PDA

View Full Version : In the back of your mind, are you wondering....

Hervoyel
11-16-2011, 05:03 PM
What if Leinart tears it up? What if he goes in and plays mistake free football against Jacksonville and looks really, really good doing it?

And then what if he does it again against Atlanta?

It's just a hypothetical question but it's possible that if Schaub is lost for the year then Leinart could be quarterbacking us into the playoffs. If we're very, very lucky and he plays the way we all are hoping he can then the end game to this is Matt Leinart quarterbacking the Houston Texans in the Super Bowl.

What then?

6 regular season games, potentially two playoff games, and if we win those then a trip to beautiful snow covered Indianapolis to the Super Bowl.

Total mental masturbation I know but Leinart is under contract next year. Does he become two 2nd rounders or did he just take the starting job in that imaginary scenario?

I'm just saying what's going to be in the back of all your minds if we keep winning and he looks good. The more success he has the more this is going to come up.

Double Barrel
11-16-2011, 05:10 PM
I like Schaub, but if Leinart wins a championship, to me it's a no brainer that it's his job to lose.

I would LOVE a QB controversy in the off-season as the result of such a scenario!!!

redwhiteANDblue
11-16-2011, 05:10 PM
Well if that's the case I would still keep Schaub because that's my guy and I want to win a superbowl with him. Just keep Lienart till the trade deadline and give it up to a desperate team that gives away 2 1st round picks :)

ATXtexanfan
11-16-2011, 05:12 PM
i think we all have had that thought. been wondering is schaub will even be ready for next season. i think leinart can succeed in this system. six games and bye would be enough time to get ready for playoff football.

i think everything has been falling into place and this will workout. not sure about superbowl but this team will rally around leinart

paycheck71
11-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Man, that would be a dream scenario. I have no problem with a QB controversy.

Chances are, Leinart will probably slowly improve from game to game, at least that's my expectation. Kubes and the coaches will put him in positions to be comfortable out there on the field. That means a possibly simplified game plan for the first game or two, see how he's doing and then go from there. I have high hopes (I'm a fan), but moderate expectations (trying to stay sane).

Rey
11-16-2011, 05:14 PM
I've been thinking about that since Schaub went down and Leinart was named starter...

I'm really anxious to how the team looks with Leinart in there...

Hearing some of the players talk it sounds like they have a lot of confidence in him. And not false confidence or media talk...It sounds like they legitimately like what he brings to the table...

But just for discussion's sake, if Leinart played really well and we won the superbowl with him I'd probably still hold onto Schaub but Leinart would be remain the starter heading into next season.

If I got a really good offer for Schaub like a first round pick or a couple of seconds, I'd probably send him packing and draft a good QB in the 1st or second round to put pressure on Leinart.

I really like Shammy, but if Leinart is playing almost as well or better then I would be ok with the team moving him.

TEXANRED
11-16-2011, 05:18 PM
What if Leinart tears it up? What if he goes in and plays mistake free football against Jacksonville and looks really, really good doing it?

It's just a hypothetical question but it's possible that if Schaub is lost for the year then Leinart could be quarterbacking us into the playoffs. If we're very, very lucky and he plays the way we all are hoping he can then the end game to this is Matt Leinart quarterbacking the Houston Texans in the Super Bowl.

What then?

6 regular season games, potentially two playoff games, and if we win those then a trip to beautiful snow covered Indianapolis to the Super Bowl.

Total mental masturbation I know but Leinart is under contract next year. Does he become two 2nd rounders or did he just take the starting job in that imaginary scenario?

I'm just saying what's going to be in the back of all your minds if we keep winning and he looks good. The more success he has the more this is going to come up.

Trade him for two second rounders.

Signed,

Drew Bledsoe and Trent Green

JCTexan
11-16-2011, 05:20 PM
If Leinart does well and causes a QB controversy then I see a team (Washington?) trading some high draft picks for either QB. Depending on how comfortable Kubiak is with Yates could determine whether or not the backup gets traded in the off-season.

ObsiWan
11-16-2011, 05:24 PM
http://allthingsd.com/files/2011/09/oh_the_drama-225x285.png

TexanSam
11-16-2011, 05:26 PM
Definitely have wondered about that scenario as well. I still think Leinart can be a really good QB in this league. That may just be because he was highly touted out of college and had all the makings of a star though. But I don't think he's a true bust, like Vince Young, Reggie Bush, or other high draft picks.

