PDA

View Full Version : Per ESPN jag coach Delrio has been fired

srrono
11-29-2011, 08:20 AM
per espn jag coach Del Rio has been fired

Ryan
11-29-2011, 08:23 AM
Dang, i was hoping they'd keep him so they'd stay mediocre.

mootini
11-29-2011, 08:23 AM
Best news to me!!!! It's been 4 years too long! Keep choppin'!

TEXANRED
11-29-2011, 08:25 AM
Somebody is gonna get themselves a good defensive Co in Del Rio.

mootini
11-29-2011, 08:26 AM
I don't know about that? Mel Tucker has this defense turned around!

srrono
11-29-2011, 08:26 AM
The Question is who will be next coach that the Texans will meet twice a year?

mootini
11-29-2011, 08:27 AM
If the Giants fire Tom Coughlin....I'd welcome him back ASAP!!!

MojoMan
11-29-2011, 08:29 AM

Maybe Bill Cowher.

mootini
11-29-2011, 08:32 AM
Maybe Bill Cowher.

That would be awesome, but doubtful..Weaver won't pay that kind of $$$. We'll get some cheap up and coming coach for East Arm Pit College. :kitten:

mootini
11-29-2011, 08:34 AM
Mel tucker might get the nod? He's done quite well this season w/Defense and knows the system/Gene Smith.

El Tejano
11-29-2011, 08:36 AM
Bill freakin Cowher!

IDEXAN
11-29-2011, 08:38 AM
Perhaps our current DC ?

mootini
11-29-2011, 08:40 AM
Mel Tucker will be the interm head coach for the rest of the season.

BullNation4Life
11-29-2011, 08:41 AM
Bill Cowher is not leaving his cush studio job to coach the freaking Jags. If anything, Cowher will take the Dolphins gig before the Jags....

mootini
11-29-2011, 08:45 AM
Bill Cowher is not leaving his cush studio job to coach the freaking Jags. If anything, Cowher will take the Dolphins gig before the Jags....

Not sure? Cowher just recently bought a beach house in Jax/Ponta Vedra/TPC. If the $ is right, you never know? I highly dought, Weaver would fork out the $ for Cowher. Wait and see?

thunderkyss
11-29-2011, 08:47 AM
per espn jag coach Del Rio has been fired

Oops!!

Did I (Texans) do thaaaat??
http://www.robwillreview.com/wp-content/themes/thesis_151/images/familymatters.jpg

mootini
11-29-2011, 08:50 AM
Oops!!

Did I (Texans) do thaaaat??
http://www.robwillreview.com/wp-content/themes/thesis_151/images/familymatters.jpg

Nope...it's been the last 9 years of less than .500 football! One playoff win!

mootini
11-29-2011, 08:50 AM
This is what Jville is singing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4BWhvIlFVE

srrono
11-29-2011, 08:55 AM
Perhaps our current DC ?

I curse you lol

HJam72
11-29-2011, 08:59 AM
Perhaps our current DC ?

Not funny.

TexanSam
11-29-2011, 09:16 AM
Bill Cowher would only take that job if he knew the Jags were moving to LA

Hervoyel
11-29-2011, 09:52 AM
Bill Cowher would only take that job if he knew the Jags were moving to LA

Everyone knows the Jags are moving to LA. The only thing they don't know is when.

Doppelganger
11-29-2011, 10:00 AM
Perhaps our current DC ?

When you have a top DC or OC it is inevitable they will want to go head coach somewhere. Wade is 64 years old and has not done particularity well as a head coach, but who knows. Maybe he wants to be THE Man again at some point.

Pantherstang84
11-29-2011, 10:45 AM
Can JDR play QB?

XI CMURDER IX
11-29-2011, 10:52 AM
Everyone knows the Jags are moving to LA. The only thing they don't know is when.

Well it might be sooner than you think. The team is being sold as well. Just saw it from Adam Schefter!

The1ApplePie
11-29-2011, 10:57 AM
Did they fire the awful GM too?

