PDA

View Full Version : Delusional Jags' Fan

XI CMURDER IX
11-22-2011, 05:37 PM
agreed, just to add to what you said... I think the jags are closer to being a top flight team than the Texans are... Our D is just better, our QB will eclipse Shaub by the end of next year, our GM will get us recievers that will be productive, and next year we'll have a HC that will be better than Kubiak as well...

We're on the upswing. The texans are peaking. If the texans don't make thier run now, they're gonna never make it...

Jags = Up and Coming

It's just a matter of time and staying patient and positive as a fan...

This is either the most sarcastic fan in the entire NFL, or he is the most delusional. On the upswing? Because nothing says up and coming like a 3 and 7 record, right?!

I honestly can't think of a head coach that would want that team! The more likely scenario has them going to Los Angeles, in my opinion.

On a serious note though, they are a couple of drafts and many free agents away from being a good solid team. Their offense can't even muster more than 10 points against the Browns, or what most of the Jags' fans called an overrated and mediocre defense when we played them.

What do y'all think, delusional or sarcastic?

EDIT: It has been a VERY LONG bye week, too. Thank goodness that is over!

Thorn
11-22-2011, 05:42 PM
The Jags have a good defense and one quality RB. That's it. The Texans have so much more than that it's not even funny. Sheesh......

Ryan
11-22-2011, 05:47 PM
and MJD only has 2 or 3 quality years left before the inevitable running back decline. Aren't we pretty much younger than the Jags at everything other than QB and maybe WR?

TexanSam
11-22-2011, 05:48 PM
:spit:

dream_team
11-22-2011, 05:49 PM
I like him. He's positive and has hope for his team. He's delusional, but I like his attitude.

nero THE zero
11-22-2011, 05:54 PM
We are a top flight team. So, his argument is inherently flawed.

That said, the Jags have a good defense and, as we have seen numerous times, it only takes one good offseason to propel a 10 loss team to 10 wins.

AnthonyE
11-22-2011, 05:54 PM
I like him. He's positive and has hope for his team. He's delusional, but I like his attitude.

I agree. He sounds like me several years back.

"Carr will start to develop under Kubiak and Wali Lundy will emerge as a top RB! Andre Johnson is the most underrated WR in the league and all these number 1 picks spend on the D will payoff as we'll have one of the stoutest D-Lines!!!1one!"

80tothezone
11-22-2011, 05:56 PM
I think he's right ..... I mean technically we been on th upswing since 2-14 a very slow long grueling upswing filled with years of disappointment and getting owned by the entire NFL. So if his point is that is what is in store for them then I agree.

rush2112mn
11-22-2011, 06:14 PM

Yeah....I am sure you can go look at some of our post back when we had Carr at qb .....

HJam72
11-22-2011, 06:16 PM
He's right. The Jags would be the best team in the NFL right now if the refs would just stop hatin' on them. It's very frustrating. I think the Jags players should start getting violent toward the refs in this upcoming game and throw the game in protest. Matter of fact, it happens 'cause nobody respects Jaxonville and they should just move the team....to San Antonio. Then the Jax fans can root for a real team in a real state and the refs won't discriminate against the team based on....unfairness against stupid people.

badboy
11-22-2011, 06:36 PM
I cannot get mad at another teams fans for wanting their team to be like ours. It's almost Christmas and he is looking forward to finding presents under his tree. He is wise in realizing it will be only another lump of coal. He is already "waiting for next year".

Showtime100
11-22-2011, 06:43 PM
I can relate to him. Bless his crazy, delusional, flat out certifiable heart.

False Start
11-22-2011, 06:46 PM
I want some of what he's smokin. :good:

I just saw they signed Kevin Bentley... maybe we are screwed.

DexmanC
11-22-2011, 06:59 PM

TK, in my opinion, used to sound JUST LIKE this guy two or three years ago. Who
knows, maybe his belief of something that only exists in his mind just may come true.

thunderkyss
11-22-2011, 07:10 PM
TK, in my opinion, used to sound JUST LIKE this guy two or three years ago. Who
knows, maybe his belief of something that only exists in his mind just may come true.

:bat:

Well.... I can't be mad atcha... I agree.

If I were a Jag fan, I'd probably feel the same way. We were worried about missing out on AJs prime years. They've got MJD wasting away.

Heck... Many people here think we aren't going to go far with Kubiak & I'm sure McNair has already decided to bring him back next year & the year after, & the year after....

so who knows?

ObsiWan
11-22-2011, 07:35 PM
This is either the most sarcastic fan in the entire NFL, or he is the most delusional. On the upswing? Because nothing says up and coming like a 3 and 7 record, right?!

