PDA

View Full Version : KuWatch Coach Kubiak's locker room speech after the win over the Falcons. Awesome stu

srrono
12-08-2011, 12:13 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/Week-13-Kubiaks-locker-room-speech/HoustonTexans Houston Texans
It doesn't get better than this. Watch Coach Kubiak's locker room speech after the win over the Falcons. Awesome stuff

chicagotexan2
12-08-2011, 12:23 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/Week-13-Kubiaks-locker-room-speech/HoustonTexans Houston Texans
It doesn't get better than this. Watch Coach Kubiak's locker room speech after the win over the Falcons. Awesome stuff

buddy i'd rep you if I could. thanks

thunderkyss
12-08-2011, 12:34 PM
The link is taking me to a live stream, says it's after today's practice.

Here's the link (http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/Week-13-Kubiaks-locker-room-speech/HoustonTexans#?id=99ba7b56-5f81-4baa-b1f2-8123558a27a6) (I think) to the post game speeches, didn't see Wade though.

TexanSam
12-08-2011, 12:35 PM
The link is taking me to a live stream, says it's after today's practice.

Does this work?
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/Week-13-Kubiaks-locker-room-speech/99ba7b56-5f81-4baa-b1f2-8123558a27a6

TimeKiller
12-08-2011, 12:38 PM
How 'bout the reaction for "the kid"?

Think these guys have his back?

NastyNate
12-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Link's not redirecting me to the video...?

Cjeremy635
12-08-2011, 12:48 PM
"We've got 4 weeks left and I'll see you Wednesday. Let's pray."

That right there says a lot to me. I always wondered about that and when I saw everyone take a knee at the last second of the video, I got goose bumps. I'm glad they pray and I'm glad that they're united in every sense of the word as a "team". I'm sure some of you could care less if they pray or not, but I thought it was great and it meant something to me.

Cjeremy635
12-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Link's not redirecting me to the video...?

Look and you'll see the picture of Coah Kubiak in the locker room and it's says something like "Post Game Locker Room Speech" or something. Click on that.

NastyNate
12-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Does this work?
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/Week-13-Kubiaks-locker-room-speech/99ba7b56-5f81-4baa-b1f2-8123558a27a6

Thanks.

gtexan02
12-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Holy crap, did you see Duane Brown?!

Kaiser Toro
12-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Awesome clip :texflag:

Lurvinator11
12-08-2011, 01:18 PM
McNair's little speech gives me goosebumps! This is such a special season!

GP
12-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Just friggin' ALMOST cried when Bob McNair was speaking to the team. ALMOST.

And who knew Gary Kubiak could smile and talk normally and be like that??? I guess all I have ever seen is his boring pressers and TV interviews where he's monotone and shows no emotion and acts like he's generally pissed off to be there to begin with.

Wow, that was a cool video. That locker room was electric!

Hardcore Texan
12-08-2011, 01:30 PM

That right there says a lot to me. I always wondered about that and when I saw everyone take a knee at the last second of the video, I got goose bumps. I'm glad they pray and I'm glad that they're united in every sense of the word as a "team". I'm sure some of you could care less if they pray or not, but I thought it was great and it meant something to me.

The whole thing was great, but that part was very cool and stood out to me as well.

thunderkyss
12-08-2011, 01:35 PM

You mean they're Christian & they're not throwing it in everyone's face?

Novel.

The Pencil Neck
12-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Just friggin' ALMOST cried when Bob McNair was speaking to the team. ALMOST.

And who knew Gary Kubiak could smile and talk normally and be like that??? I guess all I have ever seen is his boring pressers and TV interviews where he's monotone and shows no emotion and acts like he's generally pissed off to be there to begin with.

Wow, that was a cool video. That locker room was electric!

This is what I've been saying for several years now. Lots of people haven't liked Kubiak because of what they perceive of his demeanor. But that's just the Press Conference face. The guy is not how a lot of people have portrayed him as some drab, sad goon who thinks he's the smartest guy in the room.

He's fiery. He's emotional. He's a good speaker. He understands his players because he's been there.

I think the players have always liked him and always wanted to do well for him. But being an offense oriented guy, he never had the defensive coaches around to balance him out.

thunderkyss
12-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Yes

We

Can

GP
12-08-2011, 01:45 PM
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t128/gpshafer_1976/clutch_city.jpg

A little something I cooked up for public consumption.

