PDA

View Full Version : Name Our Defense

Pages : 1 [2]

hookinreds
12-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Could it be anymore less aggressive or intimidating? I mean why not just say we are kittens playing with a yarn ball? :kitten:

thunderkyss
12-12-2011, 11:45 AM
I celebrated this historic occasion with the Blue Crew and in the midst of the celebration all I could think was "Where the hell is Bill?"

That's it..... That's the freaking nick name for this defense.

The Blue Crew.

thunderkyss
12-12-2011, 11:57 AM
The Blue Crew.

Weez32
12-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Just call em "The Stampede"

they could even have their own theme song, Chevelle-Hats off to the Bull

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMfIZ4ArK_I

DocBar
12-15-2011, 07:20 PM
Try this video (http://nationmgt.com/damage_inc.wmv) out. It might buffer a couple of times.

Texan_Bill
12-15-2011, 07:39 PM
Try this video (http://nationmgt.com/damage_inc.wmv) out. It might buffer a couple of times.

While you make chicken shit "Neg. Reps." this was awesome!!!

Repped... On the positive tip!

DocBar
12-15-2011, 07:56 PM
While you make chicken shit "Neg. Reps." this was awesome!!!

Repped... On the positive tip!

When did I neg rep you?

Texan_Bill
12-15-2011, 08:05 PM
When did I neg rep you?

See my sig.... After a joke about HWSNBN!!

{Thread}Do you honestly believe...

12-12-2011 08:16 PM DocBar Neg rep me back if you can stomach it. That was just a mean post.

aussie_texan
12-15-2011, 08:14 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-texans/09000d5d8251402c/Week-15-Panthers-vs-Texans-Preview

NFL films used bulls on parade in this preview of this weeks game.
i think its a official now

GP
12-15-2011, 08:23 PM
"We regulate any stealin' of his property...and we're damn good at it, but you can't be any geek off the street. Ya gotta be handy with the steel if ya know what I mean to earn your keep."

"REGULATORS!....MOUNT UP!"

It was a clear black night, a clear white moon, Warren G was on the streets, tryin' to consume....

Just hit the east side of the LBC, on a mission tryin' find Mr. Warren G, seen a car full of girls ain't no need to tweak, all you skirts know what's up with two-one-three.

So I hooks a left, on Two One and Lewis, some brothers shooting' dice so i said "Let's do this," I hopped out my ride, and said "What's up?" Some brothers pulled some gats so I said, "I"m stuck."

------

That was my favorite song back in the day. I even follow Warren G on Facebook. LOL. I'm a dork.

Goatcheese
12-15-2011, 08:28 PM
Now they droppin' and yellin', It's a tad bit late
Nate Dogg and Warren G had to regulate

<whistles>

Thorn
12-15-2011, 09:21 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-texans/09000d5d8251402c/Week-15-Panthers-vs-Texans-Preview

The second the stupid announcer said Bulls on Parade I closed the damn window. I hate that stupid name. I hate it. If that dumb ass name sticks it's going to seriously irratate the shit out of me.

ThaJokaa
12-15-2011, 09:23 PM
Its growing on me but I do think Connor Barwin shouldve chosen something else

amazing80
12-15-2011, 09:29 PM
Love ya steel blue :chef:

Lucky
12-15-2011, 09:35 PM
This defense is allowing 84 fewer passing yards per game than the 2010 version. And almost 11 fewer ppg. Unbelieva-Bull.

Kaiser Toro
12-15-2011, 09:37 PM
The Sons of Bum

hookinreds
12-15-2011, 10:57 PM
The Sons of Bum

I like the idea Kiaser!...The S.O.B (Son of Bum) Defense! Not thinking it will stick with the NFL...but still like it.

thunderkyss
12-16-2011, 04:22 AM

Officially our theme song; cool.

Officially the defense's nickname; not.

