PDA

View Full Version : Eric Winston Talks Whether the Texans are Cursed

DocBar
11-18-2011, 06:42 PM
LINK (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/18/eric-winston-talks-whether-the-texans-are-cursed/)
Pretty good interview with Winston. I REALLY like that he says the team doesn't like all the negativity concerning Leinart and that the team is anxious to go out and prove the naysayers wrong. Of course, there's no way he's gonna say anything else, but the tone of his voice was pretty convincing.

Kimmy
11-18-2011, 07:37 PM
LINK (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/18/eric-winston-talks-whether-the-texans-are-cursed/)
Pretty good interview with Winston. I REALLY like that he says the team doesn't like all the negativity concerning Leinart and that the team is anxious to go out and prove the naysayers wrong. Of course, there's no way he's gonna say anything else, but the tone of his voice was pretty convincing.

Like how he loves Wingstop?

DocBar
11-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Like how he loves Wingstop?You gotta problem with wings????? LOL

kingh99
11-18-2011, 08:19 PM

In a way, it was a deal with the devil that landed Houston it's new pro football team. Mr. McNair didn't do anything wrong, but the city benefitted by eating it's own in a manner of speaking. I guess it's a Karankawa thing.

The money used to buy the franchise was money earned with some incredibly lucky timing. I admire Mr. McNair and how he came to Houston with $700 and turned it into an empire. That's a great success story. Its' just the money is connected to the Enron bust out. 1.3 billion to be precise. He traded his stock in Cogen for Enron stock which he promptly sold. He got in and got out just in time. It was at the height of the great bull market of the late 90's, 1999 to be precise. That year was the top of the top of the great bull market. There were a lot of broken lives as a result of the Enron collapse. It's a good enough reason to have a curse I suppose.

ps: I am in no way pointing a crooked finger at anyone. He and a lot of other smart investors got out of the way of the train wreck of 2000-01. A lot of companies with ridiculous stock prices went belly up. Exodus, Worldcom and a bunch of others went to zero or near it. George Bush Sr. made a boat load off Global Crossing. It busted out later on. Smart guys sold that pumped up paper. But Enron was so unfortunate that nobody wants to be near that train wreck.

Wolf
11-18-2011, 08:26 PM
I don't know about luck, 10 years later los angeles still can get their crap in gear

kingh99
11-18-2011, 08:27 PM
It could be a curse or a blessing I suppose. He got out and the company and it's stock crashed only months later. He/we the city of Houston as it turned out, got out. We parlayed Enron hot air into a pro football team. That's got a lot more curse potential than blessing, I'm afeared.

Wolf
11-18-2011, 08:32 PM
I don't know about luck, 10 years later los angeles still can get their crap in gear

Kimmy
11-18-2011, 11:42 PM
You gotta problem with wings????? LOL

I gotta problem with him lol

Playoffs
11-19-2011, 12:34 AM
Now we're "cursed" ..... c'mon, man.

We are what our record says we are.

80tothezone
11-22-2011, 04:24 PM
In a way, it was a deal with the devil that landed Houston it's new pro football team. Mr. McNair didn't do anything wrong, but the city benefitted by eating it's own in a manner of speaking. I guess it's a Karankawa thing.

The money used to buy the franchise was money earned with some incredibly lucky timing. I admire Mr. McNair and how he came to Houston with $700 and turned it into an empire. That's a great success story. Its' just the money is connected to the Enron bust out. 1.3 billion to be precise. He traded his stock in Cogen for Enron stock which he promptly sold. He got in and got out just in time. It was at the height of the great bull market of the late 90's, 1999 to be precise. That year was the top of the top of the great bull market. There were a lot of broken lives as a result of the Enron collapse. It's a good enough reason to have a curse I suppose.

ps: I am in no way pointing a crooked finger at anyone. He and a lot of other smart investors got out of the way of the train wreck of 2000-01. A lot of companies with ridiculous stock prices went belly up. Exodus, Worldcom and a bunch of others went to zero or near it. George Bush Sr. made a boat load off Global Crossing. It busted out later on. Smart guys sold that pumped up paper. But Enron was so unfortunate that nobody wants to be near that train wreck.

okay.... what does that have to do with the price of tea in china? Are u saying that we are cursed because he made money off of Enron?

MEGA SWATT
11-23-2011, 02:43 PM
There is NO curse. Next topic.

HJam72
11-23-2011, 02:59 PM
No, we are blessed because he made money on Enron. :fans:

TexansBull
11-27-2011, 05:29 PM
I wonder if he has a different opinion this week...

HTown2ATX
11-27-2011, 07:53 PM
lol.....I brought this subject up, tongue in cheek mind you, a couple weeks ago and everyone instantly starting throwing fecal matter like Ebola infested monkeys lol.....good luck with this topic.

:popcorn:

HJam72
11-27-2011, 07:57 PM
Don't worry. At least the refs won't turn on us 'till the Conference Championship. :)

DocBar
11-27-2011, 10:01 PM
Having lubrucated my synapsis with a little single malt scotch, I think I have an answer. We aren't cursed at all. The football gods are just making sure we have no asterisk by our name when we win the Super Bowl. If we didn't have the adversity of losing some players during the season, everyone would just say we won the AFC South and Super Bowl because P. Manning missed the season. Obviously, it takes a buttload of our players to equal one P. Manning. I would say we're square with the football gods now and can go about our business of winning the Super Bowl with no worries. :dancer:

GuerillaBlack
11-27-2011, 10:43 PM
The football gods just facepalmed when Kubiak put in Leinart instead of Yates. They had to get Yates in the game. It's destiny to have Yates as our QB. Srs.

DocBar
11-27-2011, 10:45 PM
The football gods just facepalmed when Kubiak put in Leinart instead of Yates. They had to get Yates in the game. It's destiny to have Yates as our QB. Srs.ROFL!!! That Jack Black Pick of Destiny popped into my head when I read this!! It popped into my head and hit my funny bone. Is that good or bad? :confused:

BullNation4Life
11-27-2011, 11:06 PM
There is NO curse. Next topic.

not unless you are on the cover of Madden. Go ask Hillis how his season is going....

corytx8
11-27-2011, 11:42 PM
Having lubrucated my synapsis with a little single malt scotch, I think I have an answer. We aren't cursed at all. The football gods are just making sure we have no asterisk by our name when we win the Super Bowl. If we didn't have the adversity of losing some players during the season, everyone would just say we won the AFC South and Super Bowl because P. Manning missed the season. Obviously, it takes a buttload of our players to equal one P. Manning. I would say we're square with the football gods now and can go about our business of winning the Super Bowl with no worries. :dancer:

What he said.

2BCF
11-27-2011, 11:45 PM
Professional sports in Houston: it's where dreams go to die.

DocBar
11-27-2011, 11:49 PM
Professional sports in Houston: it's where dreams go to die.You're FOS! Clutch City, baby!!!
Signed,
The 93-94 Rockets and '05 Astro's (soon to be ratified by the '11 Texan's)