Always liked Del Rio. I think he did a good job making chicken salad out of the chicken shit the front office gave him. He was going against the AFC South every year on a shoestring budget.

mootini
11-29-2011, 10:57 AM
Well it might be sooner than you think. The team is being sold as well. Just saw it from Adam Schefter!

Yes...might be the end? Man, if this happens, Jags going to LA, I will never watch NFL again! I think the sale was a small part of the team, to the owner of Fed Ex? We'll find out at the noon press conference?

srrono
11-29-2011, 10:58 AM
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
So to recap: Jags fired their HC, extended their GM and are selling the team. Other than that, pretty quiet.

XI CMURDER IX
11-29-2011, 11:00 AM
Yes...might be the end? Man, if this happens, Jags going to LA, I will never watch NFL again! I think the sale was a small part of the team, to the owner of Fed Ex? We'll find out at the noon press conference?

I think it is a small percent chance they go, but you never can tell. That is what the new owner of the Atlanta Thrashers did, now they are in Canada.

Texan_Bill
11-29-2011, 11:00 AM
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
So to recap: Jags fired their HC, extended their GM and are selling the team. Other than that, pretty quiet.

Per Paul Kuharsky:

@espn_afcsouth Paul Kuharsky
Mort and Schefter say Wayne Weaver will also announce #Jaguars are being sold but will remain in Jacksonville

Schefter I believe but Mort? Not so much.

mootini
11-29-2011, 11:06 AM
KAAAAABOOOOOOM! Major day in Jag's history! Gene Smith just signed 3 year contract. Apparently, the Jags are being sold to an owner, who has to keep the team in Jville. Crazy!:kitten::kitten:

Dutchrudder
11-29-2011, 11:09 AM
He should have taken the USC job when he had the chance.

mootini
11-29-2011, 11:10 AM
I think it is a small percent chance they go, but you never can tell. That is what the new owner of the Atlanta Thrashers did, now they are in Canada.

I know, I don't know what to believe?...money makes all the moves! I've been a season ticket owner since 96....I love this team, love going to the games.

XI CMURDER IX
11-29-2011, 11:11 AM
KAAAAABOOOOOOM! Major day in Jag's history! Gene Smith just signed 3 year contract. Apparently, the Jags are being sold to an owner, who has to keep the team in Jville. Crazy!:kitten::kitten:

Do they know who the new owner is?

I have heard Shahid Khan or Fred Smith so far.

Fred Smith has a reputation of changing a lot of things about a franchise to make money. See FedEx Field replacing RFK Stadium for the Redskins. Also, who the heck is Shahid Khan!?! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shahid_Khan

mootini
11-29-2011, 11:11 AM
Per Paul Kuharsky:

Schefter I believe but Mort? Not so much.

We'll see? This maybe the 1st step to move the team to LA!

mootini
11-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Do they know who the new owner is?

I have heard Shahid Khan or Fred Smith so far.

Fred Smith has a reputation of changing a lot of things about a franchise to make money. See FedEx Field replacing RFK Stadium for the Redskins. Also, who the heck is Shahid Khan!?! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shahid_Khan

Fred Smith is the only one I've heard of? If your guys want to listne into the Jags sports talk ..listen to 1010LX..here's a link http://radio.securenetsystems.net/radio_player_large.cfm?stationCallSign=WJXL

Dread-Head
11-29-2011, 11:14 AM
Aw man. I'm gonna miss Delores Delrio. No matter HOW bad the jags sucked...they ALWAYS beat the Cowboys. Oh well.

mootini
11-29-2011, 11:14 AM
Here's a better link...go through 1010XL website, click listen live http://www.1010xl.com/

Press conference at noon...sold to Shahid Khan! All I can think off is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne8ezzeuGhI&feature=related

XI CMURDER IX
11-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Everything is pointing towards Shahid Khan. He was the one either last year or a few years back who wanted to buy the Rams and move them to LA.

mootini
11-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Everything is pointing towards Shahid Khan. He was the one either last year or a few years back who wanted to buy the Rams and move them to LA.

