PDA

View Full Version : League Conspiracy???

michaelm
12-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Is it just me, or did teams just start releasing QBs like crazy when the Texans need for a QB became dire?
I can't remember this many know commodities being released in-season like this before.

Orton
McNabb
Rosenfelds

If I didn't know better, I'd think that other owners are trying to help this team win.
Maybe the other owners discussed it, and decided there was monetary value in it for the whole league to have a winning franchise in such a large market?

Call me crazy....

TexansFanatic
12-01-2011, 05:55 PM
When the Pats dump Tom Brady I'll start thinking something's up.

Double Barrel
12-01-2011, 05:58 PM
If it is a.... :tinfoil: "League Conspiracy???" :tinfoil: ...I sure hope the refs are in on it, too! :spy:

Tonaaayyyy
12-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Kyle Orton plays for KC now.
McNabb is just washed up.
Sage is a two-face and ratted us out vs the Giants.

I doubt they are trying to help us win.

Throat Punch
12-01-2011, 06:05 PM
I doubt it's a league conspiracy. I think Cutler, Schaub, and Cassel went down and these quarterbacks who aren't playing started petitioning heavily for their release so they could have a chance to play for a winning team. If the team is going to cut them any way, might was well cut them and let them go somewhere else why they still can.

michaelm
12-01-2011, 06:06 PM

I'm not saying that teams are suddenly jettisoning all-pro QBs, but it's weird to me that these guys got released in such a short time, coincidentally..

As to the bolded, that's just horse crap. Sage was a New York Giant then, and he should do anything he can to help his team win. I'd be disappointed in a player if he did less than he could to help his team win.

jaayteetx
12-01-2011, 06:08 PM
I'm not saying that teams are suddenly jettisoning all-pro QBs, but it's weird to me that these guys got released in such a short time, coincidentally..

As to the bolded, that's just horse crap. Sage was a New York Giant then, and he should do anything he can to help his team win. I'd be disappointed in a player if he did less than he could to help his team win.

Yep, totally agree.

TexansFanatic
12-01-2011, 06:10 PM

Right on. It's not like he sold nuclear secrets to the Russians.

Tonaaayyyy
12-01-2011, 06:10 PM

True.

Thorn
12-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Right on. It's not like he sold nuclear secrets to the Russians.

Great. Now Homeland Security will be monitoring our posts. :foottap:

TexansFanatic
12-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Great. Now Homeland Security will be monitoring our posts. :foottap:

lol I'd rather have them wasting their time here than feeling me up at the airport.

False Start
12-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Funny that this was brought up, I was F'in around with my brother about 20 minutes ago, and said the same thing about there being a conspiracy. :ahhaha:

DocBar
12-01-2011, 07:35 PM
lol I'd rather have them wasting their time here than feeling me up at the airport.Oh no, they'll still be feeling you up at the airport. They are Legion!
On a serious note, michaelm, you need the :tinfoil: hat on. No team in the NFL is just gonna "help us out". That isn't to say that there isn't some backroom chicanery going on. I'm just saying there will be a benefit, in the future, for any team that would help us out.

Grams
12-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Not conspiracy - it's Destiny.

michaelm
12-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Oh no, they'll still be feeling you up at the airport. They are Legion!
On a serious note, michaelm, you need the :tinfoil: hat on. No team in the NFL is just gonna "help us out". That isn't to say that there isn't some backroom chicanery going on. I'm just saying there will be a benefit, in the future, for any team that would help us out.

Agreed on the nit "help us out" part. That's kinda why I was speculating about there being some potential benefit for the league if the Texans do well.

I've changed my mind, however. Now I'm convinced that these teams have been receiving phone calls from the Cush making them offers they can't refuse.

TejasTom
12-02-2011, 09:56 AM
If they were trying to help us out they would have released them before we signed Clemens and Delhomme.

Ole Miss Texan
12-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Is it just me, or did teams just start releasing QBs like crazy when the Texans need for a QB became dire?
I can't remember this many know commodities being released in-season like this before.

Orton
McNabb
Rosenfelds

If I didn't know better, I'd think that other owners are trying to help this team win.
Maybe the other owners discussed it, and decided there was monetary value in it for the whole league to have a winning franchise in such a large market?

Call me crazy....
Your crazy, there I said it! I think its more along the fact they're being released because they suck.:thisbig:

michaelm
12-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Your crazy, there I said it! I think its more along the fact they're being released because they suck.:thisbig:

LOL. It's more than likely that you are correct.
About me being crazy, and also the QB thing...

Dread-Head
12-02-2011, 12:10 PM

Yeah after that Giants game that Dewey from "Malcom in the Middle" lookin' muff-hugga was DEAD to me!

texanway
12-02-2011, 05:13 PM
A league conspiracy? Really?

Kthx
12-02-2011, 05:21 PM
I don't think you are crazy at all.

The government has secretly been spraying chemtrails above Kirby that cause our Quarterbacks to become brittle so we don't make it to the playoffs. The reason for this is because Kubiak knows the real truth about 9/11 and was being monitored by the FBI and CIA so couldn't come out and tell Schaub and Leinart the truth. Instead he had to secretly come out with cryptic plays to explain the situation to them very slowly over the course of many years, and they were very close to also knowing the terrible truth. Now to cover up the chemtrails the government along with Bill Gates, The Rockefellers, and Warren Buffet forced several teams to release quarterbacks so the people in Houston wouldn't find out the horrible terrifying truth of the matter.

Either that or no.

michaelm
12-02-2011, 05:57 PM
A league conspiracy? Really?

Yes, really.

But shhhhh... I think they're watching us. :um:

Dutchrudder
12-02-2011, 06:09 PM
http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr14/themishkin/687474703a2f2f74726f6c6c2e6d652f696.jpg

TejasTom
12-03-2011, 08:45 AM
http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr14/themishkin/687474703a2f2f74726f6c6c2e6d652f696.jpg

And now they are coming for you.

ObsiWan
12-03-2011, 09:34 AM
Agreed on the nit "help us out" part. That's kinda why I was speculating about there being some potential benefit for the league if the Texans do well.

I've changed my mind, however. Now I'm convinced that these teams have been receiving phone calls from the Cush making them offers they can't refuse.

http://i41.tinypic.com/ic0fo8.png

...maybe we made a few phone calls.
...maybe we didn't...
whose to say?

False Start
12-03-2011, 09:34 AM
Hair guy FTW! :yes:

Texaninlild
12-03-2011, 10:50 AM
If it is a.... :tinfoil: "League Conspiracy???" :tinfoil: ...I sure hope the refs are in on it, too! :spy:

The refs missed the memo after seeing the game last week.

Playoffs
12-03-2011, 11:42 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2605/4183142885_cec62a6185_o.gif