PDA

View Full Version : NFL Playoff Picture

brakos82
11-21-2011, 08:47 PM
AFC Current standings: (Controls #1) (Controls 1st Round Bye) (Controls Division) (Controls Wild Card)

Ravens (7-3) - #1 seed - next week vs SF
Texans (7-3) - #2 seed - next week at JAX
Patriots (6-3) - #3 seed - tonight vs KC - next week at PHI
Raiders (6-4) - #4 seed - next week vs CHI

Wild Card Race:

Steelers (7-3) - even with BAL - next week at KC
Bengals (6-4) - 1GB from BAL - next week vs CLE
Broncos (5-5) - 1GB from OAK - next week at SD
Jets (5-5) - 1.5GB from NE - next week vs BUF
Titans (5-5) - 2GB from HOU - next week vs TB
Bills (5-5) - 1.5GB from NE - next week at NYJ
Chiefs (4-5) - 1.5GB from OAK - tonight at NE - next week vs PIT

NFC Current Standings: (Controls #1) (Controls 1st Round Bye) (Controls Division) (Controls Wild Card)

Packers (10-0) - #1 seed - next week at DET - can clinch playoff spot next week with win, NYG or DAL loss
49ers (9-1) - #2 seed - next week at BAL - can clinch division with win and SEA loss
Saints (7-3) - #3 seed - next week vs NYG
Cowboys (6-4) - #4 seed - next week vs MIA

Wild Card Race:

Bears (7-3) - 3GB from GB - next week at OAK
Lions (7-3) - 3GB from GB - next week vs GB
Falcons (6-4) - 1GB from NO - next week vs MIN
Giants (6-4) - even with DAL - next week at NO

Playoffs
11-22-2011, 01:58 PM
So easy even I can understand it.

Must spread Rep.

MojoMan
11-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Except now after last night's game the Patriots are the #1 seed, The Ravens #2 and the Texans #3.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs

PsychoLove
11-22-2011, 02:21 PM
Nice work!

badboy
11-22-2011, 03:07 PM
Appreciate the work Brakos. We know it is fluid and will change by game but it does give a snapshot. If you choose to do the work after each future game, I for one would definitely review it.
Steve

Dutchrudder
11-22-2011, 03:38 PM
It's interesting how both North divisions control 3 playoff spots in each conference. They still have quite a few divisional games left to play.

Norg
11-22-2011, 04:47 PM
badda BOOM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

HJam72
11-22-2011, 07:19 PM
badda BOOM

Very impressive effort, Norg. :)

paycheck71
11-22-2011, 07:26 PM
badda BOOM

I've entered my picks for all the remaining games winners/losers, and I'm having a hard time coming up with a realistic scenario where the Texans have a seed above 3. I'll still take it.

HJam72
11-22-2011, 07:39 PM
If we beat either Atlanta or Cincinatti, we can get #2. Problem is we gotta do it without Schaub. If we can't, we're not going anywhere in the playoffs anyway.

paycheck71
11-22-2011, 07:45 PM
If we beat either Atlanta or Cincinatti, we can get #2. Problem is we gotta do it without Schaub. If we can't, we're not going anywhere in the playoffs anyway.

In my scenario we beat ATL and lose @CIN, finish 12-4 (which I think is the best case scenario for the Texans), and are in a 4 way tie with NE, PIT, and BAL. NE and BAL would get #1 and #2 seeds then. We need BAL to stumble a couple of times, starting with this Thursday, but I have a feeling they'll win the "Harbowl"

thunderkyss
11-22-2011, 08:48 PM
It's interesting how both North divisions control 3 playoff spots in each conference. They still have quite a few divisional games left to play.

AFC North Plays the AFC South & the NFC West...... two of the weakest divisions in the league this year.