Then this is the 1st step back to LA! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne8ezzeuGhI&feature=related

XI CMURDER IX
11-29-2011, 11:28 AM
Then this is the 1st step back to LA! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne8ezzeuGhI&feature=related

Apparently the only thing keeping the team in Jacksonville is the lease. Which can be broken, but he will have to pay a penalty. That wouldn't stop him though because long term he would make that money back, more than likely. And I thought today was going to be boring and uneventful in the NFL.

mootini
11-29-2011, 11:33 AM
I'll support the Jags till the end!:kitten::kitten::kitten:

mootini
11-29-2011, 11:36 AM
Apparently the only thing keeping the team in Jacksonville is the lease. Which can be broken, but he will have to pay a penalty. That wouldn't stop him though because long term he would make that money back, more than likely. And I thought today was going to be boring and uneventful in the NFL.

For Jag's history...today, is as big, as the day, the NFL awarded the expansion to Jville.

Vinny
11-29-2011, 11:38 AM
I'd fire him too after rolling out Capt'n Twitchy (http://twitter.com/#!/TexansTalk/status/141020099971776512) for the bulk of the season. It was OBVIOUS that the Jags back up QB was superior in every way. Reminds me of the David Carr situation except it took the Texans like half a decade to figure it out.

mootini
11-29-2011, 11:43 AM
I'd fire him too after rolling out Capt'n Twitchy (http://twitter.com/#!/TexansTalk/status/141020099971776512) for the bulk of the season. It was OBVIOUS that the Jags back up QB was superior in every way. Reminds me of the David Carr situation except it took the Texans like half a decade to figure it out.

I agree! Gabby is young and needs WR's and an OF line. I still think the Jags should draft USC's Barkley, if he's there on Draft day!

Hervoyel
11-29-2011, 11:46 AM
This is dedicated to Jack and, if necessary to Jaguars fans everywhere (but for their sake I hope not)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4&feature=related

mootini
11-29-2011, 11:48 AM
This is dedicated to Jack and, if necessary to Jaguars fans everywhere (but for their sake I hope not)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4&feature=related

Great song! Houston knows the pain for losing an NFL team! It's the worst!!!

LikeMike
11-29-2011, 11:51 AM
Just a quick question: if the Jags get sold, say to LA - will they stay in our division?

Vinny
11-29-2011, 11:55 AM
Just a quick question: if the Jags get sold, say to LA - will they stay in our division? I think they would and I don't like being the only large market team in our division....so while I don't like Franchise movement, I'd welcome LA in our division.

Dutchrudder
11-29-2011, 11:57 AM
Just a quick question: if the Jags get sold, say to LA - will they stay in our division?

Probably not. I would guess that the new LA team would become part of the AFC West and Kansas City would move to the AFC South.

HJam72
11-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Khan sounds like the name of a guy who would make them the Baghdad Jaguars, LOL.

WhoDey14
11-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Whoa, was not expecting that at all.

Vinny
11-29-2011, 12:02 PM
Probably not. I would guess that the new LA team would become part of the AFC West and Kansas City would move to the AFC South.no way they do this. The NFL will not destroy the Denver-Chief nor will they destroy the Raider-Chief rivalries.

Mr. White
11-29-2011, 12:06 PM
JMO, but I can see the Chargers moving to LA before the Jags. I think the NFL might block the Jags from moving like they did with the Seahawks.

silentassassin
11-29-2011, 12:09 PM
Khan sounds like the name of a guy who would make them the Baghdad Jaguars, LOL.

Lol, its an Indo-Persian name. Doubt it has any Arabic origins.

Same businessman apparently tried to enter into a bid for the Rams a while back but got beat by another minority shareholder (as stated earlier in the thread).

Didn't realize he wanted to move the Rams back to LA though.

Doppelganger
11-29-2011, 12:10 PM
JMO, but I can see the Chargers moving to LA before the Jags. I think the NFL might block the Jags from moving like they did with the Seahawks.

