PDA

View Full Version : Texans AND Favre not interested in one another: via Peter King

Playoffs
11-27-2011, 06:56 PM
I can't even say it, but he's becoming the better option day by day.

If you were throwing caution to the wind to win it all this year (like baseball), wouldn't you be thinking about sending a messenger out to a certain tractor in Hattiesburg? Making the assumption we're in the playoffs, we need a QB who can get the ball to A.J. Kellen Clemens? C'mon.

If ... you had the cap room.

Mr. Texan
11-27-2011, 06:59 PM
i'd rather go with jeff garcia

favre had a run game and a solid defense his last year and still played like ass.

SAMURAITEXAN
11-27-2011, 07:12 PM
i'd rather go with jeff garcia

favre had a run game and a solid defense his last year and still played like ass.

Weren't we considering Garcia a several years ago? If he still can play, I do not mind having him on our roster for back up role. We need to see if Yates can handle the starter position before we consider anyone else to start for us.

Go Texans!!!

Pantherstang84
11-27-2011, 07:14 PM
Does it not bother anyone that the only names being thrown out there belong to the Geritol club?

11-27-2011, 07:14 PM
i NEVER thought i'd say this, but i'd give the old man a call. he's got playoff experience and the arm to get it to dre. he's honestly better than anything out there. i like yates, but he's just not ready yet.

Playoffs
11-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Weren't we considering Garcia a several years ago? If he still can play...Last competitive pass Garcia threw was in 2008.

Peter King just said **gulp** Brodie Croyle. :rake:

Txn_in_FL
11-27-2011, 07:19 PM
Sorry, but no way this club should kiss that old guy's ass to get him to play here. Slinging the ball down the field just for the sake of throwing it isn't something I'm very interested in seeing.

He's old and broke down and just seems like an interception machine waiting to happen. His time has passed and it passed quite some time ago.

Kimmy
11-27-2011, 07:32 PM
no!

jjjezebel
11-27-2011, 07:34 PM
Maybe we could talk Jake Plummer into coming out of retirement. At least he's still under 40, and is used to working with Kubiak.

Pantherstang84
11-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Maybe we could talk Jake Plummer into coming out of retirement. At least he's still under 40, and is used to working with Kubiak.

Don't the Bucs still have the rights to him?

jjjezebel
11-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Don't the Bucs still have the rights to him?

Oh, maybe...forgot about that.

Pantherstang84
11-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Oh, maybe...forgot about that.

I don't know. That is why I am asking.

MEGA SWATT
11-27-2011, 08:09 PM
why not? he's better than yates.

brakos82
11-27-2011, 08:11 PM
Don't worry, I called Dan Pastorini this afternoon.

axman40
11-27-2011, 08:19 PM
Don't worry, I called Dan Pastorini this afternoon.
What no Lynn Dickey?

SAMURAITEXAN
11-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Last competitive pass Garcia threw was in 2008.

Peter King just said **gulp** Brodie Croyle. :rake:

Didn't he play for UFL? Anyway, I wouldn't mind having experienced QB as back up role on our roster. Hope, TJ be able to handle as our starting QB.

Go Texans!!!

ThaShark316
11-27-2011, 08:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV4l-UV5kP8

BullNation4Life
11-27-2011, 08:38 PM
I can't even say it, but he's becoming the better option day by day.

If you were throwing caution to the wind to win it all this year (like baseball), wouldn't you be thinking about sending a messenger out to a certain tractor in Hattiesburg? Making the assumption we're in the playoffs, we need a QB who can get the ball to A.J. Kellen Clemens? C'mon.

If ... you had the cap room.

He is the worst choice for this offense. He doesn't even know it and by the time he did get it, Yates will have gotten better at it than Favre....

texanfan2002114
11-27-2011, 08:49 PM
Texans not interested in “circus” that would accompany Favre

"Peter King of Sports Illustrated explained during Football Night In America that Texans G.M. Rick Smith doesn’t envision pursuing Favre. Smith said that the Texans likely won’t be interested. “I don’t want to bring the circus to town,” Smith told King."

"Likewise, Favre told King via text message (no photos, please) that the future Hall of Famer isn’t interested in returning, for similar reasons. Favre also said that he hasn’t thrown a football in a month, which would make it harder for him to get ready to play."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/27/texans-not-interested-in-circus-that-would-accompany-favre/

eriadoc
11-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Mods, can you please ban the words "Favre" and "Farve" (common misspelling) in much the same way you ban the singular form of idiots? Thanks in advance! ;)

Mr. Texan
11-27-2011, 08:56 PM
is jamarcus russell available?

http://users.content.ytmnd.com/5/2/b/52be3a4dfb17b67636bc3502126b4207.gif

11-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Texans not interested in “circus” that would accompany Favre

"Peter King of Sports Illustrated explained during Football Night In America that Texans G.M. Rick Smith doesn’t envision pursuing Favre. Smith said that the Texans likely won’t be interested. “I don’t want to bring the circus to town,” Smith told King."

"Likewise, Favre told King via text message (no photos, please) that the future Hall of Famer isn’t interested in returning, for similar reasons. Favre also said that he hasn’t thrown a football in a month, which would make it harder for him to get ready to play."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/27/texans-not-interested-in-circus-that-would-accompany-favre/

hasn't thrown in a month? forget about it, then.

