PDA

View Full Version : Sage Rosenfels claimed off waivers by Vikings

michaelm
12-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Per Twitter, numerous sources.

The Dolphins ended up waiving Sage after all.

dream_team
12-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Rotoworld just reported it as well.

Hardcore Texan
12-01-2011, 05:29 PM
"Get to the Choppa!"

signed,
Ahhnnawld

GlassHalfFull
12-01-2011, 05:30 PM
And things start to get interesting.

I wonder if he would clear waivers all the way to us. I would drop one of our other recent signees in favor of him.

BIG TORO
We signed Jake to pretend we didnt want sage and they could release him. It worked so now we can sign him.

Ryan
This could be the end of Clemens here if we decide to do this. Pretty sh*tty the way things turned out for us though.

gary
Then sign him after all.

Rey
12-01-2011, 05:31 PM
I don't think we'd drop a QB this late in the week to pick up Sage. We've already started installing stuff and going through game prep for the dirty birds.

If we make a move I think it will come next week.

But I could be wrong...

Regarding Sage....I'd drop Delhomme for him.

Tonaaayyyy
12-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Why would we want to pick him up? He's a RAT!

Hervoyel
12-01-2011, 05:32 PM
We release Clemens I think if this works out. Delhomme has so much more experience starting than Sage that you keep him around. As far as I can tell Sage brings more ability and a better understanding of our version of the offense than Clemens.

Don't worry about who's #2 or #3 until you need to.

I don't think we'd drop a QB this late in the week to pick up Sage. We've already started installing stuff and going through game prep for the dirty birds.

If we make a move I think it will come next week.

But I could be wrong...

Regarding Sage....I'd drop Delhomme for him.

Sure you would. There's nothing Kellen Clemens can do with the scout team that Sage Rosenfels can't do. Then later Sage becomes much more valuable.

GlassHalfFull
12-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Caution, doesn't he still have to clear waivers????

The Cush
12-01-2011, 05:34 PM
John McClain is wiping the glaze and sugar off his fingers to hit backspace and type in Sage's name into his trademark "the Texans aren't interested" tweet

Rey
12-01-2011, 05:36 PM
We release Clemens I think if this works out. Delhomme has so much more experience starting than Sage that you keep him around. As far as I can tell Sage brings more ability and a better understanding of our version of the offense than Clemens.

Don't worry about who's #2 or #3 until you need to.

Releasing Clemens was my first thought, but then I started thinking about the fact that they brought Clemens in before Delhomme...

In my mind that means they felt like clemens was the better player or else why not call Delhomme first?

Maybe they did and it didn't work out....I dunno....

But really :headhurts:.....

It gives me a headache thinking about the 5th and 6th QB options for us....

TexansFanatic
12-01-2011, 05:37 PM
"Get to the Choppa!"

lmao!!!

Excellent.

gary
12-01-2011, 05:38 PM
I would release Clemens too.

Ole Miss Texan
12-01-2011, 05:38 PM
If he clears and he's healthy enough I'd love to pick him up. Like a previous poster said, worry about who's #2 and 3 later... or #1 for that matter. LOL

I keep TJ (obviously) and Delhomme and release Clemens. Unless they really like Clemens for some reason. Delhomme is a "pro", a guy that's been around to help TJ in the film room. Rosenfels knows Kubiak's offense better than Clemens does. Hell Delhomme could be a good scout QB to mimic other offenses.

#1 TJ Yates
#2 Sage Rosenfels
#3 Jake Delhomme

That's how it will be through the playoffs. Can't wait to play the Packers! see what I did there? :thisbig:

srrono
12-01-2011, 05:40 PM
texans have to claim him

what is his salary?

Rey
12-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Sure you would. There's nothing Kellen Clemens can do with the scout team that Sage Rosenfels can't do. Then later Sage becomes much more valuable.

I get that part, but if you've already started going over specific ways that you want to attack a team it may not be wise to release certain players as they can put a wrench in your plans...

Especially when we are talking about QB's....They tend to know more about the gameplan than anyone else outside of the coaching staff....

I'm not saying that they won't do it...I'm just saying I don't think we would but I've been wrong before...

Thorn
12-01-2011, 05:42 PM
If he clears all the other teams before it's our turn, that would be interesting to see if the Texans pick him up.

DocBar
12-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Caution, doesn't he still have to clear waivers????And there's about a half dozen teams that would claim him to keep us from getting him. I hope we do get him, though. He's headand shoulders above the QB's on the team, as far as knowing the scheme.

srrono
12-01-2011, 05:47 PM
MikeSilver Michael Silver
More likely Rosenfels goes unclaimed (it's late in the week) and has a chance to choose his own team on Monday

Who might claim Rosenfels: Vikings (history there), Cowboys (Kitna hurt), Titans (to keep Texans from getting him), Bears...

Rey
12-01-2011, 05:49 PM
More likely Rosenfels goes unclaimed (it's late in the week) and has a chance to choose his own team on Monday

That's what I was thinking...

He wouldn't get here til Friday or Saturday if we claimed him...

Right now you are focusing on the guys you have...Would be a pretty tight fit...

srrono
12-01-2011, 05:56 PM
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Dolphins released QB Sage Rosenfels off NFI. He's healthy -- had mono -- and ready to go.

Naiirb
12-01-2011, 05:58 PM
Man why couldn't this happen before we signed Delhomme? Sage is infamous or his Rosencopter event but he was solid in filling in for Schaub when he was hurt.

srrono
12-01-2011, 06:00 PM
awexler Adam Wexler
Interesting that @RickSmith1956 is agent for both @Sage2Rosenfels & Jake Delhomme.

Double Barrel
12-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Man, y'all are going to feel all foolish when TJ takes us to the promise land and conversations about backup QBs were proven pointless.

:koolaid:

GlassHalfFull
12-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Man, y'all are going to feel all foolish when TJ takes us to the promise land and conversations about backup QBs were proven pointless.

:koolaid:

As Leinart proved, we need a backup to the backup of the starter.

Hervoyel
12-01-2011, 06:03 PM
I get that part, but if you've already started going over specific ways that you want to attack a team it may not be wise to release certain players as they can put a wrench in your plans...

Especially when we are talking about QB's....They tend to know more about the gameplan than anyone else outside of the coaching staff....

I'm not saying that they won't do it...I'm just saying I don't think we would but I've been wrong before...

Clemens wasn't going to contribute anyway. He's #3 on the depth chart so his contribution will be pretending to run plays in practice and being called "Matty-Ice" by the other third string and practice squad guys.

Clemens was brought in first because the team needed a #3 at that time and you don't pay for a better QB when all you need is a practice arm. Then Leinart went down, Yates moved to #1 from the #2 spot and Kubiak decided that he wasn't comfortable with Clemens as the backup. Solution is to go get a better class of unemployed QB. Clemens stayed at the #3 spot the entire time.

If they bring in Sage (if they get the chance to bring in Sage) they might just keep Clemens but I doubt it. Yates is most familiar with what we're doing right now. Delhomme brings the most experience starting, and Sage has the most time playing on this team in this system of any of them. Clemens just knows some of the offense from his time in Washington.

GP
12-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Wow. Their GM was adamant that he wasn't going to do any favors for anybody. Now he drops Sage. WTH?

And I doubt he makes it to us, unless McNair has somehow contacted every NFL team ahead of us on the waiver order and somehow got them to all back off of claiming Sage Rosenfels.

Vikings might want him back. Titans will CERTAINLY snap him up off waivers just to stick it to us. if they do, they do. Their 3 reasons for doing so:

1. Bud hates us, so it's a no-brainer to mess with us like that. It's in his DNA.

2. They might think they can use Sage to help them prepare for our next game vs. Titans. It helped the Giants a lot, and the Titans think they still have a shot at winning the division.

3. It keeps one of our former QBs off our roster and unable to help us out.

So folks, there's three obvious reasons why he won't drop to us. I bet there's more that I can't think of off the to of my head right now.

Still, I'll keep the Rosencopter sig image until he signs with some team or we don't end up signing him ourselves. I miss the Copter.

silentassassin
12-01-2011, 06:07 PM
John McClain is wiping the glaze and sugar off his fingers to hit backspace and type in Sage's name into his trademark "the Texans aren't interested" tweet

I lost it after I read this. :laughjump:

GP
12-01-2011, 06:08 PM
awexler Adam Wexler
Interesting that @RickSmith1956 is agent for both @Sage2Rosenfels & Jake Delhomme.

Hell, it's awkward that his agent's name is RICK SMITH.

That's messed up like a soup sandwich.

Stemp
12-01-2011, 06:09 PM
You won't hear anything from the Texans front office about Sage. They have to act completely uninterested until he clears waivers. And I still think that the Tacks will claim him simply to make sure he doesn't come here.
They need us to complete collapse to make the playoffs and Bud will do anything in his power to help that happen.

