PDA

View Full Version : Blaine Gabbert Sound FX vs. Texans

Yesterday
12-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Don't think this has been posted, but I was on NFL.com and saw that Blaine Gabbert was miked against our Texans last Sunday. Here's the link for those of you who haven't seen it:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d8249df34/Sound-FX-Blaine-Gabbert?module=HP11_content_stream

A couple of thoughts: Gabbert really doesn't seem to have much leadership, and his players don't seem to really follow him. I know it's just a couple minute clip, but, to be honest, he sort of seems like a punk.
Needless to say, I am pretty happy we get to go up against him twice a year in the future.

HJam72
12-01-2011, 08:52 AM
That was fun to watch, 'cuz dude just keeps goin' down, LOL. :fans:

Yesterday
12-01-2011, 08:58 AM
My personal favorite part:

Down 10 in the 4th,

Gabbert "Alright guys, we just gotta go 97 yards for the TD right here"
O-Lineman "Actually, it's 98 yards"
Gabbert: "Whatever"

Can you see a someone talking back to Elway like that right before "The Drive?"

TimeKiller
12-01-2011, 09:21 AM
There sure were a lot of pads talking lol.....

Dude has less fire than Gary Kubiak. Dude has less fire than the first cavemen. Dude has less fire than a firefighter convention.

False Start
12-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Yeah, those pads were talking mad smack! :jam: :texflag:

El Tejano
12-01-2011, 10:11 AM
Don't think this has been posted, but I was on NFL.com and saw that Blaine Gabbert was miked against our Texans last Sunday. Here's the link for those of you who haven't seen it:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d8249df34/Sound-FX-Blaine-Gabbert?module=HP11_content_stream

A couple of thoughts: Gabbert really doesn't seem to have much leadership, and his players don't seem to really follow him. I know it's just a couple minute clip, but, to be honest, he sort of seems like a punk.
Needless to say, I am pretty happy we get to go up against him twice a year in the future.

All I kept thinking was David Carr, when I saw him play.

After hearing all the DUDEs and BROs, I'm beginning to think he is David Carr!

burro
12-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Dude, you kind of like...ya know...like you suck, bro'.

Vinny
12-01-2011, 10:33 AM
second coming of David Carr. Carr used to pile up the sacks...Gabbert ducks while he chunks like he's scared. Even Carr didn't do that. Hilarious times up there in Jville...couldn't happen to nicer folks.

TejasTom
12-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Gabbert "Alright guys, we just gotta go 97 yards for the TD right here"
O-Lineman "Actually, it's 98 yards"
Gabbert: "Whatever"

Funny on two levels.

When I first heard "98", I thought they were talking about Connor Barwin.

but maybe he meant they'll get close and have to settle for 3.

False Start
12-01-2011, 11:23 AM
second coming of David Carr. Carr used to pile up the sacks...Gabbert ducks while he chunks like he's scared. Even Carr didn't do that. Hilarious times up there in Jville...couldn't happen to nicer folks.

My old man said that about Gabbert this past weekend. He said , "that ol' boy is gonna turn out like Carr." :yes:

Texanmike02
12-01-2011, 12:20 PM

After hearing all the DUDEs and BROs, I'm beginning to think he is D***** ****!

STOP TYPING HIS NAME. It is HWWNBN. People spelling out has alr3eady cost us 2 QBs. The football gods do not like references to him. Don't believe me? Look at the Giants. Notice all of their injuries? That is due to all of the fans of their team typing rrac divad backwards too often. STOP CURSING US!

Mike

Maddict5
12-01-2011, 12:23 PM
My old man said that about Gabbert this past weekend. He said , "that ol' boy is gonna turn out like Carr." :yes:

cant speak for others but i for one dont like gabberts 'california cool' :ahhaha:

Vinny
12-01-2011, 12:24 PM
STOP TYPING HIS NAME. It is HWWNBN. People spelling out has alr3eady cost us 2 QBs. The football gods do not like references to him. Don't believe me? Look at the Giants. Notice all of their injuries? That is due to all of the fans of their team typing rrac divad backwards too often. STOP CURSING US!

Mikeeh, it's David Carr. Time to get over it imo.

kiwitexansfan
12-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Sounded like he was pissed off with his line most of that clip.

Reminds me of the qb in Any given Sunday at the start of that movie. Entitled, arrogant.

Hervoyel
12-01-2011, 12:38 PM
He does sound just like David Carr though. It's not even the "Dude" and "Bro" stuff either (though that's eerily similar as well). It's the hollow sound of his voice and how he barely seems to care. He sounds like football is not the most important thing in the world to him and while I understand that the rest of life is (supposedly) more important you have to admit that if there's one place in the world where you should at least sound like you care more about football than anything else in the world then that place is when you're on the field playing in a game.

He sounds like he's shopping for sneakers. He sounds like he's trying to get his order right in the drive-thru at Burger King. He sounds like he's telling his wife "Yeah, I'm listening" while he looks at the screen and flips through channels.

I don't think he's going to be what they thought he was going to be.

eriadoc
12-01-2011, 12:43 PM
That clip was likely edited as well.

Norg
12-01-2011, 01:22 PM
awww sunshine ........

RTP2110
12-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Dude just comes across a phony, IMO. He's trying to spit out these motivational phrases, and it's like he's just repeating stuff he heard elsewhere because there's no emotion in it

Playoffs
12-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Now watch the one with Andy Dalton mic'd up and you'll see why he has a Super Bowl in his future and Gabbert's looking towards a toilet bowl.

Texcore
12-01-2011, 09:32 PM
I hope Gabbert is the QB for the Jag for a long time. Because its going to be fun whooping on him twice a year. Year in and year out!

thunderkyss
12-01-2011, 10:33 PM
He does sound just like David Carr though.

He sounds like a guy who knows his team isn't very good & no amount of "rah, rah" is going to change that.

He sounds like a guy who isn't a natural motivator trying to motivate his team, trying to be a leader. I don't think it's fake, I think after week 11 he's thinking he knows how the game is going to turn out.

Wolf
12-01-2011, 10:57 PM
wow, I can't believe NFL even posted this

not much soundbites from sunshine, just the Texans knocking him on his ass

no "whoa there mother ****er" this week

Showtime100
12-01-2011, 11:29 PM
You knew there was an attitude problem when you heard his team "1-2-3 *yawn* win." I could do that with the same intensity in my house at 3:00am and wake no one up..lol.

htowntexans1985
12-02-2011, 01:36 AM
"Good game homie" Lol.

BigBull17
12-02-2011, 10:58 AM

After hearing all the DUDEs and BROs, I'm beginning to think he is David Carr!

Everything I watched about him screamed 'Not an NFL QB!" during the pre draft stuff. As wrong as I was about Cam so far, is as right as I have been on Blahbert so far. I loled everytime someone said he was the best NFL prospect. He is a produtc of an insane need draft pick just to have a QB.