PDA

View Full Version : Sage Rosenfels could be the answer

srrono
11-28-2011, 08:20 AM
Sage Rosenfels according to 790am is in negotiations of a release with miami he would still have to clear waviers. If wavied would Tenn claim him to block the Texans?

TimeKiller
11-28-2011, 08:25 AM
Sage could be the answer to the following question:

Which QB is responsible for the single most embarrassing performance a Houston Texan has ever put on?

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
11-28-2011, 08:26 AM
Sage is having a physical today with the Dolphins. If he passes the physical, the Dolphins are going to cut him. They aren't sure if Sage at that point would have to pass through waivers or if he would be allowed to sign with the team of his choosing.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
11-28-2011, 08:27 AM

Which QB is responsible for the single most embarrassing performance a Houston Texan has ever put on?

And I would still rather start him over Yates and any QB available to us right now.

Texan_Bill
11-28-2011, 08:28 AM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/11/12/128710041077334082.jpg

Start SAGE!!!

TimeKiller
11-28-2011, 08:51 AM
And I would still rather start him over Yates and any QB available to us right now.

Based on what?

Porky
11-28-2011, 08:55 AM
I would love to see Sage back in a Texans uni. I can't believe I just said that. Desparate times call for desparate measures. Yes, he is prone to carelessness (Rosencopter anyone) but he knows the system, had a winning record while here, has experience, and can actually make some plays out there. EASILY bests Yates and I would actually rather have him then dink and dunk Leinart. He is at least slightly better than HTM imo because he will throw downfield, use #80 and put more points on the board. He will also make more brain dead decisions, but I would rather have someone making plays out there then farting around doing nothing.

Hervoyel
11-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Everyone stop for a second and ask yourself this question: "After adding the word "Rosencopter" to the English language does anyone really think that Sage would ever do anything that stupid again?"

I don't believe he would. I believe he has knowledge of our offense, the ability to step in and manage a game, and enough arm to make the throws required to keep defenses from stacking the line and shutting down Foster & Tate.

That's really all that we could ask for at this point. It's certainly all we're going to get. Every complaint I hear about every proposed free agent from Brett Favre all the way down to Brian Brohm adds up to "Yeah well do you have a better idea?" and the answer to that, to each and every one of us is "Hell no you don't". I don't either. We are 11 games into the season. All the choices that make any sense are gone. This is a Danny DeVito in "War of The Roses" moment. "There's no winning here. Just degrees of losing". Every single name we throw out there is going to be covered in warts. If said player didn't have problems then he wouldn't be ready to sign a vet-minimum contract as soon as you could get a pen in his hand.

So Favre is old and he sends pictures of his dick to people. Garcia is old and hasn't played in the league since 2008. Croyle has never done a single meaningful thing in his entire career at this level. Bust, Bum, Loser, Grandpa, take your pick.

Sage has more going for him in this situation than anyone else on the friggin planet.

Rey
11-28-2011, 09:54 AM
I'd bring Sage in and would not think twice about it.

If you want Yates to get first dibs as the starter...Fine...

But it'd make me feel a little better about the situation if Sage was on the roster behind him.

HJam72
11-28-2011, 09:54 AM
Honestly, I'm not even so sure we should have ever let him go. I think he just ticked off the fan-base with one really bad decision, which actually took a lot of guts.

srrono
11-28-2011, 09:57 AM
Honestly, I'm not even so sure we should have ever let him go. I think he just ticked off the fan-base with one really bad decision, which actually took a lot of guts.

With our def and run game Sage should not have to take the chances he did back then, I mean the Texans were always playing from behind back then.

drunkcookie
11-28-2011, 10:01 AM
I don't think there's any question, they absolutely have to get Sage if he's there... But would he clear waivers all of the way to the Texans? Maybe we should have "Failed for 'Fels" yesterday...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

mussop
11-28-2011, 10:01 AM
Wow just got a message that said Sage is set to sign. how weird wod it be if he came in and led us to a superbowl? This has been a wild season!

False Start
11-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Get it done. I would much rather have him than any of the other options right now.

Wolf
11-28-2011, 10:04 AM
Sage would be better than what we have

pirbroke
11-28-2011, 10:05 AM
I am a a Sage fan, I mean who else can impersonate a helicopter. Make it happen Rick.

Buffi2
11-28-2011, 10:05 AM
My question is - why is Miami, of all teams, getting rid of him. It isn't as if they have a winning record (3-8). If he was worth anything, wouldn't they put him behind center?

Rosencopter does know the system, however, and right now that is priceless.

I guess if we do pick him up, I'll have to stop adding copter to his name.:cool:

Mailman
11-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Is he even eligible to return? He was placed on the reserve/non-football injury list by Miami. I'm not certain, but I was under the assumption no player could return to active status once placed on reserve.

HJam72
11-28-2011, 10:07 AM
:texflag: :roflcopter: :fans:

He should land at Reliant in a chopper, LOL.

TejasTom
11-28-2011, 10:08 AM
With our def and run game Sage should not have to take the chances he did back then, I mean the Texans were always playing from behind back then.

I agree I think Sage can win on this team.

HOU-TEX
11-28-2011, 10:09 AM
My question is - why is Miami, of all teams, getting rid of him. It isn't as if they have a winning record (3-8). If he was worth anything, wouldn't they put him behind center?

Rosencopter does know the system, however, and right now that is priceless.

I guess if we do pick him up, I'll have to stop adding copter to his name.:cool:

Why? That's what he's know for around here. Until he can prove otherwise..

PHAROAH
11-28-2011, 10:13 AM
Sage is no better than TJ Yates talent wise he just has more experience and I don't think he is that good.

Mr. White
11-28-2011, 10:14 AM
Sage was a damn solid backup when he was here. I'd take him in a heartbeat. He's also a known quantity.

We need to consider every option out there right now at QB. Anyone who is 100% sold on TJ Yates at this point is a delusional homer.

False Start
11-28-2011, 10:14 AM
Sage Rosenfels could spin back to Houston (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/28/sage-rosenfels-could-spin-back-to-houston/)

Sage Rosenfels is currently on the reserve/non-football injury list on the Dolphins roster.

It sounds like he may not be there for long.

A reader asked SIís Peter King on Twitter Monday about a report on a Houston radio station that the Dolphins will release Rosenfels, so that he can sign with the Texans.

King says that report is true.

Buffi2
11-28-2011, 10:17 AM
I answered my own question.

The Dolphins will reportedly release Sage Rosenfels (reserve/non-football illness list) so he can sign with the Texans.
Rosenfels has been hampered by a mysterious blood infection while with the Giants and Dolphins this season. If healthy, he'd certainly be an asset to a Texans team that has lost starter Matt Schaub (foot) and backup Matt Leinart (collarbone). Rosenfels spent three seasons with the Texans, starting 10 games between 2006 and 2008. Note that he'd be subject to waivers if the Dolphins do elect to release him. Regardless, T.J. Yates is locked in as the Texans' starter for the immediate future.

link (http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/1276/sage-rosenfels)

CloakNNNdagger
11-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Everyone stop for a second and ask yourself this question: "After adding the word "Rosencopter" to the English language does anyone really think that Sage would ever do anything that stupid again?"

I don't believe he would. I believe he has knowledge of our offense, the ability to step in and manage a game, and enough arm to make the throws required to keep defenses from stacking the line and shutting down Foster & Tate.

That's really all that we could ask for at this point. It's certainly all we're going to get. Every complaint I hear about every proposed free agent from Brett Favre all the way down to Brian Brohm adds up to "Yeah well do you have a better idea?" and the answer to that, to each and every one of us is "Hell no you don't". I don't either. We are 11 games into the season. All the choices that make any sense are gone. This is a Danny DeVito in "War of The Roses" moment. "There's no winning here. Just degrees of losing". Every single name we throw out there is going to be covered in warts. If said player didn't have problems then he wouldn't be ready to sign a vet-minimum contract as soon as you could get a pen in his hand.

