PDA

View Full Version : ** Official No Game Today Thread **

Thorn
11-20-2011, 06:35 AM
OK, someone had to do it. Go Texans! :cow:

I'll probably be watching the Red Zone channel mixed with a PC game or two, and some Chinese take out. I haven't checked the channels, but if the Atlanta-Tennesse game is shown locally, I'll be watching that one. LOL

DocBar
11-20-2011, 06:52 AM
*sigh* I hate the bye week but realize it helps the team. This is also the one Sunday during the season where I getting much of anything done. Today, I'm changing the UVCH's on my truck.

ThaShark316
11-20-2011, 08:56 AM
Red Zone channel ALL DAY today.

False Start
11-20-2011, 09:05 AM
I didn't even want to get out of bed today....:kitten:

I'll finish watching "Vietnam in HD" on my DVR, after that I plan on taking the kid on a bike ride.

Oh how I dread the offseason. :sleep:

SAMURAITEXAN
11-20-2011, 09:08 AM
At least I won't be sleepy on Monday morning.

Go Texans!!!

Showtime100
11-20-2011, 09:13 AM
I didn't even want to get out of bed today....:kitten:

I'll finish watching "Vietnam in HD" on my DVR, after that I plan on taking the kid on a bike ride.

Oh how I dread the offseason. :sleep:

Hell of a series right there. :tvhorror:

rush2112mn
11-20-2011, 09:27 AM
Yeah....Vietnam in HD is great....so is WWII in HD too..

Corrosion
11-20-2011, 09:28 AM
The Texans really needed a soft opponent like the bye week ..... I predict a Texans win over the bye , AJ back next week with Lienart game ready.

Wolf
11-20-2011, 09:31 AM
So is he roof open or closed?:kitten:

Stemp
11-20-2011, 09:33 AM
Is this first year that the bye ISN'T favored against the Texans by at least 10 points? :cow:

ObsiWan
11-20-2011, 09:59 AM
Is this first year that the bye ISN'T favored against the Texans by at least 10 points? :cow:

Well the Bye IS undefeated
:runaway:

Thorn
11-20-2011, 10:08 AM
Yeah, well I heard the Byes from Bye are bi.

Not there's anything wrong with that. :vincepalm:

ObsiWan
11-20-2011, 10:14 AM
Yeah, well I heard the Byes from Bye are bi.

Not there's anything wrong with that. :vincepalm:
Hey, what the Byes do in ByeVille, STAYS in ByeVille
:backsout:

Thorn
11-20-2011, 10:17 AM
If there was a point to this thread, which there wasn't, it's for sure my pointless thread has been hyjacked.

ObsiWan
11-20-2011, 10:23 AM
So is the roof open or closed?:kitten:

There's a chance of rain, so it probably closed.
:bunpan:

False Start
11-20-2011, 10:23 AM
Hi Jack...Bye Jack...:runaway:

thunderkyss
11-20-2011, 10:24 AM
So, we need

Atlanta to beat the Titans
The Bengals to beat the Ravens
The 'skins to beat big D

Anything eles?

Wolf
11-20-2011, 10:26 AM
I will step out on a ledge and make a bold prediction

no injuries today :cow:

pirbroke
11-20-2011, 10:29 AM
I wonder how many Texans players watch football today or if they just want to get away from it to clear their minds, go play golf or something.

pirbroke
11-20-2011, 10:30 AM
I will step out on a ledge and make a bold prediction

no injuries today :cow:

I don't know, golf can be a dangerous game when played around crappy players.

ObsiWan
11-20-2011, 10:33 AM
So, we need

The 'skins to beat big D

Anything else?

Yes...
Cleveland needs to rise up and steal a win from Jacksonville.
K.C. needs to shock N.E. (In N.E. no less)

neither are likely, but that's what I'd like to see happen.

Showtime100
11-20-2011, 10:34 AM
I don't know, golf can be a dangerous game when played around crappy players.

I would bet we could start a thread on golf course nightmares we've experienced. I've got a doozy or two.

Wolf
11-20-2011, 10:35 AM
So, we need

The 'skins to beat big D

Anything eles?

AJ's guide
Jets lost so I didn't quote it

it's always fun to watch Rex eat his words.