I think I'll have a shirt made up with this on the front.

Chance_C
12-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Yeah, I just got through watching it, and it was awesome! Also love the way they are behind their head coach. Great time to be a fan. Probably each and every one of us have been fans before the team was even named....fellow fans enjoy our team's success, this is awesome. I want to remember what the NBA Finals felt like, I want to remember what the World Series felt like, I want to remember what 12-4 felt like (sorry for the reminder, don't want to relive the Buffalo debacle). Anyway, thanks Texans' for a so far very fun ride in 2011! Now lets kick some Bengals ass!

mridge01
12-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Man, Kubes was fared up. Can tell the players all like playing for him and love how they have Yates' back.

ObsiWan
12-08-2011, 02:59 PM

buddy i'd rep you if I could. thanks

I got him for ya.
...and for me.

Anyone still think this isn't Kubiak's team?

infantrycak
12-08-2011, 03:02 PM
This is what I've been saying for several years now. Lots of people haven't liked Kubiak because of what they perceive of his demeanor. But that's just the Press Conference face. The guy is not how a lot of people have portrayed him as some drab, sad goon who thinks he's the smartest guy in the room.

He's fiery. He's emotional. He's a good speaker. He understands his players because he's been there.

I think the players have always liked him and always wanted to do well for him. But being an offense oriented guy, he never had the defensive coaches around to balance him out.

You and me both. Press conference Kubiak bears almost no relation to his normal demeanor. Players were piping up against Capers in his 3rd year. There hasn't been a whisper of dissent against Kubiak other than Rosenfels saying he was too hard on him which of course is an example against the press conference demeanor. In fact every indication is the players love him.

As an aside I heard two other head coaches and Cushing refer to players as kids this week. Lopez chickened out on following up with Cushing on whether he dislikes being called a kid by Kubiak.

TexansBlood
12-08-2011, 03:11 PM
When Yates got the game ball some started saying "speech speech" LOL
Yates was all shy haha

michaelm
12-08-2011, 03:18 PM
When Yates got the game ball some started saying "speech speech" LOL
Yates was all shy haha

At the end, when McNair gave the game ball to Kubiak they started calling for a speech too.
Kubes should've stood up and said "I just gave a speech... Y'all must of not been listening. That's on me, as a coach. We're gonna come back in here tomorrow, and get that cleaned up. You kids are fixin' to do some laps."

Seņor Stan
12-08-2011, 03:23 PM
I think I am going to run through the wall of my office on the way home instead of using the door.

TexansFanatic
12-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Great video.

The amazing---and sort of frustrating---thing about that clip is that it's edited (as indicated by the computer animated flames that rise up at certain cuts). I say amazing because even with the cuts it's still inspirational.

I actually saw a clip of that locker room scene on Inside the NFL that showed Kubiak using the F word (and I don't mean the frigging word he uses in this video).

Talk about a Kubiak you're not used to seeing. :shades:

Really made me feel like something very special is coalescing around him.

Vinny
12-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Great video.

The amazing---and sort of frustrating---thing about that clip is that it's edited (as indicated by the computer animated flames that rise up at certain cuts). I say amazing because even with the cuts it's still inspirational.

I actually saw a clip of that locker room scene on Inside the NFL that showed Kubiak using the F word (and I don't mean the frigging word he uses in this video).

Really made me feel like something very special is coalescing around him.yeah, those computer animated flames remind me of the old Batman series. At least that was the 60's.

ChampionTexan
12-08-2011, 04:12 PM
yeah, those computer animated flames remind me of the old Batman series. At least that was the 60's.

You mean this?

Batman Spinning Logo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgrof_fmXuk&feature=endscreen&NR=1)

TexanSam
12-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Great video.

I was about to post in the thread asking if Kubiak cusses at all. Guess that answers my question lol.

TexansFanatic
12-08-2011, 04:23 PM
yeah, those computer animated flames remind me of the old Batman series. At least that was the 60's.

You mean this?

Batman Spinning Logo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgrof_fmXuk&feature=endscreen&NR=1)

Haha! Excellent.

http://stephensonoil.com/HeatingOil/flamesanimjl0.gif

TexCanada
12-08-2011, 04:27 PM
That video was awesome. Loved the huge cheer for "the kid"!.

infantrycak
12-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Great video.

I was about to post in the thread asking if Kubiak cusses at all. Guess that answers my question lol.

