PDA

View Full Version : The Passion of Tim Tebow

kingh99
11-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Merle Hoge brushes his teeth with crowshit toothpaste after witnessing this latest episode of Miracle at Mile High.:choke:

Dutchrudder
11-17-2011, 10:54 PM
Call me when he wins a playoff game, otherwise it's completely worthless.

brakos82
11-17-2011, 10:56 PM
Call me when he wins a playoff game, otherwise it's completely worthless.

:vincepalm: 2.0

Wolf
11-17-2011, 10:57 PM

MSR ... yes sir!

Dutchrudder
11-17-2011, 10:57 PM

wstf? The dolphins got to thep layoffs with shit for offense a couple years ago and got beat down for being ****upsl That's how it worksin the nfl, you can't be a pretender in the reg season and expect ot make the uper bole.

fiasco west
11-17-2011, 10:59 PM
The guy is super clutch and so was VY.

The question is can this be sustained? He's going to have to work really hard this offseason to become more of a QB, IF he can do that then anything is possible.

brakos82
11-17-2011, 11:01 PM
wstf? The dolphins got to thep layoffs with shit for offense a couple years ago and got beat down for being ****upsl That's how it worksin the nfl, you can't be a pretender in the reg season and expect ot make the uper bole.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/11/17/dd2221aa-37d4-4f63-b0a6-247237ca5cea.jpg

BattleRedToro
11-17-2011, 11:06 PM
MSR ... yes sir!

Molten Salt Reactor?

El Tejano
11-18-2011, 09:13 AM

The question is can this be sustained? He's going to have to work really hard this offseason to become more of a QB, IF he can do that then anything is possible.

Well he did it to us last year so appearantly it hasn't gotten old yet. People forget how he had to work on his mechanics. He did that. So I have no problem that Tim Tebow is going to work on his game and give 100 % towards doing what it takes to be succesful.

VY figured he had it in the bag and never tried to develop.

LikeMike
11-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Yesterday was the first time I watched a Tebow game - and I have to say, it is kinda like an inspirational sports movie.

There is this guy means well but struggles and just doesn`t seem to be good enough to be on this field. It almost seems as if he`s gonna be out of this league after the game. But with the help of his teammates his team stays in the game. And when all is on the line and his teammates need him to excell and do the impossible, he rises to the occasion. All of a sudden everything clicks and with pure will and tenacity he overcomes all odds and wins the game.

But I don`t really believe in a happy end. Teams will figure out how to stop Tebow and his one dimensional offense - and wil build bigger leads coming into the 4th quarter. Tebow may not be out of the league soon - but I could see him as a HB wildcat kinda guy. Heck, maybe even a FB. A coach could be really creative with him, but I don`t think he can really excell as a QB.

HTown2ATX
11-18-2011, 10:07 AM
Merle Hoge brushes his teeth with crowshit toothpaste after witnessing this latest episode of Miracle at Mile High.:choke:

LMAO....exactly...here is what I think (from the Jets - Broncos Gameday thread).....

The real question I have is what did Merrill Hodge do when he saw this game?

Did he break his TV, slap his kids around out of anger, something....? The guy has been nearly foaming at the mouth with venom when he talks about Tebow, it's almost not even reasonable. I don't know if Tebow touched his wife or what but Hodgie goes insane talking about Tebow.

Also, it's funny to see Elway and Fox, IMO mind you, begrudgingly applauding Tebow lol. It's basically like the movie Major League, the kid was put in there to lose and shut everyone up about him but he just keeps winning lmao.

Do I think he is a good QB, of course not. But the guy never did anything to anyone and never hypes himself up but everyone just loves to hate him for some reason. For that, and that alone, I hope he continues to shove it up their asses IMO.

:slapfight:

Vinny
11-18-2011, 10:10 AM
Yesterday was the first time I watched a Tebow game - and I have to say, it is kinda like an inspirational sports movie.
you have just been Tebow'd

HOU-TEX
11-18-2011, 10:12 AM
Not a big Tebow fan, as an NFL QB, but that last drive was impressive.

Dutchrudder
11-18-2011, 10:28 AM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/11/17/dd2221aa-37d4-4f63-b0a6-247237ca5cea.jpg

Was drunk :D

Honoring Earl 34
11-18-2011, 10:34 AM
As long as Denver's defense can keep it close then they have a chance . If the Broncos play a team that jumps out to a big lead then Tebow is not so good . Denver's defense and the offense draining the clock to take away possesions for the other team keeps them in the game .

This is VY the sequeal . I know VY supporters who talk up Tebow beause it's a back door compliment to VY . In the end it's an interesting story in the season and Tebow can go 8-8 and be a hero . Then next year they'll be 7-9 and there will still be hope and so on and so on . :vincepalm:

Double Barrel
11-18-2011, 10:37 AM
I think it's awesome, especially against the Jets. Seeing Rex pace the sidelines with a WTF expression was priceless.

I wouldn't want the dude on our team unless he was willing to be a TE, but he's definitely fun to watch. And watching the talking heads swallow words and step on tongues is always enjoyable.

