PDA

View Full Version : Madonna at the Superbowl

Doppelganger
12-04-2011, 09:14 PM
It was just announced on NBC during halftime of the Detroit-Saints game that Madonna will be the halftime performer for the upcoming Superbowl.

Looks like the halftime show will yet again be an opportunity for me to use the facilities.

gg no re
12-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Better than Nickelback.

brakos82
12-04-2011, 09:46 PM
It was just announced on NBC during halftime of the Detroit-Saints game that Madonna will be the halftime performer for the upcoming Superbowl.

Looks like the halftime show will yet again be an opportunity for me to use the facilities.

Did you know that more toilets are flushed during Super Bowl halftime than at any other time?

Playoffs
12-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Madonna?

Like A Virgin?

:wadepalm::mariopalm::kubepalm::facepalm: :hankpalm:

Doppelganger
12-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Better than Nickelback.

I don't know about that. As bad as Nickelback is, Madonna is worse.

BTW, did you see the Halftime performance of the Cowboy game this year? It was AWFUL. The live crowd looked really bored and very unenthusiastic about the artists. The "club kids" up front were jumping up and down, but the football fans hated it. I imagine this is what will happen when Madonna "performs"

Doppelganger
12-04-2011, 10:03 PM
Did you know that more toilets are flushed during Super Bowl halftime than at any other time?

I wasn't aware but it makes sense. I mean with all that beer being drank, it has to expelled from the body at some point.

Doppelganger
12-04-2011, 10:08 PM
Madonna?

Like A Virgin?

:wadepalm::mariopalm::kubepalm::facepalm: :hankpalm:

I am sure the censors have warned her not to grind on the floor, roll around, or french kiss her female backup singers.

Dutchrudder
12-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Better than Prince...

Hookem Horns
12-04-2011, 11:04 PM
Madonna?

Like A Virgin?

More like a dried up old woman.

http://madonnastickytourdvd.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/madonna_badface.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/12/28/article-0-02E6EA86000005DC-783_468x591.jpg

gg no re
12-04-2011, 11:11 PM
Better than Prince...

Are you serious? Prince was one of the better Superbowl halftime shows. Little weirdo is notorious for being amazing in live performances.

Scooter
12-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Better than Prince...

prince was great.

i think a fairly obvious choice this year would've been BUSH as a real band with a current hit as well as plenty of success for the major demographic.

i'm also surprised that red hot chili peppers havent been suggested.

edit: i'll hold my opinion on madonna because i assume her show will include a ton of other performers ... though it's probably going to be little better than the epic fail that the blackeyed peas were.

The Pencil Neck
12-04-2011, 11:21 PM
People watch the half-time show?

brakos82
12-04-2011, 11:22 PM
I want death cab. :kitten:

jjjezebel
12-05-2011, 09:44 AM
I want death cab. :kitten:

Or heck, any band where the median age isn't over 50.

I would LOVE to see Metallica do a halftime show.

GP
12-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Lukas Nelson. Shredding on his guitar.

Or Lady Antebellum (sp?).

A trio of Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, and Carrie Underwood. The two guys can shred on guitar, Carrie has amazing vocals, it'd be better than Madonna.

Whoever is making these decisions must be of the 70s and 80s generation.

Dread-Head
12-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Better than Prince...

:thinking: Are we talking about the SAME Prince Rogers Nelson who plays bass, piano, drums, trumpet, sax and guitar and did an INCREDIBLE impromptu solo on "While my Guitar Genlty Weeps" with Tom Petty during George Harrison's induction into the Rock & Roll hall of fame? THAT Prince Rogers Nelson? Who when he played during halftime at the Superbowl danced his ass off AND played a stirring rendition of Purple Rain...IN the pouring rain? If we're talking about THAT guy and not your buddy's dog named Prince then ...EPIC FAIL!

In regards to Madonna...if both teams will be traveling backwards in time to 1988 to play the Superbowl then by all means Ms. Ciccone will be a GREAT choice.

HOU-TEX
12-05-2011, 10:17 AM
Meh, I wish they'd just get U2 to do the show every year.

Dread-Head
12-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Meh, I wish they'd just get U2 to do the show every year.

Why don't they just get Willie Nelson? Everybody likes Willie.