So Favre is old and he sends pictures of his dick to people. Garcia is old and hasn't played in the league since 2008. Croyle has never done a single meaningful thing in his entire career at this level. Bust, Bum, Loser, Grandpa, take your pick.

Sage has more going for him in this situation than anyone else on the friggin planet.

But it'd make me feel a little better about the situation if Sage was on the roster behind him.

I, too, would welcome Sage with open arms. I question, though, if there have been too many bridges burned..........I hope not.

ThaShark316
11-28-2011, 10:18 AM
As long as he didn't turn it over, we cool.

SAGE!!!!

Big Lou
11-28-2011, 10:18 AM

The minute Hot Tub went down I googled Sage not knowing where he was at. When I saw he was in Miami, I thought oh well, go TJ, then I thought maybe Miami might "Orton" him and thought no way it happens, then I read first thing he might be headed to Houston.

Sage played well when here, minus some boneheaded plays. However know we have a running game, and a DEFENSE!!!! I hope this happens it will make football exciting again!!!!

Big Lou
11-28-2011, 10:20 AM
I answered my own question.

link (http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/1276/sage-rosenfels)

Mysterious blood infection??????

DexmanC
11-28-2011, 10:26 AM

Looks like "The Rosencopter" is in his blood. Too bad they diagnosed him AFTER he
was no longer playing with the Texans.

Dread-Head
11-28-2011, 10:47 AM
:thinking: On ONE hand I'm still pissed at Sage for giving the Giants a breakdown of the Texans offense that time they played after he got cut...on the OTHER hand, the infamous "Rosencopter" play at least illustrates that in that Raider game in which defeat was ripped from the jaws of victory he would have had the balls to have gone for it and the Texans would have at least attempted to have won that game in the closing seconds. But that's just one guys opinion.

HJam72
11-28-2011, 10:48 AM
:thinking: On ONE hand I'm still pissed at Sage for giving the Giants a breakdown of the Texans offense that time they played after he got cut...on the OTHER hand, the infamous "Rosencopter" play at least illustrates that in that Raider game in which defeat was ripped from the jaws of victory he would have had the balls to have gone for it and the Texans would have at least attempted to have won that game in the closing seconds. But that's just one guys opinion.

At least Rosencopter would have fumbled into the endzone and gave us a chance, LOL.

TexanSam
11-28-2011, 10:49 AM
PLEASE let this happen!!!!

conundrum
11-28-2011, 10:50 AM
At the beginning of this season, who would have thought after a victory that put our record at 8-3, panic would take over and we would be interested in starting the Miami Dolphins 3rd string QB. :toropalm:

Honestly, I liked what I say out of Yates yesterday before being hancuffed in the 2nd half. He looked confident, had a zip on his passes. The main thing is going to be getting his timing down with receivers.

HJam72
11-28-2011, 10:50 AM
PLEASE let this happen!!!!

Agreed.

Maddict5
11-28-2011, 10:53 AM
wtf at the timing? somehow i dont think its coincidental. remember this in april when we trade our 4th rd pick for a 5th & 7th or something. the unofficial trade deadline continues....

i like the pickup if hes healthy. blood infection sounds like something that might affect performance though???

TexanSam
11-28-2011, 10:54 AM
I wonder what the chances are of him actually coming here though. He has to pass waivers first...

michaelm
11-28-2011, 11:05 AM
The Rosencopter game notwithstanding, Sage is 100% the best option for this team, and it's not even debatable, IMO.

Now that my opinion is stated, is this really a realistic possibility?
Is is a case of Sage being cut, or waived? Is there a difference between the two, and will he have to pass through a waiver process?
If there is a waiver process, It's hard for me to imagine him making it all the way through to the #1 seed in the AFC...
Am I missing something?

BullNation4Life
11-28-2011, 11:06 AM

would also be the answer to one of the greatest comebacks that ended in a loss for the Texans...Remember the Titans performance he put on.Had it not been for Robinson giving up the big play late, Texans may have on that game.

CloakNNNdagger
11-28-2011, 11:07 AM

When I researched this, I found that Sage had experienced a severe Strep throat which was followed by a severe "back" problem which led him to be placed on IR by the Giants and then released on October 4th. He was then picked up by the Dolphins. The unique facts of his Strep case is that he was hospitalized bedridden for most of August for it. This was not a simple case of Strep throat. In fact, this "mysterious blood infection" could readily refer to a Strep infection that spread through the bloodstream to cause a complication of a spinal meningitis type of problem, which would have certainly been able to account for his back symptoms among other things. My guess is, if this is indeed the case, it is not probably one of those diagnoses that would be shared publicly.

BullNation4Life
11-28-2011, 11:10 AM
If he is released, Texans will never get a shot at him. Not quite sure where the Texans are in the waiver wire but Tennessee or even the Bears will pick him up before the Texans get a chance....

He would be the best fit for the team....

Errant Hothy
11-28-2011, 11:12 AM
If he is released, Texans will never get a shot at him. Not quite sure where the Texans are in the waiver wire but Tennessee or even the Bears will pick him up before the Texans get a chance....

He would be the best fit for the team....

Not sure that Sage has to go through waivers due to contract, veteran status and such. Nobody seems to have a clear answer on this.

Thorn
I can't believe folks want Sage back. Desperate times and all that I suppose, but damn, Sage?

TimeKiller
This is hilarious.

I say again, BASED ON WHAT?!?

"He knows the offense" = correction, he knew the offense in 2008. Let's all pretend like there's nothing different after 3 seasons.

I know what it is. It's based on you recognizing his name. Known quantity....even though we all know that quantity sucks big donkey balls.

People pining for Sage Rosenfels in 2011. I've seen it all. I'd rather see direct snaps to Foster the rest of the season, forgoing a QB than watch Sage Rosenfels take another snap. Add "mysterious blood infection" the phrase "if healthy" and 3 years to ol' Sagencoptor and suddenly Texans fans are right back in 2008, wishing he was starting. Unreal.

Playoffs
11-28-2011, 11:15 AM
When I researched this, I found that Sage had experienced a severe Strep throat which was followed by a severe "back" problem which led him to be placed on IR by the Giants and then released on October 4th. He was then picked up by the Dolphins. The unique facts of his Strep case is that he was hospitalized bedridden for most of August for it. This was not a simple case of Strep throat. In fact, this "mysterious blood infection" could readily refer to a Strep infection that spread through the bloodstream to cause a complication of a spinal meningitis type of problem, which would have certainly been able to account for his back symptoms among other things. My guess is, if this is indeed the case, it is not probably one of those diagnoses that would be shared publicly.
What would be the ongoing implications of this?

What kind of shape can he be in???

TimeKiller
11-28-2011, 11:16 AM
would also be the answer to one of the greatest comebacks that ended in a loss for the Texans...Remember the Titans performance he put on.Had it not been for Robinson giving up the big play late, Texans may have on that game.

Yeah, I remember them LOSING. To quote another fan favorite who kinda sucked, Ephraim Salaam: "If if's were fifths, we'd all be drunk."

Over Robinson. Another fan favorite who kinda sucked. Should we bring him back too?

TexanSam
11-28-2011, 11:16 AM
This is hilarious.

"He knows the offense" = correction, he knew the offense in 2008. Let's all pretend like there's nothing different after 3 seasons.

I know what it is. It's based on you recognizing his name. Known quantity....even though we all know that quantity sucks big donkey balls.

People pining for Sage Rosenfels in 2011. I've seen it all. I'd rather see direct snaps to Foster the rest of the season, forgoing a QB than watch Sage Rosenfels take another snap. Add "mysterious blood infection" the phrase "if healthy" and 3 years to ol' Sagencoptor and suddenly Texans fans are right back in 2008, wishing he was starting. Unreal.

Rosenfels was not terrible when he stepped in for Schaub. Not great, but he played the QB position well enough. I would feel MUCH more confident in this team with Sage as QB than TJ Yates.