Jags can't sell tickets. Chargers and Seahawks can. I think the NFL would move a team from a small market like Jax if the team was not selling tickets.

Doppelganger
11-29-2011, 12:11 PM
I think they would and I don't like being the only large market team in our division....so while I don't like Franchise movement, I'd welcome LA in our division.

Any reason you don't like being the only large market team in the division? Do you think another big market team will help the Texans?

Doppelganger
11-29-2011, 12:13 PM
It also kinda makes sense to put LA in a division with Houston, Indy, and Tennessee. All the teams in the divisions got teams based on relocation. Tennessee got the relocated Oilers, Indy got the relocated Baltimore Colts, LA gets the relocated Jags, and the Texans exist becuase the Oilers relocated.

Relocation Division!

HJam72
11-29-2011, 12:16 PM
Apparently, he was born in Pakistan (according to Jags forums).......Karachi Jaguars.

Mr. White
11-29-2011, 12:20 PM
Jags can't sell tickets. Chargers and Seahawks can. I think the NFL would move a team from a small market like Jax if the team was not selling tickets.

Could be. The main thing that my opinion is based on is the problems that the Chargers are having with SD and getting a new stadium.

The Seahawks were under old ownership when they tried to move and they couldn't sell tickets either. They got a new owner and tickets started selling. I think the NFL would want to see if the new guy would want to sell tickets before letting them move.

houstonspartan
11-29-2011, 12:27 PM
It's time someone in the NFL faced the facts and pulled the plug on the NFL in Jacksonville. It's not working. Jacksonville fans get all defensive and say, "Wait. Wait. We haven't had a blackout in a long time!"

But the truth is, the blackouts are prevented because the team either uses tarps or buys back tickets, or gives them away at a serious discount. The ONLY thing keeping the Jags there is a long stadium lease. Folks, that's not a sustainable business model.

Also: Why is it that the NFL is so profitable that owners are clamoring to own a team, yet Wayne Weaver is selling? Why is that?

Add to the fact that some Jags fans, players and media members are a bunch of whiny bitches, and I say pull the plug on the Jacksonville NFL Experiment.

Hookem Horns
11-29-2011, 12:29 PM
Bummer, I might be moving out there and wanted the Jags to remain there so I would get to see the Texans there every season. However I think it's obvious that guy is going to move the team to LA.

mootini
11-29-2011, 12:32 PM
It's time someone in the NFL faced the facts and pulled the plug on the NFL in Jacksonville. It's not working. Jacksonville fans get all defensive and say, "Wait. Wait. We haven't had a blackout in a long time!"

But the truth is, the blackouts are prevented because the team either uses tarps or buys back tickets, or gives them away at a serious discount. The ONLY thing keeping the Jags there is a long stadium lease. Folks, that's not a sustainable business model.

Add to the fact that some Jags fans, players and media members are a bunch of whiny bitches, and I say pull the plug on the Jacksonville NFL Experiment.

And Texan fans/players/media member's aren't whiny bithces? We'll see what happens?

houstonspartan
11-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Bummer, I might be moving out there and wanted the Jags to remain there so I would get to see the Texans there every season. However I think it's obvious that guy is going to move the team to LA.

Well, there's still quite a few years left on that lease, so I'm thinking he'll keep them in Jacksonville for a few more years while his lawyers try and figure out a way to get out of the lease and move the team without being sued. Either way, the NFL in JAX is not working.

Vinny
11-29-2011, 12:34 PM
Any reason you don't like being the only large market team in the division? Do you think another big market team will help the Texans? National exposure. Small market teams don't tend to get as much exposure. Facing LA or NY or Chicago twice a year beats a trip to Jville or Nashvegas as far as National excitement goes.

houstonspartan
11-29-2011, 12:36 PM
National exposure. Small market teams don't tend to get as much exposure. Facing LA or NY or Chicago twice a year beats a trip to Jville or Nashvegas as far as National excitement goes.