On a serious note though, they are a couple of drafts and many free agents away from being a good solid team. Their offense can't even muster more than 10 points against the Browns, or what most of the Jags' fans called an overrated and mediocre defense when we played them.

Neither.
He's what all we fans are: Eternally hopeful and optimistic. Every team has spent time in NFL Suckatory with their fans hoping for the football deities to smile upon them and let them step into the Light.

He's no different than I was 2004. Or 2008... or 2009...
:turtle:

Texan_Bill
11-22-2011, 07:56 PM

I honestly can't think of a head coach that would want that team! The more likely scenario has them going to Los Angeles, in my opinion.

A link would've been cool to see the context of what he was saying.

And, yes please.

GP
11-22-2011, 07:57 PM
The only positive thing he has to hold onto, right now, is the idea that Del Rio gets fired (and they hit the jackpot on a new HC somehow).

Other than that, he's lying to himself in order to "wish away" the pain.

I don't feel sorry for him. Del Rio is a jerk, he coaches his team to be jerks also, and I can't find it in me to have not even one ounce of pity for any of the three AFC South teams.

You guys think they had pity for us the past 9 damn years? Hell no they didn't! We were an easy two wins for each of them (most of the time).

I hope we blast them on Sunday, with Leinart looking like a Pro Bowler the whole day. I hope Yates comes in for garbage time because of how bad we're throttling them.

No quarter shall be given.

ObsiWan
11-22-2011, 08:07 PM
The only positive thing he has to hold onto, right now, is the idea that Del Rio gets fired (and they hit the jackpot on a new HC somehow).

Other than that, he's lying to himself in order to "wish away" the pain.

I don't feel sorry for him. Del Rio is a jerk, he coaches his team to be jerks also, and I can't find it in me to have not even one ounce of pity for any of the three AFC South teams.

You guys think they had pity for us the past 9 damn years? Hell no they didn't! We were an easy two wins for each of them (most of the time).

I hope we blast them on Sunday, with Leinart looking like a Pro Bowler the whole day. I hope Yates comes in for garbage time because of how bad we're throttling them.

No quarter shall be given.

having sympathy for a fan is way different than having pity for his team.
having been there for so long, I feel his pain.
but don't get it twisted - I hope his team continues to suck.

XI CMURDER IX
11-22-2011, 08:11 PM
Neither.
He's what all we fans are: Eternally hopeful and optimistic. Every team has spent time in NFL Suckatory with their fans hoping for the football deities to smile upon them and let them step into the Light.

He's no different than I was 2004. Or 2008... or 2009...
:turtle:

That optimism has to end at some point though, right? Heck, we wanted Kubiak to be a goner last season! I guess that turned out alright, but this year is the only year we have been this many games over .500.

I can see where he is coming from but you have to set your expectations a little lower than from one of the worst teams in the league to one of the best. It happens, but not very often!

Is the NFL Suckatory also known as the Factory of Sadness by the way?

ObsiWan
11-22-2011, 08:39 PM
That optimism has to end at some point though, right? Heck, we wanted Kubiak to be a goner last season! I guess that turned out alright, but this year is the only year we have been this many games over .500.

I can see where he is coming from but you have to set your expectations a little lower than from one of the worst teams in the league to one of the best. It happens, but not very often!

Is the NFL Suckatory also known as the Factory of Sadness by the way?

could be. I imagine Colts fans are being introduced to that concept this year.
goody, goody, goody for their butts

oh, I'm sorry. Was that my outside voice?
:evil:

False Start
11-22-2011, 08:48 PM

Colts = Count-On-Losing-This-Sunday

EllisUnit
11-22-2011, 10:11 PM

These jags sure do have a lot of positive what if scenarios :hurrah::hurrah:

Texan_Bill
11-22-2011, 10:24 PM

I'm not sure that I got an earlier answer -OR- if you did ever find out what they were "smokin"........... Still interested if you find out!!!

I want some of that!!!

The Pencil Neck
11-22-2011, 10:29 PM
I can't bash someone for being delusional about their team. I've been there. Done that. Got the tee shirt.

I think the Texans are built to be successful for a long time IF we can continue with this defense. My hope is that Wade decides to settle in as the Texans' DC for awhile and that he can maintain the type of success he's had so far.

But I could be delusional, too.

MEGA SWATT
11-22-2011, 10:36 PM
what a joke.:specnatz:

chicagotexan2
11-22-2011, 10:36 PM
Dilusional or moronic. Let's keep in mind that this the same fan base that believes they've had all sellouts at home games. Nevermind the fact that the upper levels are covered with tarps and local businesses or the team itself has to buy the tix at the eleventh hour in order to avoid blackouts.