The offense may have changed some in 3 years, but Sage will still be familiar with the terminology and lingo of it all. Plus, the basic principles of the offense probably haven't changed much. It's not as if Kubiak completely reinvented the wheel between 08 and now.

Maddict5
11-28-2011, 11:19 AM
This is hilarious.

alright who are the better options out there?? (expecting tumbleweed)

he played well for a backup here... well enough that we got a 4th rounder for him. and alot of the offence remains intact. and he'll have a run game and D to rely on unlike last time

GP
11-28-2011, 11:21 AM
In honor of recent developments....

I must drop the Anybody But Kubiak 2012 signature pic and hereby begin wearing this Rosencopter sig I made back when the infamous event transpired.

Ah, Sage Rosenfels....we meet again!

Shaft75
11-28-2011, 11:21 AM
DO NOT MOTHA-EFFIN WANT

How dare you Texans fans to even bring the name Sage into the discussion...

Maddict5
11-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Yeah, I remember them LOSING. To quote another fan favorite who kinda sucked, Ephraim Salaam: "If if's were fifths, we'd all be drunk."

Over Robinson. Another fan favorite who kinda sucked. Should we bring him back too?

why are you fighting this? are you related to tj yates or something. i see no other possible reason. we're desperate. hes not the right answer but he's the best one thats left

BullNation4Life
11-28-2011, 11:23 AM

If it means putting Jackson on the bench, heeeeeelll yes you bring Robinson back..

as for Sage, don't recall Sage playing defense and giving up field position for Boronias to kick his 8th FG to win the gm...

GP
11-28-2011, 11:23 AM
Why is there not an NFL "reporter" out there who will determine if Sage is released and becomes a free agent or if he has to pass through waivers to get to us??? Is it THAT hard for reporters to find out?

I'm OK with it. He tried to make a play when the Texans were doormats of the AFC South, the play almost worked. Chris Brown, Glover Quin, and Ron Dayne have just as dubious of a distinction in Texans Folklore when it comes to those type of moments. Relax.

steelbtexan
11-28-2011, 11:26 AM
wtf at the timing? somehow i dont think its coincidental. remember this in april when we trade our 4th rd pick for a 5th & 7th or something. the unofficial trade deadline continues....

i like the pickup if hes healthy. blood infection sounds like something that might affect performance though???

He will have to pass a physical before he signs with another team.

A 7th rder if anything at all.

mussop
11-28-2011, 11:26 AM
Wouldn't it suck if Tennessee picked him of waivers just to keep us from getting him. Hell he might not even be the same player that left here. He certainly hasn't done jack squat since he's left. Look at who has beaten him out in the last few years. Yuk!

BullNation4Life
11-28-2011, 11:28 AM
This is hilarious.

the ONLY thing that has changed in the offense in 3 years is the running game. Terminology is the same and the scheme is the same. Hell that is why Kubiak brought in Clemens, because he knew the terminology of the scheme.

Sage would be the best option if A: Texans can get him and B: Yates falls apart...Nobody wants him to start of Schaub, but might be a better option to start over a Rookie...

panamamyers
11-28-2011, 11:29 AM
If he's any where close to what he was the first time around, then I would feel MUCH more confident than with Yates.

Rosenfels won more games than he lost as our starter the first go around.
That was with a worse team than we have now.
I would have been in favor of Rosenfels over Leinart actually.

BullNation4Life
11-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Wouldn't it suck if Tennessee picked him of waivers just to keep us from getting him. Hell he might not even be the same player that left here. He certainly hasn't done jack squat since he's left. Look at who has beaten him out in the last few years. Yuk!

Well to Sage's defense, he was the #1 option in Minnesota the year they picked up Favre to start. He had beat out Jackson but was blindsided by management due the One Man Sideshow that is Brett Favre....

Corrosion
11-28-2011, 11:31 AM
Wouldn't it suck if Tennessee picked him of waivers just to keep us from getting him.

While it would be reasonable to expect a team to make a move like that to block a rival .... They would have to clear a roster spot to do it. Its not as easy as just claiming him .... possible , sure.

If they were to claim him and put him on the roster the Texans would be forced to go in another direction ..... who would that be ? I dunno. But that player would likely be no better or worse than Rosenfels .... and the team who claimed him would be wasting a roster spot in the process.

infantrycak
11-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Not sure that Sage has to go through waivers due to contract, veteran status and such. Nobody seems to have a clear answer on this.

There is a certain deadline in the season (sorry don't know exactly which week). Before it, vets with more than four accrued seasons who are released do not have to pass through waivers. After it (and we have passed it), they do.

Corrosion
11-28-2011, 11:38 AM
There is a certain deadline in the season (sorry don't know exactly which week). Before it, vets with more than four accrued seasons who are released do not have to pass through waivers. After it (and we have passed it), they do.

I believe that coincides with the trade deadline.

CloakNNNdagger
11-28-2011, 11:41 AM

In general, if this was a spinal meningitis problem, it could leave him with any number of short term , long term or permanent sequelae to deal with. These could include, balance, movement, coordination, various levels of paralysis or weakness, seizures, hearing, visual and even mental acuity problems. Of course, there are patients that recover with very little permanent residual effects.

Maddict5
11-28-2011, 11:43 AM

bud adams would never do that to houston :choke:

hopefully our good relations with munchak and co would stop such a dirty move

well seeing as orton had to pass thru waivers and his >4 years are accrued, sage will have to do the same. time to start crossing fingers and toes

Wolf
11-28-2011, 11:43 AM
At this point, I see sage as the best option with who we can pick up. After watching the second half of the game yesterday, the offense was ran carresque where we played field position and basically took the ball out of qbs hand to make mistakes

Rey
11-28-2011, 11:45 AM
Sage is Houston:

2006: 27-39, 69% cmp, 265 yards, 3 TD, 1 int, 6.8 YPA, 0 starts 4 games

2007: 154-240, 64% cmp, 1684 yards, 15 TD, 12 int, 7.0 YPA, 4 starts 9 games

2008: 116-174, 67% cmp, 1431 yards, 6 TD, 10 int, 8.2 YPA, 5 starts 6 games

Has not played much/at all since leaving Houston.

But the numbers pretty much confirmed what my eyes told me. Slung the ball around. Made some mistakes. Did some good things.

At this stage in his career and with the team we have around him I think Sage would be a good addition to this team.

Jackie Chiles
11-28-2011, 11:47 AM
I believe Rosenfels made his ill-fated decision against the Colts in order to put a stamp on his claim to the starting QB gig. He put himself above the team and it cost us the game. With both Matts done for the year he shouldn't feel the need to play above his limits and have a brain fart of that magnitude again. He was also turnover prone but these were the days when we didn't have much of a running game and no defense to speak of. If you can look past those two things there is a lot to like. He had a good rapport with Dre, he knows the system, he throws TD passes and he throws the ball downfield (very solid YPA while he was here).

I know I'll never forget what he did against Indy that day but if he came in and won a playoff game I might just forgive the rascal. Having said that Tennessee will probably block the move anyway. Oh well.

srrono
11-28-2011, 11:49 AM
well if sage wants to come to HOU I think he can accept a injury settlement and be a free agent asap no waviers.

GP
11-28-2011, 12:03 PM
I believe Rosenfels made his ill-fated decision against the Colts in order to put a stamp on his claim to the starting QB gig. He put himself above the team and it cost us the game. With both Matts done for the year he shouldn't feel the need to play above his limits and have a brain fart of that magnitude again. He was also turnover prone but these were the days when we didn't have much of a running game and no defense to speak of. If you can look past those two things there is a lot to like. He had a good rapport with Dre, he knows the system, he throws TD passes and he throws the ball downfield (very solid YPA while he was here).

I know I'll never forget what he did against Indy that day but if he came in and won a playoff game I might just forgive the rascal. Having said that Tennessee will probably block the move anyway. Oh well.

I can't stand the "Rosenfels did what he did because he wanted the starting job" argument.

