PDA

View Full Version : Andre Johnson vs. Calvin Johnson?

texanway
12-02-2011, 10:23 AM
If both are 100% healthy, who is the better Johnson?

Andre consistently has more yards but Calvin has more TDs per season on average. Not to mention, Megatron might end up with 16-17 TD catches this year, which will almost double Andre Johnson's best years.

Megatron also had Shaun Hill and Drew Stanton throwing him the ball most of the years since Stafford couldn't stay healthy. Andre Johnson had Schaub, one of the better QBs in the league.

I love Andre Johnson but I think Calvin Johnson might have surpassed him as the best in the league. What do you guys think? I'm trying not to be biased...

Vinny
12-02-2011, 10:26 AM
Calvin is the best WR in football...but Andre is a HOF'er so its really quibbling at this level.

HOU-TEX
12-02-2011, 10:27 AM
Calvin is the best WR in football...but Andre is a HOF'er so its really quibbling at this level.

^^^This

Texan_Bill
12-02-2011, 10:27 AM
http://www.navlog.org/aw_jeez.jpg

beerlover
12-02-2011, 10:29 AM
It's too bad Andre has missed so many games because of injury's. Calvin has had his share too. Big targets give & take a lot of abuse. Andre Johnson fans probably wouldn't trade him for Calvin & likewise Calvin fans wouldn't trade for Andre. Would rate this one a push. :specnatz:

Rey
12-02-2011, 10:29 AM

And they lived hapily ever after.

The end.

texanway
12-02-2011, 10:30 AM
I mean we need to remember the question is if BOTH are 100% healthy. We haven't really seen Andre at 100% in quite some time so you can't just go by what you see now.

Texcore
12-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Man, I love Andre. My favorite Texan of all time. But if given a choice of which WR to have on this team, I have to go with sense rather than heart. I'd rather have Calvin. Right now Calvin just has more ability AND youth going for him.

That is not to say Andre is not important cog to our offense.

EllisUnit
12-02-2011, 10:35 AM
This is only the 100th time we've had this debate. I take A.J cause of his work ethic and attitude and don't forget he had david carr throwing to him for his first 3 seasons

Texecutioner
12-02-2011, 10:36 AM
I always knew that Calvin would probably overtake Andre at some point, because he slightly had a little bit more size and insane talent, but right now I still think that AJ is slightly the better WR. It's such a close argument though, and I could change that thought in two weeks for all I know, but both guys are such physical specimens with so much athleticism. If it's a very close game in the 4th quarter though and I have to pick one guy, I'm taking AJ all day because AJ goes into a "beast mode" where it is incredibly difficult to stop him.

dream_team
12-02-2011, 10:49 AM
You should remove age from the question as well, as alot of people will take Calvin because he has more years ahead of him.

For our offense, I'd go with AJ. Precise route running is very important in this offense, and he does that better than CJ.

mussop
12-02-2011, 10:53 AM
They are my two of my favorite players. You ant go wrong with either one. If I had no choice and was forced to choose I would pick Johnson. :p

No really I would go Calvin. During his draft I said he was the most complete prospect I had ever seen. I would of ( and I said this at the time) traded Andre for th right to graft him. Everything that was said about Reggie Bush should of been said about about Calvin when he was coming out.

Before it is all said and done Calvin will be considered one of the best wr's of all time. Of course so will Andre but I believe Calvin will be rated higher of the two. That's not saying anything negative about Andre. That's just how much I think of Calvin and have since his last hear in college.

Texecutioner
12-02-2011, 11:30 AM
For the record a lot of people are forgetting about Larry Fitzgerald. He is still right there with both guys as well. He hasn't had a good QB since Warner left though.

dream_team
12-02-2011, 12:21 PM
For the record a lot of people are forgetting about Larry Fitzgerald. He is still right there with both guys as well. He hasn't had a good QB since Warner left though.

I haven't forgotten him. He's good, but I think he's the clear #3 of this group. He doesn't have the speed to create alot of separation IMO.

gary
12-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Steve Smith. LOL.

BIG TORO
12-02-2011, 01:07 PM
I'll take Calvin because Andre does'nt tip!
:jk:

Andre allday! Work ethic, attitude. Plus he beats down fake Irishmen.

Texecutioner
12-02-2011, 01:12 PM
I haven't forgotten him. He's good, but I think he's the clear #3 of this group. He doesn't have the speed to create alot of separation IMO.

He's the best route runner out of the three and has the best hands out of them.

ziggy29
12-02-2011, 01:17 PM
This is like asking which supermodel you'd kick out of bed.