PDA

View Full Version : Harbaugh Bowl-Turkey Day

PsychoLove
11-22-2011, 07:02 AM
Are you biting the hype? "Harbowl" some are calling it. The 49ers are playing some great ball right now! It will be fun to see the 2 Brothers coaching against each other!

SheTexan
11-22-2011, 07:40 AM
Don't care what they call it! GOOOOO NINERS!! I'm still nursing my dream of a Texan/Niner SB!:excited:

PsychoLove
11-22-2011, 09:18 AM
Don't care what they call it! GOOOOO NINERS!! I'm still nursing my dream of a Texan/Niner SB!:excited:

Would be sweet! Who would you root for?

Hardcore Texan
11-22-2011, 08:48 PM
Niners coach is ass.

PsychoLove
11-22-2011, 10:05 PM
Niners coach is ass.

Huh? Why you state that?

ObsiWan
11-22-2011, 10:11 PM
Interesting game. Both teams built the same way. Tough defenses. Solid running games. Iffy QBs.

SF needs to beat Baltimore.
:D

Wolf
11-22-2011, 10:17 PM
was a cool segment on both of the "boys" and how they send game tape to their dad and get pointers

was on NFL network (I think) two weeks ago

JCTexan
11-22-2011, 11:24 PM
Interesting game. Both teams built the same way. Tough defenses. Solid running games. Iffy QBs.

Baltimore needs to beat SF
:D

Fixed it for you. San Francisco has a five game lead in their division and has a two game advantage for a first round bye. Baltimore has two divisional opponents breathing down their necks. This game looks more important to the Ravens imo.

SheTexan
11-22-2011, 11:27 PM
Would be sweet! Who would you root for?

TEXANS of course!! BUT, I would go home with a smile on my face if the Niners won! Sure wouldn't have to live through months of HELL if we lost to someone like the girls from Dallas!! That would be a nightmare that would never end!

Been a Niner fan since i was a teen, but, NO team will ever replace my passion for our Texans!! Diehard for life!!:texan:

Showtime100
11-23-2011, 12:32 AM

As you know my better half is a big Niner fan and she's all worried even though they're all but in and just need to lock up the #2.

I tell her this, and hear me out though I'll be brief. It would serve the Niners well in the long run to get a good old fashioned beating by Baltimore or Pittsburgh, but probably not both. If my team is the Niners I don't want them going into the playoffs riding anything near a 14-game winning streak.

It's really as simple as that in my way of thinking. The '85 Bears give a lot of credit to their Championship run to losing on MNF to Miami that year. It made them re-whet their appetite.

A loss to both Baltimore and Pittsburgh has you wondering what happened to the team that beat the Giants or Philadelphia and a loss by ANYONE from their own division would have the same demoralizing effect. Winning out would make for a happy team going into the post season and I would rather have a team with bit of an attitude.

Donna doesn't buy it, she wants to win them all then have their coaches beheaded after the game but I told her their would be a fine and she backed off. :D

ObsiWan
11-23-2011, 04:11 PM
Fixed it for you. San Francisco has a five game lead in their division and has a two game advantage for a first round bye. Baltimore has two divisional opponents breathing down their necks. This game looks more important to the Ravens imo.

No, you screwed it up.
:foottap:
We need Baltimore to lose so we can become the #2 seed again.

Hello...?

Whose side are you on anywho?

JCTexan
11-23-2011, 04:19 PM
No, you screwed it up.
:foottap:
We need Baltimore to lose so we can become the #2 seed again.

Hello...?

Whose side are you on anywho?

I wasn't looking at it from a Houston prospective.

SheTexan
11-24-2011, 12:58 AM
As you know my better half is a big Niner fan and she's all worried even though they're all but in and just need to lock up the #2.

I tell her this, and hear me out though I'll be brief. It would serve the Niners well in the long run to get a good old fashioned beating by Baltimore or Pittsburgh, but probably not both. If my team is the Niners I don't want them going into the playoffs riding anything near a 14-game winning streak.

It's really as simple as that in my way of thinking. The '85 Bears give a lot of credit to their Championship run to losing on MNF to Miami that year. It made them re-whet their appetite.

A loss to both Baltimore and Pittsburgh has you wondering what happened to the team that beat the Giants or Philadelphia and a loss by ANYONE from their own division would have the same demoralizing effect. Winning out would make for a happy team going into the post season and I would rather have a team with bit of an attitude.

Donna doesn't buy it, she wants to win them all then have their coaches beheaded after the game but I told her their would be a fine and she backed off. :D

To bad the Niners only loss was to the Cowboys! I'm still ticked off about that game, and it was a long time ago! lol

ObsiWan
11-24-2011, 01:48 AM
I wasn't looking at it from a Houston prospective.

wait....
you mean...
there are other perspectives??
:shocked

Wolf
11-24-2011, 07:28 PM
alright.. last NFL game of the day ...thinking the Ravens will win this one

(short week for 9ers and going on the road)

ObsiWan
11-24-2011, 07:31 PM
alright.. last NFL game of the day ...thinking the Ravens will win this one

(short week for 9ers and going on the road)

I'm hoping they lose

gary
11-24-2011, 07:35 PM
Is there a link to watch the game?

