PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Know About You But I Believe..............

gary
11-24-2011, 11:11 PM
In Leinart and the team to pick up the slack in the absence of Matt Schaub and not just make the playoffs but also the Super Bowl. Veterans like Johnson, Daniels, and Mason should be good mentors to assist in overcoming the magnitude of a loss of the most important player on any football team the starting quarterback which is Schaub in this case. The Texans might not have Schaub to play anymore but they still have a top offense as well as a stud defense which is shocking to believe but this season it is true. It was thought by some out there the Texans might have jumped to soon when they traded for Mason and not waiting for a better offer but I have noticed Jacoby has become more consistent since that trade and remember Mason is eleventh on the all time receptions list. He still has great hands even at 37 but most off all he brought leadership and tenacity at a time when AJ was out and now with AJ coming back I don't have any doubt that same type of leadership will not just continue to thrive but thrive even more than ever this season. Foster, Tate, AJ, Daniels, you name it there is still plenty there to get where we all want to go. Keep up the faith and believe in the next man up mentality because that is exactly what the NFL is all about. I know I'm keeping my faith and still believing. Well, at least I'm being optimistic. It just has a different feeling this year like the players want to win badly for Kubiak and more than ever before with the addition of new DC Wade Phillips and with today being the start of the holiday season I think we all should be as positive and upbeat about our team as possible. GO TEXANS GO

Hervoyel
11-24-2011, 11:26 PM
I believe that the Texans have the necessary ability/focus/etc to get to the playoffs. I think that success in the playoffs is also possible to the point where they have to go play a game on the road. I'm particularly adverse to the idea of the Texans having to go to Baltimore.

Basically I see "Baltimore + #1 seed = Super Bowl". That team is just completely different at home than they are on the road. I don't think anybody is going in there and winning a playoff game. I was really hoping that San Francisco might knock them off tonight but that didn't happen. Baltimore's defense is just brutal and I think they'd destroy Leinart and then Yates after him.

Hopefully the stumble against some more bad teams on the way to the playoffs and we can get a game up on them. I really only think we'll lose one more game this year so maybe we can avoid them in the playoffs.

thunderkyss
11-25-2011, 12:23 AM
In Leinart and the team....

GO TEXANS GO

I believe.... but I've always believed.

But, I've been surprised by these Texans every which way this season.

I don't know how they continue to do what they do, but I'm enjoying every minute of it.

C'est la bon ton roulette!!!

painekiller
11-25-2011, 01:14 AM
I believe also!!!!

76Texan
11-25-2011, 02:11 AM
I believe.... but I've always believed.

But, I've been surprised by these Texans every which way this season.

I don't know how they continue to do what they do, but I'm enjoying every minute of it.

C'est la bon ton roulette!!!

You most probably meant to refer to the term "Laissez le bon temps rouler" = "Let the good times roll".

Yeah, I'm all in! :doot:

(Among the few things I know more than football, it's French!)

gary
11-25-2011, 11:22 AM
I'm not surprised it just seems like the team is finally buying into the hype this year and believing in themselves. It has a lot to do with the new culture coach Phillips has now brought to the team. Faith is the one thing they have right now more than they've ever had and they just keep rolling right along with it.

MEGA SWATT
11-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Texans just need to do it, not talk about it. That has been AJ's mantra this year, and I hope that continues. That's all. Just do it!

gary
11-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Texans just need to do it, not talk about it. That has been AJ's mantra this year, and I hope that continues. That's all. Just do it!
Amen.

thunderkyss
11-25-2011, 01:17 PM

Amen.

What?

The Texans aren't talking about anything other than 1 & oh.

We're looking into the play-offs.

gary
11-25-2011, 02:21 PM
The stars have just fallen in line this year. Is it Sunday yet?

badboy
11-25-2011, 06:06 PM
I think the majority of how we will do lies between Lienert's ears. If he can stick to game plan and not force the ball we should be ok. Hopefully like KJ, he will get better as season progresses. We have 6 games to get Matt L. ready for playoffs.

