PDA

View Full Version : Bill Leavy - Referee

PhilpW
12-04-2011, 01:39 PM
When an incomplete pass can be "recovered", I question officials. Then after a little checking, I discover Bill Leavy is the same incompetent that screwed Seattle in their Super Bowl appearance. Thank you, Bill.

Imatexanfan
12-04-2011, 02:19 PM
I hate that sumbitch with a passion

EllisUnit
12-04-2011, 02:34 PM
what a moron.

BlueSteel
12-04-2011, 02:53 PM
what a moron.

After the challenge when they said, "the call on the field stands.". I was shocked to say the least.

PhilpW
12-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Now the defensive holding call for the automatic first down. Referees must have bet Atlanta.

Big Lou
12-04-2011, 04:15 PM
da da da douche.....

PhilpW
12-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Texans beat Falcons and Zebras today. Awesome win.

phantom17
12-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Crappy Zebra(ass) holes! :wadepalm:

GP
12-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Except for the Yates' non-fumble that was returned for a non-touchdown....

I think they got it right 98% of the time. They missed a flinch on a Falcons' offensive lineman in the 4th quarter, but it was tiny.

IMO, the flinch by Briesel was legitimate, even if it was tiny too.

And we got a defensive holding call on us that extended Falcons' drive. But Dunta got flagged for the same thing afterward and it sustained our drive. All in all, they called it right both ways.

The Antonio Smith was, IMO, a hit to the head even if it was down around Ryan's jaw area. Hit to the head. It is what it is. They saw it and flagged it.

Guys, I watched this same ref crew call a flag on every other play during I think maybe one of the Broncos games a few games ago...they were flag happy that day. I don't think they were flag happy today.

Oz Texan
12-04-2011, 04:39 PM

I think they got it right 98% of the time. They missed a flinch on a Falcons' offensive lineman in the 4th quarter, but it was tiny.

Then you must have missed the 3 not called late hits out of bounds.

Malloy
12-04-2011, 04:41 PM
KJ's 'helmet-to-helmet' with only one helmet involved...

GP
12-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Then you must have missed the 3 not called late hits out of bounds.

Maybe. All I know is that I don't think the refs inserted themselves into the game as badly as I have seen them do in the past, and I'm talking about THIS particular squad of refs.

What I saw was that if a ref made the call on the field, the head ref was going to stick up for the ref who made the initial ruling. I mean, nobody was going to get a call overturned today. They called a pretty good game, I felt.

Corrosion
12-04-2011, 05:39 PM
KJ's 'helmet-to-helmet' with only one helmet involved...

They picked up the flag on that play - No penalty.

The Cush
12-04-2011, 05:43 PM

I was shocked they picked that one up. Refs seem to always flag big hits even if they are legal because the league wants to outlaw those plays

Malloy
12-04-2011, 05:57 PM

I was confused at this point, entirely too many beers being drunk. Thanks for getting me straight :)

steelbtexan
12-04-2011, 06:07 PM
I was shocked they picked that one up. Refs seem to always flag big hits even if they are legal because the league wants to outlaw those plays

Which is ruining the game.

Thanks Goodell,

Hopefully your tenure as commishioner will be ending soon. You've helped ruin the officiating, which was terrible to begin with. You've almost done the impossible in regards to the officiating.

Showtime100
12-04-2011, 06:10 PM

IMO, the flinch by Briesel was legitimate, even if it was tiny too.

And we got a defensive holding call on us that extended Falcons' drive. But Dunta got flagged for the same thing afterward and it sustained our drive. All in all, they called it right both ways.

The Antonio Smith was, IMO, a hit to the head even if it was down around Ryan's jaw area. Hit to the head. It is what it is. They saw it and flagged it.

Guys, I watched this same ref crew call a flag on every other play during I think maybe one of the Broncos games a few games ago...they were flag happy that day. I don't think they were flag happy today.

Only in the NFL, the replay-happy NFL, can you only get it right 98% of the time.