NFC North plays the NFC South & the AFC West.... a total of 3 teams currently over .500, 5 teams at or below .500

ObsiWan
11-22-2011, 10:08 PM
AFC Current standings: (Controls #1) (Controls 1st Round Bye) (Controls Division) (Controls Wild Card)

Ravens (7-3) - #1 seed - next week vs SF
Texans (7-3) - #2 seed - next week at JAX
Patriots (7-3) - #3 seed - next week at PHI

Wild Card Race:

Jets (5-5) - 1.5GB from NE - next week vs BUF
Bills (5-5) - 1.5GB from NE - next week at NYJ
Chiefs (4-5) - 1.5GB from OAK - tonight at NE - next week vs PIT

NFC Current Standings: (Controls #1) (Controls 1st Round Bye) (Controls Division) (Controls Wild Card)

Packers (10-0) - #1 seed - next week at DET - can clinch playoff spot next week with win, NYG or DAL loss
49ers (9-1) - #2 seed - next week at BAL - can clinch division with win and SEA loss
Saints (7-3) - #3 seed - next week vs NYG
Cowboys (6-4) - #4 seed - next week vs MIA

Wild Card Race:

Bears (7-3) - 3GB from GB - next week at OAK
Lions (7-3) - 3GB from GB - next week vs GB
Falcons (6-4) - 1GB from NO - next week vs MIN
Giants (6-4) - even with DAL - next week at NO

Nice work.
repped.
You gonna keep this up to date?
:)

brakos82
11-22-2011, 11:23 PM
For whatever reason I can't edit my original post, so I'll just add on as we go. Also tweaked the colors because colorblind me can't see the difference between the old red and green. :lol:

Patriots (7-3) - #1 seed - next week at PHI
Ravens (7-3) - #2 seed - next week vs SF
Texans (7-3) - #3 seed - next week at JAX

Wild Card Race:

Jets (5-5) - 2GB from NE - next week vs BUF
Bills (5-5) - 2GB from NE - next week at NYJ

NFC remains same as last post.

The Pencil Neck
11-22-2011, 11:55 PM
So, in summary, we need the Texans to keep winning and we need the Patriots and Ravens to lose at least one.... and then we'll be the #1 seed.

brakos82
11-23-2011, 12:07 AM
So, in summary, we need the Texans to keep winning and we need the Patriots and Ravens to lose at least one.... and then we'll be the #1 seed.

Pretty much.

HJam72
11-23-2011, 08:27 AM

I believe I had the Ravens losing one on the road and that's why I had us as a possible 2.

MistaRed
11-23-2011, 10:25 AM
I believe I had the Ravens losing one on the road and that's why I had us as a possible 2.

Ravens have 2 games I could see them losing(49ers and @Bengals in Week 17)
The Pats could very well lose to the Eagles this week.

Texans just have to take care of business.

brakos82
11-24-2011, 11:36 PM
Not much change with the Turkey day games, other than DET falling back a step in the wild-card hunt. SF still has control of #2 after loss. Full post after Sunday's games.

brakos82
11-26-2011, 11:41 PM
What to watch Sunday for the Texans:

If Houston wins:
New England loss to Philadelphia would give Houston control of #2 seed.
Raiders loss to Chicago would improve odds of higher playoff seed.
Titans loss to Tampa would all but eliminate them from the division title race.

With a Houston loss, they would only control the #4 seed.

- If Houston wins out (13-3), they have a 68% chance of taking the #1 seed, and are almost guaranteed (98%) a first-round bye.
- If Houston loses only 1 more game (12-4), they have a 1 in 4 change to get the #1 seed, and a 3 in 4 chance at a first-round bye.
- An 11-5 record will only give Houston a 1 in 3 chance of a first-round bye.

welsh texan
11-27-2011, 06:36 AM

They'll be playing in snow pretty soon as well won't they? Thats a great leveller so it will be interesting to see how they finish out the season, this has been a strange season and whilst a few teams in the AFC are beginning to stand out no one has yet got the playoffs sewn up so a lot can change.

brakos82
11-27-2011, 11:34 PM
Little change in the standings on either side.