To me, it's just message board posters trying to co-sign Rosenfels into the "Start Sage!" vs. "Schaub is the man!" argument we've had on this board.

The guy was trying to win the game. Prior to that game, we had beaten the Colts ONCE in our whole lifespan as a team. NFL players are competitors first and foremost, and their desire to win comes through in the heat of the moment.

And you know what? Even if he DID have a desire to somehow stake a larger claim to a starting role as an NFL QB...at least he TRIED. At least he had the desire. How can he be blamed for that? Freaking Orlovsky couldn't even find his helmet when he was put into the game...that's how much Orlovsky desired to be a starting QB. But Sage is a dick for supposedly trying to win the game.

We need help. All hands on deck. We've come too far to wonder if TJ Yates can do it alone. If he gets injured, we are SCREWED for sure...and we might be screwed even IF he stays healthy out there. The addition of Sage would just be another plug in the hole of our sinking boat right now. That's it.

Maddict5
11-28-2011, 12:08 PM
well if sage wants to come to HOU I think he can accept a injury settlement and be a free agent asap no waviers.

is that right? cant find anything to confirm it. everythings ive seen says that if they pass thru waivers, then the injury settlement happens (and the player becomes a FA then)

Porky
11-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Sage is no better than TJ Yates talent wise he just has more experience and I don't think he is that good.

And you base this on what exactly? :thinking:

mussop
11-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Wouldn't it suck if Tennessee picked him of waivers just to keep us from getting him. Hell he might not even be the same player that left here. He certainly hasn't done jack squat since he's left. Look at who has beaten him out in the last few years.

CloakNNNdagger
11-28-2011, 12:12 PM

Well said. MSR

mussop
11-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Barry Warner just said sage would never wear a texans uni ever again. But he is such a huge D-Bag who knows if he's just talkin out his butt! I hope we sign him now just so I can call the show (610) and tell him he was wrong AGAIN.

Hervoyel
Wouldn't it suck if Tennessee picked him of waivers just to keep us from getting him. Hell he might not even be the same player that left here. He certainly hasn't done jack squat since he's left. Look at who has beaten him out in the last few years.

Yeah, what's up with that? Beaten out of a job by Brett Favre and Eli Manning! What kind of scrub doesn't start in front of those guys when coaches are flying down to Mississippi to woo them and using first round draft picks to get them?

As for Miami, well I think he got sick from the sound of things. Plus they don't seem capable of making a good decision there to begin with.

Maddict5

it would suck about the same amount as it wouldve 45 mins ago when post this exact msg on the last page ;)

i checked cos i thought i was suffering from deja vu

Porky
11-28-2011, 12:18 PM
In general, if this was a spinal meningitis problem, it could leave him with any number of short term , long term or permanent sequelae to deal with. These could include, balance, movement, coordination, various levels of paralysis or weakness, seizures, hearing, visual and even mental acuity problems. Of course, there are patients that recover with very little permanent residual effects.

Which still makes him our best option. :cow:

srrono
11-28-2011, 12:19 PM
is that right? cant find anything to confirm it. everythings ive seen says that if they pass thru waivers, then the injury settlement happens (and the player becomes a FA then)

you may be right lol i wish some one new for sure

Jackie Chiles
11-28-2011, 12:20 PM
I can't stand the "Rosenfels did what he did because he wanted the starting job" argument.

To me, it's just message board posters trying to co-sign Rosenfels into the "Start Sage!" vs. "Schaub is the man!" argument we've had on this board.

The guy was trying to win the game. Prior to that game, we had beaten the Colts ONCE in our whole lifespan as a team. NFL players are competitors first and foremost, and their desire to win comes through in the heat of the moment.

And you know what? Even if he DID have a desire to somehow stake a larger claim to a starting role as an NFL QB...at least he TRIED. At least he had the desire. How can he be blamed for that? Freaking Orlovsky couldn't even find his helmet when he was put into the game...that's how much Orlovsky desired to be a starting QB. But Sage is a dick for supposedly trying to win the game.

We need help. All hands on deck. We've come too far to wonder if TJ Yates can do it alone. If he gets injured, we are SCREWED for sure...and we might be screwed even IF he stays healthy out there. The addition of Sage would just be another plug in the hole of our sinking boat right now. That's it.

Then we agree on the big stuff, Sage can help this team right now. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion on the Rosencopter fiasco as am I.

Errant Hothy
11-28-2011, 12:20 PM

Is becoming a free agent due to an injury settlement be the same as being released?

TexansBull
11-28-2011, 12:23 PM
I don't see why it matters if we do or don't bring Sage in. We are arguing over who is the tallest midget in the room.

Yates know the system. Sage doesn't. Sage has experience. Yates doesn't. People are splitting hairs.

We are looking for a backup for the backup's backup. At this point, you aren't going to find much quality if any at all.

Maddict5
11-28-2011, 12:24 PM
Is becoming a free agent due to an injury settlement be the same as being released?

more or less

CloakNNNdagger
11-28-2011, 12:24 PM

Collective Bargaining Agreement, Article XII (Injury Protection), stipulates that an Injury Settlement with the player must be reached prior to his release.

ObsiWan
11-28-2011, 12:26 PM
Great Horny Toads!!

Cue the damned music (http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y)

I mean, how much farther into

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_JhAqW_gnI2k/TNJatf__c4I/AAAAAAAAAAQ/vkSTAzqJAjQ/s1600/Twilight+Zone+Movie.jpg

can this bizarro season get??

Maddict5
11-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Collective Bargaining Agreement, Article XII (Injury Protection), stipulates that an Injury Settlement with the player must be reached prior to his release.

well i suppose technically putting him on waivers isnt releasing. as i understand it, hes put on waivers, either gets picked up by somebody else (who picks up his contract) or returns to his original team who then negotiate a settlement and release the player

Errant Hothy
11-28-2011, 12:28 PM
more or less

Really? I thought the injury settlement would in essance settle his contract making him equal with all of the other street free agents around. Without a contract how would the waiver system work?

Pantherstang84
11-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Bud will pick him up just to screw Houston. Nice fantasy though.

The good thing is Rosenfels will have to occupy an active roster spot for the tacks.

ObsiWan
11-28-2011, 12:31 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/11/12/128710041077334082.jpg

Start SAGE!!!

Tell the truth Bill...

...it was YOU who called into 790 AM this morning and started this crapalanche wasn't it?

Come on, 'fess up!!
:foottap:
We know it was you!!

Maddict5
11-28-2011, 12:32 PM
Really? I thought the injury settlement would in essance settle his contract making him equal with all of the other street free agents around. Without a contract how would the waiver system work?

look at my last post just above yours. from what ive read, thats how i interpret the system to work i.e. the player is put on waivers before the injury settlement and release

not saying im def right but i havent seen anything to contradict it yet

CloakNNNdagger
11-28-2011, 12:33 PM

This might help out:

What is the difference between waived, cut and released?

All three terms are synonyms for termination of employment. The number of years of service in the NFL and the time of year has a lot to do with each term as it relates to individual players. A vested veteran player with four years of service will be handled differently from a player with less years of service. Keep in mind football does not have recallable waivers like the business model baseball works under.

Waived: A non-vested player (less than four years of service) who is terminated goes through waivers. When he is released another team can claim him within a certain period of time. A vested veteran only goes through the waiver system from the trading deadline in midseason through the end of the season. During the offseason and all the way up to the trading deadline, a vested veteran gets released.

Released: A vested veteran is free when he is terminated and can sign with any club. Keep in mind, if the termination takes place between the end of the trading deadline and the end of the calendar year, the player goes through waivers. A vested veteran released this time of year is free to sign with any team. For example, Duane Starks was terminated last week and he was not subjected to the waiver system.

Cut: Is an unofficial term for being terminated and one of the above two categories applies.LINK (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8085ee3e/article/even-in-the-offseason-nfl-education-never-ends)

ObsiWan
11-28-2011, 12:33 PM
But getting strep throat isn't the same as getting busted up while playing/practicing is it?