Honoring Earl 34
11-18-2011, 10:42 AM
I think it's awesome, especially against the Jets. Seeing Rex pace the sidelines with a WTF expression was priceless.

I wouldn't want the dude on our team unless he was willing to be a TE, but he's definitely fun to watch. And watching the talking heads swallow words and step on tongues is always enjoyable.

I'd take him over Sanchez .

Hardcore Texan
11-18-2011, 10:52 AM

Yes! Yes, it was!

I wouldn't want the dude on our team unless he was willing to be a TE, but he's definitely fun to watch. And watching the talking heads swallow words and step on tongues is always enjoyable

Kubes, is that you? :jk:

Texan4Ever
11-18-2011, 10:58 AM
If Tebow could become a better passer I would take him over Matt Schaub any day of the week.

Double Barrel
11-18-2011, 11:02 AM
I'd take him over Sanchez .

lol! Yeah, I'd take quite a few players over Sanchez. All hat and no cattle. :howdy:

Yes! Yes, it was!

Kubes, is that you? :jk:

hehe, glad you caught the subtle humor in it. :fingergun:

Hardcore Texan
11-18-2011, 11:34 AM
hehe, glad you caught the subtle humor in it. :fingergun:

Well played sir :tiphat:

TimeKiller
11-18-2011, 12:33 PM
I'll say this much as a guy who isn't really a Tebow fan, player or media machine: I LOVE it that he goes out and proves you don't need to have Tom Brady to have a good team. I LOVE it that he goes out and embarasses a franchise like the Colts for having 52 scrubs and 1 superhuman guy. Frankly, I think they should run with it (literally and figuratively). All the "Oh that kind of offense doesn't work in the NFL" people can eat it. Design a whole new offense around his capability and quit trying to shove that square peg in a round hole. If it means Tebow's career can only last 8 years, so be it. Let him take on the world, he seems to excel at it. Let him run wildcat and option plays, design a package with a guy like Kyle Orton next to him where anything is possible, a handoff to TT, a flea flicker back to Orton, direct snap to TT who ends up throwing it....I think it would be fantastic if the league saw that offensive football isn't limited to how good a QB can be. That maybe, you don't even necessarily need a pure passer. Hell, with the strength the Texans have at running all anybody named Matt needs to do is become a handoff machine that can make 1 or 2 throws per drive. What's the difference?

MojoMan
11-18-2011, 12:35 PM
I am just glad that the Texans do not have to play the Broncos this year. Unless they meet in the playoffs, that is.

Honoring Earl 34
11-18-2011, 12:54 PM
I am just glad that the Texans do not have to play the Broncos this year. Unless they meet in the playoffs, that is.

It does show what a QB can do with a lot of will . Tebow has as much can do as anyone who put on a helmet . It seems like his team understands what Tebow can and can't do and they buy into him .

Tebow = Kirk Gibson

Dutchrudder
11-18-2011, 01:02 PM
If Tebow could become a better passer I would take him over Matt Schaub any day of the week.

That's a big IF...

HTown2ATX
11-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Following the life of Merril Hoge last few weeks pre and post Denver games.....

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/477/186/92426669_display_image.jpg?1319566064

http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/ne/ap/20101114/23/2961593774-denver-broncos-quarterback-tim-tebow-15-reacts-scoring-touchdown-second.jpg

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx196/millsdesign/MERRIL_HOGE.jpg

The next week.........

http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Shockwave-Flash-Chrome-Plug-In-HostScreenSnapz027.jpg

http://media.pennlive.com/patriotnewssports/photo/tebowjpg-40a819084eca95bc.jpg

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx196/millsdesign/MERRIL_HOGE.jpg

GuerillaBlack
11-18-2011, 01:38 PM
"I am the alpha and the omega. The beginning and the ending. No QB has done this before me and none will after." - Tim Tebow

Double Barrel
11-18-2011, 01:45 PM
It does show what a QB can do with a lot of will . Tebow has as much can do as anyone who put on a helmet . It seems like his team understands what Tebow can and can't do and they buy into him .

Tebow = Kirk Gibson

Well, lots of will + a solid defense led by a potential defensive rookie of the year LB. :winky:

Honoring Earl 34
11-18-2011, 02:12 PM
Well, lots of will + a solid defense led by a potential defensive rookie of the year LB. :winky:

Yea .... Kirk Gibson had Alan Trammel , Lou Whitaker , Lance Parrish , and Morris . It was Gibson time when the game was on the line . Bring out your best ... I don't drink or have sex but if I did I hit that blonde after an ice cold Bud .

Hervoyel
11-18-2011, 04:51 PM

The guy is "super clutch" but he's working with a limited tool set so it's only a matter of time before all the "clutch" in the world won't be able to get him a first down.

Anything is possible. I agree with that entirely. I can't help but think though that if Tim Tebow was going to learn how to be a passer of at least "reasonable NFL prospect" level then he would have done it before now.