Kthx
11-23-2011, 12:26 AM
If you think the Jags fans are delusional you should check out the Titans message board.

There are topics going on like "if we win all of our next 6 games and Houston loses all of them we have a chance to go to the playoffs blah blah blah".

houstonspartan
11-23-2011, 01:54 AM
There is a difference between being an optimistic fan and simply not knowing anything about football. This guy is clueless. The Jags have a LONG way to go to re-build. They may get lucky and hire a coach that can catch lightening in a bottle like San Fransico did, but, the odds are against them.

If the Texans don't make the playoffs and we fire our entire coaching staff, guess what? We would STILL have the same core group of talented players in place, and our next coach would have a much more solid foundation on which to build than a coach taking over Jacksonville.

That guy is on crack, plain and simple.

ObsiWan
11-23-2011, 06:30 AM
There is a difference between being an optimistic fan and simply not knowing anything about football. This guy is clueless. The Jags have a LONG way to go to re-build. They may get lucky and hire a coach that can catch lightening in a bottle like San Fransico did, but, the odds are against them.

If the Texans don't make the playoffs and we fire our entire coaching staff, guess what? We would STILL have the same core group of talented players in place, and our next coach would have a much more solid foundation on which to build than a coach taking over Jacksonville.

That guy is on crack, plain and simple.

Love is blind. Apparently, that sometimes includes love for one's football team.
:butterfly:

SheTexan
11-23-2011, 06:45 AM
Love is blind. Apparently, that sometimes includes love for one's football team.
:butterfly:

LOVE being delusional!! I think this is what some of you guys call "being a homer!" :)

GlassHalfFull
11-23-2011, 07:14 AM
If you think the Jags fans are delusional you should check out the Titans message board.

There are topics going on like "if we win all of our next 6 games and Houston loses all of them we have a chance to go to the playoffs blah blah blah".

I did peek over at gotitans, they are convinced we stand no chance this Sunday against the jags.

:specnatz:

TimeKiller
11-23-2011, 07:43 AM
I mean really, if you think about it.... what's the difference between today's Jaguar team and the Patriots dynasty teams? Probably just Belicheck and a few decent receivers. Baggert is doing really, really well for a rookie, he unseated the fabled David Garrard! JDRio will be gone next year because the Jaguars are doing so well and the GM that put together half a team can get to work on the other half.

HJam72
11-23-2011, 07:45 AM
I did peek over at gotitans, they are convinced we stand no chance this Sunday against the jags.

:specnatz:

I know we lost our starting QB, but we beat them in Tennessee 41-7 and now they think we can't beat Jax? 41-7! :specnatz:

Texan_Bill
11-23-2011, 07:56 AM
I don't what happened but I can't even get on GoTinnbreds right now! :kitten:

HOU-TEX
11-23-2011, 08:41 AM
A link would've been cool to see the context of what he was saying.

It's from a thread on their message board. I ran across it yesterday.

http://forum.jaguars.com/index.php?showtopic=698989

I don't what happened but I can't even get on GoTinnbreds right now! :kitten:

You finally got approved? I remember going there to sign up a couple few years ago and never got the email or anything. I reckon I could've tried again, but meh

GP
11-23-2011, 09:00 AM
having sympathy for a fan is way different than having pity for his team.
having been there for so long, I feel his pain.
but don't get it twisted - I hope his team continues to suck.

So you feel the Jags fan's pain...but you're relishing the pain of the Colts' fans?

I see all AFC South opponent's teams AND fans the same way: They're the enemy. Regardless of whether the Colts fans have had 10 years of red hot success, or if the Jags have been mired in mediocrity, makes no difference to me. They're all the enemy. They'd relish our pain if it meant their exaltation.

I'm soaking this season in. It's our fist time, as Texans, to be on top looking down and it's not the first 3 weeks of the season either...it's 10 games into the season and a fairly cozy schedule remaining.

It's about time the fans of the Titans/Jags/Colts had to look up and see the Texans glaring down at them from on high. This dog's day has come.

XI CMURDER IX
11-23-2011, 09:04 AM
LOVE being delusional!! I think this is what some of you guys call "being a homer!" :)

If we are sipping the koolaid over on this board, then he must have taken the whole freakin' pitcher of it!

XI CMURDER IX
11-23-2011, 09:09 AM
So you feel the Jags fan's pain...but you're relishing the pain of the Colts' fans?

