PDA

View Full Version : The 2006 NFL Draft- Best Day Ever

texanway
11-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Williams, Ryans and Daniels in the same draft. Talk about a pot of gold. I always go back to that day and it makes me smile.

Some other players in that draft: Vernon Davis, Haloti Ngata, Nick Mangold, Greg Jennings, Maurice Jones Drew, Brandon Marshall, Cortland Finnegan, Miles Austin (undrafted)

Talk about a stacked class! Would you guys replace those three players with any others?

bo orlando
11-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Williams, Ryans and Daniels in the same draft. Talk about a pot of gold. I always go back to that day and it makes me smile.

Some other players in that draft: Vernon Davis, Haloti Ngata, Nick Mangold, Greg Jennings, Maurice Jones Drew, Brandon Marshall, Cortland Finnegan, Miles Austin (undrafted)

Talk about a stacked class! Would you guys replace those three players with any others?

When the Texans picked Daniels, I remember my first impression being "wtf? why's kubiak picking a converted QB with mediocre college numbers and a regular guy name?" but there was definitely a 'crazy like a fox' element to it that i think best represents kubiak's unique eye for offensive talent.

The Pencil Neck
11-18-2011, 11:03 AM
Don't forget Winston and David Anderson.

And if Spencer hadn't got in the way of the Dayne Train. :vincepalm:

Definitely the best draft in our history. Although our recent drafts are starting to look up with better coaching. Especially the Cushing, Barwin, GQ, Casey, McCain, Nolan draft.

Naiirb
11-18-2011, 11:07 AM
Winston has a decent shot of going to the Pro Bowl this year. If he does that's 4 Pro Bowlers in one draft. Sick

Also speaking of the 2006 draft its funny we also ended up with the 24th overall pick Joseph and 42nd overall pick Manning

valleytexfan
11-18-2011, 11:21 AM
...and the 10th pick Leinart :tiphat:

The Pencil Neck
11-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Winston has a decent shot of going to the Pro Bowl this year. If he does that's 4 Pro Bowlers in one draft. Sick

Also speaking of the 2006 draft its funny we also ended up with the 24th overall pick Joseph and 42nd overall pick Manning

And the #10 overall pick.

b0ng
11-18-2011, 12:10 PM
When the Texans picked Daniels, I remember my first impression being "wtf? why's kubiak picking a converted QB with mediocre college numbers and a regular guy name?" but there was definitely a 'crazy like a fox' element to it that i think best represents kubiak's unique eye for offensive talent.

According to legend, Charlie Casserly was the one who urged Kubiak to look hard at Owen Daniels.

HJam72
11-18-2011, 12:30 PM
Casserly is a genius when there's no pressure.

texanway
11-18-2011, 12:31 PM
I totally forgot about Leinhart going 10th...haha! What a coincidence!

El Tejano
11-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Don't forget Winston and David Anderson.

And if Spencer hadn't got in the way of the Dayne Train. :vincepalm:

Definitely the best draft in our history. Although our recent drafts are starting to look up with better coaching. Especially the Cushing, Barwin, GQ, Casey, McCain, Nolan draft.

I remember when everyone hated the Casey pick.

texanway
11-30-2011, 03:48 PM
I wonder what would have happend if Cutler went before Leinhart and Leinhart ended up on the Broncos. Leinhart had all the tools to be a very viable pro QB but there was something about that Arizona air...

AnthonyE
11-30-2011, 04:50 PM
I remember when everyone hated the Casey pick.

I remember loving the Casey pick.

It was the Anthony Hill pick no one liked.

gg no re
11-30-2011, 04:55 PM
And the #10 overall pick.

We also have the #16 pick too

gg no re
11-30-2011, 04:58 PM
4 2006 1st rounders on our team... fact diggers, what's the NFL record for most 1st rounders from one class on one team?