Playoffs
12-05-2011, 10:56 AM
Better than Prince...Not. http://wso.williams.edu/orgs/trivia/stink/prince_symbol_small.jpg

The1ApplePie
12-05-2011, 11:10 AM
Better than Nickelback.

^

This

Can't be worse than the Black Eyed Peas

toronto
12-05-2011, 11:37 AM
^

This

God was that awful. He may have been a 'geezer' to some but Springsteen was awesome.

I am fearing a wardrobe malfunction on this one.

Dread-Head
12-05-2011, 11:48 AM
God was that awful. He may have been a 'geezer' to some but Springsteen was awesome.

I am fearing a wardrobe malfunction on this one.

The Black Eyed Peas? God Fergie make me want to put a 155mm howitzer to my head.

Texecutioner
12-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Why not go with the classic Rolling Stones?? THey did that several years ago, and the Rollins Stones are like American Apple Pie. You can never go wrong. The Stones are "NEVER" a bad choice. "Satisfaction" guaranteed. :shades:

Mr. White
12-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Prince? Really? Actual rain while he was playing Purple Rain was epic.

U2 is another one that's stood out to me over the years. The rest have run the gamut from "god-awful" to "just OK."

Hervoyel
12-05-2011, 12:25 PM
THIS IS A SIGN!

Seriously, I hate Madonna. I've hated Madonna from the moment I realized that she was never going to go away. First album, kinda cute in a stupid/slutty kind of way. Second album was "Ok, are we done yet?". Turns out no, we're not done yet. We keep making records, keep making movies (even though she sucks at it) and keeps the spotlight from moving off of her by any means necessary. The years go by and I'm still hating this person. Years turn into decades and still she stays there seemingly never aging. The public for some reason refuses to grow bored with her. I can't explain it, I just want it to stop.

Then a few years ago she finally seemed to lose steam. Suddenly she looked like she was aging (really fast too like some sort of deal with the devil expired) and her records weren't selling. For once the media stopped talking about her and started talking about someone else (who was equally worthless but that's beside the point) and then there was a little blip about her divorce and she was gone.

Just this week I mentioned to my wife that Madonna was finally gone and I was so.... "happy" about it. Now this.

The Texans will play in this years Super Bowl and it will be my fate to have to see Madonna at halftime. Book it.

santo
12-05-2011, 12:34 PM
THIS IS A SIGN!

Seriously, I hate Madonna. I've hated Madonna from the moment I realized that she was never going to go away. First album, kinda cute in a stupid/slutty kind of way. Second album was "Ok, are we done yet?". Turns out no, we're not done yet. We keep making records, keep making movies (even though she sucks at it) and keeps the spotlight from moving off of her by any means necessary. The years go by and I'm still hating this person. Years turn into decades and still she stays there seemingly never aging. The public for some reason refuses to grow bored with her. I can't explain it, I just want it to stop.

Then a few years ago she finally seemed to lose steam. Suddenly she looked like she was aging (really fast too like some sort of deal with the devil expired) and her records weren't selling. For once the media stopped talking about her and started talking about someone else (who was equally worthless but that's beside the point) and then there was a little blip about her divorce and she was gone.

Just this week I mentioned to my wife that Madonna was finally gone and I was so.... "happy" about it. Now this.

The Texans will play in this years Super Bowl and it will be my fate to have to see Madonna at halftime. Book it.

I was thinking this yesterday when Bob Costas mentioned who was playing at this year's Superbowl Event. Madonna was the talk of the town when the Rockets were in the finals on there way to wining their first championship. I can only hope.:fans:

Dread-Head
12-05-2011, 01:09 PM
THIS IS A SIGN!

Her first album was decent. "Like a Virgin" was OKAY...but she's lasted this long because really "fabulous" guys absolutely love her and she sells out stadiums in Europe.

TexansBull
12-05-2011, 08:51 PM
The Who was the worst.

Nawzer
12-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Blue Man Group. Make it happen NFL.

Showtime100
12-06-2011, 12:45 AM
I wasn't aware but it makes sense. I mean with all that beer being drank, it has to expelled from the body at some point.

One funny thing about the study was this happened everywhere but Tennessee. However, it should be noted the level of their gutters, creeks and streams rise just after halftime. :D :D

AnthonyE
12-06-2011, 01:08 AM
Dude.