Cincinnati (6-3) over Baltimore (6-3) - This one is almost a tossup from the Texans perspective since both teams have identical records and one of them will be in a tie with the Texans at the end of the weekend. For me it boils down to who is the better matchup for the Texans in the playoffs. And if we could get Baltimore out of there somehow (I know - fat chance) that would be better for the Texans. In other words, I'd rather see Pittsburgh and Cincinnati coming out of the North than Pittsburgh and Baltimore. The last place I want to see the Texans go in January is Baltimore. Well, actually I'd be delighted that they got the opportunity but you know what I mean.

Cleveland (3-6) over Jacksonville (3-6) - Lets take some more wind out of the sails of our division rival, shall we? When the Texans resume play in a week, a 4-6 Jags team sniffing .500 would be a lot more motivated than a 3-7 Jags team that just got beat by the Browns. I just don't think the Browns have enough offense to overcome the Jags defense.

Miami (2-7) over Buffalo (5-4) - I'm basing this pick solely on knocking down the AFC team with the better record. If the Bills lose this one they're playoff chances will decrease dramatically and would put their division rival the Jets a full game and a tiebreaker ahead of them in the wildcard race given the Jets beat Denver tonight. If you can't stand the Jets, root for Buffalo.

Minnesota (2-7) over Oakland (5-4) - NFC over AFC rule. An Oakland loss would turn the AFCW into mediocrity-chaos as the other three teams are currently 4-5.

Atlanta (5-4) over Tennessee (5-4) - If there's a game to follow this weekend it's this one. It goes without saying that a Titans loss would greatly benefit the Texans. But I said it anyway. The Falcons are at home and need a win to keep pace with New Orleans.

Kansas City (4-5) over New England (6-3) - A loss by the Patriots would keep them a full game behind the Texans in the AFC standings. I don't see it happening but you never know, given the recent history between these teams.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Bye week rooting guide for Texans fans - Houston Houston Texans | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/houston-texans-in-houston/bye-week-rooting-guide-for-texans-fans#ixzz1eGQqXmJR

ATXtexanfan
11-20-2011, 10:37 AM
i'm gonna go see twilight

j/k

ObsiWan
11-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Forgot about the Buffalo game. Yeah, they need to lose too.

Showtime100
11-20-2011, 10:44 AM
NASCAR!!!!!!!!!!

I heard after the race they're going to put Kyle Bush on the track without his car and see who can run him down first. :D

Thorn
11-20-2011, 10:47 AM
So, we need

The 'skins to beat big D

Anything eles?

Actually, it would help a tad if the Jags beat Cleveland. It would be one more spot down for the Jags in the draft.

ObsiWan
11-20-2011, 10:48 AM

j/k

hmmmm
I wonder if "The Immortals" is playing at the Star Cinema Grill...

Thorn
11-20-2011, 10:52 AM
hmmmm
I wonder if "The Immortals" is playing at the Star Cinema Grill...

The latest Pirates of the Caribbian movie is on pay for view. I might check that out.

Wolf
11-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Be sure to tune in tomorrow to CBS's NFL Sunday to catch me as a guest host!! What teams do you think are going to get wins tomorrow? Be sure to post your answer!

Arian's facebook page

ObsiWan
11-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Be sure to tune in tomorrow to CBS's NFL Sunday to catch me as a guest host!! What teams do you think are going to get wins tomorrow? Be sure to post your answer!

Arian's facebook page

Coolness.
Thanks for the heads up.

Corrosion
11-20-2011, 11:09 AM
So, we need

The 'skins to beat big D

Anything eles?

Hot Tub Matt to magically turn into a top 5 NFL QB.

FirstTexansFan
11-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Foster looks like Erkel! hehe

Wolf
11-20-2011, 11:15 AM
yes he does lol

his jacket is pretty loud

they asked him about how the team is taking it with Schaub out..he said the identity of the team has been "next man up" and that is how they view it.

should be talking to him more in a bit

Doppelganger
11-20-2011, 11:15 AM
The Texans really needed a soft opponent like the bye week ..... I predict a Texans win over the bye , AJ back next week with Lienart game ready.

The thing about Bye is they are the classic one dimensional team. They have a shutdown Defense and have given up 0 points all year. Problem for them is their offense can't move the ball.

I predict a 0-0 draw.