He was never really given a 2nd chance in Arizona and I hope he makes the best of his shot here.

thunderkyss
11-16-2011, 05:28 PM

What then?

You read my mind. I was thinking the exact same thing.....

If he's our Super Bowl MVP, or play-off MVP, then imo, it's his job to lose. If he's just a game manager... who cares.

If he plays well, but isn't necessarily the reason we win or lose, I can see getting a couple of picks for him.

pirbroke
11-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Just like when Drew Bledsoe got hurt and Tom Brady came in and won them a super bowl, ( I think that's how I remember it ). Come on Matt Leinart you can do this. I believe

ObsiWan
11-16-2011, 05:34 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_CaOsmKZWQpM/SiesFM_X5tI/AAAAAAAACqs/V_I_nWA3brc/s320/Charlie+Brown+football.jpg

I've always wondered why he just didn't buy a damned tee.

The Pencil Neck
11-16-2011, 05:35 PM
I'd just like to point out that I mentioned this exact same scenario, although in fewer words and less explicit detail, in an earlier thread.

cough*plagiarism*cough

:kitten:

Double Barrel
11-16-2011, 05:35 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_CaOsmKZWQpM/SiesFM_X5tI/AAAAAAAACqs/V_I_nWA3brc/s320/Charlie+Brown+football.jpg

I've always wondered why he just didn't buy a damned tee.

Because Snoopy always chewed them up. Damn dogs!

thunderkyss
11-16-2011, 05:45 PM
I'd just like to point out that I mentioned this exact same scenario, although in fewer words and less explicit detail, in an earlier thread.

cough*plagiarism*cough

:kitten:

yeah, but nobody takes you seriously.

:cow:

DocBar
11-16-2011, 05:47 PM
You read my mind. I was thinking the exact same thing.....

If he's our Super Bowl MVP, or play-off MVP, then imo, it's his job to lose. If he's just a game manager... who cares.

If he plays well, but isn't necessarily the reason we win or lose, I can see getting a couple of picks for him.And you read my mind.

ThaJokaa
11-16-2011, 06:04 PM

What then?

I was thinking almost the exact thing except in the SB Leinart gets injured and can't return, down by 2 TDs in the fourth Texans call up TJ Yates. Our defense steps up so GB doesnt score, we cause turnovers and TJ leads a SHOCKING 4th quarter comeback....

3 Way controversy....

brakos82
11-16-2011, 06:06 PM
I was thinking almost the exact thing except in the SB Leinart gets injured and can't return, down by 2 TDs in the fourth Texans call up TJ Yates. Our defense steps up so GB doesnt score, we cause turnovers and TJ leads a SHOCKING 4th quarter comeback....

3 Way controversy....

F that. I want Owen Daniels to step under center after TJ gets injured and leads us on a last-minute drive to win the game.

Throwing it to himself. LOL

redwhiteANDblue
11-16-2011, 06:08 PM
F that. I want Owen Daniels to step under center after TJ gets injured and leads us on a last-minute drive to win the game.

Lol I've always wondered how OD would look as a QB! Who could take him down? It would be like Big Ben x2!

ObsiWan
11-16-2011, 06:09 PM
Because Snoopy always chewed them up. Damn dogs!

Snoopy's too cool to chew stuff
http://gsyoung.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/lgfp1206snoopy-is-joe-cool-charles-schulzs-peanuts-poster3.jpg

...hey, I wonder if he and Matty HotTub ever hung out together...?

TexanSam
11-16-2011, 06:11 PM

Dave Ragone 2.0! IIRC, he completed a pass to himself.

ThaJokaa
11-16-2011, 06:13 PM

Rofl! Run wild cat AJ at QB, Hail Mary pass with 5 seconds left, Chunks it up runs after it. CB bats it down to AJ hands n TD for the win...

76Texan
11-16-2011, 06:14 PM
http://allthingsd.com/files/2011/09/oh_the_drama-225x285.png

LOL! (at the pix)

Personally, I'd rather not put the cart in front of the horse, so no, I haven't entertained the idea.

I'm not going to start now.

TexansFanatic
11-16-2011, 06:15 PM
In the back of your mind, are you wondering....

You bet I've been thinking about that.

I think it's likely that Leinart won't be as good as Schaub.

But I also think it's not out of the question that he plays better than Schaub.