Thorn
12-01-2011, 06:11 PM
I don't think Sage ends up back with the Texans, but if he does, so what? He's probably better for us than Clemmons. At this point though, I'm drinking the Yates kool aid until it sours.

TexansFanatic
12-01-2011, 06:13 PM
How long does it take for a player to clear waivers?

I also wonder how long each successive team on the waiver priority list has to decide whether they want to claim him....

GP
12-01-2011, 06:13 PM
I lost it after I read this. :laughjump:

Hey now! Don't put John McClain in a box like that.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_QYd_pItgxVM/S213yNyUywI/AAAAAAAAIHE/KMxaWRq9RNQ/s400/The+Craziest+Fat+People+Surprising+Pic+18.jpg

Thorn
12-01-2011, 06:15 PM
If I didn't like GP so much, I'd neg rep him for posting that damn pic.

GP
12-01-2011, 06:16 PM
If I didn't like GP so much, I'd neg rep him for posting that damn pic.

I got the pic from you. It's your screensaver, that's what you told me in the PM you sent me.

Thorn
12-01-2011, 06:17 PM
That's it, I'm returning my Rosencopter. And I want a full refund.

FirstTexansFan
12-01-2011, 06:17 PM
I got the pic from you. It's your screensaver, that's what you told me in the PM you sent me.

Now ya went and did it... anyone ever told ya... "Don't Poke the Bear!" LOL

False Start
12-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Kind of a hater ass move by the Dolphins. :bat:

Hell, at this point it would not make any sense to not sign him.

GP
12-01-2011, 06:20 PM
That's it, I'm returning my Rosencopter. And I want a full refund.

You have to send the little football back with it, though.

It's bouncing around the house somewhere. Just use your Colts player figurine to scoop it up and make sure you tape it to Rosencopter's right skid.

GP
12-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Now ya went and did it... anyone ever told ya... "Don't Poke the Bear!" LOL

Poking is my best talent, FirstTexansFan.

Thorn
12-01-2011, 06:22 PM
You have to send the little football back with it, though.

It's bouncing around the house somewhere. Just use your Colts player figurine to scoop it up and make sure you tape it to Rosencopter's right skid.

:lol:

Cjeremy635
12-01-2011, 06:23 PM
I would love to have Sage back. I think he's a really good #2 QB. He'll never be a #1, doesn't have the qualities, but I would like him backing up TJ.

Also, I hope all of you guys are right about Yates. I honestly have no idea what to expect, and that makes me nervous. I don't follow college ball, so I haven't seen him play for an extended period of time. All I know is what I read about him and atleast that's promising.

CloakNNNdagger
12-01-2011, 06:24 PM
If we consider picking him up, we better be sure his immune system is truly intact and healthy. If it was mono as reported, it evidently relapsed, even after initial lengthy hospital treatment. The Dolphins picked up Rosenfels in October, but a blood infection that caused the Giants to release him resurfaced after three weeks. Mono is a funny animal, especially if it has already relapsed once before.

Some patients suffer from recurring mono. Their primary symptom is usually fatigue and they end up being diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. It is often in times of stress when a glandular fever relapse occurs.

The bottom line is how healthy your immune system is. If you still get recurring mono with sore throats, swollen glands or fatigue, it is nature's way of telling you that something is wrong with your immune system.

It may be suppressed from poor eating habits, nutritional imbalances, stress, smoking or a chronic underlying disease. Your genes can also make you more susceptible to disease. Fortunately, unless there is a serious underlying immune/chronic disease problem in the body, through general lifestyle practices like a healthy diet, stress reduction, regular exercise and taking some immune boosting supplements, you can strengthen your immunity and make a full recovery.

Rey
12-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Clemens was brought in first because the team needed a #3 at that time and you don't pay for a better QB when all you need is a practice arm. Then Leinart went down, Yates moved to #1 from the #2 spot and Kubiak decided that he wasn't comfortable with Clemens as the backup. Solution is to go get a better class of unemployed QB. Clemens stayed at the #3 spot the entire time.

I dunno about that Herv...

I think they got Clemens because they felt like he was the best option...

Heck, they had discussed Favre on the plane ride home. They brought Garcia in for two work-outs...

They brought Delhomme and Garcia in together and they decided to go with Delhomme...

I just can't see them taking Clemens because he was worse than Delhomme or others and they wanted guy who wasn't as good to be the third guy...

