PDA

View Full Version : Expect Texans to attack Jags weakened secondary

Wolf
11-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Texans head coach Gary Kubiak says 'nothing has changed' despite the fact that a different Matt will be running the offense on Sunday at Jacksonville.

"I won't do anything different," Kubiak told a Houston media gathering after practice Friday. "We're going to do what we do. I think (Matt Leinart) and Matt (Schaub) are a lot alike in what they do and what they can handle. I don't see us being any different." (@texanspr)

If that's truly the case, then expect the Texans to be suitably aggressive with the passing game.

The Jaguars defense has been rocked by injuries and the dropoff in replacement talent is no more evident than in the secondary.

Both starting corners, Rashean Mathis and Derek Cox, have been lost for the season since the Texans last played Team Teal.

Their replacements are backups Ashton Youboty and Will Middleton.

Youboty was signed on November 15 and played 23 snaps in sub packages last week at Cleveland. He was cut by the Bucs at the end of training camp this year and was a free agent before joining the Jags eleven days ago

Continue reading on Examiner.com Expect Texans to attack Jags weakened secondary - Houston Houston Texans | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/houston-texans-in-houston/expect-texans-to-attack-jags-weakened-secondary#ixzz1epsENQMv

TexanSam
11-26-2011, 12:12 PM
Perfect game for Leinart to get his first start as a Texan.

Hervoyel
11-26-2011, 03:07 PM
Perfect game for Leinart to get his first start as a Texan.

I agree but at the same time I think we can expect to see the Jags front 7 trying to pin their ears back early to rattle him. Our offensive line better show up with it's collective stuff together.

Corrosion
11-26-2011, 03:36 PM
I agree but at the same time I think we can expect to see the Jags front 7 trying to pin their ears back early to rattle him. Our offensive line better show up with it's collective stuff together.

They are also missing two key players from the DL .... That should give the advantage to the Texans. May be hard for them to generate pressure without blitzing heavily and that opens up the already depleted secondary with single coverage and possible big plays.

Porky
11-26-2011, 03:43 PM
My guess is they will play a lot of 8 and even 9 men in the box in an all out effort to stop FATE. If that doesn't work, then it's game, set, match in my opinion.

The secondary is weak for sure with the injuries. Losing Mathis was a killer blow, but if I am the DC I try to make Matt L beat me up top - and I would come up with every exotic coverage and blitz I could dream up to try and rattle him into mistakes and TO's. The problem is with the players available and so many new faces will he have to stay vanilla? If that is the case, I think the Texans win pretty easily - and I suspect it will be the case.

Even with Matt L, I like the Texans in this one 24-13.

:texanbill:

ObsiWan
11-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Our D - and special teams - better watch for a lot of trickeration. JDR knows he's over-matched so he'll be desparate to do anything to score. Unexpected on-side kicks, flea-flickers, everything in their playbook should be on the table.

houstonspartan
11-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Our D - and special teams - better watch for a lot of trickeration. JDR knows he's over-matched so he'll be desparate to do anything to score. Unexpected on-side kicks, flea-flickers, everything in their playbook should be on the table.

Yep. Del Rio is a hustler. He will be tossing every trick play he can think of at us. I expect at least one fake field goal, for example.

ChampionTexan
11-26-2011, 03:56 PM
They are also missing two key players from the DL .... That should give the advantage to the Texans. May be hard for them to generate pressure without blitzing heavily and that opens up the already depleted secondary with single coverage and possible big plays.

Throw in the fact that Clint Sessions was put on IR just two or three weeks ago, and that gives tells you they're hurting on the front-end almost as much as they are in the secondary.

Of course we'll have to see what happens, but under the circumstances, Leinart couldn't have things laid out for his return to being a starting QB much better than tomorrow.

gary
11-26-2011, 04:33 PM
The Texans should still stick it down their throats even though the Jags are hurting. I like this talk. GO TEXANS

CloakNNNdagger
11-26-2011, 07:44 PM
I have a strange feeling that Kubiak is going to let Leinart "loose" a lot more than what we expect........and what the Jags expect.

NitroGSXR
11-26-2011, 08:54 PM
Whatever it takes. I dont care if our defense scores more than their offense. Just win.

Vinny
11-26-2011, 09:03 PM
*yawn*....gonna be a snoozer tomorrow.

ObsiWan
11-26-2011, 09:16 PM
*yawn*....gonna be a snoozer tomorrow.