One thing the Texans should consider doing (if they're not already doing it) is to employ a sports psychologist who teaches the players---especially Leinart---how to use visualization techniques. If Leinart can visualize himself performing at an All Pro level, he may well wind up doing just that. I'm a big believer in that kind of thing.

EllisUnit
11-16-2011, 06:41 PM
I've been thinking about that since Schaub went down and Leinart was named starter...

I'm really anxious to how the team looks with Leinart in there...

Hearing some of the players talk it sounds like they have a lot of confidence in him. And not false confidence or media talk...It sounds like they legitimately like what he brings to the table...

But just for discussion's sake, if Leinart played really well and we won the superbowl with him I'd probably still hold onto Schaub but Leinart would be remain the starter heading into next season.

If I got a really good offer for Schaub like a first round pick or a couple of seconds, I'd probably send him packing and draft a good QB in the 1st or second round to put pressure on Leinart.

I really like Shammy, but if Leinart is playing almost as well or better then I would be ok with the team moving him.

What else can they say ?

"Schaub went down, we are so ****ed, now we have this heisman bust leading us to a 7-9 record"

:splits:

gary
11-16-2011, 06:54 PM
I'll just wait and see how far Leinart takes the team.

mussop
11-16-2011, 07:05 PM
Hopefully he will be a little more mobile than Schaub and more patient looking things over before he throws balls away. Sometimes Schaub chunks the ball out of bounds way before he has to.

I also hope he throws the deep ball better. Schaub is terrible at hitting guys on the run on long passes. They almost always have to stop or slow down to catch the ball. The first pass of the Tampa game for instance. Yes it was a TD but only because JJ made a great move after he caught it. He had everyone beat by ten yards and had to stop and wait for the ball.

Johnson would have a boatload more long TD's if Shaub knew how to lead him. Anyway If he can do those two things and play smart and not turn the ball over he could achieve what we are all dreaming about here.

I'm really looking forward to seeing if he has it in him. I believe he does.

gary
11-16-2011, 07:22 PM
I would not be surprised to see one of the three quarterbacks traded in the Spring.

speedfreek
11-16-2011, 07:28 PM
not to worry, this is almost an impossible hypothetical.

my hunch is that Line-art will be the same turnover machine
he's been in the past

TJ

Texan_Bill
11-16-2011, 07:37 PM

What then?

I think there is a really good chance that he could "tear it up"... I think he'll start off a little slow in the first couple of games as he gets used to "game speed". That said:
A) as I've said, I think he's been humbled since being a "prima donna", immature, high draft choice to

B) a guy that signed as a "back-up" here in Houston as opposed to going to Seattle with Pete Carroll where he would've more than likely been a starter.

AND finally C) This is a new audition for him to be a viable starting QB, if not for the Texans, another team.

He'll be fine, one way or another.

iLoveTexans
11-16-2011, 07:54 PM
I hope he pulls a Tom Brady on Drew Bledsoe! :breakdance:

TexanSam
11-16-2011, 07:59 PM
I think there is a really good chance that he could "tear it up"... I think he'll start off a little slow in the first couple of games as he gets used to "game speed". That said:
A) as I've said, I think he's been humbled since being a "prima donna", immature, high draft choice to

B) a guy that signed as a "back-up" here in Houston as opposed to going to Seattle with Pete Carroll where he would've more than likely been a starter.

AND finally C) This is a new audition for him to be a viable starting QB, if not for the Texans, another team.

He'll be fine, one way or another.

I share your optimism. Hope we're right!

Another hypothetical though. What if he does do really well and the Texans clinch a playoff berth with a couple of games left? Do you let Leinart continue to go out there so he gets more reps against NFL defenses or do you rest him and let Yates start the last game or two? Hopefully this scenario actually happens.

Allstar
11-16-2011, 10:49 PM
Of course I've thought about it, but I'm just hoping the guy isn't complete trash.

TheMatrix31
11-16-2011, 10:58 PM
Of course I've thought about it, but I'm just hoping the guy isn't complete trash.

Yep.

GP
11-16-2011, 11:01 PM
As long as there's a hot tub on the sideline, and Kubiak makes a rule that he can't go for a soak with the cheerleaders until he passes for a certain amount of yards and no turnovers, we should be good to go.

I like TexansFanatic's visualization idea, but a hot tub on the sideline and some conditional rules attached to its use will make for better TV, no?