Scooter
12-16-2011, 04:45 AM
edit: drunk post

ObsiWan
12-16-2011, 05:14 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUhAClLZrwcfvPLAkiBaJasVyekY0pK 7fIf0wjquBa6LXMMCK8http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAPl7uZMhuyu_E87fllB1BbgwG5H_4_ Ld_HJv6YWf_WG0lszOO1w

something like this?

hookinreds
12-16-2011, 09:25 AM
Officially our theme song; cool.

Officially the defense's nickname; not.

DAMAGE INCORPORATED! That's perfect! That's what I'm going with!

EVOLVIST
12-16-2011, 09:44 AM
DAMAGE INCORPORATED! That's perfect! That's what I'm going with!

This is a very good point. The defense does not NEED an official name. What the defense needs is for each fan to determine what they feel about the defense - how they perceive them in their hearts and minds - thus, naming them accordingly on a personal level.

This makes for true fan participation on a quantum level: What the city needs for a stronger symbiotic relationship between the players and fans.

For Conner Barwin, "Bulls on Parade" gets him groovin'. Cool.

For some, it will be "Damage Inc.". Badass!

And these names can fluxuate, because on rare occasions the defense is collectively known as "The Kareem Jacksons."

As for me, I prefer to call the defense "The Anti-Life Equation."

Whatever gets us through the night is always right.

Seņor Stan
12-16-2011, 09:53 AM
This is a very good point. The defense does not NEED an official name. What the defense needs is for each fan to determine what they feel about the defense - how they perceive them in their hearts and minds - thus, naming them accordingly on a personal level.

This makes for true fan participation on a quantum level: What the city needs for a stronger symbiotic relationship between the players and fans.

And these names can fluxuate, because on rare occasions the defense is collectively known as "The Kareem Jacksons."

El Guapo-ed it for you.

I suppose you could say that everyone has an El Guapo. For some, shyness may be an El Guapo. For others, lack of education may be an El Guapo. But for us, El Guapo is a large ugly man who wants to kill us!

EVOLVIST
12-16-2011, 10:05 AM
El Guapo-ed it for you.

Ha! Gracis, Senor Stan. When I was in high school the chicas used to call me "El Guapo." No joke. I'm not hispanic...but they were. And the gettin' was good. :)

hookinreds
12-16-2011, 10:11 AM

That's some heavy stuff right threre..."Bulls on Parade"...great song...bad handle.

Double Barrel
12-16-2011, 10:12 AM
I dig Damage, Inc.!! I always have, and it works on so many levels.

My personal favorite, although I know it would never fly in a million years: *******ing Hostile! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6gq0dy2d8s) :headbang:

thunderkyss
12-16-2011, 10:58 AM

I'm going with, "Dem boys on Kirby"

Mean Machine
12-16-2011, 01:21 PM
Bulls on Parade!

Its clever, gets the guys pumped, works for me!

TheMatrix31
12-16-2011, 06:18 PM
As touched on before, then only thing that's truly bad about the name is the anti-American bullshit that's in the song. As a tune its bad ass, as a message its awful, especially coming from those RATM ****s.

DocBar
12-16-2011, 09:00 PM
Bulls on Parade!

Its clever, gets the guys pumped, works for me!Clever? Maybe at the Special Olympics.

Get's guys pumped up? Hmm...I guess that depends on the "guy".

I'm glad it works for you. It does not work for me in any way, shape or form. I effing hate it and will not rally around it at all, for any reason. I DO NOT want my team known by this nickname.

Joe Texan
12-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Blue steel wall

markn
12-16-2011, 10:27 PM
Death Row

Thorn
12-16-2011, 11:12 PM
Clever? Maybe at the Special Olympics.

Get's guys pumped up? Hmm...I guess that depends on the "guy".

I'm glad it works for you. It does not work for me in any way, shape or form. I effing hate it and will not rally around it at all, for any reason. I DO NOT want my team known by this nickname.

This. Agreed 5000% on that dumb ass nick name. Have some rep for speaking as ill of it as I do.