Ravens (8-3) - #1 seed - next week at CLE
Patriots (8-3) - #2 seed - next week vs IND
Texans (8-3) - #3 seed - next week vs ATL
Raiders (7-4) - #4 seed - next week at MIA

Wild Card Race:

Steelers (8-3) - even with BAL - next week vs CIN
Bengals (7-4) - 1GB from BAL - next week at PIT
Broncos (6-5) - 1GB from OAK - next week at MIN
Jets (6-5) - 2GB from NE - next week at WAS
Titans (6-5) - 2GB from HOU - next week at BUF

Packers (11-0) - #1 seed - next week at NYG
- Can clinch playoff spot with win
- Can clinch division with either: win and DET loss, or CHI and DET loss
- Can clinch first-round bye with: win, NO loss (MNF), DET loss, and DAL loss
49ers (9-2) - #2 seed - next week vs STL
- Can clinch division with either: win, or SEA and AZ losses
Saints (7-3) - #3 seed - MNF vs NYG - next week vs DET
Cowboys (7-4) - #4 seed - next week at AZ

Wild Card Race:

Bears (7-4) - 4GB from GB - next week vs KC
Lions (7-4) - 4GB from GB - next week at NO
Falcons (7-4) - 1/2GB from NO - next week at HOU
Giants (6-4) - 1/2GB from DAL - MNF at NO - next week vs GB

The Pencil Neck
11-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Little change in the standings on either side.

Ravens (8-3) - #1 seed - next week at CLE
Texans (8-3) - #3 seed - next week vs ATL

You're wrong.

WE are the #1 seed, not the Ravens. Because there's a 3 way tie for first, the head to head is thrown out and it goes to another tie-breaker, conference record, iirc. And WE have the best conference record.

brakos82
11-29-2011, 01:28 PM
You're wrong.

WE are the #1 seed, not the Ravens. Because there's a 3 way tie for first, the head to head is thrown out and it goes to another tie-breaker, conference record, iirc. And WE have the best conference record.

Yeah, the site that I typically use for seeding, forgot to reseed (or the site goes by who controls which position, which is more accurate than the "if playoffs started today" outlook). BAL still controls the #1 though.

brakos82
11-29-2011, 01:39 PM
Fixed AFC standings, MNF added, GB clinched playoffs

Texans (8-3) - #1 seed - next week vs ATL
Ravens (8-3) - #3 seed - next week at CLE

Wild Card Race:

Steelers (8-3) - even with BAL - next week vs CIN
Bengals (7-4) - 1GB from BAL - next week at PIT
Broncos (6-5) - 1GB from OAK - next week at MIN
Jets (6-5) - 2GB from NE - next week at WAS
Titans (6-5) - 2GB from HOU - next week at BUF

- Has clinched #6 seed
- Can clinch division with either: win, or SEA and AZ loss
Saints (8-3) - #3 seed - next week vs DET

Wild Card Race:

Falcons (7-4) - 1GB from NO - next week at HOU
Giants (6-5) - 1GB from DAL - next week vs GB

Norg
11-29-2011, 03:25 PM
U know if this tebow magic continues i see Denver some how Getting the #2 seed and some how the chargers make the playoffs which they still can and wel play the chargers

thunderkyss
11-29-2011, 07:59 PM
BAL still controls the #1 though.

Sort of.

If a team controls the #1 position, to me that says regardless what happens, as long as the team continues to win, that team will be the #1 seed. That is not the case with either of the three teams.

If New England, Baltimore, & the Texans continue to win, we are the #1 seed.

If New England were to lose, Baltimore & the Texans continue to win, then Baltimore is the #1 seed.

That's my definition of "control" what is yours?

JCTexan
11-29-2011, 08:11 PM
Sort of.

If a team controls the #1 position, to me that says regardless what happens, as long as the team continues to win, that team will be the #1 seed. That is not the case with either of the three teams.

If New England, Baltimore, & the Texans continue to win, we are the #1 seed.

If New England were to lose, Baltimore & the Texans continue to win, then Baltimore is the #1 seed.

That's my definition of "control" what is yours?

Are you sure about that? The Texans right now hold the #1 seed because of conference record (or so I've heard). Right now the Texans are 7-2 in the conference, New England 6-2 and Baltimore is 5-2. I'm pretty sure every team will have the same number of games played inside the conference. So I don't know if Houston will hold the tiebreaker if all three teams continue winning.

thunderkyss
11-29-2011, 08:48 PM
Are you sure about that? The Texans right now hold the #1 seed because of conference record (or so I've heard). Right now the Texans are 7-2 in the conference, New England 6-2 and Baltimore is 5-2. I'm pretty sure every team will have the same number of games played inside the conference. So I don't know if Houston will hold the tiebreaker if all three teams continue winning.