Wouldn't it be awesome to see the TV camera on Leinart as he's sitting in the hot tub while the defense is out on the field? A cheerleader on each side, too. LOL. A big fat cigar in his mouth, big-ass grin on is face. Priceless.

He's like Joe Namath and David Hasslehoff had a kid together or something.

TexansFanatic
11-16-2011, 11:06 PM
I like TexansFanatic's visualization idea, but a hot tub on the sideline and some conditional rules attached to its use will make for better TV, no?

:spit:

Well, now I know what I'm going to be visualizing.

Naiirb
11-16-2011, 11:15 PM
If Leinart comes in and leads us to the Super Bowl(all hypothetical of course) i really don't get the logic of trading him for more prospects especially another QB. Why would be draft someone so they can come in and learn the system and hopefully lead us to more playoff victories when we already had one that did?

It would be like the Patriots trading away Brady after their first Super Bowl for a few picks. If they did that where would they be now?

HJam72
11-17-2011, 01:50 AM
What if Leinart wins every game we have left, gets hurt near the end, and Yates wins the Superbowl?

Then we got a 3 QB controversy, Kubiak is God, and we got a golden calf named "Gary" in the parking lot. :cow:

:kubepalm:

kiwitexansfan
11-17-2011, 02:11 AM
HAHAHAHA, I predicted this in the HTM prediction thread.

To think it happened before he even threw a pass.

:breakdance:

Tailgate
11-17-2011, 05:26 AM
The thing that is most in the back of my mind is where is AJ gonna be when/if he comes back....

76Texan
11-17-2011, 10:03 AM
The thing that is most in the back of my mind is where is AJ gonna be when/if he comes back....

You can find him on the football field! :hides:

Check the endzone first!
:cow:

badboy
11-17-2011, 10:01 PM
SO a very good starter but not considered elite by all is doing well, gets injured and his back-up comes along and does very well and every single poster basically is willing to consider trading the starter for draft picks.

WTH? Sounds like the Mario Williams trade thread to me. Some of you folks are talking out of both sides of your mouth. You know who you are. Chuckle.

MEGA SWATT
11-17-2011, 10:09 PM
I'll take it.:runaway:

kingh99
11-17-2011, 11:04 PM
Hopefully he will be a little more mobile than Schaub and more patient looking things over before he throws balls away. Sometimes Schaub chunks the ball out of bounds way before he has to.

I also hope he throws the deep ball better. Schaub is terrible at hitting guys on the run on long passes. They almost always have to stop or slow down to catch the ball. The first pass of the Tampa game for instance. Yes it was a TD but only because JJ made a great move after he caught it. He had everyone beat by ten yards and had to stop and wait for the ball.

Johnson would have a boatload more long TD's if Shaub knew how to lead him. Anyway If he can do those two things and play smart and not turn the ball over he could achieve what we are all dreaming about here.

I'm really looking forward to seeing if he has it in him. I believe he does.

Before we not only throw him under the bus, but put it into reverse and back over his twitching body, lets remember Matt Schaub has played at an elite QB level since 2009. I don't remember where I heard it but his rating has him playing behind only a select handful of QBs. He's rated 5th I want to say. He's ahead of guys like Rivers and Eli Manning for example. I just hope Matt Leinart doesn't lose the game for them. That would be the worst possible outcome. Fumbling a snap or something like that. Throwing a Chris Berman whoop whoop pass. Anything that would suck the life out of this team. It's my fervent hope I lose this particular play on the don't pass line. It's just that being blindly cheery to the degree of actually suggesting Schaub's injury is a blessing of some sort seems like so much whistling past the graveyard at this juncture of the crisis.

Hervoyel
11-17-2011, 11:37 PM
All I'm saying is that if Schaub is indeed lost for the season then no doubt we all want "Time Machine" to do well and by doing well continue the success we've seen from the Texans so far this year.

In that case the more we "get what we want" out of this situation the more likely a QB controversy would become.

Texecutioner
11-17-2011, 11:45 PM

What then?

Funny thread starter, because I thought about this today. If that happened, I'd say that it's his job now. That would suck for Schaub, but it wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened. If Leinart won a SB, he'd have to be engrained as the starter here.

The Pencil Neck
11-17-2011, 11:57 PM
Funny thread starter, because I thought about this today. If that happened, I'd say that it's his job now. That would suck for Schaub, but it wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened. If Leinart won a SB, he'd have to be engrained as the starter here.

