PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Night Game - When do we know?

silvrhand
11-15-2011, 03:42 PM
If we get flexxed to the sunday night game?

Ryan
11-15-2011, 03:43 PM
At the end of this week i'm pretty sure.

Lurvinator11
11-15-2011, 03:44 PM
We will know november 22nd. However I doubt they will flex us in now that Schaub is out, cause they won't get the chance to see how hot tub time machine will do. That is just my gut feeling

silvrhand
11-15-2011, 03:46 PM
We will know november 22nd. However I doubt they will flex us in now that Schaub is out, cause they won't get the chance to see how hot tub time machine will do. That is just my gut feeling

OR it could be even more entertaining to watch the drama if Leinhart steps up too..

GuerillaBlack
11-15-2011, 04:27 PM

Matt Leinhart is honestly the bigger name.

fiasco west
11-15-2011, 04:30 PM
OR it could be even more entertaining to watch the drama if Leinhart steps up too..

The Texans have been getting more media-talking heads attention since Schaub went down. It's a story to follow now. Similar to how the Raiders started to get more media attention when they got Palmer.

Thorn
11-15-2011, 04:51 PM
The Texans have been getting more media-talking heads attention since Schaub went down. It's a story to follow now. Similar to how the Raiders started to get more media attention when they got Palmer.

So what you're saying is, if we shoot one player in the leg once a week, we'll have massive press coverage the whole season?

mexican texan
11-15-2011, 04:55 PM
So what you're saying is, if we shoot one player in the leg once a week, we'll have massive press coverage the whole season?

It worked for Plaxico :lol:

fiasco west
11-15-2011, 05:06 PM

Lol. Well I guess it's just that the Texans didn't really have a storyline to them so we hardly got any attention.

The Chargers get talked about more than us and so do the Colts and Eagles. All because they have a storyline to them (Eagles n Chargers about their disappointing season and the Colts about their suck for luck aspiration) now the Texans have sort of become the team that has suffered major injuries but keep on keeping on.

TheMatrix31
11-15-2011, 05:14 PM
L-E-I-N-A-R-T

Leinart.

I hate this ****ing guy because no one can spell his goddamn name right.

texanhead08
11-15-2011, 05:16 PM
L-E-I-N-A-R-T

Leinart.

Sounds like Schaub to me.

DoCRoN
11-15-2011, 05:43 PM

And all this time I thought it was "Schwaub". Oops. :kitten:

paycheck71
11-15-2011, 05:46 PM
L-E-I-N-A-R-T

Leinart.

Don't you mean Linehart? j/k :hides:

Maddict5
11-15-2011, 07:01 PM

i believe its spelt schuab :runaway:

silentassassin
11-15-2011, 09:55 PM
L-E-I-N-A-R-T

Leinart.

This almost deserves its own thread. I'm seeing LeinHart everyhere.

HJam72
11-15-2011, 09:59 PM
People, spell lionharts' name rite.

SuperSerial
11-16-2011, 05:37 AM
L-E-I-N-A-R-T

Leinart.

I before E except after L

speedfreek
11-16-2011, 07:33 AM
as an adobe user, I prefer the spelling Lineart

If he stinks it up against the jags there's no way
we get flexed in IMO

TJ

rdroppa
11-16-2011, 07:50 AM
The NFL is required to give 12 days notice so It'll be before the Jags game.

ubecool454
11-18-2011, 08:27 PM
I'm thinking they will flex the GB at NYG game for this particular Sunday night game and if they do I just hope they move us to the 3:15 slot that GB @NYG is slated to be in.

ThaShark316
11-18-2011, 08:43 PM
I'm thinking they will flex the GB at NYG game for this particular Sunday night game and if they do I just hope they move us to the 3:15 slot that GB @NYG is slated to be in.

That game is locked.

DET/NO and ATL/HOU are the best bets. MAYBE CIN/PIT.

paycheck71
11-18-2011, 11:51 PM
That game is locked.

DET/NO and ATL/HOU are the best bets. MAYBE CIN/PIT.

PIT plays the following Thursday, no way they get flexed. It's either our game or NO vs Det

Lurvinator11
11-21-2011, 03:40 AM
I am starting to get a feeling that they will pick us. I really hope so....

Scooter
11-21-2011, 04:03 AM

is it weird that i hope they dont? the trend right now is we're the underrated and under the radar leader. i'd prefer us to quietly go about our business of going 1-0 at noon on sundays.

i couldnt care less about the spotlight, i'd prefer to see us in the confetti.