Houston still has 3 conference games, Cincy, Indy, & Tennessee. We'll be 10-2 in the conference.

Baltimore has 5 conference games left, so they would be 10-2

New England has 4 conference games & would be 10-2 as well, so you're right about that.

The next tie breaker is Strength of Victory. I don't know what that would be at 13-3

The Pencil Neck
11-29-2011, 09:05 PM
Houston still has 3 conference games, Cincy, Indy, & Tennessee. We'll be 10-2 in the conference.

Baltimore has 5 conference games left, so they would be 10-2

New England has 4 conference games & would be 10-2 as well, so you're right about that.

The next tie breaker is Strength of Victory. I don't know what that would be at 13-3

Is that Margin of Victory? If so, we're in the lead right now (114) with New England second (108) and Baltimore third (90). But if we eke out a few tight victories, we could easily lose that.

JCTexan
11-29-2011, 09:29 PM
Is that Margin of Victory? If so, we're in the lead right now (114) with New England second (108) and Baltimore third (90). But if we eke out a few tight victories, we could easily lose that.

No, it's not. Strength of victory is the combined won-lost-tied percentage of all the teams that a club has defeated. I would imagine at least Baltimore would be ahead of Houston having already defeated Pittsburgh twice, but I don't know the exact percentage of the three teams.

JCTexan
11-29-2011, 09:39 PM
I just found a page with each teams strength of victory. If that's what it comes down to it looks like this right now:

Baltimore - .591
New England - .466
Houston - .352

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/conferenceRank/order/false

The Pencil Neck
11-29-2011, 09:40 PM
No, it's not. Strength of victory is the combined won-lost-tied percentage of all the teams that a club has defeated. I would imagine at least Baltimore would be ahead of Houston having already defeated Pittsburgh twice, but I don't know the exact percentage of the three teams.

Damn.

Yeah, we've beaten a bunch of cream-puffs. We'll probably end up being the 3rd seed on that.

We need to just win out and let the Ravens and Patriots lose a couple of games.

IDEXAN
11-30-2011, 07:39 AM
In the brand new world of TJ Yates as our starting QB, I'm assuming nothing including even getting into the playoffs until and if we clinch the AFC South.

drs23
11-30-2011, 01:36 PM
In the brand new world of TJ Yates as our starting QB, I'm assuming nothing including even getting into the playoffs until and if we clinch the AFC South.

Where's the Debbie Downer gif??:strangle:

thunderkyss
11-30-2011, 03:46 PM
Are we still the #1 seed?

JCTexan
11-30-2011, 04:47 PM

Right now? Yes. Baltimore controls it based off Strength of Victory, though. Based off strength of victory Baltimore would get the #1 seed, New England the #2 and Houston the #3 right now.

The Pencil Neck
11-30-2011, 05:27 PM

Right now, we are the #1 seed. But if we win out, the Patriots win out, and the Ravens win out, the Ravens will end up #1.

Dutchrudder
11-30-2011, 06:43 PM
- Has clinched #6 seed
- Can clinch division with either: win, or SEA and AZ loss
Saints (8-3) - #3 seed - next week vs DET

Wild Card Race:

Falcons (7-4) - 1GB from NO - next week at HOU
Giants (6-5) - 1GB from DAL - next week vs GB

With regard to the NFC Wildcard, the Falcons should be listed #6. If there is a 3-way tie for the wildcard spots, then the first tiebreaker is among division rivals first (Bears and Lions). So whoever wins that tiebreaker gets in, and the Falcons get the other spot by default.

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

thunderkyss
11-30-2011, 08:04 PM
Right now? Yes. Baltimore controls it based off Strength of Victory, though. Based off strength of victory Baltimore would get the #1 seed, New England the #2 and Houston the #3 right now.