Kimmy
01-11-2012, 06:40 PM
OMG this is shirt is terrible LOL

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Bulls-on-Parade-Texans-defense-has-a-new-nickname----and-T-shirts-too-137126783.html

False Start
01-11-2012, 06:43 PM

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Bulls-on-Parade-Texans-defense-has-a-new-nickname----and-T-shirts-too-137126783.html

:wadepalm:

Cush is smiling, WTF?

I still think BMF'ers is a great name for the D. :heh:

LonerATO
01-11-2012, 06:46 PM
How about the Houston Texans Defense?

thunderkyss
01-11-2012, 07:11 PM
How about the Houston Texans Defense?

How about #2

Jaysol
01-11-2012, 07:26 PM

It's so terrible I had to go and pick one up! Not bad for $15. They were pretty much sold out when I got there. They had them in blue as well.

Kimmy
01-11-2012, 08:21 PM
It's so terrible I had to go and pick one up! Not bad for $15. They were pretty much sold out when I got there. They had them in blue as well.

Hahaha .. well, I'm glad ya got one buddy ;)

Ruinondd
01-11-2012, 08:41 PM
!!! Wow. That shirt is Horrible. Even being a fan of Bulls on Parade name I can't stand that thing. It's like the boy band shirts they sell to preteen girls /groan

Kimmy
01-11-2012, 09:24 PM
http://media.khou.com/images/bulls-on-parade-shirt-11.jpg

Kthx
01-11-2012, 09:30 PM
First line of the article.

"HOUSTON – Forget Dallas – the biggest "D" in Texas these days is right here in Houston."

I was thinking the d stood for the Dbags who are proud to wear that shirt but I was wrong.

Perki-Perk
01-11-2012, 09:52 PM
If anything, I would have preferred something like, Bull Stampede, or Running of the Bulls...but parade...really Connor!?

Running of the Bulls, turning the Opposing O-line into Matadors!

TexansBull
01-11-2012, 10:16 PM

I just threw up. A lot.

Brisco_County
01-11-2012, 10:35 PM
I just threw up. A lot.

I want to photoshop barbershop quartet hats on them.

ChampionTexan
01-11-2012, 11:46 PM
I want to photoshop barbershop quartet hats on them.

For some reason, I want to photoshop "Not that there's anything wrong with that" in place of "It's all about team"

Seņor Stan
01-12-2012, 12:09 AM
For some reason, I want to photoshop "Not that there's anything wrong with that" in place of "It's all about team"

Connor Barwin wears capri pants. He does not care.

Texanator
01-12-2012, 09:06 AM
I think "The Stampede" is great.
I'm not sure who picked B.O.P. but it sucks. Makes me think of Ferdinand the Bull, with a little rose in his mouth.
The D deserves better.

BullNation4Life
01-12-2012, 09:27 AM

YYYYYYYYYY - M-C-A...

it's fun to stay at the...

YYYYYYYYY-M-C-A...

They have everything for you to enjoy, you can hang out with all tha boys....

Texan_Bill
01-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Connor Barwin wears capri pants. He does not care.

Sooooo?. Cushing wears jorts with a tank top.

Thorn
01-12-2012, 09:33 AM
hummm.......after further consideration, Bulls On Parade nickname still sucks.

And that stupid shirt needs to be thrown in the nearest dumpster.

Texan_Bill
01-12-2012, 09:35 AM
hummm.......after further consideration, Bulls On Parade nickname still sucks.

And that stupid shirt needs to be thrown in the nearest dumpster.

Bulls on Parade is better than what HOU-TEX and Hobie :hobie: wanted:

Balls on Parade

:hobie:

Thorn
01-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Bulls on Parade is better than what HOU-TEX and Hobie :hobie: wanted:

Balls on Parade

:hobie:

:lol:

Just when you think you've hit rock botton, someone hands you a better shovel.

Brisco_County
01-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Can we just start using "The Bull Rush" until everyone else catches on?