Why would the team owe him any sort of Injury Settlement for getting sick?

bckey
11-28-2011, 12:40 PM

The good thing is Rosenfels will have to occupy an active roster spot for the tacks.

This is what I think will happen also. Bud loves to screw Houston anytime he gets a chance. Thats why he took VY. Double rods from Bud. Hopefully the Texans can beat the possum piss outta the Titans in their regular season finale.

Thorn
11-28-2011, 12:41 PM
I can't believe this thread has gone on this long with so many serious posts in it. Or any of the QB fantasy threads. Unless Matty Hot Tub comes back, Yates is our starter until next season, and any other QBs that get signed will be warming the bench behind Yates.

CloakNNNdagger
11-28-2011, 12:45 PM
But getting strep throat isn't the same as getting busted up while playing/practicing is it?

Why would the team owe him any sort of Injury Settlement for getting sick?

The Non-Football Injury list, is functionally equivalent to PUP, but is used for players who are unable to practice as a result of conditions unrelated to football. For example, New England Patriots tackle Marcus Cannon began his rookie season on the NFI list as he recovered from chemotherapy for non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Settlement or release would be handled similarly to an injured player.

ObsiWan
11-28-2011, 12:48 PM
I can't believe this thread has gone on this long with so many serious posts in it. Or any of the QB fantasy threads. Unless Matty Hot Tub comes back, Yates is our starter until next season, and any other QBs that get signed will be warming the bench behind Yates.

I tend to agree with the other old guy...
I would think the Return of Rosenfels (that does sound like a Twilight Zone episode) would be more in a backup role than as a starter. Both he and Clemens will have to come up to speed on the 2011 edition of our offense. Clemens is familiar with the Shanny version and Rosey is familiar with the 2008 edition. Until both have the 2011 version down pat AND Yates' performance indicates that he isn't ready for prime time, I would think Yates is the starter.
my :twocents:

TexansFanatic
11-28-2011, 01:07 PM

If Houston really wants him and there is legitimate concern that another team could grab him off the waiver wire just to be jerks, why wouldn't they just give up a seventh round pick for him?

Maddict5
11-28-2011, 01:09 PM
If Houston really wants him and there is legitimate concern that another team could grab him off the waiver wire just to be jerks, why wouldn't they just give up a seventh round pick for him?

because the trade deadline has passed

srrono
11-28-2011, 01:09 PM

trade deadline was in week 6

BIG TORO
11-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Im hearing we signed him any one else?

Pantherstang84
11-28-2011, 01:18 PM

I am sure some thing is in the works for Miami if Rosenfels makes it down to the Texans. I just don't think he will.

Rusty Smith may be unemployed soon.

Errant Hothy
11-28-2011, 01:20 PM

Hearing from where?

srrono
11-28-2011, 01:23 PM

lol has not been released yet so NO he hasnt signed here yet

BIG TORO
11-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Hearing from where?

lol has not been released yet so NO he hasnt signed here yet

Just a friend nothing concrete, but he is usually right when he updates me. Thats why I wanted to know if anyone else had heard any thing.

Now he is saying its on rotoworld, but I don't see it.

texanmojo
11-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Just a friend nothing concrete, but he is usually right when he updates me. Thats why I wanted to know if anyone else had heard any thing.

Now he is saying its on rotoworld, but I don't see it.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=1276&line=221585&spln=1

Not exactyly definitive.

chicagotexan2
11-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Sage Rosenfels could be the answer

Yes is the question were

http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/trebek.jpg

What is a human turnover machine rotating in mid air depositing eliptical shaped leather bound balls.

darnbni99a
11-28-2011, 01:42 PM
think i would feel a little better with Sage also

TexansFanatic
11-28-2011, 01:46 PM

trade deadline was in week 6

Of course. Thanks, guys.

Playoffs
11-28-2011, 01:51 PM
I'd think he would have lost a lot of weight, at least. I wonder how long it'll take him to get football ready: body, arm, & hits?

GP
11-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Barry Warner just said sage would never wear a texans uni ever again. But he is such a huge D-Bag who knows if he's just talkin out his butt! I hope we sign him now just so I can call the show (610) and tell him he was wrong AGAIN.

I actually think Warner, whoever that guy is, might be right.

Sage had a regrettable moment in a Texans uniform, and he ended up exiting Houston altogether.

And now Rick Smith is going to call him and beg him to come play for the Texans???? This is like getting fired from a job and the boss calls you a few years later and asks if you want to come back to work for him. Yeah, it's "a job" and everything...but you still have that bad taste in your mouth about what it felt like to get ran out of your workplace in pretty much an unceremonious fashion. You harbor some hard feelings, to say the least, and now the boss wants you back?!?!? Riiiiiiighhhhhht.

I'm not saying Sage would be justified in his feelings, so nobody skewer me over some idea that GP has a bleeding heart for Sage Rosenfels. I'm just saying that human nature dictates that you don't always run right back to the place you got fired from. Maybe there are extenuating circumstances that would permit a person to forgive and forget......however, what happens after THIS season? What would Sage do in 2012? Get sent packing, again, no matter what he did or didn't do for us in 2011?

Does Sage care (enough) about the Texans to try and help them? Does he care enough to risk getting released after 2011, or even to be brought back and staring at a clipboard and a packet of sunflower seeds while some other Texans QB is right back out there starting...in short: Always a backup, never the starter.

I don't think we acquire Sage Rosenfels. Too much scar tissue, not enough future here for him to risk the attempt, etc. etc.

mussop
11-28-2011, 02:10 PM
Yeah, what's up with that? Beaten out of a job by Brett Favre and Eli Manning! What kind of scrub doesn't start in front of those guys when coaches are flying down to Mississippi to woo them and using first round draft picks to get them?

As for Miami, well I think he got sick from the sound of things. Plus they don't seem capable of making a good decision there to begin with.

Yeh what's up with that? If it was just Eli and Favre that beat him out then why wouldn't he still be in either place? Jackson is still in mini and Carr is still in NY. If he did so good in either of those places why didn't they keep him?

Corrosion
11-28-2011, 02:31 PM

Sage had a regrettable moment in a Texans uniform, and he ended up exiting Houston altogether.

And now Rick Smith is going to call him and beg him to come play for the Texans???? This is like getting fired from a job and the boss calls you a few years later and asks if you want to come back to work for him. Yeah, it's "a job" and everything...but you still have that bad taste in your mouth about what it felt like to get ran out of your workplace in pretty much an unceremonious fashion. You harbor some hard feelings, to say the least, and now the boss wants you back?!?!? Riiiiiiighhhhhht.

I'm not saying Sage would be justified in his feelings, so nobody skewer me over some idea that GP has a bleeding heart for Sage Rosenfels. I'm just saying that human nature dictates that you don't always run right back to the place you got fired from. Maybe there are extenuating circumstances that would permit a person to forgive and forget......however, what happens after THIS season? What would Sage do in 2012? Get sent packing, again, no matter what he did or didn't do for us in 2011?

Does Sage care (enough) about the Texans to try and help them? Does he care enough to risk getting released after 2011, or even to be brought back and staring at a clipboard and a packet of sunflower seeds while some other Texans QB is right back out there starting...in short: Always a backup, never the starter.

I don't think we acquire Sage Rosenfels. Too much scar tissue, not enough future here for him to risk the attempt, etc. etc.

Rosenfels would likely be out of the league next year if he doesnt get an opportunity to show he can play.

Much like Leinart getting a second chance to show he belongs ..... This could be the same opportunity for Rosenfels. I cant imagine he'd turn down a chance to prove his worth to the league no matter the team.

Imagine for a moment he steps into the starting role and takes the team on a deep playoff run. There are many teams hurting for good QB play ..... they will all be watching.