Right now, we are the #1 seed. But if we win out, the Patriots win out, and the Ravens win out, the Ravens will end up #1.

I know, I just like hearing it.

:specnatz:

brakos82
12-04-2011, 05:43 PM
With the early games done:

- DEN takes over AFC West lead; OAK loses control of division
- CIN loses control of wildcard
- ATL (as of now) lost control of wildcard, could regain it with NYG loss later today.

JCTexan
12-04-2011, 06:58 PM
With the early games done:

- DEN takes over AFC West lead; OAK loses control of division
- CIN loses control of wildcard
- ATL (as of now) lost control of wildcard, could regain it with NYG loss later today.

I don't think the Texans are the #1 seed in the AFC now. The Patriots are now 7-2 in the conference, therefore the Texans move to the #3 in the AFC once Baltimore finishes off Cleveland.

brakos82
12-04-2011, 07:07 PM
I don't think the Texans are the #1 seed in the AFC now. The Patriots are now 7-2 in the conference, therefore the Texans move to the #3 in the AFC once Baltimore finishes off Cleveland.

That's still splitting straws... only Baltimore controls their #1 fate, and barring a Flaccocopter will for another week.

JCTexan
12-04-2011, 07:28 PM
That's still splitting straws... only Baltimore controls their #1 fate, and barring a Flaccocopter will for another week.

It's at least worth the mention here. New England is now the #1 seed based off conference record over Baltimore and Strength of Victory over Houston. Baltimore is the #2 seed based off head-to-head over Htown. New England & Baltimore will flip-flop if Baltimore takes care of business next week against Indianapolis.

brakos82
12-04-2011, 08:51 PM
As of second half games:

- SF clinches NFC West

Full updates, with new clinching options Monday.

MojoMan
12-04-2011, 08:55 PM
After this week's games, the top four seeds in the AFC are as follows:

1. New England
2. Baltimore
3. Houston
4. Denver

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/conferenceRank/order/false

Rey
12-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Al michaels just said we are the #1 seed. Lol.

They are going to talk about us at halftime.

"most resilient team in the NFL"

brakos82
12-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Decided to do the full picture tonight since the MNF game is 2 sucky teams. Enjoy!

Patriots (9-3) - #1 seed - next week at WAS
- Can clinch division with win, NYJ loss
Ravens (9-3) - #2 seed - next week vs IND
Texans (9-3) - #3 seed - next week at CIN
- Can clinch division with win, TEN loss
Broncos (7-5) - #4 seed - next week vs CHI

Wild Card Race:

Steelers (9-3) - even with BAL - next week vs CLE
- Can clinch playoff spot with: win, AND 3 out of 4 (NYJ, CIN, TEN, OAK) losses
Bengals (7-5) - 2GB from BAL - next week vs HOU
Jets (7-5) - 2GB from NE - next week vs KC
Raiders (7-5) - even with DEN - next week at GB
Titans (7-5) - 2GB from HOU - next week vs NO

*assumes NO win, DET loss tonight. Will be updated if otherwise.

Packers (12-0) - #1 seed - next week vs OAK
- Has clinched division
- Can clinch first round bye with: win or NO loss
49ers (10-2) - #2 seed - next week at ARZ
- Has clinched division
Saints (9-3) - #3 seed - next week at TEN
Cowboys (7-5) - #4 seed - next week vs NYG

Wild Card Race:

Bears (7-5) - cannot win division - next week at DEN
Lions (7-5) - cannot win division - next week vs MIN
Falcons (7-5) - 2GB from NO - next week at CAR
Giants (6-6) - 1GB from DAL - next week at DAL

Norg
12-05-2011, 02:32 AM
nothin changed much we need Pats and ravens to lose and obvs 4 us to keep winning

I think Tenn will deff lose to ATL and NOLA thes next few weeks so that will really help us

HJam72
12-05-2011, 04:51 AM
Due to the fact that it will be our first ever playoff game, I'd almost rather be #3 anyway and play in the first round against the #6 seed. Better chance of winning our first playoff game, even if a bye would have gotten us just as far without playing.