Clay Walker.

Make it happen, NFL.

SheTexan
12-06-2011, 06:24 AM
Pathetic choice!!

The NFL has made the SB nothing more than a game for the rich and famous. Celebreties will flood Indy, throw huge over priced parties, buy up tickets for all their pot head friends, pretend they LOVE the game of football when most don't know the difference between a QB and a RB. They just like the name BACK because they got where they are by laying on theirs!! SB hype is disgusting, and nauseats me to no end. BUT, if my team is playing, I will do whatever I can to be there to support them. The rest of the media crap they can shove where the sun don't shine!!

I will say this though!! As much as I detest Madonna, I thank the football gawds above they didn't pick Faith Hill!!!!!

Wolf
12-06-2011, 07:07 AM
Guess I will miss the halftime show..

I would like to see skillet

Double Barrel
12-06-2011, 04:00 PM

I want to go to a cool SB party where they watch the Lingerie League championship at halftime...

Or heck, any band where the median age isn't over 50.

I would LOVE to see Metallica do a halftime show.

YES!! Even KISS would be cool to see!

All too heavy for mainstream audience, though. They have to appeal to the lowest common denominator with these artists.

^

This

I never cared for them, but last year's SB halftime made me loathe them. That was just bad. Like beer farts bad. Stepped in dog poo and you smell it in your car all day bad. Like food poisoning bad.

That would be amazing! By far the best suggestion that I've heard, yet. :thumbup

I think the funniest time we had about a SB halftime was leading up to Bruce Springsteen. I'm not a fan of his, but we kept telling our boy that the Boss was playing halftime show. He said "who's boss?", and we'd tell him he's everyone's boss! We had fun with that, and Bruce isn't a bad performer for a mainstream show. At least you don't have to worry about nipplegate or garbage like the Black Eye Peas.

gg no re
12-06-2011, 06:42 PM
I think the funniest time we had about a SB halftime was leading up to Bruce Springsteen. I'm not a fan of his, but we kept telling our boy that the Boss was playing halftime show. He said "who's boss?", and we'd tell him he's everyone's boss! We had fun with that, and Bruce isn't a bad performer for a mainstream show. At least you don't have to worry about nipplegate or garbage like the Black Eye Peas.
Had 3D TV been a bigger thing during that time, I'm sure Bruce might've had his own controversy.

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/b9vfl4b63jg315kpycprpLfRo1_401.gif

Admittedly, teabagging millions of Americans live on TV would win my vote for best Superbowl halftime show.

Doppelganger
12-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Her first album was decent. "Like a Virgin" was OKAY...but she's lasted this long because really "fabulous" guys absolutely love her and she sells out stadiums in Europe.

SO you are saying she is the female version of David Hasselhoff?!

Goatcheese
12-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Screw musical half-time shows.

Bring out the guys from Knights of Mayhem instead. That's manly entertainment right there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGrAUj-CgnQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJrQWqapBFQ

badboy
12-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Could we not get a bit more recent like Britney Spears? What?

kingh99
12-06-2011, 07:59 PM

Madonna can call Bush Hitler and it's all good. Free expression of speech didn't work out quite the same for Hank Williams Jr.

ChrisG
12-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Could we not get a bit more recent like Britney Spears? What?

All networks and the nfl are running scared from the FCC. Every since Janet flashed everyone they have not gone with any recent / popular artist.

badboy
12-06-2011, 09:21 PM
All networks and the nfl are running scared from the FCC. Every since Janet flashed everyone they have not gone with any recent / popular artist.So,you consider Britney Spears recently revelant? We gotta get a sarcasm icon.

Giant Tiger
12-06-2011, 09:23 PM

That's all my wife watches :tinfoil:

ChrisG
12-06-2011, 09:51 PM
So,you consider Britney Spears recently revelant? We gotta get a sarcasm icon.

Nope lol Was referring to the rest of his post.

jjjezebel
12-07-2011, 08:09 AM

This, this, this, and more this. I've seen them live twice, and own their CDs. They are just electric to see. But I think their humor might be lost on a lot of people.

Just for fun, I found this Wikipedia page that lists all the former halftime shows. It's a pretty fun read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_halftime_shows

TEXANS84
12-07-2011, 08:27 AM
I'm cool with Madonna being the halftime show, she can still bring it.