BeerTastesLikeVictory
11-20-2011, 11:23 AM
The thing about Bye is they are the classic one dimensional team. They have a shutdown Defense and have given up 0 points all year. Problem for them is their offense can't move the ball.

I predict a 0-0 draw.

I do however expect Bye to handle Indy in a 4-0 win. Still no offense, but Safety x 2 secures the victory.

Wolf
11-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Arian fixing to come back on after the commercial(CBS)

Wolf
11-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Casserly said Schaub will see a doctor in Virginia . If doctor says surgery, he is done, if rest they Schaub might be back for playoffs

Nothing really new news

thunderkyss
11-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Forgot about the Buffalo game. Yeah, they need to lose too.

Actually, I want Buffalo to win....... going with the match-up rule, I'd rather see Buffalo take the place of either the Patriots (not likely) or the Jets (likely with a win) in the play-off picture.

Wolf
11-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Arian on

What works for man up next
Says Kubiak is the key to team keeping them going

Not more pressure on him because of Matt 2 coming in

the chin asks Does he have boundaries on his tweeting
Says he wouldn't tweet about injuries again andKubiak discusses tweeting with team

Undrafted and about proving himself ,no chip on his shoulder, just trying to be the best in the league

Record now doesn't matter,Kubiak says keep going, if you drop all the games then texans would be 7-9

talked about namaste meaning

sorry if I missed something.. not too fast typing on an ipad and trying to keep up

Doppelganger
11-20-2011, 11:39 AM
I do however expect Bye to handle Indy in a 4-0 win. Still no offense, but Safety x 2 secures the victory.

Indy looks bad...really bad, but Bye's offense is far worse. Bye's defense is built to prevent points, but cannot score themselves. If they could average just 3 points a game, they would be Superbowl champions.

ObsiWan
11-20-2011, 11:58 AM
yes he does lol

his jacket is pretty loud

they asked him about how the team is taking it with Schaub out..he said the identity of the team has been "next man up" and that is how they view it.

should be talking to him more in a bit

....that jacket....

Norg
11-20-2011, 12:20 PM

j/k

How was about to say give me YOUR MAN CARD !!!!!!!! :koolaid:

ObsiWan
11-20-2011, 12:22 PM

I predict a 0-0 draw.

But as good as their defense is, Bye sucks for getting fantasy football points
:runaway:

The Pencil Neck
11-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Cincy up by 7.

Ravens without Ray Lewis.

ObsiWan
11-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Cincy up by 7.

Ravens without Ray Lewis.

Bolden just scored.
It's about to be a tie game.

Edit: Make that Miami is up over Buffalo 21-3. :D

Jacksonville is up over Cleveland 7-zip. :(

Fili
11-20-2011, 01:09 PM
I'll probably watch the locally shown games then just check the Cincy/Balt game on NFL.com

TheMatrix31
11-20-2011, 01:20 PM
So remember when everyone here was slurping the Lions after we lost to the Raiders and Ravens? And how they've made all this progress and this and that while we haven't done jack and how we're the same old team?

Yeah....

thunderkyss
11-20-2011, 01:21 PM
So remember when everyone here was slurping the Lions after we lost to the Raiders and Ravens? And how they've made all this progress and this and that while we haven't done jack and how we're the same old team?

Yeah....

How do you define "everyone"?

Ghostform
11-20-2011, 01:23 PM
did the announcers take a shot at us in the greenbay game? they said "There are some teams fans who do the wave when the offense is on the field"

TheMatrix31
11-20-2011, 01:28 PM
How do you define "everyone"?

The people who were saying that, duh.

Don't be technical.

TexanSam
11-20-2011, 01:29 PM
Arian Foster is going to be interviewed at halftime of the Bengals/Ravens games.

thunderkyss
11-20-2011, 01:30 PM
The people who were saying that, duh.

Don't be technical.

Just want to acknowledge those that weren't saying it.

pissknocker
11-20-2011, 01:44 PM
hey didnt know foster was on cbs halftime show

pissknocker
11-20-2011, 01:45 PM
Arian Foster is going to be interviewed at halftime of the Bengals/Ravens games. ohhh i see now

Marcus
11-20-2011, 01:59 PM
Did the announcers take a shot at us in the greenbay game? they said "There are some teams fans who do the wave when the offense is on the field"

If they did, we deserve it. We may not have been there before, but we need to act like it.