Dutchrudder
12-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Due to the fact that it will be our first ever playoff game, I'd almost rather be #3 anyway and play in the first round against the #6 seed. Better chance of winning our first playoff game, even if a bye would have gotten us just as far without playing.

I kind of like that idea too. I think we end up as the #3 seed, which would be great. I don't want to play the Steelers or Ravens who will likely be the #5 seed. Playing the Titans at home for our first playoff victory would be pretty awesome.

thunderkyss
12-05-2011, 10:13 AM
I kind of like that idea too. I think we end up as the #3 seed, which would be great. I don't want to play the Steelers or Ravens who will likely be the #5 seed. Playing the Titans at home for our first playoff victory would be pretty awesome.

It's hard to get a win in the NFL.

It's difficult to beat a team twice in the same season.

It's nigh impossible to beat a team three times in the same season.

JCTexan
12-05-2011, 02:16 PM

I would agree with this if having that #3 seed didn't mean having to travel to Baltimore or New England. The elite teams are harder to beat on the road. Baltimore right now is 6-0 in Baltimore and 3-3 on the road. Home field advantage in that game could be the difference.

srrono
12-05-2011, 02:39 PM
if HOU NE BAL all finish 13-3 HOU will be #3 seed we have to hope HOU goes undefeated & NE or BAL loses at least 1 game to be #2 seed with a bye.

NE @WAS @DEN vsMIA vsBUF
BAL vs IND @SD vsCLE @CIN

unless PIT can win AFC North we have tie breaker on PIT
PIT vsCLE @SF vsSTL @CLE

brakos82
12-05-2011, 02:42 PM
if HOU NE BAL all finish 13-3 HOU will be #3 seed we have to hope HOU goes undefeated & NE or BAL loses at least 1 game to be #2 seed with a bye.

NE @WAS @DEN vsMIA vsBUF
BAL vs IND @SD vsCLE @CIN

unless PIT can win AFC North we have tie breaker on PIT
PIT vsCLE @SF vsSTL @CLE

And looking at that, let's hope Tebow-mania continues for another 2 weeks. #tebowing

Norg
12-05-2011, 02:50 PM
if we get the number 1 seed or number 2 seed we will still end up prob playing the Ravens LOL and steelers

srrono
12-05-2011, 02:51 PM
And looking at that, let's hope Tebow-mania continues for another 2 weeks. #tebowing

your right i am now a Tebow fan:thisbig::thisbig::thisbig:

Señor Stan
12-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Root for Jacksonville tonight. First time I've ever said that.

A Jacksonville win helps our strength of victory and a SD loss hurts the Patriots SOV.

Jacksonville win vs. SD
Miami win vs. Philly
Tampa win vs. Dallas

All other games go by best winning % and....

Texans are #2 seed (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&12=05010454&13=05541044&14=04455500&15=00101005&16=00415014)

JCTexan
12-05-2011, 03:00 PM
if we get the number 1 seed or number 2 seed we will still end up prob playing the Ravens LOL and steelers

That's practically a given. Having the #1 or #2 seed just means those games will be in Reliant instead of on the road.

TD
12-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Delete

brakos82
12-11-2011, 10:10 PM
AFC Current standings: (Controls #1) (Controls 1st Round Bye) (Controls Division) (Controls Wild Card)(Percentages are probability of making playoffs if not clinched)

Texans (10-3) - #1 seed - next week vs CAR
- Clinched division
Ravens (10-3)(>99%) - #2 seed - next week at SD
- Can clinch playoff berth with win, or 2 of 3 (TEN, OAK, NYJ) losses
Patriots (10-3)(>99%) - #3 seed - next week at Tebowland... er... DEN
- Can clinch division with win or NYJ loss
Broncos (8-5)(89%) - #4 seed - next week vs NE

Wild Card Race:

Steelers (10-3) - even with BAL - next week at SF
- Has clinched playoff berth
Jets (8-5)(59%) - 2GB from NE - next week at PHI
Raiders (7-6)(22%) - 1GB from DEN - next week vs DET
Titans (7-6)(18%) - cannot win division - next week at IND
Bengals (7-6)(12%) - 3GB from BAL - next week at STL

I'll do the NFC after the Dallas/NY game.

