PDA

View Full Version : McNair says AJ back in a couple weeks.

Vinnie
12-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Didn't see this posted yet, but FWIW McNair says AJ will be back in a couple weeks.

http://tracking.si.com/2011/12/05/houston-texans-hope-wr-andre-johnson-will-be-back-in-a-couple-weeks/?sct=nfl_t2_a4

ziggy29
12-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Didn't see this posted yet, but FWIW McNair says AJ will be back in a couple weeks.

I don't want to get into the playoffs (or a must-win game with the Titans) only to have him unavailable because they rushed him back too soon.

Mr. White
12-05-2011, 12:27 PM
I'm not counting on it.

This injury looked just like his last one. I didn't think that one would be 2-3 weeks like the FO was saying either.

I think WR is a 1st-round concern now.

El Tejano
12-05-2011, 12:29 PM
When we play our first playoff game, we need to do the right thing and make sure AJs jersey gets retired at halftime.

Seriously though, I want him playing in the playoff games. He deserves it more than anyone.

clutch
12-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Didn't know mcnair had xray vision.. his opinion on what he hopes to happen means nothing.. 330s press confrence will tell us everything.. go fix the turf mcnair...

Texecutioner
12-05-2011, 12:31 PM
I'm not counting on it.

This injury looked just like his last one. I didn't think that one would be 2-3 weeks like the FO was saying either.

I think WR is a 1st-round concern now.

Not if we can find one in free agency or through a trade and get a quality guy. There were a lot of good options last off season. I'd like to use one more draft to keep building this defense into a powerhouse for years to come. We definitely need an upgrade at WR though.

AJ's injury is a bad hamstring injury. It seems he has caught one of those that just lingers on and on. It's hard to expect him at 100% at any point in this season at this point.

DX-TEX
12-05-2011, 12:32 PM
Not if we can find one in free agency or through a trade and get a quality guy. There were a lot of good options last off season. I'd like to use one more draft to keep building this defense into a powerhouse for years to come. We definitely need an upgrade at WR though.

AJ's injury is a bad hamstring injury. It seems he has caught one of those that just lingers on and on. It's hard to expect him at 100% at any point in this season at this point.

He injured his right leg yesterday. He had surgery earlier this season on his left leg hamstring.

Vinnie
12-05-2011, 12:32 PM
Sounds like he's buying what AJ's selling him to me, that it's not as bad as the previous injury. If that does turn out to be the case, I say sit him for the rest of the season and let him heal. I think we can secure the division pretty handily at this point with him out of the lineup.

Mr. White
12-05-2011, 12:34 PM

Make that 2 bad hamstring injuries. His last injury was his right hamstring. This is his left.

TexCanada
12-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Sit him until the Titans game.

Texecutioner
12-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Make that 2 bad hamstring injuries. His last injury was his right hamstring. This is his left.

I'd sit him until the playoffs then.

ziggy29
12-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Sit him until the Titans game.
And even then, only if it's a must-win. If it's not a must-win and the Texans have already clinched the division before then, then rest him until the playoffs.

DexmanC
12-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Some caller on 790 this morning (Matt & Adam's show) referenced
Dre as "Black Yao." God I hope that guy is wrong.

Ryan
12-05-2011, 12:59 PM

Yao in his respective sport never had the talent level that AJ has in his. I don't think anyone would consider Yao one of the top 5 greats at his position, but that can easily be said with AJ, even when hurt.

But i do hope the trend stops with AJ getting hurt like Yao though.

Vinnie
12-05-2011, 01:04 PM

No comparison in my mind. Yao's problems were that he was just too freakishly big for his foot bones. Andre seems to just have some bad luck.

Corrosion
12-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Sit him until the playoff game after the Bronco's.

Fixed that for you. :ahhaha:

steelbtexan
12-05-2011, 01:17 PM

There will be several FA Wr's available next yr.

Colston and Meachem, only 1 will be re-signed.

D. Jackson, V.Jackson, D.Bowe etc...

This is the way I would get the WR2. Also it's a very good yr for WR's in the draft. You could probably draft a guy like Rishard Matthews (who I really like) from Nevada. Or Jarius Wright from Arkansas in the 4th rd. (Really good value.)

One more defensive heavy draft would put this defense over the top. IMHO

Vinnie
12-05-2011, 01:20 PM

I don't think the offense can afford another defense heavy draft. This next draft will need more parity, which is fine because this is the most parity we've seen between both sides of the ball ever.

GP
12-05-2011, 01:23 PM
I don't think the offense can afford another defense heavy draft. This next draft will need more parity, which is fine because this is the most parity we've seen between both sides of the ball ever.

Agreed.

Clamp
12-05-2011, 01:34 PM
If we can secure a first round bye in the playoffs that would of course be the best thing. It would give everyone on the team some rest, and God knows they need it. If we could do that it would mean we won most if not all of our last games and would be an auspicious start for TJ.

80tothezone
12-05-2011, 01:34 PM
There will be several FA Wr's available next yr.

Colston and Meachem, only 1 will be re-signed.

D. Jackson, V.Jackson, D.Bowe etc...

This is the way I would get the WR2. Also it's a very good yr for WR's in the draft. You could probably draft a guy like Rishard Matthews (who I really like) from Nevada. Or Jarius Wright from Arkansas in the 4th rd. (Really good value.)

even with the 32nd pick? ;)

Dread-Head
12-05-2011, 01:35 PM
I'm sorry someone said the "BRONCOS" yeah, it's easy to look invincible when you're not playing anybody. Tebow has been lucky and his luck will run out in the playoffs. Every day the bucket goes to the well and one day the bottom will drop out. Tebow is going to go to the playoffs face a hard defense and will be exposed as the fraud he is. The same people on Tebow's knob are the same guys who were on Vince Young a few years back.

12-05-2011, 01:36 PM
... can we get the official MRI results already?