Showtime100
11-24-2011, 07:39 PM
Is there a link to watch the game?

Here you go....

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/94006/1/watch-san-francisco-49ers-vs-baltimore-ravens.html

gary
11-24-2011, 07:45 PM
Here you go....

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/94006/1/watch-san-francisco-49ers-vs-baltimore-ravens.htmlMSR. Thanks.

Wolf
11-24-2011, 07:45 PM
I am too OBI . I hope the ravens lose, can only help the Texans

ObsiWan
11-24-2011, 07:50 PM
MSR. Thanks.

I got him for ya.

Showtime100
11-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Alright, Showtime100, RazorOye, Dishman, EVOLVIST, nytexan, thunderkyss, KA4Texan, TheDream34, Pollardized, ADTpaul, BeerTastesLikeVictory, pbat488, Lurvinator11, gwallaia, MadBurgerMaker, disaacks3+, H.C.4100-Bloc, jaayteetx, The Cush, Wolf+, ObsiWan, Marcus, TheRealJoker, TexCanada, gary+............

time for the NINERS!!!!!!!!

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
11-24-2011, 08:22 PM
Ravens are a different team playing at home. I like Baltimore to win this.

Showtime100
11-24-2011, 08:47 PM
Ravens are a different team playing at home. I like Baltimore to win this.

Can't argue with that. I really think SF has the goods to win but if my money has to be thrown on the table I would have to put it on Baltimore.

Thing is, player motivation HAS to be some concern for SF due to their current lofty perch.

Showtime100
11-24-2011, 09:28 PM
Pass interference.....I disagree. Niners got hosed.

ObsiWan
11-24-2011, 09:30 PM
Pass interference.....I disagree. Niners got hosed.

I agree, the WR stuck HIS arm in front of the DB. I hate these WR-friendly calls.

Showtime100
11-24-2011, 09:32 PM
I agree, the WR stuck HIS arm in front of the DB. I hate these WR-friendly calls.

Yeah, the consequence of that call was the tough thing.

Showtime100
11-24-2011, 09:43 PM
Please San Francisco, tell me you can do better than this 2:00 offense crap I'm seeing.

ObsiWan
11-24-2011, 09:45 PM
I can't believe Braylon Edwards didn't use his height advantage to go up and get that ball...

oh wait, that was Braylon Edwards...
...I can believe it.

Wolf
11-24-2011, 10:09 PM
Ravens are getting the sacks 6 now

6-6 now

TexanSam
11-24-2011, 10:30 PM
I have Joe Flacco, Ray Rice, and Frank Gore all on my fantasy team. Looks I'm losing this week

Ryan
11-24-2011, 10:43 PM
I have Joe Flacco, Ray Rice, and Frank Gore all on my fantasy team. Looks I'm losing this week

Ha i got Vernon Davis. Not good.

Showtime100
11-24-2011, 11:33 PM
Is that Terrel Suggs on the post game?? Wow. Great player, but sounds and comes across like a complete moron.

Corrosion
11-25-2011, 05:39 AM
Is that Terrel Suggs on the post game?? Wow. Great player, but sounds and comes across like a complete moron.

Dont have to be particularly smart to rush the passer ..... or to play most sports / positions for that matter.

One of the reasons I really question why people put athletes up on this pedistal and call them role models .... or use them to push products. Like Tiger Woods really drives a freakin Buick .... and the companies are stupid for paying the celeb's to push their product. Just give is a good product at a fair price and it'll sell.

I enjoy sports and entertainment in general as much as the next guy but when all's said and done , they shit like I do. They are no better or worse than the next guy .... just because they can run fast or jump high.

SheTexan
11-25-2011, 07:09 AM
Crappy day for football, for me! All my teams lost.

Alex Smith is a moron, has been and always will be!! JMO!! My "dream" of a Niner/Texan SB is just that, a dream. The Niners will probably win their division, but, that will be the end, because that lame brain can't make simple decisions to get himself out of a mess.

ObsiWan
11-25-2011, 09:58 AM
Crappy day for football, for me! All my teams lost.

Alex Smith is a moron, has been and always will be!! JMO!! My "dream" of a Niner/Texan SB is just that, a dream. The Niners will probably win their division, but, that will be the end, because that lame brain can't make simple decisions to get himself out of a mess.

If the Niners had a decent line, he wouldn't have been in those messes. If his offensive coordinator could call plays to offset that max blitz, he could have burned the Ravens every time.

I don't put this on Alex Smith. I put it on the offensive coaching staff and Harbaugh for not making appropriate adjustments. Nine sacks!? And Smith got out of at least half a dozen more possible sacks by running for his life.

No, this is on the coaches for being too stupid to make adjustments.

PsychoLove
11-25-2011, 10:10 AM
Chilo Rachel is the worst guard in the league. He cost the 49ers a TD and gave up 5 sacks!