Kubiak wears out the officials and cusses a blue streak quite frequently. I keep trying to tell people the guy you see in front of the podium isn't anything like the coach the players see.

Rey
12-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Kubiak wears out the officials and cusses a blue streak quite frequently. I keep trying to tell people the guy you see in front of the podium isn't anything like the coach the players see.

Yep...

That was not my first time hearing or hearing about Kubiak cursing...

----------------------

On another note, Kubiak and Rick Smith's wives were on last night and I believe Kubiaks young son? I don't know their family situations exactly, so it may have been Rick Smiths son?

Anyways, they were promoting a charity event they were doing and it was great to hear them on the radio and talking about Rick and Gary and what they were like after losses and wins...It was also good to hear the young kid on there talking about how he basically enjoyed his interactions with classmates more this year than in years past...

The kid was young and was probably a little nervous, but you can tell that his dad was someone important in an NFL organization just from some of the things he said...

Anyways...it was just cool to hear their families on the radio and sounding happy...

Lucky
12-09-2011, 12:14 AM
He's fiery. He's emotional.
It's a lot easier to be fiery and emotional when you win. That was the problem in the past. Not enough wins and opportunities to be fiery and emotional.

Believe me, I'm happy that this team is winning. "Yes they can." But, I'm not real fond of revisionist history and I told ya so's. This team should have been winning 2 or 3 seasons ago. The past is in the past, and I'm very glad Kubiak and the team are enjoying success after 6 seasons. But that doesn't mean past criticisms weren't justified.

The Pencil Neck
12-09-2011, 01:38 AM
It's a lot easier to be fiery and emotional when you win. That was the problem in the past. Not enough wins and opportunities to be fiery and emotional.

Believe me, I'm happy that this team is winning. "Yes they can." But, I'm not real fond of revisionist history and I told ya so's. This team should have been winning 2 or 3 seasons ago. The past is in the past, and I'm very glad Kubiak and the team are enjoying success after 6 seasons. But that doesn't mean past criticisms weren't justified.

That's just BS. You can be extremely fiery and emotional after a loss. And the fact that Kubiak used to wear Sage out is proof of that. The difference is that when you're winning, you get cameras in your locker room showing your post-game speech.

That's not revisionist history.

He didn't suddenly change and become a different person.

Premier
12-09-2011, 02:19 AM

they say the "our father" but they run threw it like its one long sentence..

ObsiWan
12-09-2011, 02:27 AM
That's just BS. You can be extremely fiery and emotional after a loss. And the fact that Kubiak used to wear Sage out is proof of that. The difference is that when you're winning, you get cameras in your locker room showing your post-game speech.

That's not revisionist history.

He didn't suddenly change and become a different person.

Obviously, you've never seen Kubiak change after the presser and before he addresses the team....

http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/celebrity-pictures-mr-rogers-ass-kicking.jpg

(I wish I could photoshop Kube's face on this)

DocBar
12-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Great video. I'm so glad McNair chose continuity and kept Kubes and hired Phillips as DC. Who knew we had 3-4 personnel? I like Kube's approach. Pat em on the back when they do good and kick em in the azz when they do bad.
As far as revisionist history and told ya so's, let's just enjoy the great year this team is having and leave all that other crap for the offseason.

thunderkyss
12-09-2011, 06:34 PM
I love this team!!!!

:texan:

TheMatrix31
12-10-2011, 05:21 AM
That video is absolutely awesome! And shows something really, really special and good with this team. They're confident, they're supportive, they've got each each others' backs, they're FULLY behind their QB and coaches. They're buying in. They've BOUGHT in.

Absolutely phenomenal.

Big Lou
12-10-2011, 05:41 PM

I caught that as well and liked what I saw.

On the other hand did someone buy Duane Brown a Bedazzler, WTF kind of shirt was he wearing?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

thunderkyss
12-10-2011, 06:25 PM

On the other hand did someone buy Duane Brown a Bedazzler, WTF kind of shirt was he wearing?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

He's 6'4" 315lbs..... he's wearing any freak'n kind of shirt he wants to.