It's not like any of them were going to break the bank...

srrono
12-01-2011, 06:31 PM
LanceZierlein Lance Zierlein
I'm sure Delhomme signed w/ intention of being backup, not 3rd. Sage won't want to be 3rd either. Delhomme would need to be cut to add Sage

TexansFanatic
12-01-2011, 06:37 PM
I'm sure Delhomme signed w/ intention of being backup, not 3rd. Sage won't want to be 3rd either. Delhomme would need to be cut to add Sage

Fine. Cut Delhomme. Please!

GP
12-01-2011, 06:40 PM

Not a problem here on my end. You guys good with that? *everyone nods* It's unanimous. Pack your shit, Delhomme, and go brush some horses.

Cjeremy635

Then cut him. I won't lose any sleep over that move. I think Sage is much more valuable at this stage than Jake, JMHO.

SAMURAITEXAN
If we consider picking him up, we better be sure his immune system is truly intact and healthy. If it was mono as reported, it evidently relapsed, even after initial lengthy hospital treatment. The Dolphins picked up Rosenfels in October, but a blood infection that caused the Giants to release him resurfaced after three weeks. Mono is a funny animal, especially if it has already relapsed once before.

Some patients suffer from recurring mono. Their primary symptom is usually fatigue and they end up being diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. It is often in times of stress when a glandular fever relapse occurs.

The bottom line is how healthy your immune system is. If you still get recurring mono with sore throats, swollen glands or fatigue, it is nature's way of telling you that something is wrong with your immune system.

It may be suppressed from poor eating habits, nutritional imbalances, stress, smoking or a chronic underlying disease. Your genes can also make you more susceptible to disease. Fortunately, unless there is a serious underlying immune/chronic disease problem in the body, through general lifestyle practices like a healthy diet, stress reduction, regular exercise and taking some immune boosting supplements, you can strengthen your immunity and make a full recovery.
So you are saying it is likely to be cured if you take care of yourself better. However, one thing I am concern is stress like you pointed out. Playing professional QB may be very stressful occupation for some. Sage may over come Mono thing after he retires.

drs23
12-01-2011, 06:43 PM
texans have to claim him

what is his salary?

This is all I found (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/sage-rosenfels/).

There was another thread discussing him being on Non Football related IR. Zero salarly but the Fins keep the rights to him. Sounds like he'll be able to negotiate outright but I don't know that to be fact.

GP
12-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Then cut him. I won't lose any sleep over that move. I think Sage is much more valuable at this stage than Jake, JMHO.

Yep. I mean, we wouldn't want to let Jake Delhomme be robbed of all the other NFL teams that wanted him this year.

Back on topic, though: For me, this seems more like a move made because the agent senses it's time for Sage to be released and allowed to move on. This recent string of QB releases, IMO, has prompted Sage's agent to take advantage of the climate and tell the Dolphins "Either you're going to pay him or you're going to move on so Sage can move on, too."

Orton. McNabb. Sage. Sure seems like they pounced on the chance to catch a ride on the wave of QB releases. Pretty smart, if so. Now he gets to try and land somewhere and get paid.

Cjeremy635
12-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Yep. I mean, we wouldn't want to let Jake Delhomme be robbed of all the other NFL teams that wanted him this year.

Back on topic, though: For me, this seems more like a move made because the agent senses it's time for Sage to be released and allowed to move on. This recent string of QB releases, IMO, has prompted Sage's agent to take advantage of the climate and tell the Dolphins "Either you're going to pay him or you're going to move on so Sage can move on, too."

Orton. McNabb. Sage. Sure seems like they pounced on the chance to catch a ride on the wave of QB releases. Pretty smart, if so. Now he gets to try and land somewhere and get paid.

I just have that feeling like we're gonna get "****-blocked" as a team and someone else is gonna claim him just to **** with us.

False Start
12-01-2011, 06:55 PM
I just have that feeling like we're gonna get "**** blocked" as a team and someone else is gonna claim him just to **** with us.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/ts-sm.gif

TexansFanatic
12-01-2011, 06:59 PM
I just have that feeling like we're gonna get "****-blocked" as a team and someone else is gonna claim him just to **** with us.

I'm pretty much counting on it.

redwhiteANDblue
12-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Wow how come we keep getting the bad luck? Right after we sign Delhomme, Mcnabb and rosenfels get released! Same thing happened with the Derrick Mason and Brandon Loyd deal. Right when we trade for Mason we find out Loyd was available for 5th. I'd give up a 5th for a servicable 2nd wr. I mean what did we get from our 5th anyways? Keo?

GP
12-01-2011, 07:14 PM

100%

This is just fun, right now, because there is at least an 0.0001% chance that it works out the way it was intended to work out.

