PDA

View Full Version : Farve to Texans?

Lurvinator11
11-15-2011, 03:02 PM
Why are some people assuming this. My friend texted me saying it happened and I was like no, but now 3 or 4 people have posted about it on my FB. Where is this coming from?

If Farve was signed it wouldn't make any sense to me. Kubiak is behind Lienart, why bring him in? :vincepalm:

Double Barrel
11-15-2011, 03:04 PM
Please, no. I dig Favre's career, but it was obvious last season that he's got nothing left in the tank.

Goatcheese
11-15-2011, 03:04 PM
Some talking heads on B.S. PN were bouncing it around.

It means about as much as me asking "What is Kurt Warner doing right now?"

FirstTexansFan
11-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Just an old version of Tony Romo... interception to TD ratio has always stunk.

BIG TORO
11-15-2011, 03:06 PM
Can you imagine the HYPE if Farve took the texans to the SB aginst his former team the Packers! It would be a media circus!

Dread-Head
11-15-2011, 03:07 PM
NO! Let him leave the game and stay gone, besides I don't want Madden here tellin Houstononians how GREAT he is.

HJam72
11-15-2011, 03:08 PM

Wow, wouldn't THAT tick Leinart off, LOL.

HOU-TEX
11-15-2011, 03:09 PM
Slap your friend in the face

Texan_Bill
11-15-2011, 03:12 PM
I've been hearing this all day too. Who are these morons??? (well I get the ones on BSPN, they've always been full of shit).

What part of it even remotely makes sense?

Dutchrudder
11-15-2011, 03:13 PM
If Leinart is crap, then yeah, do whatever it takes to win. We aren't going to win a playoff game without a competent QB. If Favre puts us in a better position to win, then give him a shot.

HJam72
Yeah, that's just stupid.

How old is Aikman gettin' ta be? :kubepalm:

HOU-TEX
I've been hearing this all day too. Who are these morons??? (well I get the ones on BSPN, they've always been full of shit).

What part of it even remotely makes sense?

He likes tractors? Wranglers?

Kthx
The weather outside is a fitting backdrop for this shitty idea. Talk about Favre coming to the Texans and it starts raining and lightning outside.

HJam72
11-15-2011, 03:14 PM
If we get 'im, he can ride a bull into tha statyum. :cow:

Vinnie
11-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Mike Florio wrote some garbage on ESPN's website and that's all it takes.

V Man
Forget Farve!!!!

Trade for Vince Young :hides:

Hardcore Texan

This! Some talking heads hallucinating at the idea. I don't see this happening in 100 years (thank God) and in fact I would be scared for our cheerleaders if it did.

Texan_Bill
11-15-2011, 03:17 PM
He likes tractors? Wranglers?

HA!! There ya go!

HJam72
11-15-2011, 03:21 PM
The cheerleaders already have Bill to deal with....(and me. :kitten:)

Thorn
11-15-2011, 03:21 PM
The mere mention of Farve sets me on edge. I still sick of just hearing or seeing his name. Right now I'm enjoying the Texans kool-aid, even with Hot Tub Boy serving it up. If Farve actually does come to down, of which I'm positive he won't, I will revert right back to my old bitchy self. Dammit.

Playoffs
11-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Yeah, the ProFooballTalk id!ot creates these false rumors trying to draw viewers to his website.

Lowest form of midget "journalism".

Kthx
11-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Gah image fail, n/m

Fred
11-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Why are some people assuming this. My friend texted me saying it happened and I was like no, but now 3 or 4 people have posted about it on my FB. Where is this coming from?
If Farve was signed it wouldn't make any sense to me. Kubiak is behind Lienart, why bring him in? :vincepalm:

You are the one who started a thread here, so it's coming from people like you passing it on and starting new threads.

While we are at it, how about: Sammy Baugh, Sid Luckman, Otto Graham, Red Grange, Jim Thorpe, Bobby Layne, Joe Namath, James Street, Bucky Richardson, Cliff Kingsbury, and David Klingler. Probably all better than Farve at this point, even the ones who are dead.

HOU-TEX
11-15-2011, 03:30 PM
You are the one who started a thread here, so it's coming from people like you passing it on and starting new threads.

While we are at it, how about: Sammy Baugh, Sid Luckman, Otto Graham, Red Grange, Jim Thorpe, Bobby Layne, Joe Namath, James Street, Bucky Richardson, Cliff Kingsbury, and David Klingler. Probably all better than Farve at this point, even the ones who are dead.

Bucky Richardson would be awesome too

Ryan
11-15-2011, 03:33 PM
Where's Testaverde?

Fred
11-15-2011, 03:34 PM
Where's Testaverde?

I didn't know he was dead. OK, Testaverde too!

axman40
11-15-2011, 03:38 PM
Bring back Cody!
:vincepalm:

Hervoyel
11-15-2011, 04:12 PM
Ok, so here's how it goes down.

Richard Justice writes a blog post about what a bad idea bringing Brett Favre out of retirement would be. It's a well written article but only nine people read it and nobody talks about it so he goes back to work trying to whip up something more interesting.

Tomorrow afternoon an ESPN reporter who's known Brett for years arrives in Mississippi and gets Favre to start talking over a couple of beers out by the tractor. Knocking down a twelve pack they kick around the idea of Favre to the Texans for one more run.