Correct. This is why I think the Astros going to the AL will, eventually, help the team nationally. Many, many more high profile, big market teams in the AL than the NL.

mootini
11-29-2011, 12:45 PM
Khan's response.....Statement from Jags' would-be owner Shahid Khan: "I will be fully committed to delivering Jacksonville its first Super Bowl championship."

Khan's got the $, so maybe Cowher is on the radar?

mootini
11-29-2011, 12:50 PM
Apparently, Khan bought the team...in CASH!!!

Shaft75
11-29-2011, 12:51 PM
And Texan fans/players/media member's aren't whiny bithces? We'll see what happens?

Fans, yes (every team has some whiny fans)

Players, no (the Jags are the titty babies, if you need evidence you need to remove your head from your rectum)

Media, sometimes (definitely not as whiny as the little b*tch of a reporter out of Jax that wrote a letter to the league)

BTW, your post seemed a little whiny man...

houstonspartan
11-29-2011, 12:52 PM

Wow. That's a good sign. That means the guy has the cash to really put into the team and build it.

Unfortunately, it also means he may also have the cash to move it, eventually. Just being objective.

Shaft75
11-29-2011, 12:53 PM

http://georgemackay.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/khan-star-trek.jpg

This guy???

houstonspartan
11-29-2011, 12:57 PM
btw: expect more mid-season firings. Owners are like sheep. They wait for someone else to act before doing something. The whole "Firing the coach during the season doesn't work" mantra is over. Look at what happened last year. One coach was fired during the season, and a bunch of others followed.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Miami, San Diego and St. Louis can their coaches over the next few weeks, with Philly being a strong possibility.

Texecutioner
11-29-2011, 01:02 PM
Del Rio has been a pretty good coach for the Jags. They've never really had any teams that were all that talented across the board other than some teams that were really good on defense. He never really had any QB's that were that good, and his best WR he ever had was an older version of Jimmy Smith. He got the Jags to the playoffs like 3 different times though, and although they were never contenders I'd say that each of those years they over achieved. I'd love to have a guy like Del Rio as a DC and in the right situation with an owner that could really bring in a lot of talent, Del Rio would probably be a really good coach in the NFL. I think that Del Rio wasted some years staying in Jacksonville actually and could have probably gone over and gotten a good DC job that he could have already parlayed into a HC position somewhere else had he left years ago.

mootini
11-29-2011, 01:03 PM
Fans, yes (every team has some whiny fans)

Players, no (the Jags are the titty babies, if you need evidence you need to remove your head from your rectum)

Media, sometimes (definitely not as whiny as the little b*tch of a reporter out of Jax that wrote a letter to the league)

BTW, your post seemed a little whiny man...

You Texan fans haven't done anything in your short time in the NFL. Your team plays cheap!... I don't call it out, it's football! You Texan fans post like your team is like the Patriots...I remember the years of whiney posts...Carr-Robo copter-fire Kubie-I can go on and on! "Shaft" your head in your rectum, dude! I haven't whined all day or ever on this MB. Good luck in the playoff's!

mootini
11-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Wow. That's a good sign. That means the guy has the cash to really put into the team and build it.

Unfortunately, it also means he may also have the cash to move it, eventually. Just being objective.

Exactly, It's business! Time will tell. I'll still go see the Jags as long as they are in Jville.

mootini
11-29-2011, 01:05 PM
Del Rio has been a pretty good coach for the Jags. They've never really had any teams that were all that talented across the board other than some teams that were really good on defense. He never really had any QB's that were that good, and his best WR he ever had was an older version of Jimmy Smith. He got the Jags to the playoffs like 3 different times though, and although they were never contenders I'd say that each of those years they over achieved. I'd love to have a guy like Del Rio as a DC and in the right situation with an owner that could really bring in a lot of talent, Del Rio would probably be a really good coach in the NFL. I think that Del Rio wasted some years staying in Jacksonville actually and could have probably gone over and gotten a good DC job that he could have already parlayed into a HC position somewhere else had he left years ago.

Agree!

houstonspartan
11-29-2011, 01:07 PM

Yeah. I've been a fan of Del Rio. I've always felt that he needed a strong General Manager to manage the draft and to tell him to hire a good offensive coordinator.