Pretty much like Brady and Bledsoe.

Brisco_County
11-18-2011, 12:40 AM
I've already envisioned Leinart stepping up and taking Schaub's starting job. And when he does, Washington will pay a 1st round pick for Schaub because they need him that badly, and Kyle Shanahan won't settle for anyone else. And Mike Shanahan still remembers Schaub's performance on September 19th, 2010.

Rey
11-18-2011, 12:56 AM
All I'm saying is that if Schaub is indeed lost for the season then no doubt we all want "Time Machine" to do well and by doing well continue the success we've seen from the Texans so far this year.

In that case the more we "get what we want" out of this situation the more likely a QB controversy would become.

Gonna be interesting to watch. I'm hoping Leinart plays well enough to cause a legit controversy. I hope Brooks reed plays well enough to cause doubt about signing Mario, I hope anytime a starter goes down the back up comes in and makes a claim to keep the spot.

It only strengthens the team.

Rey
11-18-2011, 01:01 AM
Before we not only throw him under the bus, but put it into reverse and back over his twitching body, lets remember Matt Schaub has played at an elite QB level since 2009. I don't remember where I heard it but his rating has him playing behind only a select handful of QBs. He's rated 5th I want to say. He's ahead of guys like Rivers and Eli Manning for example. I just hope Matt Leinart doesn't lose the game for them. That would be the worst possible outcome. Fumbling a snap or something like that. Throwing a Chris Berman whoop whoop pass. Anything that would suck the life out of this team. It's my fervent hope I lose this particular play on the don't pass line. It's just that being blindly cheery to the degree of actually suggesting Schaub's injury is a blessing of some sort seems like so much whistling past the graveyard at this juncture of the crisis.

To me schaub is closer to Pennington than he is to an elite qb. Their numbers are similar actually. Schaub has thrown the ball more though, but I think overall they have a similar style. Not bad at all and both would be considered upper tier qb's.

thunderkyss
11-18-2011, 03:30 AM
WTH? Sounds like the Mario Williams trade thread to me. Some of you folks are talking out of both sides of your mouth. You know who you are. Chuckle.

Other than the fact that we can play Mario & Brooks Reed at the same time. Mario on the weak side, Brooks on the strong side (you do see how they aren't playing the same position right? )

Can't do the same with Matt & Matt.

If Barwin & Reeds get into double digits, then yeah, trade Mario. If not, if only Reed gets into double digits, you wait until next year & hope both Mario & Reed can get double digits on the same team the same year.

Ranger Tom
11-18-2011, 12:44 PM
So I guess this is what we're talking about during the bye week.

I've thought about it, too, and I just don't know. I don't think I'll have anything intelligent to say about the matter until we've seen Leinart play. Schaub is far from perfect, but he's far from terrible as well--see 4700 yards on the season. And he's gotten us this far.

The major problem I see in comparing the two (assuming Leinart does well) is that we have multiple full seasons of performance by which to judge Schaub, while only a few games by which to judge Leinart.

Although, it would be nice if our next QB controversy was over who makes us more awesome instead of less terrible.

paycheck71
11-18-2011, 12:55 PM
I've already envisioned Leinart stepping up and taking Schaub's starting job. And when he does, Washington will pay a 1st round pick for Schaub because they need him that badly, and Kyle Shanahan won't settle for anyone else. And Mike Shanahan still remembers Schaub's performance on September 19th, 2010.

I mentioned in another thread that the Redskins are the most likely trade partner here for either of the Matts if Leinart steps up and shows any ability. Provided the Shanahans don't get fired in the offseason.

Thorn
11-18-2011, 12:58 PM
Schaub has served us well. As a former Schaub hater, I've seen the light, and he is very much a part of why we are where we are right now. If Leinart comes in and steals his job, well, that's just the NFL and Schaub and Leinart both know that.

As long as Leinart doesn't screw things up, and I don't think he will, I'm good with any outcome as long as we have a good QB. I've seen good QBs pass through Houston pro football teams, and I'll bet I will again after Schaub and Leinart both are out of football.

thunderkyss
11-18-2011, 04:51 PM
Schaub has served us well. As a former Schaub hater, I've seen the light, and he is very much a part of why we are where we are right now. If Leinart comes in and steals his job, well, that's just the NFL and Schaub and Leinart both know that.