SheTexan
11-20-2011, 02:07 PM
hey didnt know foster was on cbs halftime show

He was on their pregame show also. Funny guy! I like the way he dresses too. NOTHING boring about our #1 RB!!

False Start
11-20-2011, 02:18 PM
NASCAR!!!!!!!!!!

I heard after the race they're going to put Kyle Bush on the track without his car and see who can run him down first. :D

:yes: :bat:

Pantherstang84
11-20-2011, 02:32 PM
Anymore questions about the Bungles?

EllisUnit
11-20-2011, 02:34 PM
Wow good game today

Texans 300 yards of total offense

Foster 150 2 TDs
Tate 150 2 TDs

Matt Leinart perfect on the day was 30 for 30 on handoffs.

False Start
11-20-2011, 02:40 PM
Damn, the off week SUUUUUUUCKS! :overreact:

EllisUnit
11-20-2011, 02:41 PM

atleast the jags are about to lose, then i am going to watch the titans hopefully lose. Atleast Arian Foster was on the halftime show

False Start
11-20-2011, 02:44 PM
atleast the jags are about to lose, then i am going to watch the titans hopefully lose. Atleast Arian Foster was on the halftime show

Still...:kitten:

Oh well, I haven't hung out with MJ in a few weeks so I guess I'll see what shes up to.

thunderkyss
11-20-2011, 02:55 PM

Yeah....

I'm going to recant a little bit on this one.

Very impressive for the Lions to fight their way back to a lead.. 35-27 right now.

D'oh... it's 35 all now....

thunderkyss
11-20-2011, 03:02 PM

We are currently the #1 seed in the AFC.

Every game today (almost every game) has some implication on that.

How can you possibly be bored?

TheMatrix31
11-20-2011, 03:04 PM
I'm glad the Lions came back.

Pretty weird how the Packers have "struggled" with the Bucs and we shut their asses down.

Pantherstang84
11-20-2011, 03:05 PM
The NFL really needs to fix that stupid Calvin Johnson rule.

TexanSam
11-20-2011, 03:06 PM

Because the Texans aren't playing!

False Start
11-20-2011, 03:18 PM

Just because I am, different strokes for different folks.

Because the Texans aren't playing!

Exactly. :cool:

Stemp
11-20-2011, 03:20 PM
Got some help from the Browns as they took down the Jags

Pantherstang84
11-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Ron Winter and crew home cooks the Ravens to the #1 seed.

Pantherstang84
11-20-2011, 03:24 PM

Not anymore.

ObsiWan
11-20-2011, 03:44 PM
I'm glad the Lions came back.

Pretty weird how the Packers have "struggled" with the Bucs and we shut their asses down.
Our D is better than the Packers'; much better

Ron Winter and crew home cooks the Ravens to the #1 seed.
At least the Buffalo and Jacksonville lost. Tenn. is about to go down [Edit] 10-zip.

Wolf
11-20-2011, 03:57 PM
well I added red to the winners

AJ's guide
Jets lost so I didn't quote it

it's always fun to watch Rex eat his words.

Cincinnati (6-3) over Baltimore (6-3) - This one is almost a tossup from the Texans perspective since both teams have identical records and one of them will be in a tie with the Texans at the end of the weekend. For me it boils down to who is the better matchup for the Texans in the playoffs. And if we could get Baltimore out of there somehow (I know - fat chance) that would be better for the Texans. In other words, I'd rather see Pittsburgh and Cincinnati coming out of the North than Pittsburgh and Baltimore. The last place I want to see the Texans go in January is Baltimore. Well, actually I'd be delighted that they got the opportunity but you know what I mean.

Cleveland (3-6) over Jacksonville (3-6) - Lets take some more wind out of the sails of our division rival, shall we? When the Texans resume play in a week, a 4-6 Jags team sniffing .500 would be a lot more motivated than a 3-7 Jags team that just got beat by the Browns. I just don't think the Browns have enough offense to overcome the Jags defense.

Miami (2-7) over Buffalo (5-4) - I'm basing this pick solely on knocking down the AFC team with the better record. If the Bills lose this one they're playoff chances will decrease dramatically and would put their division rival the Jets a full game and a tiebreaker ahead of them in the wildcard race given the Jets beat Denver tonight. If you can't stand the Jets, root for Buffalo.