Mr teX
01-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Pain Inc.

thunderkyss
01-15-2012, 12:01 PM
!!!!!!! Nevermore !!!!!!!!

mussop
01-15-2012, 04:22 PM
How about The Bad Asses!

edo783
01-15-2012, 10:24 PM
I think "The Stampede" is great.
I'm not sure who picked B.O.P. but it sucks. Makes me think of Ferdinand the Bull, with a little rose in his mouth.
The D deserves better.

I agree "Stampede' would be a MUCH better name. Bulls on Parade just bring into my head a vision of a gay pride parade down in Montrose.

mussop
01-15-2012, 10:51 PM
I agree "Stampede' would be a MUCH better name. Bulls on Parade just bring into my head a vision of a gay pride parade down in Montrose.

Why would Bulls on parade remind you of gay pride parade? To me stampede just sounds to redneck.

PapaL
01-15-2012, 10:57 PM
Bulls On Parade it is.

Playoffs
01-15-2012, 10:57 PM
http://northernhorse.com/coyoteacres/upload/dancing%20bull_1_small.jpghttp://northernhorse.com/coyoteacres/upload/dancing%20bull_1_small.jpghttp://northernhorse.com/coyoteacres/upload/dancing%20bull_1_small.jpg

PapaL
01-15-2012, 10:59 PM
Why would Bulls on parade remind you of gay pride parade? To me stampede just sounds to redneck.

I think of the Dairy Queen ice cream when I hear Stampede.

RagingBull
01-15-2012, 11:12 PM

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

hookinreds
01-15-2012, 11:13 PM
Damage Inc.

RagingBull
01-15-2012, 11:16 PM
My vote:

Taking Care of Business.

Reason:

This is the name of a famous rodeo bull, the one that killed Lane Frost. And it fits this D perfectly.

burro
01-15-2012, 11:25 PM
My vote:

Taking Care of Business.

Reason:

This is the name of a famous rodeo bull, the one that killed Lane Frost. And it fits this D perfectly.

All I can think of when I hear that is that stupid Bachman-Turner Overdrive song...which is probably the point, but still. As a metal fan of sorts, I would recommend the "Wall of Death" as a nickname...but I doubt that would catch on.

thunderkyss
01-16-2012, 08:13 AM
What's Baltimore's defense named?

Thorn
01-16-2012, 08:17 AM

They don't have a nick name, and it's a good point to make.

Oh, and I hate Bulls on Parade. I hate it. It sucks bigtime. It's the stupidest thing I've heard in years, and I hope that **** doesn't catch on.

God, I hate that dumbass nickname.

Grams
01-16-2012, 08:20 AM
How about we just leave it as the Texans Defense - one of the best in the league and end this.

Kthx
01-16-2012, 08:30 AM
That makes too much sense to happen, you know better than that.

ObsiWan
01-16-2012, 08:52 AM

Oh, and I hate Bulls on Parade. I hate it. It sucks bigtime. It's the stupidest thing I've heard in years, and I hope that **** doesn't catch on.

Too late. I seem to recall seeing DeMeco in a "Bulls on Parade" t-shirt a week or so ago.

YOU tell him his shirt is stupid.
I'll watch.
:D

Thorn
01-16-2012, 08:56 AM
Too late. I seem to recall seeing DeMeco in a "Bulls on Parade" t-shirt a week or so ago.

YOU tell him his shirt is stupid.
I'll watch.
:D

I'll tell him. DeMeco is a nice man. He won't hit a fat old grey bearded guy, I'm sure. :)

IlliniJen
01-16-2012, 08:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsQXGMqmI2s

Too late fools!

mussop
01-17-2012, 09:43 AM

That's because ravens on parade just don't sound cool.

Showtime100
01-17-2012, 09:51 AM

Agree completely. If 99.9% of fans call them that I still never will. It's as dorky as it gets.