Heck, anything is better than the Black Eyed Peas horrible performance from last year.

beerlover
12-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Black Sabbath with Ozzy would be epic :wesmantexanfan:

HOU-TEX
12-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Black Sabbath with Ozzy would be epic :wesmantexanfan:

I would dig that. Heck, Ozzy alone would suit me just fine

Hardcore Texan
12-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Why not go with the classic Rolling Stones?? THey did that several years ago, and the Rollins Stones are like American Apple Pie. You can never go wrong. The Stones are "NEVER" a bad choice. "Satisfaction" guaranteed. :shades:

Not no but heck now. I'll pass on the Rolling Bones.....

Texan_Bill
12-07-2011, 10:28 AM
To be honest, I'm too busy at halftime using the facilities, fixing a drink and eating some food to pay attention to the performance. In fact looking over the list that jjjezebel posted, I don't remember any of them.

Seņor Stan
12-07-2011, 10:48 AM
The NFL missed a perfect choice...Axl Rose is from Lafayette Indiana.

Guns N Roses

TheCD
12-07-2011, 11:08 AM
I have yet to see a halftime show that interests me. Halftime at the Super Bowl just annoys me because of the extended time between quarters as opposed to the rest of the season. If I could, I would do away with all halftime shows period and be done with it. I doubt there is a single act that could keep me from going to the bathroom or talking to my friends about what to expect in the second half.

Scooter
12-07-2011, 11:15 AM
wow, no votes for Rage Against the Machine?

:stirpot:

HOU-TEX
12-07-2011, 11:48 AM
TB told me he wanted to see Boy George

http://guestofaguest.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/boy-george-photo-xl-boy-george-6227175.jpg

GuerillaBlack
12-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Should have had Kanye and Jay Z. NFL still punishing fans for 2004. Enough with the washed up acts. Saw Ozzy mentioned earlier and wouldn't mind him tho.

infantrycak
12-07-2011, 03:57 PM
I don't like Madonna personally as music to listen to but I am surprised by how negative the reaction to her is and all the washed up, etc. comments. She is the 4th best selling artist of all time (The Beatles, Elvis and Michael Jackson being the first three). As to washed up, she was the best selling artist of the last decade. She was the 3rd touring artist of the last decade. She is about to put out another album. There are lots of acts I would rather see out of personal preference but I can't see faulting the NFL for picking the highest selling artist of all time that is currently active.

Shaft75
12-07-2011, 03:59 PM
They should have chosen KOL.

Madonna blows, literally.

rmartin65
12-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Should have had Kanye and Jay Z. NFL still punishing fans for 2004. Enough with the washed up acts. Saw Ozzy mentioned earlier and wouldn't mind him tho.

Pass. Those guys performed at the Victoria Secret show, and that was the most bored I have ever been while looking at scantily clad, beautiful women.

Scratch that, the Minaj (sp?) performance was worse. But Kanye and Jay Z sucked.

Texecutioner
12-07-2011, 04:11 PM
I don't like Madonna personally as music to listen to but I am surprised by how negative the reaction to her is and all the washed up, etc. comments. She is the 4th best selling artist of all time (The Beatles, Elvis and Michael Jackson being the first three). As to washed up, she was the best selling artist of the last decade. She was the 3rd touring artist of the last decade. She is about to put out another album. There are lots of acts I would rather see out of personal preference but I can't see faulting the NFL for picking the highest selling artist of all time that is currently active.

Everyone in this thread would still sleep with her.

Texecutioner
12-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Not no but heck now. I'll pass on the Rolling Bones.....

How can anyone hate on The Stones?

brakos82
12-07-2011, 04:19 PM

I think Bill would sleep with a fish. What's your point?

Norg
12-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Stonesour would have been cool

Hervoyel
12-07-2011, 11:10 PM

I would not. I find her so utterly repellent that intercourse would be impossible. There are things I'd do that maybe I wouldn't be proud of but Madonna isn't one of them.

Wolf
12-07-2011, 11:15 PM
i would not. I find her so utterly repellent that intercourse would be impossible. There are things i'd do that maybe i wouldn't be proud of but madonna isn't one of them.

msr

jjjezebel
12-08-2011, 08:29 AM

Ooo...I dunno. She's looking awfully...plasticky lately. Not bad from a distance, but up close it's pretty obvious. Not that she isn't still attractive, but she really hasn't aged that gracefully.