Minnesota (2-7) over Oakland (5-4) - NFC over AFC rule. An Oakland loss would turn the AFCW into mediocrity-chaos as the other three teams are currently 4-5.
in progress Atlanta up 10-0 right now
Atlanta (5-4) over Tennessee (5-4) - If there's a game to follow this weekend it's this one. It goes without saying that a Titans loss would greatly benefit the Texans. But I said it anyway. The Falcons are at home and need a win to keep pace with New Orleans.

Kansas City (4-5) over New England (6-3) - A loss by the Patriots would keep them a full game behind the Texans in the AFC standings. I don't see it happening but you never know, given the recent history between these teams.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Bye week rooting guide for Texans fans - Houston Houston Texans | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/houston-texans-in-houston/bye-week-rooting-guide-for-texans-fans#ixzz1eGQqXmJR

TexansBlood
11-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Anybody down for some mw3?

PSN-DeathByVenom49

GuerillaBlack
11-20-2011, 04:11 PM

Yeah....

Lions won big today...

Thorn
11-20-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm trying to decide between left over chicken and ordering a pizza. I have a feeling the next road that chicken crosses is on the way to the trash can.

TheMatrix31
11-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Lions won big today...

Yeah maybe you should check the time I posted that.

ObsiWan
11-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Anybody down for some mw3?

PSN-DeathByVenom49

???

ObsiWan
11-20-2011, 04:59 PM
I'm trying to decide between left over chicken and ordering a pizza. I have a feeling the next road that chicken crosses is on the way to the trash can.

hmmm...
dead chicken or fresh pizza...?
:thinking:

....make the call
:phone:

This just in: Tacks down 20 - 3

Stemp
11-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Hasselbeck injured his elbow and Locker is now in at QB.

ObsiWan
11-20-2011, 05:24 PM
More late breaking news:
Hasselbeck out with elbow injury.
Jake Locker in at QB

GuerillaBlack
11-20-2011, 05:25 PM
Yeah maybe you should check the time I posted that.

Why does it matter when you posted it? You clearly spoke too soon anyway. You were trying to prove to those who wanted Kubiak out (especially when the Texans were 3-3) and looked at the Lions as an example of a team who changed coaches and found quick success, that that didn't help them. Well, they have the same record as us. Took long enough for Kubes. Let's hope the Tirana continue losing.

mattieuk
11-20-2011, 05:26 PM
Eek. Locker to Washington - TD.

ObsiWan
11-20-2011, 05:31 PM
UPDATE:
Locker does what Hasselbeck couldn't; get's the Titans into the endzone on just three passes.

fiasco west
11-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Lol....

Seemingly every single time I start Chris Johnson he has a horrible day. I will now be starting him for the rest of the season.

TheMatrix31
11-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Why does it matter when you posted it? You clearly spoke too soon anyway. You were trying to prove to those who wanted Kubiak out (especially when the Texans were 3-3) and looked at the Lions as an example of a team who changed coaches and found quick success, that that didn't help them. Well, they have the same record as us. Took long enough for Kubes. Let's hope the Tirana continue losing.

The point was that gravity had started to take effect and they were falling back down to Earth. They were getting absolutely humbled when I posted that. And the point wasn't about Kubiak or anything of that sort. The point was judging a season after 5, 6 games. I'm glad they proved me wrong, because I like the Lions.

ObsiWan
11-20-2011, 05:59 PM
When will Mike Smith learn???
ALWAYS
Take
the
points!!

TheMatrix31
11-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Norv Turner is an AWFUL coach and should most definitely be fired.

ObsiWan
11-20-2011, 06:10 PM
Locker brings the Titans to within 6 pts.
If Mike Smith had kicked the FG ATL would be up by 8 or 10 (assuming Tenn. went for two)

Thorn
11-20-2011, 06:13 PM
I'm certainly more impressed with Locker than Hasselbeck. Of course, that's not a good thing.

fiasco west
11-20-2011, 06:14 PM
Turner vs Cushing....who wins?

thunderkyss
11-20-2011, 06:23 PM
The Bucs have lost their last 4 games.

They've lost 5 of their last 6.

steds
11-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Turner vs Cushing....who wins?

Dunno, but either way, Cushing would go back for more.

TheGoldenGreek
11-20-2011, 10:53 PM
http://cdn1.trojanwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/cushingBL.jpg