PDA

View Full Version : Road to the Superbowl goes through TJ Yates

aussie_texan
11-29-2011, 06:35 AM
If the playoffs started today, the quarterback of the highest-seeded team in the AFC would be T.J. Yates(notes). The road to the Super Bowl would go through T.J. Yates...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/T-J-Yates-2011-Super-Bowl-champion-?urn=nfl-wp12759

srrono
11-29-2011, 06:49 AM
Superbowl really? I think we should worry about Yates vs ATL.

phantom17
11-29-2011, 08:00 AM
What's up with all these Super Bowl talk! The Texans haven't ever been to a play-off! Just take it one game-at-a-time & take care of business!:texflag:

ObsiWan
11-29-2011, 08:36 AM
If the playoffs started today, the quarterback of the highest-seeded team in the AFC would be T.J. Yates(notes). The road to the Super Bowl would go through T.J. Yates...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/T-J-Yates-2011-Super-Bowl-champion-?urn=nfl-wp12759

Good find.
The more I read about Yates, the better I feel about him starting.

EVOLVIST
11-29-2011, 09:48 AM
What's up with all these Super Bowl talk! The Texans haven't ever been to a play-off! Just take it one game-at-a-time & take care of business!:texflag:

Yes, Superbowl! You, the team, the media, my greasy granny...you guys can say "One game at a time" all you want, but if every man on the team isn't thinking Superbowl from the moment they hit OTAs every year, then they're already sunk.

Hell, what kid lays in bed at night and dreams of being on an 0-16 NFL team?

No, the Texans should be expecting Superbowl every year.

:texflag:

Playoffs
11-29-2011, 09:51 AM
Playoffs???

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/9013775-large.jpg

Kimmy
11-29-2011, 10:09 AM
Playoffs???

http://www.giantsgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/playoffs.jpg

Too bad photoshop doesn't have spell check LOL

Dutchrudder
11-29-2011, 10:12 AM
More like "The road to the Superbowl goes through the Texans Defense"

But keep pumping the Yates koolaide.

silentassassin
11-29-2011, 11:40 AM

It all seems a little underhanded. /Begin Conspiracy mode: We're seeing all this "better off" and "Super Bowl goes through Yates" stuff as sort of sarcastic or underhanded teasing, kind of like a slap in the face. /End Conspiracy mode.

However, I do believe in T.J., but I am more of an optimist than a realist when it comes to the home team.

Ktexan68
11-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Did you not watch the game on Sunday? We are a drastically different team without Schaub in the game. It sucks that after all this time (and 10 years of season tickets) we're going into the playoffs with almost no chance but you have to be honest with yourself.

WhoDey14
11-29-2011, 12:00 PM
He can do it, have faith in him and the team!

Ktexan68
11-29-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm a fan and I'll cheer loud and proud for TJ but you have to have realistic expectations.

aussie_texan
11-29-2011, 11:04 PM
the article never says we are going to the super bowl.
its just a catchy title which really means, at the moment we are the number 1 seed in the AFC so if any other team wants to go to the Super Bowl they will have to play TJ yates. its just a little article about tj nothing else

Showtime100
11-30-2011, 12:42 AM
Yes, Superbowl! You, the team, the media, my greasy granny...you guys can say "One game at a time" all you want, but if every man on the team isn't thinking Superbowl from the moment they hit OTAs every year, then they're already sunk.

Hell, what kid lays in bed at night and dreams of being on an 0-16 NFL team?

No, the Texans should be expecting Superbowl every year.

:texflag:

Not getting it, man, but we are actually sort of alike. "One game at a time" is the road to the Super Bowl. You know, your tomorrow is shaped by your actions today - sort of thing.

Don't get me wrong, we both think towards the same goal, but take different roads to get there, at least as fans we do.

Scoobs
11-30-2011, 11:38 AM
First post, been a Texans fan since '02 and have spent many afternoons watching crappy, choppy streams because Texans games aren't on TV very often up here in Canada... but from what I've seen of this team, I'm not that concerned about the QB.

Yeah, it's the most important position on a football team, but this Texans team is designed so that if a QB plays within himself, they should stand a good chance of winning. I look at teams like Indy and realize that they're a team that is designed around a QB... Look what happened when you took out Manning. Sure, he's one of the best QBs in the game, but taking out one player shouldn't leave you winless.

Houston is well rounded enough that they don't need to rely on the passing game to win. They probably won't run the table until the end of the year, but I think they'll do a lot better than people think.

Texcore
11-30-2011, 11:46 AM
Really?

I kind of liked when we were flying undre the radar....

disaacks3
11-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Did you not watch the game on Sunday? We are a drastically different team without Schaub in the game. It sucks that after all this time (and 10 years of season tickets) we're going into the playoffs with almost no chance but you have to be honest with yourself.

I'm a fan and I'll cheer loud and proud for TJ but you have to have realistic expectations.

...and what "realistic expectation" can you have after seeing TJ Yates for barely over one half and Kubiak forcing him to do nothing but hand off the ball?

We'll get a better feel for the "real" TJ Yates after this game, unless Kubiak keeps the handcuffs on. (In which case, the team is doomed anyway)

Corrosion
11-30-2011, 12:14 PM
]...and what "realistic expectation" can you have [/B]after seeing TJ Yates for barely over one half and Kubiak forcing him to do nothing but hand off the ball?

We'll get a better feel for the "real" TJ Yates after this game, unless Kubiak keeps the handcuffs on. (In which case, the team is doomed anyway)

I'd like to base my expectations on what we saw him do coming in cold at the end of the first half .... He looked like a quality NFL QB.

After that , we all know Gary slammed on the breaks to make sure Yates didnt get broke.

No matter , he didnt make any mistakes outside of the intentional grounding penalty.

As long as he doesnt look like Commander Cody ....

Air Canada
12-01-2011, 12:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0uJ6Qofzwc&feature=endscreen&NR=1

That Yates swag.... :smiliedance: