PDA

View Full Version : P Hartmann torn ACL

srrono
12-05-2011, 03:36 PM
per Kubiak IR Hartmann

kiwitexansfan
12-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Not pleased, hoping it would be something more manageable.

Field position is really important to this team right now and not sure if any of the punters out there will be up to the task.

Thorn
12-05-2011, 03:42 PM
damn. gotta get a punter fast.

jaayteetx
12-05-2011, 03:43 PM
its a damn shame we lose a player to the field conditions, this needs to be rectified, asap.

HOU-TEX
12-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Please say NO to Turk!!!!!!

GP
12-05-2011, 04:20 PM
per Kubiak IR Hartmann

http://forumuploads.animutationportal.com/81_45997becd2d91.gif

And this....

http://batterymouth.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/angrypanda.gif

disaacks3
12-05-2011, 04:22 PM
No real surprise here, he went down like a sack of potatoes. Hope there's a few decent candidates out there.

...and here I was just thinking how nicely he was booming his punts yesterday.

GP
12-05-2011, 04:25 PM
I wonder if it happened during the punt, or it was almost done during the punt...and then the trip on the carpet just finished it off.

I cannot see how a guy jogging, since he was not running at a sprint IIRC, can tear an ACL unless it was weakened maybe during the punt.

Ktexan68
12-05-2011, 04:27 PM
My God, there has to someone else out there better than Turk. The man is old and bad.

silvrhand
12-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Next Man up.. maybe Cody can punt lol?

GP
12-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Every year, a bunch of punters graduate from college or try out and hope to land somewhere.

Is it THAT bad of a crop, year in and year out, that we see punters staying in the NFL until they are 50? It's punting. The football. Punt. The. Ball.

Yeah, yeah, yeah....I know: "But GP, it's a LOT more technical than just punting the ball. The snap, the kick, the trajectory, the spin of the earth, temperature and humidity, blah blah blah..." Spare me, i can hear it from you guys already.

Just go find some kid who is out there like Hartmann was. Find him. It's the job of the Texans to always be looking for these diamonds in the rough. Go find our Prince Ali and shine him up for Princess Jasmine already. DO IT.

steelbtexan
12-05-2011, 04:40 PM
I wonder if it happened during the punt, or it was almost done during the punt...and then the trip on the carpet just finished it off.

I cannot see how a guy jogging, since he was not running at a sprint IIRC, can tear an ACL unless it was weakened maybe during the punt.

He stepped into one of those seams and tried to change directions. Even at a low rate of speed it was enough to tear up his knee.

That tells you how bad of condition the field was in. They should never play high school/college games on the weekends the Texans are playing at Reliant.

Even if they replace the trays there will be gaps and these gaps will cause more injuries. BoBBy should replace the grass with field turf. I know that it will cost $1 mil. to replace the grass, and BoBBy will pass the cost on to the season ticket holders. But this needs to be done. Imagine if Foster or AJ had torn their ACL because of field conditions. The outcry would've been 10 times as bad as it is now.

steelbtexan
12-05-2011, 04:48 PM
How about the P that hit the scoreboard at Cowgirls stadium.

Or one of the Colquitt family. I know one of them got kicked off his college team for drinking problems. But lets just sober him up for a couple of months and go with it.

Or we could do the same with TB.

DX-TEX
12-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Let Casey punt!

robroy72
12-05-2011, 05:13 PM
RGIII can punt .....

TexanSam
12-05-2011, 05:33 PM
What's Chad Stanley up to these days?

Craig.
12-05-2011, 05:40 PM
What's Chad Stanley up to these days?

About 6'3"

disaacks3
12-05-2011, 05:40 PM
He stepped into one of those seams and tried to change directions. Even at a low rate of speed it was enough to tear up his knee.

That tells you how bad of condition the field was in. They should never play high school/college games on the weekends the Texans are playing at Reliant.

Even if they replace the trays there will be gaps and these gaps will cause more injuries. BoBBy should replace the grass with field turf. I know that it will cost $1 mil. to replace the grass, and BoBBy will pass the cost on to the season ticket holders. But this needs to be done. Imagine if Foster or AJ had torn their ACL because of field conditions. The outcry would've been 10 times as bad as it is now.

I still can't believe those seams were anywhere near as bad as the ones in the Astrodome. Those things injured 1/2 our backs during drills in HS.