ObsiWan
12-10-2011, 07:18 PM

Those plastic studs are to protect the body from getting chafed by shoulder pads. A lot of O-linemen wear them.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTS8Gk2KtmmkD74xX7pp3lhAsgHV2LN6 v6avF2zK3Q7Lc7CQh4MMA

76Texan
12-10-2011, 09:38 PM
"I just wanted them to know that people were saying that we're going to cut things back -- that's B.S." Kubiak said. "(Yates) is our quarterback. If we simplified thing, we'd be settling. We're not going to do that."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824c21fa/article/texans-keep-the-good-times-rolling-with-qb-no-3

(Yates on Kubiak):
"He told us, 'I'm not holding back anything -- we're not cutting back the offense,' " Yates said Sunday in a private moment by his locker. "That was really cool. It gives you confidence going into the game when he says it in front of the team like that."

thunderkyss
12-10-2011, 10:55 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824c21fa/article/texans-keep-the-good-times-rolling-with-qb-no-3

I think the NFL analysts should stop surround teams with drama like the colts, falcons, the bears because they suck and stop giving the 49ers and packers all the "unstoppable" title Because we all know who they both play, they have easy schedules like look what happen to the 49ers when they played baltimore, they got whooped! The packers havnt played a top 10 defense team. UNLIKE the Texans now they have played 7 top 10 defenses and lost only against the ravens they will soon play their 8th TOP 10 defense team this coming up sunday. So i think hands down the Texans can beat the "Unstoppable" Green Bay Packers in a heart beat because the packers cant handle Foster and Tate or the Number 1 underrated defense in the NFL. Like they say Offense wins games Defense wins championships so in February we'll see who is the Champion.

I got this quote from a comment to the article.

Is this true (I'm going to check in a second). We've played 7 top 10 defenses?

San Francisco
Pittsburgh
Houston
Baltimore
Miami
Tennessee
Cleveland
Jacksonville
Chicago
Atlanta
Top ten scoring defenses

We've played the bolded teams. Seven.

Wow.

thunderkyss
12-10-2011, 10:59 PM
That's interesting. These are the top 10 offenses (points)

Green Bay
New Orleans
New England
Detroit
Houston
Baltimore
Detroit
Carolina
NYJets
San Francisco

The Bolded are the teams we have played or will play.

We've got a top 5 offense (points) even though we've played 7 top ten defenses.

That's freak'n awesome.

Go Gary.

76Texan
12-10-2011, 11:02 PM
San Francisco
Pittsburgh
Houston
Baltimore
Miami
Tennessee
Cleveland
Jacksonville
Chicago
Atlanta
Top ten scoring defenses

Wow.Seven teams, but Eight games against top ten scoring defense.

Jax twice!

thunderkyss
12-10-2011, 11:06 PM
Seven teams, but Eight games against top ten scoring defense.

Jax twice!

That's really blowing my mind.

ObsiWan
12-10-2011, 11:09 PM
I got this quote from a comment to the article.

Is this true (I'm going to check in a second). We've played 7 top 10 defenses?

San Francisco
Pittsburgh
Houston
Baltimore
Miami
Tennessee
Cleveland
Jacksonville
Chicago
Atlanta
Top ten scoring defenses

Wow.

Eight ...if you count that we practice against the #3 defense every week
:peek:

76Texan
12-10-2011, 11:19 PM
That's interesting. These are the top 10 offenses (points)

Green Bay
New Orleans
New England
Detroit
Houston
Baltimore
Detroit
Carolina
NYJets
San Francisco

The Bolded are the teams we have played or will play.

We've got a top 5 offense (points) even though we've played 7 top ten defenses.

That's freak'n awesome.

Go Gary.On the other hand, is our defense a little overrated?

We played two tier 1 teams, 5 games against tier 2 teams and 5 games against tier 3 teams.

76Texan
12-10-2011, 11:44 PM
On the other hand, is our defense a little overrated?

We played two tier 1 teams, 5 games against tier 2 teams and 5 games against tier 3 teams.

However, based on scoring, both our offense and defense are ahead of the Bungals by a decent margin when compared strength of schedules! :texanbill:

TheMatrix31
12-11-2011, 06:54 AM
On the other hand, is our defense a little overrated?

Maybe slightly, but the balance of competition we've played shows that top 5 defense is a generally accurate placement.

76Texan
12-11-2011, 07:24 AM
Maybe slightly, but the balance of competition we've played shows that top 5 defense is a generally accurate placement.

That's why I made a quick comparison with the Bengals.

Basically, we've been playing against better offenses than they did (with some common opponents), so whereever we are (let's say we're #2 in scoring, and they are #13), our ranking relative to them is more than justified.

The same goes for our offense vs. theirs.

I like our chance!