The smart money is on the Titans letting everyone know that they won't let the Texans get what they want. It'll be like a pitcher throwing some high-inside heat and sort of winking at the batter a little bit afterwards.

We're all just sitting around waiting for it to actually happen. And I bet all of the sports media are, as well. You know full well that all eyes are upon whether the Titans let him slide or they do the ****-block like you're saying.

With Bud Adams still alive, I bet they do.

DocBar
12-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Poking is my best talent, FirstTexansFan.That's not what she said....:kitten:

DocBar
12-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Every team within sniffing distance of the playoffs, except maybe the Raiders, would snag Sage to keep us from getting him. Sage has eefectively ran our offense at a high level, and that has to scare the crap out of teams. The Texans are the AFC team no one will want to face in the postseason. If the Texans can get him, Sage will be the starter in no less than 2 weeks, barring a stellar performance from Yates. Regardless, I'd feel much, much better with Sage backing up Yates than either guy on the roster right now.

ChampionTexan
12-01-2011, 07:26 PM
It will be interesting to see what happens. I don't have much problem with bringing Sage in - I'd probably rather have him than McNabb or Delhomme if one of them actually had to take over in a game - or start. I've said before, I don't really think Sage being here or not will be what the Texans fate hinges on the remainder of the year - that really hasn't changed much.

One thing in regard to this that I am curious about. I'd heard some comments that one of the things the Texans liked better about Delhomme than Garcia was they felt like he'd be better in the locker room, and better (more supportive) in working with T.J. I know the situation (the Texans and his) would be different for Sage than it was before, but he just doesn't strike me as the selfless big brother type - willing to do whatever he needs for the greater good, even if it is to some extent at his personal expense.

CloakNNNdagger
12-01-2011, 07:29 PM
So you are saying it is likely to be cured if you take care of yourself better. However, one thing I am concern is stress like you pointed out. Playing professional QB may be very stressful occupation for some. Sage may over come Mono thing after he retires.

IF it's mono, mono is caused by the EBvirus which is ALWAYS in the body once infection occurs. Much like the Herpes virus is always there after the initial exposure and can "flare" any time (like oral, genital or zoster). Mono relapse can happen within a month of previous "flare" or years later.

Sage may have passed his physical. But this does not mean that he will not experience prolonged fatigue. I'd like to see Sage here again, but the medical staff needs to do an in depth check of his immune system........and make sure that his endurance has returned.

DocBar
It will be interesting to see what happens. I don't have much problem with bringing Sage in - I'd probably rather have him than McNabb or Delhomme if one of them actually had to take over in a game - or start. I've said before, I don't really think Sage being here or not will be what the Texans fate hinges on the remainder of the year - that really hasn't changed much.

One thing in regard to this that I am curious about. I'd heard some comments that one of the things the Texans liked better about Delhomme than Garcia was they felt like he'd be better in the locker room, and better (more supportive) in working with T.J. I know the situation (the Texans and his) would be different for Sage than it was before, but he just doesn't strike me as the selfless big brother type - willing to do whatever he needs for the greater good, even if it is to some extent at his personal expense.

Sage working with this defense is night and day from Sage working with the defense we had a few years ago. Sage can run this offense on all cylinders. We have no idea what Yates can do and the other two guys are even more of a mystery. I'd put my money on Sage. The pieces around him are so much better than they were before.

kingh99
Why would we want to pick him up? He's a RAT!

Like he owes squat to a team that let him go. I'll say this, dude throws downfield. Check down football is unwatchable. I'd rather lose. Having said this, Yates should start. Watching the unknown unfold > avoiding the check down noid.

ChampionTexan
12-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Sage working with this defense is night and day from Sage working with the defense we had a few years ago. Sage can run this offense on all cylinders. We have no idea what Yates can do and the other two guys are even more of a mystery. I'd put my money on Sage. The pieces around him are so much better than they were before.

Why did you quote me? This comment doesn't relate at all to what I said.

Double Barrel
12-01-2011, 07:55 PM

How do you know this about Sage? Dude would be a starting QB in this league by now if he could just step in and "run this offense on all cylinders".

I know you dislike TJ Yates, but the assumptions about Sage's current abilities seem a bit overstated at this point.

Norg
12-01-2011, 07:58 PM
We got like 20 teams ahead of us tho u think anyone will pick him up ????