Señor Stan
12-14-2011, 09:54 AM
The best playoff scenario where Houston gets the #2 seed and a bye week (given a tie between the Patriots / Ravens / Texans)

The Cowboys wet the bed scenario (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&14=44455500&15=00101005&16=00015014)

Patriots, Baltimore, Houston win out...

Tampa beats Dallas
NY Giants beat Dallas

#2 seed and a bye week for us!

thunderkyss
12-14-2011, 10:05 AM
The best playoff scenario where Houston gets the #2 seed and a bye week (given a tie between the Patriots / Ravens / Texans)

The Cowboys wet the bed scenario (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&14=44455500&15=00101005&16=00015014)

Patriots, Baltimore, Houston win out...

Tampa beats Dallas
NY Giants beat Dallas

#2 seed and a bye week for us!

How do we move ahead of New Englan?

Señor Stan
12-14-2011, 10:39 AM

Strength of Victory(SOV) my friend...

Patriots beat the Cowboys
Patriots lost to the Giants
The Texans beat Tampa.

Cowboys losses hurt Patriots SOV.
Giants victories don't affect Patriots SOV.
Tampa wins help Houston's SOV.

The Pencil Neck
12-14-2011, 12:22 PM

They have to get Tebowed for us to move past them.

GlassHalfFull
12-14-2011, 12:30 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-not-at-all-premature-2011-playoff-picture-W?urn=nfl-wp13852

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/editorial_image/6c/6c11f77d5bc8540fb124d1b22492d90e/the_notatall_premature_playoff_picture_week_.png

• In the AFC, the only change is that the Houston Texans move into the two-seed ahead of the Baltimore Ravens. That's right. I believe in T.J. Yates that much. You might even say that I have a Yates infection.

• Here's the deal: The Texans, Ravens and Pittsburgh Steelers have identical record at 10-3 (the New England Patriots, too, but they're staying put as the one-seed). The Texans currently have the best conference record, although Baltimore could catch them -- but with road games in San Diego and Cincinnati, I don't think the Ravens are winning out. And if the Yates-infected Texans can beat Atlanta and Cincinnati, what reason is there to believe they can't win out against Carolina, Indy and Tennessee?

NitroGSXR
12-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Does anyone know where I can look to see who's been eliminated from playoff contention? Thanks in advance.

TejasTom
12-15-2011, 12:02 PM
Does anyone know where I can look to see who's been eliminated from playoff contention? Thanks in advance.

Best place:
http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

I see references to ESPN & CBS on here sometimes, but they both have been known to not apply tie breakers correctly.

The Pencil Neck
12-15-2011, 12:07 PM

I've seen a couple of places that explicitly state who's out but I couldn't find them quickly.

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

I think you can infer from this who's not in the hunt anymore.

Señor Stan
12-15-2011, 12:14 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

brakos82
12-15-2011, 12:42 PM
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/afcstandings.html

Señor Stan
12-15-2011, 04:14 PM
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/afcstandings.html

If I am cyphering this correctly the Texans have a 75% probability of a 1st round bye!

thunderkyss
12-15-2011, 04:16 PM
If I am cyphering this correctly the Texans have a 75% probability of a 1st round bye!

99% to be the 3 seed or higher?

brakos82
12-15-2011, 05:40 PM
Yep and yep.

This page goes into game-by-game odds for next week. http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/texansmig.html

Norg
12-16-2011, 01:11 PM
TBo we a destined to take on Tennesse in the wc right now

THe ravens losing to the chargers is our best chance imo

Unless Miami or Bills show up and play and beat the pats

thunderkyss
12-16-2011, 07:46 PM
TBo we a destined to take on Tennesse in the wc right now

THe ravens losing to the chargers is our best chance imo

Unless Miami or Bills show up and play and beat the pats

I mean no disrespect, but you should watch this video. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_mDTLphIVY)

:kitten:

Fred
12-16-2011, 11:08 PM

Look in Indianapolis and Jacksonville. Seriously, right now I think any team with 9 losses (AFC or NFC) is eliminated, and any team with 8 losses still has a mathematical chance (maybe not Buffalo but they will be losing more games anyway).

brakos82
12-16-2011, 11:13 PM

On the 1st link I posted, it shows which playoff spots teams can't get to.