BullNation4Life
01-17-2012, 10:41 AM
I think the reason so many hate the idea of Bulls On Parade is because they aren't thinking outside the box with the term "parade" and what it means. Let me demonstrate...

pa·rade/pəˈrād/
Noun:
A public procession, esp. one celebrating a special day or event and including marching bands and floats.

Verb:
Walk or march in public in a formal procession or in an ostentatious or attention-seeking way.

So you take it as a verb, instead of a noun, and now you have exactly what this defense did all year. They were on a march, or a mission if you will, to publicly show their vulgar or pretentious display(ostentatious) way of stomping a mud hole in you and walking it dry each and every play. That is what this defense did each and every week, for the most part, especially in the playoffs. They were Bulls on Parade....

Some of yall are comparing it to Gay Pride, which I think there is some tendencies that need to be addressed, or some Macy's Thanksgiving Parade (the Noun portion) but if you dig deeper into the meaning, it fits this defense...

It's not Bulls in a Parade, It's Bulls on Parade, or Bull's on march, a mission, a quest, to absolutely dominate you....

at least that's what I got out of it...

ChampionTexan
01-17-2012, 10:49 AM
I think the reason so many hate the idea of Bulls On Parade is because they aren't thinking outside the box with the term "parade" and what it means. Let me demonstrate...

pa·rade/pəˈrād/
Noun:
A public procession, esp. one celebrating a special day or event and including marching bands and floats.

Verb:
Walk or march in public in a formal procession or in an ostentatious or attention-seeking way.

So you take it as a verb, instead of a noun, and now you have exactly what this defense did all year. They were on a march, or a mission if you will, to publicly show their vulgar or pretentious display(ostentatious) of smacking you in the mouth each and every play. That is what this defense did each and every week, for the most part, especially in the playoffs.

Some of yall are comparing it to Gay Pride, which I think there is some tendencies that need to be addressed, or some Macy's Thanksgiving Parade (the Noun portion) but if you dig deeper into the meaning, it fits this defense...

It's not Bulls in a Parade, It's Bulls on Parade, or Bull's on march, a mission, a quest, to absolutely dominate you....

Because all good nicknames should need a 4 paragraph explanation that includes a vocabulary lesson to explain why they are in fact not bad nicknames.

Perhaps future editions of the T-shirt should print your post on the back to sway those who just don't seem to be warming up to it.

Blake
01-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Bulls on Parade is an awesome name for our defense and I feel is a perfect fit.

To me it has the ring of a confident defense that has swagger and has fun because they know they cant be stopped.

Not to mention the music (RATM) is sick, and gets people including myself pumped up big time!

BullNation4Life
01-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Because all good nicknames should need a 4 paragraph explanation that includes a vocabulary lesson to explain why they are in fact not bad nicknames.

Perhaps future editions of the T-shirt should print your post on the back to sway those who just don't seem to be warming up to it.

Hey, not my fault some folks vocabulary is limited...Guess that is the downside of the American Education System to think of "Gay Pride" of Macy's Day when you hear the word parade....

just need to think outside the box....

Thorn
01-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Agree completely. If 99.9% of fans call them that I still never will. It's as dorky as it gets.

Yep. It doesn't matter how it's spun, it's a stupid name and I'll never use it.

Blake
01-17-2012, 12:47 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2r20riw.jpg

Playoffs
01-17-2012, 12:48 PM

God, I hate that dumbass nickname.Aww, c'mon...

http://artfromashes.org/images/bulflat.jpg

Dread-Head
01-17-2012, 01:00 PM
I say we call 'em the "Empty Pasture" because as the Ravens found out twice on 4th and inches ...there aint no BULLI$HTTIN' the Texans D baby!

Thorn
01-17-2012, 01:07 PM
Aww, c'mon...

http://artfromashes.org/images/bulflat.jpg

:lol: + rep

Double Barrel
01-17-2012, 01:10 PM

[/end thread]

Seriously. The Ravens have consistently been one of the best defenses for the past decade.