Playoffs
12-01-2011, 08:02 PM
We need a quarterback with herpes. :fingergun:

ObsiWan
12-01-2011, 08:03 PM
IF it's mono, mono is caused by the EBvirus which is ALWAYS in the body once infection occurs. Much like the Herpes virus is always there after the initial exposure and can "flare" any time (like oral, genital or zoster). Mono relapse can happen within a month of previous "flare" or years later.

Sage may have passed his physical. But this does not mean that he will not experience prolonged fatigue. I'd like to see Sage here again, but the medical staff needs to do an in depth check of his immune system........and make sure that his endurance has returned.

If Sage is still a "carrier", how likely is it for him to infect one or more of our other guys?

burro
12-01-2011, 08:09 PM
As much sense as it makes on the surface, I don't know what the point would be. Schaub's injury shouldn't prevent him from coaching Yates in the film room, giving advice on the sidelines, etc. Therefore, Sage's experience in the system is kind of moot. So then, signing Sage would imply that we are looking at him to step into the starting role which would send a crappy message to Yates and the rest of the team who are coalescing around him. For better or worse, Yates is our starter and I don't see any benefit in bringing back Rosenfels. The Delhomme signing actually makes more sense so long as he doesn't have to play, he brings SB experience to the locker room at least.

CloakNNNdagger
12-01-2011, 08:20 PM
If Sage is still a "carrier", how likely is it for him to infect one or more of our other guys?

Answering the big question about how long you are contagious is tricky because doctors and researchers aren't exactly sure. You can spread the infection for the entire time you have symptoms and probably for a few months after your symptoms are completely gone.

But is basically not that easy to spread mono. It is spread through the transfer of saliva. It's called the "kissing disease" because you can catch it from the saliva of someone who has the virus. It can also be contracted by sharing a toothbrush, drinking straw, or eating utensil with someone who has the virus.......and theoretically in more uncommon origin by coughing. Bottom line is not anywhere as easy to catch as a common cold virus.

Even though the EBvirus will be carried by the infected person forever, it will not be contagious without a repeated bout (a relapse, which is still the exception rather than the rule).

It's interesting that with mono, it may take anywhere from 4 to 7 weeks to become symptomatic after exposure.........during which time you will be entirely asymptomatic and unaware of what's in store......... and, fortunately, non contagious.

As far as Sage, you probably wouldn't want to kiss him if he comes here........and you may want to avoid pissing him off enough that he spits on you.............You hear that, McClain?

Playoffs
12-01-2011, 08:34 PM
As far as Sage, you probably wouldn't want to kiss him if he comes here........and you may want to avoid pissing him off enough that he spits on you.............You hear that, McClain?Would spinning Sage in a helicopter motion on the visitor's sideline, slinging bodily fluids onto the opposing team's players be likely to infect a goodly portion of their team ..... by, say, halftime???

CloakNNNdagger
12-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Would spinning Sage in a helicopter motion on the visitor's sideline, slinging bodily fluids onto the opposing team's players be likely to infect a goodly portion of their team ..... by, say, halftime???

Only if he could manage to save up a good bit of his spit and propel it through their masks onto their wide open mouths. :kitten:

DocBar
12-01-2011, 08:44 PM
How do you know this about Sage? Dude would be a starting QB in this league by now if he could just step in and "run this offense on all cylinders".

I know you dislike TJ Yates, but the assumptions about Sage's current abilities seem a bit overstated at this point.You don't know shiite about my thoughts on Yates. My post was based on what Sage has shown in this offense. He knows it and has ran it effectively. Subtract an ill advised Rosencopter, and we had a legitimate QB controversy in Houston a few years ago.
IMHO, Yates starts this week regardless of waiver wires. Yates might very well light it up and prove that he's the man. If he does, do you feel better with the current back up QB's, or would you rather have Sage? I'd rather have Sage.

Looking at things realistically, Yates is gonna struggle against two top NFL defenses. Who knows what he'll do the rest of the way. Sage has a proven record in this particular offense, with this particular team. He mostly performed well. How does Sage NOT have the head start in this situation?

ObsiWan
12-01-2011, 08:45 PM
It's interesting that with mono, it may take anywhere from 4 to 7 weeks to become symptomatic after exposure.........during which time you will be entirely asymptomatic and unaware of what's in store......... and, fortunately, non contagious.

As far as Sage, you probably wouldn't want to kiss him if he comes here........and you may want to avoid pissing him off enough that he spits on you.............You hear that, McClain?

...or finishing off one of Sage's half-eaten donuts....
:D

ubecool454
12-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Per Twitter, numerous sources.

The Dolphins ended up waiving Sage after all.