Playoffs
11-27-2011, 09:41 PM
http://www.kidstodo.co.uk/images/strips/circus.gifhttp://www.animationbuddy.com/Animation/Hobbies_and_Entertainment/Circus/Juggler_5.gifhttp://cdnimg.visualizeus.com/userfiles/avatar-circus_m.jpghttp://www.animated-gifs.eu/50-leisure/circus-4.gifhttp://www.circusinamerica.org/images/cia_icons/drummer.gifhttp://www.magicfancydress.co.uk/ProductImages/36528/36528.jpg

No ... ???

bckey
11-27-2011, 10:17 PM
He is the worst choice for this offense. He doesn't even know it and by the time he did get it, Yates will have gotten better at it than Favre....

No way. I'd take Favre any day over Yates

Kaiser Toro
11-27-2011, 10:31 PM
I heard that the word "no" is used in more languages than any other word.

Brisco_County
11-27-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm not a mind reader, but I'm betting Kubiak has no interest in a guy who got his last two head coaches fired.

brakos82
11-27-2011, 10:40 PM
Mods, can you please ban the words "Favre" and "Farve" (common misspelling) in much the same way you ban the singular form of idiots? Thanks in advance! ;)

Or as my arch nemesis and I decided, the next person suggesting Favre to Texans will be poked in the eye with a sharp pencil. If they're serious, a dull knife to the gonads.

BullNation4Life
11-27-2011, 10:41 PM
No way. I'd take Favre any day over Yates

then you would lose....

besides 2 QBs on IR is enough for one season, bring in Favre, it will be 3...

steelbtexan
11-27-2011, 10:43 PM
then you would lose....

besides 2 QBs on IR is enough for one season, bring in Favre, it will be 3...

And you know this how?

BTW, Favre has run the WC most of his career.

With that said I wouldn't sign him. He hasn't thrown a football in more than a month. Favre would give you a better chance in the playoffs than Yates if he was in shape.

GP
11-27-2011, 11:35 PM
Costas interviewed some NBC dude at the end of the Chiefs-Steelers game tonight. I happened to be watching it, and the word is this: Rick Smith is not interested, for now, with the circus and attention that comes along with having Brett Favre around. Peter King also allegedly texted with Brett Favre tonight and the reply from Favre was that he had no interest either.

So the speculation should end. "For now," as it was said. Yes, the words "For now" were used, but I suspect this was done as either a courtesy by both Favre and/or the Texans or as a ploy to keep the chance of a story alive by the media.

brakos82
11-27-2011, 11:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKUoVwr38JQ

DocBar
11-27-2011, 11:43 PM
I'd rather have a sister in a whorehouse than Brett Favre under center for the Texans. He'd set the single seasom interception record for a season while only playing one half.

2BCF
11-27-2011, 11:50 PM
i NEVER thought i'd say this, but i'd give the old man a call. he's got playoff experience and the arm to get it to dre. he's honestly better than anything out there. i like yates, but he's just not ready yet.

He may be a fast learner and not on the same learning curve as DC or ML.

beerlover
11-27-2011, 11:53 PM
desperate times = desperate measures :vincepalm:

BullNation4Life
11-27-2011, 11:57 PM
And you know this how?

BTW, Favre has run the WC most of his career.

With that said I wouldn't sign him. He hasn't thrown a football in more than a month. Favre would give you a better chance in the playoffs than Yates if he was in shape.

Just go watch last years Viking games, the same team Favre took to the NFC championship game the year before absolutely imploded and he was at the helm of that sinking ship...

besides he went down with an ankle injury that I believe needed surgery to repair. you want THAT on this team, no thanks...

Dutchrudder
11-28-2011, 12:16 AM
He can't be worse than TJ Yates. At this point I'd give Ragoo another chance.

DocBar
11-28-2011, 12:17 AM
He can't be worse than TJ Yates. At this point I'd give Ragoo another chance.Smoke crack much?

DocBar
11-28-2011, 12:22 AM
Losing Leinart appears to suck, but it might just turn out to be a blessing. yates showed poise in the pocket and a grasp of the playbook. That's at least what Leinart showed today. Yates just happened to have his eyes 10 yds further downfield when he did it. Jax has a damned good defense and Yates still showed positive attributes, over and above what Gabbert showed for his team. Shut down this Favre BS and pull for the guy who's going to run our O for the next 5 weeks. Yates has time in the system that Favre can't make up for. Kubiaks WCO is far different from what Favre ran. Besides, just look at last year. Washed up and old is being polite when describing Favre last year.

mussop
11-28-2011, 08:11 AM
All this team needs is a vet that can manage a game. We should be on the phone with every available QB out there. Anyone that believes right now that Yates can lead us deep into the playoffs is drunk on koolaid.

Yates may very well turn out to be the player we all hope he can be but we shouldn't be betting our first ever chance at the playoffs on him. That is just stupid. Get a vet in here and let him start learning the system now while we see what Yates is capable of. He'll Favre never had the kind of OL or weapons in Minnie he would have here. I say bring him in for a try.

TimeKiller
11-28-2011, 08:42 AM
Favre had no interest.....so what....he like, texted back a pic of him flacid?

Had to do it. I hope this shenanigan ends faster than "Should the Texans sign Randy Moss/TO"?

thunderkyss
11-28-2011, 08:54 AM
I can't imagine Favre coming in to run our scout team, which is what he would be doing for the next 2 weeks at least, until he learns our system.

It's not worth the effort to even try.