MEGA SWATT
11-25-2011, 07:51 PM
What?

We're looking into the play-offs.

There has been reference to this being a special season and that is code for breakout season. It has been cut way down, but it's still out there. I know they have to give interviews and have to be positive, I'm just saying if it were up to me - the Texans would never give interviews and just PLAY, just do it.

DocBar
11-25-2011, 07:53 PM
What?

We're looking into the play-offs.The playoffs are the ultimate 1 & oh gutcheck, so it's more than appropriate.

gary
11-25-2011, 08:28 PM
There has been reference to this being a special season and that is code for breakout season. It has been cut way down, but it's still out there. I know they have to give interviews and have to be positive, I'm just saying if it were up to me - the Texans would never give interviews and just PLAY, just do it.You would not want to hear anything from the players? Ever? Interviews are in their contracts as well.

Texan_Bill
11-25-2011, 08:38 PM
I Don't Know About You But I Believe..............

I believe Lienart will come out a little slow, a little rusty BUT will be fine. Dude has proven on a large stage that he is a winner. He also was a victim of his own success by being "the man"... That translated to a lot of immaturity in Arizona, then the injury....

A lot should be said for the fact that he has been taken most of the first team snaps with Schaub having been "beat up" even before Schaub's season ending injury... He's had a full week of snaps and film to get ready for this weekend. The only thing he has to worry about, is full game speed!!!

This offense isn't about the QB like Brees, Brady or Manning... It's about the offense.

"Chill Houston, I got this!!!" Signed, Matt Lienart

SheTexan
11-25-2011, 08:41 PM
Never stopped believing!!

BUT, every time I see the Ravens play I get stomach pains. Their D is brutal, but, so is ours!! I just believe the key to INDY in Feb is to gain home field advantage. That all said, I'll just keep on believin that will happen. If not, and the Steelers or Ravens get the best of us, there is next year, and I'll still be believin!!!

gary
11-25-2011, 09:03 PM
The time is now I feel it.

MEGA SWATT
11-25-2011, 09:28 PM
You would not want to hear anything from the players? Ever? Interviews are in their contracts as well.

I know about the forced interviews, NBA has that as well. I've really just grown tired of hearing our players talk. I REALLY love watching them play. This bye week has been torture. Interviews and such have not helped eliminate the torture. Once they get into the postseason just once, I will enjoy those interviews.

gary
11-25-2011, 09:49 PM
I know about the forced interviews, NBA has that as well. I've really just grown tired of hearing our players talk. I REALLY love watching them play. This bye week has been torture. Interviews and such have not helped eliminate the torture. Once they get into the postseason just once, I will enjoy those interviews.
I am one who likes to hear how they feel and their thoughts and opinions on things. Not the same ones all the time but it does not affect anything on the field/court. I don't know if they are always telling the truth but I still enjoy some insight from time to time nevertheless JMO.

Texan_Bill
11-25-2011, 09:57 PM
I give a damn about the rats ass!!! Just come out in JAX and handle yo business!! That is all!

MEGA SWATT
11-25-2011, 10:00 PM
I am one who likes to hear how they feel and their thoughts and opinions on things. Not the same ones all the time but it does not affect anything on the field/court. I don't know if they are always telling the truth but I still enjoy some insight from time to time nevertheless JMO.

Maybe you're less jaded since you were about 10 when the team came into existence. Back on topic, I agree with you and I believe!

axman40
11-25-2011, 10:43 PM
I believe that you should always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time you see them.
:texflag:

thunderkyss
11-25-2011, 11:19 PM
The playoffs are the ultimate 1 & oh gutcheck, so it's more than appropriate.

I agree. But to imply our players are talking the talk & not backing it up on the field.....

preposterous I say.... preposterous.

Texan_Bill
11-25-2011, 11:26 PM
I believe this... The Texans are going to ask us to unass a bunch of cash for the playoffs...

AND I will gladfully do so!!! HELLZ YEAH!!!!