GlassHalfFull
11-21-2011, 07:55 AM

I hope not. My husband has to fly out to Ohio that night and it is a school night so late for my son to be up.

Which probably means this will be the game flexed. Sigh

IDEXAN
11-21-2011, 08:26 AM
Have no idea 'bout the Texans chances of getting "flexed", but whatever they were they probably went up with the former USC Heisman-winner
being named their new signal-caller.

Thorn
11-21-2011, 08:41 AM
I don't like late games, even afternoon names I don't like. I want all games to start at noon Sunday. Forget those silly night games, especially on work nights.

Kaiser Toro
11-21-2011, 08:42 AM
I hope this game does not get flexed, will not be able to make it.

MistaRed
11-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Lions vs. Saints has been flexed into the Dec.4th Sunday night game according to Jayson Braddock.

DexmanC
11-21-2011, 11:45 AM
The Texans ain't getting on Sunday Night Football, unless they make noise
in the playoffs. NBC simply does not respect this team, no matter how
good they FINALLY are looking in 2011.

ThaShark316
11-21-2011, 01:00 PM

So the never-done-anything in the regular season, let alone playoffs Detroit Lions get a game?

You could have used better reasoning than that.

drunkcookie
11-21-2011, 01:19 PM
So the never-done-anything in the regular season, let alone playoffs Detroit Lions get a game?

in regards to media lovefests, New Orleans>Atlanta, Detroit>Houston, Detroit>Atlanta... Drew Brees vs. Stafford> Matt Ryan vs. Leinart... At the time the decision has to be made, combined record of 14-6 record>combined record of 13-7..

But to challenge DmC's point better, Monday Night Football>Sunday Night Football, and The Texans were in two of those last year...

But I believe the Texans could have made some noise in the playoffs last year and they still wouldn't have gotten flexed in for next week's game...

DexmanC
11-21-2011, 01:38 PM

The Lions have a history of SOME success in the NFL, even if
it goes back more than 50 years. Hell, they're on every Thanksgiving.
More people root for the Lions, than for the Texans, because they've
at LEAST put themselves on the NFL map.

If the Texans do their job, they'll be on that map soon enough.

DexmanC
11-21-2011, 01:41 PM
in regards to media lovefests, New Orleans>Atlanta, Detroit>Houston, Detroit>Atlanta... Drew Brees vs. Stafford> Matt Ryan vs. Leinart... At the time the decision has to be made, combined record of 14-6 record>combined record of 13-7..

But to challenge DmC's point better, Monday Night Football>Sunday Night Football, and The Texans were in two of those last year...

But I believe the Texans could have made some noise in the playoffs last year and they still wouldn't have gotten flexed in for next week's game...

NBC's Sunday Night Football has surpassed MNF as the "standard" for
NFL Primetime games, since MNF left ABC. MNF took a big hit by
not being on FREE TV anymore. In 2011 Sunday Night Football > Monday Night Football.
You haven't seen the Broncos on Sunday Night Football, right?

Sunday Night Football is where the teams with the biggest "cache" get
shine. The Texans ain't there yet, so don't be surprised they were
snubbed by NBC.

Kaiser Toro
11-21-2011, 01:44 PM
not being on FREE TV anymore. In 2011 Sunday Night Football > Monday Night Football.

snubbed by NBC.

MNF changed the window dressing, but it is still under the Disney/ABC umbrella

hobie
11-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Whew... I am glad the Texans didn't get it..As for the "respect" part, so what. 12:00 games are the best anyway... it's no better/worse than a prime time game.

DexmanC
11-21-2011, 01:46 PM
MNF changed the window dressing, but it is still under the Disney/ABC umbrella

I almost said that, but my point is MNF on ESPN ain't the same as it was
on ABC when it comes to prestige.

Kaiser Toro
11-21-2011, 01:52 PM
I almost said that, but my point is MNF on ESPN ain't the same as it was
on ABC when it comes to prestige.

Ok professor. ESPN has more programming for the NFL in a year than ABC ever had in its run on the network.

GuerillaBlack
11-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Ok professor. ESPN has more programming for the NFL in a year than ABC ever had in its run on the network.

Come on. Everyone gets NBC. Not everyone has cable...

RTP2110
11-21-2011, 02:15 PM
I was hoping they would have flexed our game but oh well. I do agree that SNF on NBC is the marquee game each week over MNF.

drunkcookie
11-21-2011, 02:41 PM
You haven't seen the Broncos on Sunday Night Football, right?

snubbed by NBC.