JCTexan
12-19-2011, 12:49 AM
If Pittsburgh and New England stumbles and loses one of their remaining games and all four teams (Houston, Baltimore, Pittsburgh & New England) finish 12-4 this year, Houston will be the #1 seed in the AFC based off Conference Record. Definitely good reason to root against Pittsburgh and New England in the coming weeks. Go Niners!

kiwitexansfan
12-19-2011, 01:46 AM
At the moment we would get the Jets at home.

I think that is a good matchup for us.

Getting Sanchise at home.

brakos82
12-19-2011, 03:57 AM
(Controls #1) (Controls #2) (Controls Division) (Controls Wildcard)

AFC Division Leaders:

Patriots (11-3) - final 2 games vsMIA vsBUF
- Has clinched #3 seed in playoffs
- Can clinch #1 seed with: win, PIT loss tomorrow, PIT loss next week, HOU loss, and BAL loss
- Can clinch #2 seed with: win and HOU loss... or win, PIT loss tomorrow, PIT loss next week, BAL loss
- Current odds of seed placement: #1:52% #2:37% #3:11%

Steelers (10-3) - final 3 games atSF vsSTL atCLE
- Has clinched playoff berth
- Can clinch division with: win tomorrow, win next week, BAL loss
- Can clinch #2 seed with: division clinching scenario and HOU or NE loss
- Can clinch #1 seed with: division clinching scenario and HOU and NE losses
- Current odds of seed placement: #1:39% #2:10% #3:14% #4:<1% #5:37%

Texans (10-4) - final 2 games atIND vsTEN
- Has clinched division
- Can clinch #3 seed with: win, or DEN loss
- Current odds of seed placement: #1:8% #2:23% #3:68% #4:1%

Broncos (8-6) - final 2 games atBUF vsKC
- Can clinch division with: win and OAK loss
- Can clinch playoff berth with: win and NYJ, TEN, CIN losses
- Current odds of seed placement: #2:<1% #3:1% #4:84% #6:2% No Playoffs 13%

AFC Wild Card Race:
Ravens (10-4) - final 2 games vsCLE atCIN
- Has clinched playoff spot
- Can clinch division and #3 seed with: win, PIT loss tomorrow, PIT loss next week
- Can clinch division and #2 seed with: #3 seed clinch scenario and NE and HOU losses
- Current odds of seed placement: #1:1% #2:30% #3:6% #4:<1% #5:63%

Jets (8-6) - final 2 games vsNYG atMIA
- Can only receive #6 spot (current odds 49%)

Bengals (8-6) - final 2 games vsARZ vsBAL
- Can only receive #6 spot (current odds 34%)

Raiders (7-7) - final 2 games atKC vsSD
- Can still win division
- Eliminated from division race with loss
- Eliminated from playoff race with loss, and NYJ or CIN victory
- Current odds of seed placement: #4:8% #6:7% No Playoffs:85%

Chiefs (6-8) - final 2 games vsOAK atDEN
- Can still win division (cannot receive wild card)
- Eliminated from playoffs with: loss, or DEN win
- Current odds of #4 seed: 6%

Chargers (7-7) - final 2 games atDET atOAK
- Can still win division
- Eliminated from division race with: loss, or DEN win
- Eliminated from playoff race with loss, and NYJ or CIN victory
- Current odds of playoff placement: #4:1% #6:3% No Playoffs:96%

Titans (7-7) - final 2 games vsJAX atHOU
- Can still earn #6 seed
- Eliminated from playoffs with: loss, and: NYJ win, or CIN win, or DEN and OAK wins
- Current odds of earning #6 seed: 5%

NitroGSXR
12-25-2011, 07:16 PM
Just a friendly bump.

Heath Shuler
12-28-2011, 04:25 PM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/NFC_playoff_seeding_2011.jpg

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/AFC_playoff_seeding_2011.jpg

kastofsna
12-29-2011, 09:43 AM
pretty colors :3