DocBar
12-05-2011, 06:30 PM
The football gods had pity on us and our punter blew his knee out instead of Cush. Which injury made your heart stop, Cush being helped off the field or Hartmann? Maybe the football gods think we've sacrificed enough blood and bodies for one year.

CloakNNNdagger
12-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Non contact ACL injuries are common.........in fact 70% are non contact. One of the main theories of mechanism is that the quadriceps causes an anterior vector (pull) on the knee, stressing and potentially disrupting the ACL, whereas the hamstring causes a posterior vector (pull), thereby protecting the ACL. However, when the knee is in 10- 30 % flexion and the foot forcefully hits down in that position in full out sprint, if the quad force/strength is inordinately greater than the hamstring....the tibia is violently forced forward......tearing the ACL..............and who on our team probably has the most powerful quadriceps muscles............and is not used to all out sprinting????????

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_pS9A_qYlL-M/S7YeNdFnCrI/AAAAAAAAAZg/BFyyGSe_XhI/s1600/KneeACL.jpg

CloakNNNdagger
12-05-2011, 06:37 PM
NickScurfield Twitter

#Texans rookie P Brett “The Hitman” Hartmann will finish the year w/ a 44.4-yard punting avg, a new franchise record
59 minutes ago

Texas T
12-05-2011, 06:38 PM
The football gods had pity on us and our punter blew his knee out instead of Cush. Which injury made your heart stop, Cush being helped off the field or Hartmann? Maybe the football gods think we've sacrificed enough blood and bodies for one year.

Actually it was both for me. I really felt bad for Hartmann when I saw him just laying on the field, actually my first thought was that he hit someone and knocked himself out...

I guess we'll keep losing one player per win...so who's next?

DocBar
12-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Actually it was both for me. I really felt bad for Hartmann when I saw him just laying on the field, actually my first thought was that he hit someone and knocked himself out...

I guess we'll keep losing one player per win...so who's next?Losing a punter has nowhere near the impact of losing The Terminator. Cushing is NOT a linebacker. He's The Terminator.

JPPT1974
12-07-2011, 08:59 PM
Not only did he punt, but he kicked off. As now the team has to deal with Rackers kicking off the rest of the year. Here's looking at 2012 for Hartmann!

Malloy
12-08-2011, 01:53 AM
Non contact ACL injuries are common.........in fact 70% are non contact. One of the main theories of mechanism is that the quadriceps causes an anterior vector (pull) on the knee, stressing and potentially disrupting the ACL, whereas the hamstring causes a posterior vector (pull), thereby protecting the ACL. However, when the knee is in 10- 30 % flexion and the foot forcefully hits down in that position in full out sprint, if the quad force/strength is inordinately greater than the hamstring....the tibia is violently forced forward......tearing the ACL..............and who on our team probably has the most powerful quadriceps muscles............and is not used to all out sprinting????????

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_pS9A_qYlL-M/S7YeNdFnCrI/AAAAAAAAAZg/BFyyGSe_XhI/s1600/KneeACL.jpg

VERY good point!

So, when coaches biach about punters & kickers tackling, it might not be a case of them wanting the punter/kicker to stay out of contact as much as it is avoiding them running around hurting themselves?

Crazy really that your ACL self destructs...

Malloy
12-08-2011, 01:55 AM
Losing a punter has nowhere near the impact of losing The Terminator. Cushing is NOT a linebacker. He's The Terminator.

Not that I want to enter 'who's the most expendable player on the roster' talk, but hangtime & field position is a big deal, especially now with an offense that might be a bit less successful then with Schaub at the wheel.

In other words, punters are pretty damn important! :)

CloakNNNdagger
12-08-2011, 07:20 AM
Not that I want to enter 'who's the most expendable player on the roster' talk, but hangtime & field position is a big deal, especially now with an offense that might be a bit less successful then with Schaub at the wheel.

In other words, punters are pretty damn important! :)

It's importance has been really emphasized during our long periods of poor coverage team performance.

DocBar
12-08-2011, 11:32 AM

In other words, punters are pretty damn important! :)I didn't say punters weren't important. I said losing a punter isn't as big a loss as losing one of your starting inside linebackers, who happens to be on a helluva roll this year. Maybe the football gods took pity on us and took Hartmann instead of Cush. They might've took pity on us when took Leinart also. Yates looked pretty OK in 6 quarters of work.