Touche...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

rush2112mn
11-21-2011, 02:48 PM
I hope we do get a flex game....with Atlanta winning ....that would help...and us winning against Jacksonville...I think it would be for some good storylines especially with the Schaub injury and give our guys some more national exposure.
I was surprised we did not get a mnf game....considering how close the Baltimore game was last year and how the Jags got 2 mnf games still trying to figure that one out......

DexmanC
11-21-2011, 02:55 PM
I was hoping they would have flexed our game but oh well. I do agree that SNF on NBC is the marquee game each week over MNF.

Which is the point I am making. The NFL matchups on Sunday Night
Football are scheduled to be superior to anything Monday Night Football
can throw up.

thunderkyss
11-21-2011, 03:00 PM

Who gives a crap about respect. They need to keep all them night games up in the Northeast, or on the West coast, where people don't start their day until 9am.

Some of us got to work for a living & I'm not going to take a day off of work, or even a half day just to watch a regular season game.

Well, I will, but I rather not.

thunderkyss
11-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Touche...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

Hey.... just because Dex has an abrasive personality, rubs most of us the wrong way, that's no reason for calling him a dousche. Even though he may act like one most of the time. Everyone is entitled to their...

I'm sorry, you said Touche.....

My bad.

texanmojo
11-21-2011, 05:38 PM
The Texans did not win out on the Flex game for Dec 4th...it went to NO/Lions

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/21/lions-saints-on-nbc-week-13/related/

ObsiWan
11-21-2011, 05:39 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/21/lions-saints-on-nbc-week-13/related/

Good.

False Start
11-21-2011, 05:44 PM

Oh well, I figured it would work out that way. It would have been cool and all, but I have TV shows I watch on that night, namely Boardwalk Empire. I always want to see the shows on their first airing, its just more satisfying for me.

JCTexan
11-21-2011, 05:49 PM
Interesting tidbit from the link:

The Lions are the 31st NFL franchise to appear on NBC’s Sunday Night Football. The Texans are the only team that has never been in an NBC Sunday night game.

texanmojo
11-21-2011, 05:54 PM

Yeah...I saw that too. I could have sworn we have played a Sunday Night game before.

JCTexan
11-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Yeah...I saw that too. I could have sworn we have played a Sunday Night game before.

I think the key line there is 'NBC'. NBC didn't start broadcasting the game until 2006. Houston's first game against Dallas was a Sunday night game in 2002.

RTP2110
11-21-2011, 06:12 PM

We have played some Sunday night games, but that was when they were on ESPN, and MNF was on NBC. NBC & ESPN switched with each other a few years ago, and since then we have played on Monday nights (ESPN) but never on Sunday night (NBC)

GuerillaBlack
11-21-2011, 06:18 PM
We have played some Sunday night games, but that was when they were on ESPN, and MNF was on NBC. NBC & ESPN switched with each other a few years ago, and since then we have played on Monday nights (ESPN) but never on Sunday night (NBC)

No, MNF was on ABC and switched to ESPN. NBC then got the Sunday night game from ESPN.

TheMatrix31
11-21-2011, 06:32 PM
I recall a game against the Packers on ESPN's Sunday Night a few years back.

I would have preferred to have this as a Sunday Night Football game, because I'm coming back from a cruise that day so I don't know if I'll be home by 10am Pacific to catch the game. But we'll see.

RTP2110
11-21-2011, 06:35 PM
No, MNF was on ABC and switched to ESPN. NBC then got the Sunday night game from ESPN.

Ok, that's it then. I knew there was some kind of switch.

Austrian
11-21-2011, 06:37 PM
Wasn't the Kansas City Game in 2005 where Larry Johnson ran all over us a Sunday night game?

GuerillaBlack
11-21-2011, 07:04 PM
Wasn't the Kansas City Game in 2005 where Larry Johnson ran all over us a Sunday night game?

Yep. So was that Seattle game where Shaun Alexander did the same thing.

TejasTom
11-22-2011, 02:31 AM

Yep. So was that Seattle game where Shaun Alexander did the same thing.

Stop dredging up the past. I just hope they move the Jan 1st game to 3:00 PM so I can sleep late after New Years Eve party.

TheDream34
11-22-2011, 04:38 AM
Don't get me wrong, it's nice to be on national television and all, but honestly I really don't care. All I care about is winning games, and once you do that, then you will be in the spotlight.

SheTexan
11-22-2011, 07:29 AM
Don't get me wrong, it's nice to be on national television and all, but honestly I really don't care. All I care about is winning games, and once you do that, then you will be in the spotlight.

THe only spotlight I care about is the first Sunday in Feb, 2012, when we play in Indy!! :gotexans1