They did not gloss themselves before they did anything. NFL Films did not gloss them, sportswriters and fans did not gloss them, they just consistently come out and kick ass.

That question says it all, TK. Well done, sir.

EVOLVIST
01-17-2012, 03:55 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/EVOLVIST/No_More_Bull.jpg

'nuff said.

ATXtexanfan
01-17-2012, 04:14 PM
bulls on parade is as stupid as me after a twelve pack.

BeerTastesLikeVictory
01-17-2012, 05:37 PM
I don't care if they call themselves "Sgt. Phillips Lonely Sacks Club Band", as long as they keep bringing the pain like they did last week.

PapaL
01-17-2012, 05:49 PM
Didn't the players that are actually on the Defense name it? Who are we to say no that's stupid, pick something else?

Bulls don't follow rules. They come, f-ck sh!t up, and go home!

DocBar
01-17-2012, 05:54 PM
Didn't the players that are actually on the Defense name it? Who are we to say no that's stupid, pick something else?

Bulls don't follow rules. They come, f-ck sh!t up, and go home!The fans who pay their damned salaries, that's who!! I guess we should rename Relaint stadium the Blue Oyster Bar.

Playoffs
01-17-2012, 06:19 PM
Let's name our special teams! :kitten:

HJam72
01-17-2012, 06:26 PM

The Punt Fumblers! :kubepalm:

ESAD2-14
01-17-2012, 08:18 PM

Turkistan

Showtime100
01-17-2012, 08:40 PM

pa·rade/pəˈrād/
Noun:

Verb:

So you take it as a verb, instead of a noun, and now you have exactly what this defense did all year. They were on a march, or a mission if you will, to publicly show their vulgar or pretentious display(ostentatious) way of stomping a mud hole in you and walking it dry each and every play. That is what this defense did each and every week, for the most part, especially in the playoffs. They were Bulls on Parade....

Gee thanks...lol. I was wondering what that word meant.

Thing is, until your post I never even thought of the Gay Pride thing. Chalk up yet another reason it's a bad, dorky name no matter how you cut it. Sometimes an idea is just bad.

Listen to this.

Doomsday
Steel Curtain
No Name Defense
Miami Vise
Killer B's
Orange Crush
Monsters Of The Midway
Fearsome Foursome
Purple People Eaters
New York Sack Exchange
Bulls On Parade

You see what I'm saying?

Let a name come to the team. It'll happen and if it doesn't we are one of many great defenses that didn't have a nickname and I can live with that just fine. Certainly much easier than having the one being shoved down our throats now.

HJam72
01-18-2012, 08:49 AM
"Bulls on Parade" sounds like "Gay Studs Doin' Their Thang!"

Yuck.

:wadepalm:

Thorn
01-18-2012, 09:07 AM
Have I mentioned yet that I hate the name Bulls on Parade? Because if I haven't, I thought I might bring it up. :)

HJam72
01-18-2012, 09:19 AM
Have I mentioned yet that I hate the name Bulls on Parade? Because if I haven't, I thought I might bring it up. :)

I thought you came up with it, stud-muffin.

Playoffs
01-18-2012, 12:09 PM
Urban Dictionary (http://www.urbandictionary.com/)

Bulls on parade
1. "Bulls on parade!" - North American metaphor slang, Usually used to notify those around you that police officers/soldiers are present and/or taking action nearby, and that it may be time to defend yourself against them.

"Bulls on Parade" is also a song by the band RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, which features on the Album "Vietnow". The band often uses this song as an opener as it is very exiting and contains powerful anti government rhetoric.

"oh **** watch out man, they're coming... YO! BULLS ON PARADE!"

RATM: "Arms warehouses fill as quick as the cells,
Rally round the family with a pocket full of shells,
...BULLS ON PARADE!"

Bull Queer
1. A man who enjoys having sex with other men, but only without their consent. The more their prey wiggles and attempts escape the happier the bull queer, due to this their prey are sometimes known as 'wigglers'.