Rey
11-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Yeh what's up with that? If it was just Eli and Favre that beat him out then why wouldn't he still be in either place? Jackson is still in mini and Carr is still in NY. If he did so good in either of those places why didn't they keep him?

Jackson is is Seattle and Sage got sick in NY.

Norg
11-28-2011, 02:37 PM
IM all 4 this sign the dude

GP
11-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Imagine for a moment he steps into the starting role and takes the team on a deep playoff run. There are many teams hurting for good QB play ..... they will all be watching.

I tried to imagine this with Leinart. My two weeks of imagining it (with Leinart in the spot we now want to imagine Sage occupying) ended up with my imagination being confronted with the reality of Leinart out for the season in under one half of football into his debut.

I'm sort of like Shane and Andrea (The Walking Dead) right now: There's nothing left to do but become basic instinct animals and let our lower lobe rule our decision making.

To hell with imagining. It just leaves you disappointed.

Seriously, though:

I can see us signing him. I can understand if Sage wants no part of another gig here. I can see Brodie Croyle being signed. I can see any number of things happening. In the end, will it be a Tom Brady or Kurt Warner type of ending for us? I have doubts that it will.

The Astrodome should be hauled away piece by piece and shot into space with a cannon. I think we're cursed or something. Of course, the pieces would fall from space someday and hit our star QB (whomever he is) in the head and kill him during the practice the day before the Super Bowl. That's life.

TexansFanatic
11-28-2011, 02:43 PM
The Texans are below most team in waiver priority because of their current record.

A lot of teams ahead of the Texans could claim him.

Don't be surprised to see Bud Adams claim him just to be a dick.

Maddict5
11-28-2011, 02:47 PM

talk about revisionist history

sage left amicably. he wanted to start somewhere, the vikes came calling and with no favre at the time, it was a good move for both sides.

ObsiWan
11-28-2011, 02:48 PM
The Texans are below most team in waiver priority because of their current record.

When you pick a vet off waivers don't you have to dump someone off the 53? Tenn still thinks they're in the hunt. Would they really sacrifice a roster spot - logically their own 3rd string guy - just to piss off Houston?

...what am I saying?
This is Bud.
Sure he would.

TexansFanatic
11-28-2011, 02:50 PM
When you pick a vet off waivers don't you have to dump someone off the 53? Tenn still thinks they're in the hunt. Would they really sacrifice a roster spot - logically their own 3rd string guy - just to piss off Houston?

...what am I saying?
This is Bud.
Sure he would.

lol!!!

Exactly. It seems crazy, but the Titans do play the Texans again. If they could keep the Texans from acquiring the quarterback they want......

CloakNNNdagger
11-28-2011, 02:57 PM

I don't see why people are still talking about waivers as relates to Sage. If he is RELEASED by Miami, as a vet of more than 4 years, HE DOES NOT HAVE TO GO THROUGH WAIVERS.

wolf123
11-28-2011, 03:12 PM
I don't see why people are still talking about waivers as relates to Sage. If he is RELEASED by Miami, as a vet of more than 4 years, HE DOES NOT HAVE TO GO THROUGH WAIVERS.

Well this is wrong... I guess Kyle Orton, Fat Albert and randy moss just went through waivers for the hell of it?:choke:

srrono
11-28-2011, 03:13 PM

i dont know one way or the other Kyle Orton is a 6 yr vet he went thru waviers.

Mailman
11-28-2011, 03:14 PM

Yeah he does, it's in the new CBA. Any player under contract released after the trade deadline must go through the waivers process.

ChampionTexan
11-28-2011, 03:16 PM
Sage might not be an option...

Per NFLN's Jason La Canfora, the #Dolphins will not be waiving QB Sage Rosenfels off their NFI-list at this time.

Link (http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ee8v8j)

wolf123
11-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Sounds like we need to start tampering....

infantrycak
11-28-2011, 03:18 PM
When you pick a vet off waivers don't you have to dump someone off the 53?

If you are carrying 53, yes.

sage left amicably.

Maybe. Sage said he didn't like Kubiak's coaching style and yelling at him and requested he stop it.

After the trade deadline even vested vets go through waiver.

TexansFanatic
11-28-2011, 03:22 PM

How do you get words in full caps like that?

I can't seem to do it.

CloakNNNdagger
11-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Well this is wrong... I guess Kyle Orton, Fat Albert and randy moss just went through waivers for the hell of it?:choke:

i dont know one way or the other Kyle Orton is a 6 yr vet he went thru waviers.

I stand corrected. Thanks.

Here in lies the answer within the CBA under Section 1 (a) below:

WAIVER SYSTEM

Section 1. Release:

(a) Whenever a player who has finished the season in which his fourth year of credited service has been earned under the Bert Bell/Pete Rozelle Plan is placed on waivers between February 1 and the trading deadline, his contract will be considered terminated and the player will be completely free at any time thereafter to negotiate and sign a Player Contract with any Club, and any Club shall be completely free to negotiate and sign a Player Contract with such player, without penalty or restriction, including, but not limited to, Draft Choice Compensation between Clubs or First Refusal Rights of any kind, or any signing period. If the waivers occur after that time, the player’s Player Contract will be subject to the waiver system and may be awarded to a claiming Club. However, if such player is claimed and awarded, he shall have the option to declare himself an Unrestricted Free Agent at the end of the League Year in question if he has a no-trade clause in his Player Contract. If such player does not have a no-trade clause and the Player Contract being awarded through waivers covers more than one additional season, the player shall have the right to declare himself an Unrestricted Free Agent as set forth above at the end of the League Year following the League Year in which he is waived and awarded.

(b) Whenever a player who has finished less than the season in which his fourth year of credited service has been earned under the Bert Bell/Pete Rozelle Plan is placed on waivers, the player’s Player Contract will be subject to the waiver system and may be awarded to a claiming Club.

Section 2. Contact: Coaches or any other persons connected with another NFL Club are prohibited from contacting any player placed on waivers until such time as the player is released by the waiving Club.

Section 3. Ineligibility: Any NFL player who is declared ineligible to compete in a pre-season, regular season or post-season game because of a breach by any NFL Club by whom he is employed of waiver procedures and regulations, or any other provision of the NFL Constitution and Bylaws, will be paid the salary or other compensation which he would have received if he had not been declared ineligible, which, in any event, will be a minimum of one week’s salary and, when applicable, expense payments.

Section 4. Notice of Termination: The Notice of Termination form attached hereto as Appendix G will be used by all Clubs. If possible, the Notice of Termination will be personally delivered to the player prior to his departure from the team. If the Notice of Termination has not been personally delivered to the player prior to his departure from the team, the Notice of Termination will be sent to him by certified mail at his last address on file with the Club.

***Waiver system: The procedure by which a player's contract or NFL rights are made available by his current team to other teams in the league. During the procedure, the 31 other teams either file a claim to obtain the player or waive the opportunity to do so, thus the term waiver. The claiming period is typically ten days during the off-season, but from early July through December, it lasts only 24 hours. If a player is claimed by two or more teams in this period, priority is based on the inverse won-lost standing of the teams. The team with the worst record has priority. If no team selects the player, he's free to sign with any team, including his previous employer. If no one signs him, he is unemployed — technically fired from the NFL.

CloakNNNdagger
11-28-2011, 03:31 PM
How do you get words in full caps like that?

I can't seem to do it.

Just cap it on the keyboard..........I find that it's especially sure to work when your statement is incorrect...........

TexansFanatic
11-28-2011, 03:34 PM
just cap it on the keyboard..........i find that it's especially sure to work when your statement is incorrect...........

Haha! Still not working for me, but not that big of a deal.

srrono
11-28-2011, 03:40 PM
I have La Canfora on twitter and see no such tweet

El Tejano
11-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Just heard on Sirius radio that we signed him to take Leinart's spot.

wolf123
11-28-2011, 03:43 PM
I can't believe how much I want the rosencopter to come back to houston!!:texflag:

CloakNNNdagger
11-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Haha! Still not working for me, but not that big of a deal.