Del Rio has that "it" factor that coaches need (more than Kubiak, IMO) but it sounds like he was just there for too long. This change is good for both sides.

Hervoyel
11-29-2011, 01:19 PM
Probably not. I would guess that the new LA team would become part of the AFC West and Kansas City would move to the AFC South.

no way they do this. The NFL will not destroy the Denver-Chief nor will they destroy the Raider-Chief rivalries.

Southern California is in fact "South" :thinking:

I don't think the league would change a thing.

OzzO
11-29-2011, 01:35 PM
.... I'd love to have a guy like Del Rio as a DC and in the right situation with an owner that could really bring in a lot of talent, Del Rio would probably be a really good coach in the NFL. I think that Del Rio wasted some years staying in Jacksonville actually and could have probably gone over and gotten a good DC job that he could have already parlayed into a HC position somewhere else had he left years ago.

Like to have him as a DC over Wade?

Wouldn't that be odd to grab em all. (Except Caldwell - don't need any blank stares on the sideline)

JDR - HC
GK - OC
WP - DC

Texecutioner
11-29-2011, 01:39 PM

Wouldn't that be odd to grab em all. (Except Caldwell - don't need any blank stares on the sideline)

JDR - HC
GK - OC
WP - DC

Boy, I would love that lineup Ozzo!!! :ant:

Doppelganger
11-29-2011, 01:40 PM
National exposure. Small market teams don't tend to get as much exposure. Facing LA or NY or Chicago twice a year beats a trip to Jville or Nashvegas as far as National excitement goes.

But the Packers and the Colts are small market teams that have been uber successful. We were in a division with a QB who is on the short list of greatest of all time and we still barely made press. I feel being a competitive team generates media. Buffalo plays NE, Miami, and the Jets each year. Unless they are playing well, they don't get positive press.

houstonspartan
11-29-2011, 01:40 PM

JDR - HC
GK - OC
WP - DC

I'd take that line up in a second. I have always believed that Del Rio was a better head coach than Kubiak.

Texecutioner
11-29-2011, 01:42 PM
You Texan fans haven't done anything in your short time in the NFL. Your team plays cheap!... I don't call it out, it's football! You Texan fans post like your team is like the Patriots...I remember the years of whiney posts...Carr-Robo copter-fire Kubie-I can go on and on! "Shaft" your head in your rectum, dude! I haven't whined all day or ever on this MB. Good luck in the playoff's!

The Texans are pretty stacked on both sides of the ball now and are set to have a few good seasons going forward. The question is whether or not if Kubiak can continue to lead this team to success like he has so far this year. There will never be an injury plagued season like this year though. This is historic. But you're right, we've had nothing but stormy seasons in the first 9 years of our history. Hopefully that is changing now though.

Doppelganger
11-29-2011, 01:44 PM

JDR - HC
GK - OC
WP - DC

JDR and WP wouldn't work well together. One runs a 3-4 the other a 4-3.

houstonspartan
11-29-2011, 01:46 PM
The Texans are pretty stacked on both sides of the ball now and are set to have a few good seasons going forward. The question is whether or not if Kubiak can continue to lead this team to success like he has so far this year. There will never be an injury plagued season like this year though. This is historic. But you're right, we've had nothing but stormy seasons in the first 9 years of our history. Hopefully that is changing now though.

The word "stormy" is an understatement. Good lord. Granted, we haven't had a bad as a stretch as Detroit, but, this fan base has been through some suffering.

Hardcore Texan
11-29-2011, 02:06 PM

This would be new information to me. You got some facts to back that up or is just an assertion because the OL cut blocks?

We are familiar with the jags players crying that the Texans play dirty but that don't count as that is just over reacting butt hurt on display.

Hookem Horns
11-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Your team plays cheap!...

Well, McNair has had the reputation of being cheap. However I am not sure where we stand on salaries opposed to other teams. However if you are right it looks like McNair is getting a bargain for having cheap players who are currently sitting at 8-3.