Often found in prisions, army bases and public schools.

I bent over to pick up my soap and the next thing i knew i was being arse raped by a bull queer.

DexmanC
01-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Name our defense?

"Demeco's"

'Cause without him, they play like ****e.

Thorn
01-18-2012, 12:51 PM
I thought you came up with it, stud-muffin.

If I wasn't laughing so hard at this post, I'd neg rep you. But, it was funny as hell.

However, since you're a guy, don't EVER call me that again or I'll petition to have your man card taken away.

b0ng
01-18-2012, 01:02 PM
Cracker Sacks

Still stand by this.

Perki-Perk
01-18-2012, 01:02 PM
Space

city

stampede

Blake
01-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Still stand by this.

WhiteWash!

PapaL
01-18-2012, 03:21 PM
The fans who pay their damned salaries, that's who!! I guess we should rename Relaint stadium the Blue Oyster Bar.

You do have the option of not going.

Should they run draft picks by you too? I mean you are paying "their damned salaries".

Nitrofish
01-18-2012, 09:30 PM
My suggestion would be Damage Inc. and if someone can provide a high res shot of the defensive players as a group, or that shot of them in the locker room, I will mock up a nice wall paper With Damage Inc.

This sounds like a real NFL defense name. While I like the Bulls on Parade song it does not really have anything to do with what they do beside having the word bull in the name.

The fact that the term refers to police I think Bulls on Parade could mean any show of force, not just police so it works on that level, but if you have never heard the song (and nationally how many have?) it does sound kind of gay. Think of someone like Richard Simmons saying it "Bulls on Parade" and that will help you visualize what some fans mean when they say it sounds gay.

Damage Inc. is short, and on point. I can imagine seeing signs hanging in home games and away games or hearing the announcers calling them Damage Inc. I mean did you hear Dierdorf say "Bulls on Parade"? Sounded pretty gay coming out of his mouth for sure.

Doomsday
Steel Curtain
No Name Defense
Miami Vise
Killer B's
Orange Crush
Monsters Of The Midway
Fearsome Foursome
Purple People Eaters
New York Sack Exchange
Damage Inc.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this is a song from Metallica and while not for everyone, the lyrics are pretty kewl in my view albeit a bit harsh in a few places so I doubt it would get any airtime at the stadium, but if you are interested ...

Lyrics are Here (http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/damage-inc-lyrics-metallica/2e4f84ae23c6000d4825688d00336ac7)

YouTube Video Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FVzCo-JftQ)

MEGA SWATT
01-18-2012, 10:26 PM
Seal Team Texan:bender:

Texan_Bill
01-18-2012, 10:50 PM
It's not "Bulls on Parade"??? What the hell???

:sarcasm:

:gun:

Texan_Bill
01-18-2012, 11:01 PM
How about we played the Ravens in the "Divisional Round" and lost because we had a rookie QB, but worst, a 5 year PRO (that would be Jacoby Jones) that craps the bed "AND" we paid him 10 mill... Yates "crapped the bed", but then again, why wouldn't he???

Aweaome!!! :ok:

DocBar
01-19-2012, 11:28 AM
My suggestion would be Damage Inc. and if someone can provide a high res shot of the defensive players as a group, or that shot of them in the locker room, I will mock up a nice wall paper With Damage Inc.

This sounds like a real NFL defense name. While I like the Bulls on Parade song it does not really have anything to do with what they do beside having the word bull in the name.

The fact that the term refers to police I think Bulls on Parade could mean any show of force, not just police so it works on that level, but if you have never heard the song (and nationally how many have?) it does sound kind of gay. Think of someone like Richard Simmons saying it "Bulls on Parade" and that will help you visualize what some fans mean when they say it sounds gay.

Damage Inc. is short, and on point. I can imagine seeing signs hanging in home games and away games or hearing the announcers calling them Damage Inc. I mean did you hear Dierdorf say "Bulls on Parade"? Sounded pretty gay coming out of his mouth for sure.