I sure wish we could have waited but we couldn't. I would just tell Joke Delhomme to go back to race his horses.

False Start
12-01-2011, 08:50 PM
In no way do I think Sage is the savior, but I would much rather have him than Clemens.

TexansFanatic
12-01-2011, 08:58 PM
In no way do I think Sage is the savior, but I would much rather have him than Clemens.

He would replace Delhomme.

False Start
12-01-2011, 08:59 PM
He would replace Delhomme.

Yeah he probably would. Just get it done somehow Texans!

TexansFanatic
12-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Just get it done somehow Texans!

That's the way I feel about it.

Lance Zierlein is saying the Texans probably won't claim him.

DocBar
12-01-2011, 09:26 PM
That's the way I feel about it.

Lance Zierlein is saying the Texans probably won't claim him.If the Texans don;t claim Sage, it's purely money driven. We're very close to maxxing out the cap right now.

Texan_Bill
12-01-2011, 09:30 PM
THIS ENTIRE THREAD SHOULD BE MERGED WITH "Stay classy, Jeff (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87395)

because a) He's not a Texan yet and b) there was an entire thread dedicated to Rosencopters plight..

I guess that the newer members don't know how to start a thread without researching other threads......

Nevermind, Michaelm is a cool cat.

*edited for being a dumbass*

jtexas
12-01-2011, 09:43 PM
If we pass on Sage during waivers because we don't want to hurt one of the losers we just picked up feelings, and then team struggles the rest of the way, Kubiak should go stand in front of the metrorail. No fan or member of the media will ever forgive that kind of stupidity.

Is there a rule against having 4 QBs on a roster? Clemens may be horrible, but at least he will have memorized the playbook.

Allstar
12-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Don't really see why anyone would put a claim in for him. It's Sage Rosenfels, not exactly a household name. Minnesota didn't want him, New York didn't want him, and Miami didn't want him. You really think anyone is gonna put a claim in for Rosenfels over McNabb?

TexansFanatic
12-01-2011, 09:46 PM
If the Texans don;t claim Sage, it's purely money driven. We're very close to maxxing out the cap right now.

Do we know what his contract looks like? How much he's making?

Sage hasn't seen any activity for almost three full years.

Without first working him out, there's no way of knowing if he's any better than Delhomme.

And if Delhomme is a known quantity at half the price of Sage's current contract (purely speculative), I really couldn't and wouldn't blame the Texans if they just let Sage clear waivers and give him a tryout before paying him a dime.

SAMURAITEXAN
12-01-2011, 09:46 PM

Thanks as always for insight Doc. I had problem similar to Sage. I had very stressful job that made my body rush all over the place. At first, started around my stomach and when it healed, a few weeks later started on my thighs and healed, again to chest and healed, to my lower legs and healed, to my arms and healed, finally to my face and healed. So rush went all over my body than decided to quit my job and started my own. Now, no rush and very healthy. So I think, this virus thing most likely related to stress.

TexCanada
12-01-2011, 09:50 PM
I really couldn't blame the Texans for if they just let Sage clear waivers and give him a tryout before paying him a dime.

This is a good point. No teams after us in the waiver wire order will be putting in a claim for him. So if he makes it to us he will make it through everybody and we could just sign him as a FA if we chose to do so.

CloakNNNdagger
12-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Thanks as always for insight Doc. I had problem similar to Sage. I had very stressful job that made my body rush all over the place. At first, started around my stomach and when it healed, a few weeks later started on my thighs and healed, again to chest and healed, to my lower legs and healed, to my arms and healed, finally to my face and healed. So rush went all over my body than decided to quit my job and started my own. Now, no rush and very healthy. So I think, this virus thing most likely related to stress.

Stress can initiate or worsen virtually any medical problem.

redwhiteANDblue
12-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Anyone know how long this waiver process takes? Sort of hoping he falls to us and we take him

michaelm
12-01-2011, 11:05 PM
THIS ENTIRE THREAD SHOULD BE MERGED WITH "Stay classy, Jeff (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87395)

because a) He's not a Texan yet and b) there was an entire thread dedicated to Rosencopters plight..

I guess that the newer members don't know how to start a thread without researching other threads......

Nevermind, Michaelm is a cool cat.

*edited for being a dumbass*

For the bolded, thankyouverymuch.

For the rest, Stay Classy, Jeff is kind of an ambiguos thread title. I didn't realize it was about Sage.
Plus, I'm lazy as F, and that tends to limit my thread research. :)

Oh, yeah, did I mention being hung over all day as well??? LOL Damn Christmas parties started early this year. (You PC people heard right, I called them CHRISTMAS parties).