I see all AFC South opponent's teams AND fans the same way: They're the enemy. Regardless of whether the Colts fans have had 10 years of red hot success, or if the Jags have been mired in mediocrity, makes no difference to me. They're all the enemy. They'd relish our pain if it meant their exaltation.

I'm soaking this season in. It's our fist time, as Texans, to be on top looking down and it's not the first 3 weeks of the season either...it's 10 games into the season and a fairly cozy schedule remaining.

It's about time the fans of the Titans/Jags/Colts had to look up and see the Texans glaring down at them from on high. This dog's day has come.

At first I was like, :panic:

Then I realized you misspelled first and then I was like, :hurrah:

On the last paragraph though I was like, :texflag:

GlassHalfFull
11-23-2011, 09:11 AM
If we are sipping the koolaid over on this board, then he must have taken the whole freakin' pitcher of it!

The question is what was the pitcher laced with?

:glasshalffull:

mootini
11-23-2011, 09:32 AM

You finally got approved? I remember going there to sign up a couple few years ago and never got the email or anything. I reckon I could've tried again, but meh

LOL jaguarwomen is terrible!....I read that on the Jag's board and laughed. If you read the rest of the posts, from the Jag posters, you'll see the true feeling of this game...the Jags stink! The Texans should win this game, but the loss of Schaub is the key to the Texans future for this season? Will Matty boy come in and maintain the ship? That's the big question! Jag fans are fustrated w/9 years of Simple Jack and terrible drafts.

Texan_Bill
11-23-2011, 09:35 AM

Thanks Bro!!

As for as GoTinnbreds, I've been a member over there for years. I used to go sneak attack Flaming Sparrow..... RIP.

76Texan
11-23-2011, 09:38 AM
LOL jaguarwomen is terrible!....I read that on the Jag's board and laughed. If you read the rest of the posts, from the Jag posters, you'll see the true feeling of this game...the Jags stink! The Texans should win this game, but the loss of Schaub is the key to the Texans future for this season? Will Matty boy come in and maintain the ship? That's the big question! Jag fans are fustrated w/9 years of Simple Jack and terrible drafts.

Hmm, I thought Catwomen are supposed to be ....you know! :smiliedance:

Thorn
11-23-2011, 09:39 AM

Except for the Dolts which have horrible fans, I've found most posts by Jag fans and Titan fans (not gotitans by the way, but titanstailgate where Toronto mods) are no different from the ones you read here. We drink our koolaid, yall drink yours. We ***** about our team, you ***** about yours. LOL

mootini
11-23-2011, 09:44 AM
Except for the Dolts which have horrible fans, I've found most posts by Jag fans and Titan fans (not gotitans by the way, but titanstailgate where Toronto mods) are no different from the ones you read here. We drink our koolaid, yall drink yours. We ***** about our team, you ***** about yours. LOL

So ture! That's what makes us great fans...passion! We all drink the Kool Aid from time to time. This is the Texans year! Enjoy it...especially, if you get a home Playoff game! Nothing is better than watching a playoff game, being in the stands watching your team play.

Texan_Bill
11-23-2011, 10:03 AM
So ture! That's what makes us great fans...passion! We all drink the Kool Aid from time to time. This is the Texans year! Enjoy it...especially, if you get a home Playoff game! Nothing is better than watching a playoff game, being in the stands watching your team play.

It's only been 18 years since we witnessed a playoff football game here in Houston. :gun:

Son of a B............. I was only 26 years old, then. :pissed:

HOU-TEX
11-23-2011, 10:10 AM

Yeah, I peruse through that MB quite often. Primarily the AFC South board. There will always be a few fans that are overly bias towards their team and I don't have much of a problem with it. Heck, we have the same thing here too.

IMO, Leinart is set up for success with the way this team has been playing this season. It would take a monumental fail from both he and the coaches to not win at least half of our remaining games.

BTW, sorry to see y'all lost Session for the remainder of the year. He's a very good LB that hasn't had the best of luck with injuries. Any news on the big DT, Terrence Knighton (I think that's his name)?

Texan_Bill
11-23-2011, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by JAGGYLEE

The texans are coming? Quick! Hide the goats and pass me the 12 gauge JR.!

I found this ironic coming from someone in southern Georgia aka Jacksonville.

Playoffs
11-23-2011, 01:43 PM
Yep.

This, class, is what is called a fan, f-a-n. This is what good fans do.

The antonym of "fan" is the part-timer who's always yelling "fire him"/"trade-him"/"dump-him".

Good fans are like parents -- they stick by their "kids" through the good & bad times. ( No matter how much they mirror our own shortcomings. http://www.gtaforums.com/html//emoticons/lol.gif)