One thing is for sure our current starting QB is probably the cheapest in the league right now. He is probably playing for close to league minimum.

Vinny
11-29-2011, 02:41 PM
But the Packers and the Colts are small market teams that have been uber successful. We were in a division with a QB who is on the short list of greatest of all time and we still barely made press. I feel being a competitive team generates media. Buffalo plays NE, Miami, and the Jets each year. Unless they are playing well, they don't get positive press.

I don't think you understand how much more press the NY/Chicago/Boston/Philly, etc... teams get when they are as good as the Packers are and the Colts were and the long, long histories that each franchise has. Even in mediocre years the big media center teams (and who they play) get more exposure than the smaller market clubs with similar seasons. The season is only 16 games long and having two more big market matchups is roughly 13% of the schedule.

A couple of more big market games that have a larger appeal Nationally gives this team more National exposure since there is broader interest in the larger market teams. A Colts - Texans matchup in years where each team is good but not excellent is no match for NE vs NY or Washington playing the Eagles as far as media exposure goes. The media will focus on the teams with the larger markets when all else is equal. If we were in the NFC East we'd be talked about more than we are now because we would be in a division of big market clubs.

Vinny
11-29-2011, 02:44 PM
You Texan fans haven't done anything in your short time in the NFL. Your team plays cheap!... I don't call it out, it's football! You Texan fans post like your team is like the Patriots...I remember the years of whiney posts...Carr-Robo copter-fire Kubie-I can go on and on! "Shaft" your head in your rectum, dude! I haven't whined all day or ever on this MB. Good luck in the playoff's!there's no crying in football pards.

houstonspartan
11-29-2011, 02:48 PM
I don't think you understand how much more press the NY/Chicago/Boston/Philly, etc... teams get when they are as good as the Packers are and the Colts were and the long, long histories that each franchise has. Even in mediocre years the big media center teams (and who they play) get more exposure than the smaller market clubs with similar seasons. The season is only 16 games long and having two more big market matchups is roughly 13% of the schedule.

A couple of more big market games that have a larger appeal Nationally gives this team more National exposure since there is broader interest in the larger market teams. A Colts - Texans matchup in years where each team is good but not excellent is no match for NE vs NY or Washington playing the Eagles as far as media exposure goes. The media will focus on the teams with the larger markets when all else is equal. If we were in the NFC East we'd be talked about more than we are now because we would be in a division of big market clubs.

Again: yep. Agree. That's how the shitty Chicago Cubs gets so much press all the time and why their games always draw big.

Double Barrel
11-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Your team plays cheap!...

What position do you play? :thinking:

Oh right, you're a fan parroting some nonsense spewed by bitter players on a crappy team. :listening

Interesting that the Texans were not called cheap/dirty by the Ravens or Steelers this season. And your team never said a thing when the Texans sucked.

But all that aside, I do hope that the Jags stay in J-ville. Seeing fans lose their team just sucks, especially experiencing it ourselves. There is only one fanbase that I'd like to see suffer through that experience, and that's our fellow AFC South rivals in Tennessee.

thunderkyss
11-29-2011, 08:11 PM
I wouldn't be shocked to see Miami, San Diego and St. Louis can their coaches over the next few weeks, with Philly being a strong possibility.

What's going on in St. Louis?

Things were going so well for them last year. They took a "nice" step towards respectability last year & seemed like they were on the right track.

What happened?

thunderkyss
11-29-2011, 08:26 PM

I think maybe you're selling the Jag's talent a little short, like we always do. Maurice Jones Drew isn't rushing for a career 4.6 ypc without talent around him. He's not rushing for 1000 yards for 4 consecutive years without talent around him. Byron Leftwhich wasn't going to do what he did without talent. & Brunnel was a damn fine QB in his days.

In the AFC Central, they were as successful if not more than the Colts (iirc).