Just for the heck of it, have you tried to see if it's your keyboard by trying it on a word processor function or a Google search window?

Speedy
11-28-2011, 03:46 PM
Sage was a damn solid backup when he was here. I'd take him in a heartbeat. He's also a known quantity.

We need to consider every option out there right now at QB. Anyone who is 100% sold on TJ Yates at this point is a delusional homer.

LMAO!! Yeah, Sage is a known quantity alright. A career backup at best. Anyone who thinks a guy like that, or Favre, or Garcia, can save the Texans, is delusional.

I'm not sold on Yates. I've never seen him play until Sunday, so I have no idea. I don't feel good about a 3rd string rookie taking over at all. But I certainly wouldn't feel any better adding some of these guys mentioned on this board recently, who aren't even on NFL rosters or a guy that's behind Matt Moore and JP Losman in the pecking order.

And FWIW, Sage hasn't throw a single pass in an NFL game since Dec. 1, 2008. He was nothing more than a career backup then, no telling what he is 3 years later. Known quantity? Hardly.

Not saying Yates is either, but I will go with Yates over any of these scrubs, including Favre, that have been mentioned on this board. He can't do much worse than those guys and as far as I'm concerned, has a lot more upside than any of them.

TexanFan881
11-28-2011, 03:49 PM
Sage might not be an option...

Link (http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ee8v8j)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-around-the-league/09000d5d8248cda7/Life-without-Leinart

This video is where he says it. For those saying they don't see it anywhere. Oh well.

ChampionTexan
11-28-2011, 03:53 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-around-the-league/09000d5d8248cda7/Life-without-Leinart

This video is where he says it. For those saying they don't see it anywhere. Oh well.

Yep - I didn't say LaCanfora tweeted it, I said that someone else tweeted that he said it on NFLN.

Thanks for the link to the video.

El Tejano
11-28-2011, 03:57 PM
And I'm telling yall that Sirius said they signed Sage.

Joeycharp89
11-28-2011, 03:58 PM

K.:kitten:

wolf123
11-28-2011, 03:58 PM

Who said it on Sirius?

GP
11-28-2011, 03:59 PM

I've keyed in on what you posted earlier.

I've been looking for Internet ink out there that can cement what you heard on Sirius. Will help you out and continue to search and watch.

If so, you were the guy who broke the news. I honestly wonder how many people just glossed right over your earlier post and didn't even see it.

Mr. White
11-28-2011, 04:01 PM
LMAO!! Yeah, Sage is a known quantity alright. A career backup at best. Anyone who thinks a guy like that, or Favre, or Garcia, can save the Texans, is delusional.

I'm not sold on Yates. I've never seen him play until Sunday, so I have no idea. I don't feel good about a 3rd string rookie taking over at all. But I certainly wouldn't feel any better adding some of these guys mentioned on this board recently, who aren't even on NFL rosters or a guy that's behind Matt Moore and JP Losman in the pecking order.

And FWIW, Sage hasn't throw a single pass in an NFL game since Dec. 1, 2008. He was nothing more than a career backup then, no telling what he is 3 years later. Known quantity? Hardly.

Not saying Yates is either, but I will go with Yates over any of these scrubs, including Favre, that have been mentioned on this board. He can't do much worse than those guys and as far as I'm concerned, has a lot more upside than any of them.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. Too bad that we missed out on Orton last week, because there isn't one option out there that someone doesn't think is a scrub.

And there's nothing that the two guys that are left on our roster have done yet to show that they aren't scrubs.

srrono
11-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Texans can not sign him til he has been released from miami and gone thru waviers which has not happened yet

texanmojo
11-28-2011, 04:08 PM
Too bad that we missed out on Orton last week, because there isn't one option out there that someone doesn't think is a scrub.

He was claimed off of waivers well before Houston had a chance. Orton was never an "option" for us.

Speedy
11-28-2011, 04:08 PM
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. Too bad that we missed out on Orton last week, because there isn't one option out there that someone doesn't think is a scrub.

And there's nothing that the two guys that are left on our roster have done yet to show that they aren't scrubs.

I didn't say they weren't scrubs. It's just that you're down to your 3rd QB. When that happens, it's pretty slim pickings no matter who you pick. I think Yates has just as good of a chance as any QB on the scrap heap. He's already on your team, has had the playbook since August, why not go with him? I just don't see that there's that much difference out there with what's available.

srrono
11-28-2011, 04:14 PM
A mod should combine all Future QB threads

Mr. White
11-28-2011, 04:25 PM
He was claimed off of waivers well before Houston had a chance. Orton was never an "option" for us.

Didn't say he was ever an option. When I said "we missed on him," I mean "someone else got him and it wasn't us." Maybe I should have said "missed out" instead.

I didn't say they weren't scrubs. It's just that you're down to your 3rd QB. When that happens, it's pretty slim pickings no matter who you pick. I think Yates has just as good of a chance as any QB on the scrap heap. He's already on your team, has had the playbook since August, why not go with him? I just don't see that there's that much difference out there with what's available.

Don't get me wrong. I think we should roll with Yates for all the reasons that we've been hearing the past couple of days. I just think that Sage would be a damn good insurance policy in case TJ doesn't pan out.

Double Barrel
11-28-2011, 04:26 PM

Yep. Sign Sage, if availabe. TJ will need a backup.

I tend to agree. Which end of a turd sandwich tastes better type of a deal. Hopefully Yates is not a turd sandwich, but you honestly can't expect much more from a rookie with no playing time at week 12.

TexansFanatic
11-28-2011, 05:27 PM
Looks like there won't be a Sage/Texans reunion.

Dolphins won't release Rosenfels (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8248d0ed/article/dolphins-plan-to-keep-rosenfels-not-allow-reunion-with-texans)

GP
11-28-2011, 05:30 PM
Why do I get this feeling that Brett Favre is not entirely out of the picture.

Kubiak said he won't rule anybody out and he won't confirm anyone.

To me, Sage was Option A and it seems Miami won't release Sage.

Option B probably just got put on the table.

Ktexan68
11-28-2011, 05:40 PM
What *ricks!!! I'm sure Sage is in their long term plans. Lame.

mussop
11-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Jackson is is Seattle and Sage got sick in NY.

That's right he is. But didn't Sage leave Mini before JAckson?

rush2112mn
11-28-2011, 05:56 PM
Miami is not going to release Sage.....as reported on 610....so you might as well nix that idea.....

Rey
11-28-2011, 05:58 PM
That's right he is. But didn't Sage leave Mini before JAckson?

Sage was probably going to be the starter in Minny before they decided to bring in Favre. Or he would have at least been breathing down Jackson's neck for the position.

I think Sage felt like it was going to be his job and when they brought Favre in it ultra pissed him off.

Remember, there were ramblings that Sage was the one causing some of the locker room trouble they had.

Anyways, water under the bridge now that it seems it's not even a possiblity.

Pantherstang84
11-28-2011, 05:58 PM
What *ricks!!! I'm sure Sage is in their long term plans. Lame.

You're assuming the the Titans wouldn't claim him off of waivers just to be spitefull. Don't go looking on the waiver wire folks. If they get someone it has to be an unrestricted free agent.

MEGA SWATT
11-28-2011, 06:04 PM
Well, Miami can suk it. As for the rosen-copter argument, the guy did do too much and it cost us. But, better to get all that out and learn from that early, than to have it come out years later. He proved very durable after taking that shot, he knows the system and well it's not important now I guess, but

the whole state of Florida is trying to Fu*k the Texans:

Tampa- takes out MS
Jax: - takes out ML
Miami- takes out Sage

Dishman
11-28-2011, 06:09 PM
Well, Miami can suk it. As for the rosen-copter argument, the guy did do too much and it cost us. But, better to get all that out and learn from that early, than to have it come out years later. He proved very durable after taking that shot, he knows the system and well it's not important now I guess, but

the whole state of Florida is trying to **** the Texans:

Tampa- takes out MS
Jax: - takes out ML
Miami- takes out Sage

Just what do you mean by this? You recall Rosenfels is no spring chicken, right? His Rosencopter days were his veteran days where he isn't getting that **** out of the way early at all.