SheTexan
12-09-2011, 04:44 PM

Nope!! You are WRONG about that! She is repulsive. JMO!

Cak hit the nail on the head though. She's putting out a new album next year. What better way to promote it. I wonder how much it cost her to BUY her way onto the SB stage!!

Mr. White
12-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Just for fun, I found this Wikipedia page that lists all the former halftime shows. It's a pretty fun read.

Up With People ftw.

Texecutioner
12-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Ooo...I dunno. She's looking awfully...plasticky lately. Not bad from a distance, but up close it's pretty obvious. Not that she isn't still attractive, but she really hasn't aged that gracefully.

I'm pretty sure that most people on this board wouldn't kick her out of bed.

She's got a pretty damn nice boy for her age as she stays in very good shape and works out relentlessly. Her face is definitely aged, but most of the drunks on this site (Which includes me) wouldn't care that much about an aged face on Madonna at this point. She doesn't look like she's 65 or anything. I think most folks just don't like her liberal loudmouth, so they will hate on her. I'm fairly certain that if AROD would sleep with her and parade around with her like he's her BF knowing that he can get all kinds of hot pieces of ass all over the world, that Madonna is still working with a little something there.

Wolf
12-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Kiss member Gene Simmons and War founder Howard E. Scott unleashed verbal assaults this week on other acts.

Simmons, the bassist and vocalist for the legendary band, said Madonna is not appropriate to perform at Super Bowl XLVI. When asked for his opinion on the matter, Simmons had a sarcastic response. "I love all karaoke singers," he told TMZ. "I like all the girl singers who get up and sing with tapes. Shame on you."

Simmons, whose band performed at the Super Bowl in 1999, said artists who lip-sync misrepresent themselves to their audience. He suggested that entertainers who sing over vocal tracks inform their audience beforehand.

"I don't care what your music is, have some integrity, be real, or full disclosure before the fact," he said. "Hold up a sign that says, '70 percent of what you hear is fake. It's a tape. I'm a karaoke singer.'"

Madonna has not responded publicly to Simmons' insults.
http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/thats-really-week/december-5-11-madonna-super-bowl-performance-beastie-175138744.html

burro
12-11-2011, 01:18 AM
This, this, this, and more this. I've seen them live twice, and own their CDs. They are just electric to see. But I think their humor might be lost on a lot of people.

That was interesting. It seems like the SB half-time show has been historically bad. Perhaps we should just be thankful for the fact that we had a stretch of (at least) tolerable performances from real musicians (McCartney, Petty, Springsteen, Stones, The Who, etc). Now it's back to half-baked pop performers.

That being said, something tells me that this will be something even worse than watching will.i.am stumble about dressed like an X-Men character with a plastic mold of Rick Perry's hair on his head, while Slash pretends to play Sweet Child O' Mine on guitar, while that one guy in the group who never seems to have any part in any song fumbles with his heart-shaped lite brite chest plate. Madonna is famous because at one point she was a sex-symbol. Unfortunately, today it appears that the plastic surgery has turned on her and she looks worse than her age. Suffice it to say that large quantities of beer and nacho cheese won't be the only thing to send me rushing to the bathroom come halftime.

jjjezebel
12-11-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm pretty sure that most people on this board wouldn't kick her out of bed.

She's got a pretty damn nice boy for her age as she stays in very good shape and works out relentlessly. Her face is definitely aged, but most of the drunks on this site (Which includes me) wouldn't care that much about an aged face on Madonna at this point. She doesn't look like she's 65 or anything. I think most folks just don't like her liberal loudmouth, so they will hate on her. I'm fairly certain that if AROD would sleep with her and parade around with her like he's her BF knowing that he can get all kinds of hot pieces of ass all over the world, that Madonna is still working with a little something there.

I'll give you that. For an older chick, she sure does have some cute little boy-toys. (I know you meant body, though it's far too sinewy for my taste.)

And yeah, she has a new record...and a new movie (directed by her) to promote. So I'm pretty sure that was the main move behind having her perform. But I liked her music up until her "Ray of Light" CD, so I'm cool with it.