Gittin' a mite cocky ain't we?
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/9/4/gettingabitco128650419103208631.jpg

thunderkyss
11-26-2011, 09:16 PM
I have a strange feeling that Kubiak is going to let Leinart "loose" a lot more than what we expect........and what the Jags expect.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41790_161548163872267_9879_n.jpg

Vinny
11-26-2011, 09:21 PM
ain't cocky. Jags just don't match up well against us in my view. Our O-line is better than their beat up front7, their secondary has no elite corner and they don't have an edge rusher. Gabbert is a joke so far and don't expect him to play well tomorrow and the Jag wr's aren't very good. Texans in a rout.

BattleRedToro
11-26-2011, 09:57 PM
I expect a play action pass to Andre Johnson running a deep route similar to Jacoby Jones first reception last game.

Ryan
11-26-2011, 10:32 PM
Good. It's time for AJ to make up for lost time for my fantasy team tomorrow :) crunch time

DocBar
11-26-2011, 10:51 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/9/4/gettingabitco128650419103208631.jpgWhen Vinny is this confident, Katy bar the door.

GP
11-26-2011, 11:12 PM
Good. It's time for AJ to make up for lost time for my fantasy team tomorrow :) crunch time

Same here. The day AJ got hurt, my fantasy season was lost. Well, it didn't help that Roddy White chose to go into a fantasy coma this year either. Oh, and Matt Ryan too (my 3rd round choice for QB).

I thought I had a killer roster with AJ-White at the WR spots, Matt Ryan at QB, and Sproles-Tate-Greene holding down the fort at RB. Nope.

Thank goodness I took a chance on AJ Green in something like Round 11, and I picked up Andy Dalton off free agency before he started blowing up big. Dalton, AJ Green, and Tate/Sproles have kept me semi-decent for awhile now.

Ryan
11-26-2011, 11:21 PM
Same here. The day AJ got hurt, my fantasy season was lost. Well, it didn't help that Roddy White chose to go into a fantasy coma this year either. Oh, and Matt Ryan too (my 3rd round choice for QB).

I thought I had a killer roster with AJ-White at the WR spots, Matt Ryan at QB, and Sproles-Tate-Greene holding down the fort at RB. Nope.

Thank goodness I took a chance on AJ Green in something like Round 11, and I picked up Andy Dalton off free agency before he started blowing up big. Dalton, AJ Green, and Tate/Sproles have kept me semi-decent for awhile now.

I had Turner/Forte/and Fred Jackson combo ride me to 6-1 after AJ was hurt, but they've had their struggles recently as my QB Stafford was having as well. Fred Jackson is now lost for the season and i'm sitting at 6-5 with a 4 game losing streak and just barely holding on to the last playoff spot. My starting WRs for most of AJ's absence were the likes of Mike Williams/Reggie Wayne/DeSean Jackson. :vincepalm:

PapaL
11-26-2011, 11:23 PM
No better way to get other teams to not stack the box in future games than to have USC Leinart hit wide open targets. (Lord please let us have USN Leinart and not AZ Leinart)

GP
11-26-2011, 11:33 PM
I had Turner/Forte/and Fred Jackson combo ride me to 6-1 after AJ was hurt, but they've had their struggles recently as my QB Stafford was having as well. Fred Jackson is now lost for the season and i'm sitting at 6-5 with a 4 game losing streak and just barely holding on to the last playoff spot. My starting WRs for most of AJ's absence were the likes of Mike Williams/Reggie Wayne/DeSean Jackson. :vincepalm:

My friend had a 7-0 streak via Stafford-Jennings-Calvin Johnson-Fred Jackson, and he has been on the same losing streak you have had.

He looked unstoppable. Now? He's in panic mode.

I've lost games on flukes. Should've won two weeks ago, but my opponent had Arian Foster vs. the Buccaneers...so we all know how THAT turned out; which is fine since it meant the Texans drilled the Bucs and got the easy win.

Another week that I lost, it was because Forte went berserk and had like 30+ points, and the guy's defense had something like 20 points. Just absurd.

Another week, a dude had Drew Brees and went off for like 30+ points, and his kicker had 17 points.

Just typical shit like that. I luv fantasy football, it's fun to make the right roster moves and still get clobbered because of Out Of This World efforts by a different player every week. LOL. FML.

Malloy
11-27-2011, 02:04 AM
ain't cocky. Jags just don't match up well against us in my view. Our O-line is better than their beat up front7, their secondary has no elite corner and they don't have an edge rusher. Gabbert is a joke so far and don't expect him to play well tomorrow and the Jag wr's aren't very good. Texans in a rout.

I've been waiting 10 years for a good rout, I have no problem with it ;)

ChampionTexan
11-27-2011, 09:45 AM
I've been waiting 10 years for a good rout, I have no problem with it ;)

Uncertain of whether to point out 41-7 road win over Tennessee, or make Jacoby Jones joke.