Doomsday
Steel Curtain
No Name Defense
Miami Vise
Killer B's
Orange Crush
Monsters Of The Midway
Fearsome Foursome
Purple People Eaters
New York Sack Exchange
Damage Inc.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this is a song from Metallica and while not for everyone, the lyrics are pretty kewl in my view albeit a bit harsh in a few places so I doubt it would get any airtime at the stadium, but if you are interested ...

Lyrics are Here (http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/damage-inc-lyrics-metallica/2e4f84ae23c6000d4825688d00336ac7)

YouTube Video Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FVzCo-JftQ)Texans Damage Inc. vidoe here (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fnationmgt.com%2Fdamage_inc.wm v&h=iAQEmhW5x).

Nitrofish
01-19-2012, 01:05 PM
Texans Damage Inc. vidoe here (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fnationmgt.com%2Fdamage_inc.wm v&h=iAQEmhW5x).

Nice job bro... the songs pace really fits well with the pace of that pass rush. I really think this name should be chosen by the fans and embraced. It's a rockin' name for this D! Rep to you...

Dutchrudder
01-19-2012, 01:20 PM
How about the Bayou Bullrush?

Or something to do with Bayou and bulls. Once a year they would be the Bayou Battle-red Bullrush!

Hervoyel
01-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Name our defense?

"Demeco's"

'Cause without him, they play like ****e.

First thing I've read concerning a nickname that made the slightest bit of sense.

DeMeco Ryans is the undisputed beginning of the defense and has been since he was a rookie. He's the closest thing to Andre Johnson in terms of sheer authority that they have on that side of the ball.

thunderkyss
01-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Southern Comfort

thunderkyss
01-19-2012, 09:54 PM
Texans Damage Inc. vidoe here (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fnationmgt.com%2Fdamage_inc.wm v&h=iAQEmhW5x).

I've never felt so bad for the other team as I do right now..... having watched your video.

Especially Blaine Gabbart....

DocBar
01-19-2012, 10:57 PM
I've never felt so bad for the other team as I do right now..... having watched your video.

Especially Blaine Gabbart....Damage Inc. just seems to fit these guys. They go to work and bring the pain with them. I really love the sack on Big Ben by MW where he had work a bit ti get him down. That really highlighted MW's abilities to me. He was relentless on that sack.
Besides, Damage, Inc. is at least tough sounding. I would rather be punched in the junk than utter bulls on parade for any reason.

TheMatrix31
01-19-2012, 11:04 PM
So how about we just use that in our discussions then? Let's tweet that to them, include it in all our tweets and messages, yell it in the crowd, etc?

Band names change, why can't nicknames?

Nitrofish
01-20-2012, 02:18 AM
So how about we just use that in our discussions then? Let's tweet that to them, include it in all our tweets and messages, yell it in the crowd, etc?

Band names change, why can't nicknames?

Good idea, and maybe if enough people tweet all of the players they might adopt it. Probably going to be tough to overcome what they seem to have already picked, but who knows.

If you like Damage Inc and would like to see the D adopt it as their official nickname, please tweet the players, coaches, FO Staff and anyone else that has anything to do with the Texans.

Anyone got a really nice high resolution shot of the Defense they would like to contribute to the effort?

ObsiWan
01-20-2012, 02:41 AM
Steel Blue
Wrecking
Crew

TheMatrix31
01-20-2012, 05:38 AM
Good idea, and maybe if enough people tweet all of the players they might adopt it. Probably going to be tough to overcome what they seem to have already picked, but who knows.

If you like Damage Inc and would like to see the D adopt it as their official nickname, please tweet the players, coaches, FO Staff and anyone else that has anything to do with the Texans.

Anyone got a really nice high resolution shot of the Defense they would like to contribute to the effort?

Wish I did. Though even the bloody shot of Cushing speaks it well enough, lol.