Well, that was pretty convoluted response, eh?

jtexas
12-01-2011, 11:33 PM

For the rest, Stay Classy, Jeff is kind of an ambiguos thread title. I didn't realize it was about Sage.

:lol: I'm pretty sure even if i posted in the Stay Classy, Jeff thread i would immediately forget that the thread topic is about Sage. Reminds me of some peoples windows folders at work.... how did could you not find the file, its obviously under Z: Drive / Draft2029392 / Test829 / Sample298.xls

PHAROAH
12-02-2011, 10:03 AM
I would go after mcnabb before sage at least he has won in the playoffs sage is not that great thats why we cut him loose.

HOU-TEX
12-02-2011, 10:14 AM

Plus, I'm lazy as F, and that tends to limit my thread research. :)

Oh, yeah, did I mention being hung over all day as well??? LOL Damn Christmas parties started early this year. (You PC people heard right, I called them CHRISTMAS parties).

Well, that was pretty convoluted response, eh?

:thinking: What else would they be called? Another one flying over HOU-TEX's head?

Vinnie
12-02-2011, 10:39 AM
:thinking: What else would they be called? Another one flying over HOU-TEX's head?

Holiday parties.

srrono
12-02-2011, 04:13 PM
TheRedzoneorg The Redzone
Report: Sage Rosenfels claimed off waivers by Vikings bit.ly/uL84Gd #NFL #Vikings

srrono
12-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Sage Rosenfels claimed off waivers by Vikings bit.ly/uL84Gd #NFL #Vikings

b0ng
12-02-2011, 04:15 PM
TheRedzoneorg The Redzone
Report: Sage Rosenfels claimed off waivers by Vikings bit.ly/uL84Gd #NFL #Vikings

Hilarious irony.

TexansFanatic
12-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Man, Sage has been around. I forgot the Vikings were the team Houston traded him to.

Double Barrel
12-02-2011, 04:41 PM
You don't know shiite about my thoughts on Yates. My post was based on what Sage has shown in this offense. He knows it and has ran it effectively. Subtract an ill advised Rosencopter, and we had a legitimate QB controversy in Houston a few years ago.
IMHO, Yates starts this week regardless of waiver wires. Yates might very well light it up and prove that he's the man. If he does, do you feel better with the current back up QB's, or would you rather have Sage? I'd rather have Sage.

Looking at things realistically, Yates is gonna struggle against two top NFL defenses. Who knows what he'll do the rest of the way. Sage has a proven record in this particular offense, with this particular team. He mostly performed well. How does Sage NOT have the head start in this situation?

Damn, dude, no need to get all defensive about it. I just perceived a bit of anxiety in your posts about TJ Yates, so it was not meant to push any buttons in you. I'm not going to deep research anything, so apologies if my vibe from you has been incorrect. It was not meant to be derogatory.

Your perspective on Sage, while irrelevant at this point in light of developments, is based on what he did in this offense years ago. Since then he's been unable to secure the starting position for any team. I was just curious about your confidence in him. My questions were born out of respect for your opinion. Please excuse me if I avoid making that particular mistake again.

infantrycak
12-02-2011, 04:42 PM
We don't need a new thread for every little event. Just put stuff like this in an existing Sage thread please.

Sage Rosenfels claimed off waivers by Vikings bit.ly/uL84Gd #NFL #Vikings

BullNation4Life
12-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Damn, dude, no need to get all defensive about it. I just perceived a bit of anxiety in your posts about TJ Yates, so it was not meant to push any buttons in you. I'm not going to deep research anything, so apologies if my vibe from you has been incorrect. It was not meant to be derogatory.

Your perspective on Sage, while irrelevant at this point in light of developments, is based on what he did in this offense years ago. Since then he's been unable to secure the starting position for any team. I was just curious about your confidence in him. My questions were born out of respect for your opinion. Please excuse me if I avoid making that particular mistake again.

Must have been one of those "start Sage, not Schaub" loyalist back in the day... Sheeesh...

Playoffs
12-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Sage Rosenfels claimed off waivers by Vikings bit.ly/uL84Gd #NFL #VikingsDude cannot make his way into a winning situation to save his life. :ahhaha:

GP
12-03-2011, 12:50 AM
FootballNewz.com
#Sage_Rosenfels, who was just acquired off the waiver wire by the #Vikings, has been traded from #Vikings to #Dolphins

Wouldn't that be hilarious? LMAO.