PDA

View Full Version : Big ben went down.

pissknocker
12-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Doesn't look good. Left ankle and knee got folded, he is way to comfortable running aroind trying to extend plays.

Yankee_In_TX
12-08-2011, 10:40 PM
...and got back up. But he ain't right.

CloakNNNdagger
12-08-2011, 11:45 PM
Although he came back, I would be surprised if an MRI tomorrow doesn't show a fracture of high ankle sprain.

paycheck71
12-08-2011, 11:49 PM
Although he came back, I would not be surprised if an MRI tomorrow doesn't show a fracture of high ankle sprain.

The double negative got me... You do not think that he has a fracture or a sprain, right?

CloakNNNdagger
12-09-2011, 08:34 AM
The double negative got me... You do not think that he has a fracture or a sprain, right?

No, I meant that I believed that he would be found to have a fracture or high ankle sprain on MRI today. (I screwed up with the double negative. Went back and corrected the sentence structure. Thanks for catching it.) We'll see.

Dread-Head
12-09-2011, 11:49 AM
He's been playing all season with a broken thumb. Pam Oliver asked him about it and he said "It's still attached."

Jimbobway
12-09-2011, 12:13 PM
Unless the bone is sticking out of his leg I imagine he will keep playing

Plus with the long week ahead should give him chance to heal.

I don't think this changes anything in the AFC right now.

Texecutioner
12-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Doesn't look good. Left ankle and knee got folded, he is way to comfortable running aroind trying to extend plays.

That's because he's been doing that for years and been leading his team to SB's by doing that.

Blake
12-09-2011, 01:20 PM

He is a tough dude for sure, but if he doesnt heal in 10 days and is still a statue back there on Monday night against a good defense on the 49ers, he will get lit up a few times no doubt.

CloakNNNdagger
12-09-2011, 01:28 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/WashingtonPost/Content/Blogs/early-lead/Images/Browns_Steelers_Football_0d8c0.jpg?uuid=ylX_XCJ5Ee GH0V5USPQV3g

From the Washington Post:

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will have have an MRI today on his left ankle, after suffering a grotesque injury Thursday night.

The injury didn’t keep him from limping back onto the field after having an X-ray in the locker room and single-leggedly leading the Steelers to a 14-3 victory over the Cleveland Browns. Still, the pain was excruciating even with the ankle heavily taped. (Watch video here.)

“I thought my leg was broken, honestly,” Roethlisberger said. “It's one of the most painful things I ever felt.”

At the time of his Willis Reedesque return, the Steelers were up only 7-3.

Just what Ben Roethlisberger needed after the game: steps. (Gene J. Puskar / AP) “I didn't want to let my guys down,”' he said. “It's a close ballgame, a tight race right now, an AFC opponent and we're up only 7-3.”

“The heart of a champion,” linebacker James Farrior said. “The man has a lot of guts, a lot of will. He’s the leader of our team and that's what they do, they do stuff like that.”

Roethlisberger left Heinz Field after the game with his leg in a boot. Luckily for him, the Steelers and backup Charlie Batch, he has 11 days in which to heal. The Steelers (10-3) don’t play again until Dec. 19, at San Francisco.

“I really couldn’t drop back to pass and really couldn’t step into my throws,” Roethlisberger said. “[The line] did such a phenomenal job of kind of keeping me clean. That was my intention of coming back. I wanted to be there for the guys and let them know I’m going to fight for them.”

link (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/post/ben-roethlisberger-to-have-mri-on-left-ankle-today/2011/12/09/gIQA1R25hO_blog.html)

Jimbobway
12-09-2011, 01:41 PM
There was another article that quoted him as saying he felt like his ankle was going to explode: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_ylt=AlCimIpNF7EW1Elua3zYjqpDubYF?gid=201112 08023

That being said if anyone would play through an exploded foot its that guy

texanmojo
12-09-2011, 01:45 PM
I hate to say it...but this could be good news for the Texans if we face Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

CloakNNNdagger
12-09-2011, 05:17 PM
The Steelers QB went down after being sacked in the second quarter of a 14-3 victory over the Browns, the team's fourth in a row. He would later return after X-rays revealed no break. An MRI friday showed that Roethlisberger suffered a high ankle sprain, reports Jason La Canfora of NFL Network.

The injury is bad enough to put Roethlisberger's status for next Sunday's game against the 49ers in jeopardy, according to NFL Network.link (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/12/ben-roethlisberger-nri-ankle-browns/1)

thunderkyss
12-09-2011, 07:40 PM
I hate to say it...but this could be good news for the Texans if we face Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

I think we broke that same foot in week 10 & he's only gotten better since then. Somehow or another he'll probably play even better 5 weeks from now.

JCTexan
12-09-2011, 08:40 PM

I don't know about that. If Roethlisberger is playing on one leg or if Batch is starting for Pittsburgh it definitely decreases their chances at a super bowl run.

paycheck71
12-13-2011, 05:42 PM
No, I meant that I believed that he would be found to have a fracture or high ankle sprain on MRI today. (I screwed up with the double negative. Went back and corrected the sentence structure. Thanks for catching it.) We'll see.

Happens to all of us. :) Looks like you were right...