The odds are not on his side.

sakebomb
11-19-2011, 01:48 PM
It's crazy madness I tell you and I'm loving every minute of it. Tebow Time will pass but for the time being it is great. It's fun to watch a great guy (from what we hear) that's proud of his faith winning games against arrogant A-holes while the NFL world and its fans are against him. It's real life David V Goliath.

BullNation4Life
11-20-2011, 12:05 AM

You should be glad, that could mean Tebow would be 2-0 against the Texans...

BullNation4Life
11-20-2011, 12:09 AM
The guy is "super clutch" but he's working with a limited tool set so it's only a matter of time before all the "clutch" in the world won't be able to get him a first down.

Anything is possible. I agree with that entirely. I can't help but think though that if Tim Tebow was going to learn how to be a passer of at least "reasonable NFL prospect" level then he would have done it before now.

The odds are not on his side.

Not to mention Elway and Fox trying to sabotage the kid to prove a point. "Tebow your starting oh but we are trading our best WR and you are hardly going to throw the ball,so good luck with that..."

3 HRS Later....

"SON OF A *****! HE FREAKING WON AGAIN!

BullNation4Life
11-20-2011, 12:11 AM
That's a big IF...

not a big IF, IF one of the best QB's to ever play the game, who happen to be the Broncos President of Football Operations, would swallow is ego and show the kid how to throw a football....

Txn_in_Oki
11-20-2011, 06:36 AM
I have spent the entirety of this season being completely apathetic about Tim Tebow until about 3 weeks ago. I am so sick of everyone in the media dumping all over the guy and they have done a great job of turning me into, well maybe not a fan but a person with an interest in what is going on.

Great job beating the Jets. I wish him all the best as long as it's not against Houston.

Vinny
11-21-2011, 06:52 PM
Pepper spray Cop vs Tim Tebow

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv1bh8UKC21r6m1z5o1_500.jpg

Texecutioner
11-21-2011, 09:31 PM

I never thought about it that way, but that is literally what it's like when you see Tebow make that big come back. Everyone is cheering for him to do it just one more time and it feels like the good guy won in the end. My GF watched Tebow for the first time the other day and became a fan instantly. She has been Tebow'd. Lol!

brakos82
11-21-2011, 10:00 PM

:winning:

Honoring Earl 34
11-22-2011, 12:14 PM

An atomic bomb wont hurt Tebow . He uses pepper spray as seasoning on his nachos .

Double Barrel
11-22-2011, 04:43 PM
I have spent the entirety of this season being completely apathetic about Tim Tebow until about 3 weeks ago. I am so sick of everyone in the media dumping all over the guy and they have done a great job of turning me into, well maybe not a fan but a person with an interest in what is going on.

Great job beating the Jets. I wish him all the best as long as it's not against Houston.

I'm pretty apathetic about Tebow, as well. The only reason that I'd root for him is because I'm an anti-pop, going against the grain until the day I drop.

That being said, I'm glad he's not our QB. It's only a matter of time before this one-trick pony is shut down.

GP
11-22-2011, 08:36 PM
It's not possible, is it, that Johnny Elway desires for Johnny Elway to be forever cemented in Broncos folklore as being the mobile, gritty guy who just finds ways to win games.

I would say this is more like David vs. King Saul. One guy's throwing spears at his successor, the other guy's praying to God for help and always on the run. LOL.

His teammates buy into him, they work a little bit harder. Call it the placebo effect, but it works somewhat. I do think, at some point, defenses figure out how to stop him.

A LB spying him the whole game might do just that. Make him throw.

GP
11-22-2011, 08:44 PM
Heck, old Johnny Elway probably figures he has it made one way or another:

1.) If Tebow becomes decent, he can be traded and maybe Elway regains some lost draft pick(s) McDaniels had wasted.

2.) If Tebow becomes super duper awesome, then the Broncos win and therefore Elway wins too.

It IS hilarious that Hodge and other media spinsters hate the guy but he finds ways to make them eat their words. To the critics, they're just biding their time...waiting for the day he completely crumbles so they can gloat.

Our culture hates success by others. A very jealousy-driven society. This thread has been a breath of fresh air.

PsychoLove
11-22-2011, 09:04 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv1bh8UKC21r6m1z5o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId =AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1322103839&Signature=1g943PjiJ4QIks8hVcH2RJBqZpg%3D

GP
11-23-2011, 08:18 AM
LMAO. Rep to PsychoLove for the Tebow Pepper Spray pic.

Brilliant.

Blake
11-23-2011, 11:35 AM
John Elways house was egged last week. Police said 2 of the 12 eggs hit the house, they suspect it was Tim Tebow.

Nawzer
11-23-2011, 12:14 PM
John Elways house was egged last week. Police said 2 of the 12 eggs hit the house, they suspect it was Tim Tebow.

Hahahahaha. Must rep!

PsychoLove
11-23-2011, 12:38 PM

You owe me a new keyboard as I spit all my coffee on it! Rep! :spit:

ObsiWan
11-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Hahahahaha. Must rep!

I got him for ya. ...and for me too.

tooo funny.