Ghostform
11-28-2011, 06:09 PM
we can see if the Giants want to release their backup QB so we can claim him off waivers...

i kid...i kid

ChampionTexan
11-28-2011, 06:10 PM
Given the circumstances, I wouldn't have minded seeing Sage come back here if things worked out. Still, I just have a hard time believing that a QB who's on his 4th team in a little over 3 years was the difference between success and failure for the 2011 Texans.

FYI - This coming Thursday (12/1) will be the three year anniversary of the last pass that Sage threw in a NFL regular season game. (Yes - it was for the Texans)

MEGA SWATT
11-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Just what do you mean by this? You recall Rosenfels is no spring chicken, right? His Rosencopter days were his veteran days where he isn't getting that shit out of the way early at all.

Hey, can you go edit my quote on the Fu*k. Blonde moment.

I'm just saying that if he comes back, he will make better decisions b/c the Rosen-copter issue is well documented.

TexanExile
11-28-2011, 06:40 PM
FYI - This coming Thursday (12/1) will be the three year anniversary of the last pass that Sage threw in a NFL regular season game. (Yes - it was for the Texans)

B-b-b-but...he was supposed to be one of the 538 recent "answers at QB" for the Vikings!

That's a great point. It's all moot now, of course, but I was hoping to have him around just to push Owen Daniels one slot lower on the QB depth chart. Too bad...but you're right: that wasn't going to be the difference-making move for the Texans.

ziggy29
11-28-2011, 06:45 PM
At this point, for the next week or two, TJ is going to the starter -- period. He's the only healthy QB available who knows the playbook. No matter whom else you bring in, it would take that long to learn the playbook and run some reps on it in practice.

I'm all for insurance a couple weeks down the road, but for now I'm all in with TJ and hoping the insurance won't be needed. Yeah, I'd like to have it if Yates doesn't do well, but for now I think it needs to be TJ's job to lose in the next couple weeks.

Grams
11-28-2011, 06:56 PM
Why do I get this feeling that Brett Favre is not entirely out of the picture.

Kubiak said he won't rule anybody out and he won't confirm anyone.

To me, Sage was Option A and it seems Miami won't release Sage.

Option B probably just got put on the table.

Mr King of the Interceptions????

No way. He needs to stay in his bluejeans and ride his tractor.

TEXANRED
11-28-2011, 07:00 PM
we can see if the Giants want to release their backup QB so we can claim him off waivers...

i kid...i kid

That is worthy of a neg rep right there. :rake:

srrono
12-01-2011, 07:30 PM
it could happen after all. are the football gods smiling at us?

TexanSam
12-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Texans QB carousel is crazy.

Yates is the starter. We sign Kellen Clemens. Then we're supposed to sign Brodie Croyle but apparently don't. Bring in Delhomme and Jeff Garcia for workouts and sign Delhomme. Now Rosenfels is waived. I imagine we would cut Clemens if Sage were to sign with us.

Nawzer
12-01-2011, 07:34 PM
I would welcome Sage with open arms. Except for the infamous Rosencopter game, he played well for us. I think he gives us the best chance of winning imo.

CloakNNNdagger
12-02-2011, 12:08 AM

Just goes to show you how teams release questionable medical info on their players. As we find out, Sage's sore throat was NOT from Strep throat, it was from mono.

80tothezone
12-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Sage Rosenfels according to 790am is in negotiations of a release with miami he would still have to clear waviers. If wavied would Tenn claim him to block the Texans?

why would anyone block a slightly better Carr?

Jimbobway
12-02-2011, 12:14 PM
New here...is there any reason not to give Kellen Clemens a chance? I never really got to see him play when he was in New York so I just honestly don't know what to make of him. Was he actually bad, or was he just pushed out by the Favre comeback?

Vinny
12-02-2011, 12:21 PM
New here...is there any reason not to give Kellen Clemens a chance? I never really got to see him play when he was in New York so I just honestly don't know what to make of him. Was he actually bad, or was he just pushed out by the Favre comeback?
he wasn't very good and throws a lot of picks. I've seen him play enough to think his upside is very, very limited. He reminds me a bit of a poor man's A.J. Feeley

ChampionTexan
12-02-2011, 12:25 PM

He was bad, and wasn't really impacted by Favre's presence as he was on the Jets roster as recently as last year - long after Favre's departure. Chad Pennington was the Jets QB supplanted by Favre.

Blake
12-02-2011, 12:35 PM

Personally I think they settled on a backup QB that was a bargain, would not complain about playing time, would help Yates, and had a clean background.

The signing of Delhomme makes me feel that Clemens never got serious consideration at substantial playing time. Maybe an emergency snap or 2.

After Leinart went down, the said oh shit, now we have to go pay for an actual QB that can play.

Jimbobway
12-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Am I in the minority that thinks that Yates might be a winner for them in the short term? I mean, we have the best RB, a good 2nd RB, a great offensive line, and the #1 D...and with AJ back we have a big receiver that can make plays on bad throws...so we just need a few completions here and there to keep the box from constantly being stacked for Foster/Tate and we ought to be able to score. As long as Yates doesn't turn the ball over, I don't think its so unlikely that we win with him.

Again I'm a noob here just my 2 cents.

b0ng
12-02-2011, 12:50 PM
Am I in the minority that thinks that Yates might be a winner for them in the short term? I mean, we have the best RB, a good 2nd RB, a great offensive line, and the #1 D...and with AJ back we have a big receiver that can make plays on bad throws...so we just need a few completions here and there to keep the box from constantly being stacked for Foster/Tate and we ought to be able to score. As long as Yates doesn't turn the ball over, I don't think its so unlikely that we win with him.

Again I'm a noob here just my 2 cents.

No you're not alone, but he stands just as good of a chance as looking like a 5th round rookie than he does a winner in the NFL.

Texan_Bill
12-02-2011, 12:52 PM
No you're not alone, but he stands just as good of a chance as looking like a 5th round rookie than he does a winner in the NFL.

Way to not committ one way or the other!! :ahhaha:

TexansFanatic
12-02-2011, 01:18 PM
The Houston Chronicle's John McClain reports the Texans have no interest in QB Sage Rosenfels, waived by the Dolphins on Thursday.

"[Coach Gary] Kubiak likes T.J. Yates," McClain offers by way of explanation. Kubiak is also comfortable with Jake Delhomme as the No. 2 QB because he's thrown well, picked up the offense quickly, and already embraced a mentoring role with Yates. Kubiak may revisit the issue in a couple of weeks if Yates falls flat on his face against two contenders the next two weeks. Dec. 2 - 12:14 pm

Source: John McClain on Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/McClain_on_NFL)

LINK (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=1276&line=222009&spln=1)

TexansFanatic
12-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Also, in case anyone is still confused: McClain is reporting via Twitter that Delhomme will be backing up Yates on Sunday----not Clemens.

Delhomme was signed to be the backup. Clemens was signed to be the third stringer.

TexanFan881
12-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Update: Claimed by Minnesota apparently:
http://FOXSports.com exclusive: QB Sage Rosenfels was claimed off waivers by MIN to take Donovan McNabb's roster spot: on-msn.com/vBlio4

Pantherstang84
12-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Update: Claimed by Minnesota apparently:
http://FOXSports.com exclusive: QB Sage Rosenfels was claimed off waivers by MIN to take Donovan McNabb's roster spot: on-msn.com/vBlio4

According to PFT, Sage was claimed to run the scout team for the Vikes. I would have much rather had him run the Texans scout team than Clemons.

jtexas
12-02-2011, 05:44 PM
According to PFT, Sage was claimed to run the scout team for the Vikes. I would have much rather had him run the Texans scout team than Clemons.

i feel sorry for sage. That's terrible.