As has been said several times in this thread. Schaub is no slouch. If Lienart beats him out for the job, then he's a bonafide badass.

The likelyhood of that becoming a reality is as slim as the Texans' chance of winning the Super Bowl this season.

Actually, they're one & the same. If Lienart can actually be better than Matt, we're winning the SB, no doubt about it.

As long as Leinart doesn't screw things up, and I don't think he will, I'm good with any outcome as long as we have a good QB. I've seen good QBs pass through Houston pro football teams, and I'll bet I will again after Schaub and Leinart both are out of football.

& the reality is here. Lienart most likely won't play better than Schaub, but if he can just not screw it up our run game & defense should help us win the division & make a play-off run.

Heck, Sanchez got his team to the AFC Championship game 2 years in a row.

houstonspartan
11-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Not ready to toss Schaub just yet. The connection he has with both OD and AJ is pretty hard to duplicate. Those three can essentially read each others minds.

thunderkyss
11-18-2011, 05:27 PM
Not ready to toss Schaub just yet. The connection he has with both OD and AJ is pretty hard to duplicate. Those three can essentially read each others minds.

No one is ready to toss Schaub yet. The question is if he proves to be a dynamic QB that makes plays. A QB that adds a dimension to the offense that Schaub does not.

It would be a goofy position to be in. Although I wish Lienart all the success he can possibly achieve over the next 13 weeks...

Whoever we let go, will probably win that Super Bowl with their next team & we'll look like..... well, you know.

The Pencil Neck
11-18-2011, 08:42 PM
Heck, Sanchez got his team to the AFC Championship game 2 years in a row.

And Grossman got to a Super Bowl and Trent Dilfer won one.

Texan_Bill
11-18-2011, 08:51 PM
First thing aside, Prayers still go out to you and your family and Second, knowing Aria is looking down on her Daddy being a huge Texan fan, we'll do well!!

God Bless you and thanks for staying engrossed with "our" Texans!! Love ya Bro..... And make it down (if still in NE or up if your back in New Zealand)....

We'll take good care of you and the fam!!!

TexanBacker93
11-19-2011, 09:10 AM

Another hypothetical though. What if he does do really well and the Texans clinch a playoff berth with a couple of games left? Do you let Leinart continue to go out there so he gets more reps against NFL defenses or do you rest him and let Yates start the last game or two? Hopefully this scenario actually happens.

This is a tough call. You'd like to see Leinart get as much work with the #1 offense as possible, but you also can't risk him getting hurt. I think you play Yates in this scenario.

thunderkyss
11-19-2011, 09:27 AM
This is a tough call. You'd like to see Leinart get as much work with the #1 offense as possible, but you also can't risk him getting hurt. I think you play Yates in this scenario.

Not a tough call at all.

If the goal is to get to the play-offs, then you put Yates in there & waste valuable snaps against a real NFL defense.

If the goal is to go as far as you can, to achieve as much as you can, you leave Leinart in the game. Winning doesn't just happen, players & coaches make it happen.

Perfecting our execution in a real game with all the variables, surprises... real life situations is critical to our long term goals.

ObsiWan
11-19-2011, 09:59 AM

Not a tough call at all.

If the goal is to get to the play-offs, then you put Yates in there & waste valuable snaps against a real NFL defense.

If the goal is to go as far as you can, to achieve as much as you can, you leave Leinart in the game. Winning doesn't just happen, players & coaches make it happen.

Perfecting our execution in a real game with all the variables, surprises... real life situations is critical to our long term goals.

This is the right answer.
There is no "IF".
The goal is to make the playoff picture as favorable for your team as possible; i.e., Go as far as you can.
So you play your starters until the playoff math says you cannot get a higher seed. When you've clinched the no. 1 or 2 seed with a game, maybe two, left, only then do you think about giving Yates some reps. And if it were me in Kubiak's position, Leinart would start those games too.

TheMatrix31
11-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Leinart's been resting his whole freakin last 2, 3 years.

Play his ass no matter what.

ObsiWan
11-19-2011, 05:49 PM

That's why I said this>>>
And if it were me in Kubiak's position, Leinart would start those games too.

Hervoyel
11-19-2011, 06:02 PM

That's why I said this>>>

Yep, man needs reps. I understand the desire to be careful and not get him injured but he needs reps. Maybe not every snap of whatever post-clinch games are left but he doesn't need any down time.