Maybe he stayed in Jacksonville too long... I can buy that. After so long, it's hard to sell the s.o.s. to the same group of guys.

houstonspartan
11-30-2011, 03:07 AM
Uh oh. I just heard that the NFL is not only behind the sale of the team, but they have worked dilligently behind the scenes to ensure that this process goes smoothly.

Sounds like Roger Goddell and the other NFL owners really want this guy to have this team.

That tells me one thing: They are all setting up for a move to Los Angeles. They will keep the team in Jacksonville for a year, maybe two, just long enough to clear any legal hurdles from buying out the lease to prevent getting sued by the city. Then, once all that is done, the Jags are headed to California. Bet on it.

infantrycak
11-30-2011, 01:44 PM
ProFootballTalk is conjecturing a two team move - the Rams to LA and the Jags to St. Louis.

GP
11-30-2011, 02:57 PM
Uh oh. I just heard that the NFL is not only behind the sale of the team, but they have worked dilligently behind the scenes to ensure that this process goes smoothly.

Sounds like Roger Goddell and the other NFL owners really want this guy to have this team.

That tells me one thing: They are all setting up for a move to Los Angeles. They will keep the team in Jacksonville for a year, maybe two, just long enough to clear any legal hurdles from buying out the lease to prevent getting sued by the city. Then, once all that is done, the Jags are headed to California. Bet on it.

Nailed it.

IDEXAN
11-30-2011, 03:05 PM
ProFootballTalk is conjecturing a two team move - the Rams to LA and the Jags to St. Louis.
Wouldn't it be easier and much more cost effective to just move the Jags to LA, leave the Rams in St Louie, and then swap nicknames ?

houstonspartan
11-30-2011, 03:42 PM
Nailed it.

I've also always heard that other NFL owners wanted a Los Angeles owner with deep pockets, and that they would never trusted Wayne Weaver with such a lucrative market.

This guy is a flat-out gazillionare and can easily handle bringing in even more cash to the league via Los Angeles.

It's all making sense.

infantrycak
11-30-2011, 03:46 PM
Wouldn't it be easier and much more cost effective to just move the Jags to LA, leave the Rams in St Louie, and then swap nicknames ?

Maybe but teams have history. You aren't going to send the Jags to LA and then hang the Rams ring of honor up in the stadium.

houstonspartan
11-30-2011, 03:51 PM
Maybe but teams have history. You aren't going to send the Jags to LA and then hang the Rams ring of honor up in the stadium.

Lol. Totally agree. Then again, the Texans frequently honor former Oilers (which I still don't get), so I guess anything is possible. Lol.

Vinny
12-01-2011, 10:12 AM

That would be awful for the fans. It would be like moving the Texans to LA then moving the Titans back to town. I think there would be a revolt around here.

El Tejano
12-01-2011, 10:18 AM
That would be awful for the fans. It would be like moving the Texans to LA then moving the Titans back to town. I think there would be a revolt around here.

Yeah that would suck. Especially if Adams came back with them.

False Start
12-01-2011, 11:20 AM

I can definitely see that scenario playing out.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/lajags2.png

infantrycak
12-01-2011, 11:59 AM
I can definitely see that scenario playing out.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/lajags2.png

The Jags are the perfect team to move to LA from a mascot standpoint. Jaguars are huge in central and south American culture. Obviously the Rams have history there and that mascot can work everywhere. Then there are the Vikings and that is a huge problem. LA Vikings just doesn't work and how do you give up all that tradition?

False Start
12-01-2011, 04:23 PM
The Jags are the perfect team to move to LA from a mascot standpoint. Jaguars are huge in central and south American culture. Obviously the Rams have history there and that mascot can work everywhere. Then there are the Vikings and that is a huge problem. LA Vikings just doesn't work and how do you give up all that tradition?

No doubt. LA Jaguars just sounds right. Its not like the Utah Jazz, or LA Lakers.

Hardcore Texan
12-01-2011, 05:31 PM
No doubt. LA Jaguars just sounds right. Its not like the Utah Jazz, or LA Lakers.

Reminds me of that scene in the beginning of BasketBall......."the oilers moved to Tennessee where this is no oil".