"This team is STACKED!" says a heavily buzzing Brett as he goes inside to take a leak mumbling "Gotta drain my dick".

The even miore buzzing ESPN guy whips out his cell phone and texts "Favre to Texans, I think he said he was talking to Rick RIGHT NOW!".

Scrolling headlines appear on the bottom of the screen on ESPN and somewhere in the middle of Kansas John Madden feels a disturbance in the force. He gets up from his table and calls FOX Sports. "Prep the bus. It's happening".

Brett sleeps it off that night.

Justice says to himself "I KNEW they were gonna do that!"

The next morning 130 reporters are at Brett's farm with trucks and satellite dishes. Brett comes out a little hung over and decides to wing it (as usual). Unsure why everyone is in his front yard he grins widely and says "You fellas sure don't waste any time! What do you think about it?"

He knows this will start the reporters talking and expects to hear enough to clue him in to what's going on. This is after all exactly how he found out that he was a New York Jet.

In Houston Rick Smith's phone starts ringing at 5AM. ESPN is calling him and asking about Brett Favre. Rick doesn't know what to do so he calls Gary. Gary tells him "For God's sake don't let Bob hear about this" and then turns the TV on to see Bob Costas talking to Bob McNair live.

McNair has that blank but excited look on his face that people get when they know beyond any doubt that they just won the lottery but can't remember if they kept the ticket. He can neither confirm nor deny that the Texans are in discussions with Brett Favre. Not knowing what else to say Bob goes back inside his house and thinks "I don't know what to do. I'm gonna call Gary..... and get a bran muffin".

Richard Justice writes a blog entry about how much he wants to see Brett Favre come to Houston. Lots of people read it and point out that he's an imbecile in the comments that follow. Justice tries to find someone to call over at Reliant Stadium to ask if any of this is really true but nobody will take his call.

Back in Mississippi Brett has worked out that the Houston Texans are interested in his services and he starts saying all the right things because he feels wanted and validated by their pursuit. He's perfectly happy on the farm but he'll of course listen to what they have to say.

Brett starts throwing a football around. "Andre Johnson is one hell of a player" says Brett, "I've always wanted to play with a HOF wideout like Andre Johnson".

After thinking things over all morning Rick Smith has worked out that Brett Favre is interested in playing for the Houston Texans and meets with Gary, Bob, and "that other guy who's always there".

Together they decide that they don't need Brett Favre but it would be impolite not to hear what he has to say. The man is a living legend after all. There's no harm in speaking with him.

Two days later Brett Favre reports to Texans practice. He'll be starting against the Jaguars in a little over a week. He says he's in the best shape of his life and everyone politely ignores the spare tire he's added while eating pork rinds and watching football on TV. John Madden has parked the bus outside the Texans practice bubble and refuses to move it.

The Houston Texans are the center of the NFL world for the next 6 weeks. During that time the team goes 1-5 and finishes 8-8 on the year.

Justice writes a blog post about how he knew all along that bringing Brett Favre to Houston was a bad idea.....

:kubepalm:

michaelm
11-15-2011, 05:47 PM
The mere mention of Farve sets me on edge. I still sick of just hearing or seeing his name. Right now I'm enjoying the Texans kool-aid, even with Hot Tub Boy serving it up. If Farve actually does come to down, of which I'm positive he won't, I will revert right back to my old bitchy self. Dammit.

None of us want that, but it's really just a matter of time, dontcha think?
Favre, no Favre... makes little difference, bitchy old Thorn will be back, and we all know it... :kitten:

ObsiWan
11-15-2011, 05:59 PM

This! Some talking heads hallucinating at the idea. I don't see this happening in 100 years (thank God) and in fact I would be scared for our cheerleaders if it did.

LINK (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/14/texans-should-give-favre-a-call/)

Yes, I believe the Texans should call Brett Favre. Though he has become a caricature, the analysis is simple: Would you rather have Favre or Leinart running your offense?

I don’t expect the Texans to call Favre, and I have no idea whether Favre would be interested. But for the past few years there’s been a vague sense that Favre would consider capping his career with a Roger Clemens-style partial season with a contending team that has a clear need.

Many will dismiss the possibility because we’re all sick of Brett Favre the man. But there’s no denying that Brett Favre the quarterback can still bring it. He has shown that he can get up to speed quickly, and if the Broncos can re-tool their offense quickly to suit the unique skills of Tim Tebow (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5096/tim-tebow), the Texans surely can come up with a playbook that consists of healthy doses of Arian Foster (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5469/arian-foster) and Ben Tate (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5742/ben-tate) on the ground, periodic Brett bombs to Andre Johnson (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1575/andre-johnson), and a smattering of short throws to Owen Daniels (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3733/owen-daniels) and either Foster or Tate.

Coupled with one of the best defenses in the league, and in light of the fact that Houston is a fairly short flight from Hattiesburg, it makes sense.
It makes a lot more sense than trusting Matt Leinart.

This has got to be one of the most brazen attempts at shock "journalism" I've ever heard.

and the disturbing thing is some people are buying it!!

Kimmy
11-15-2011, 06:01 PM
I would stop being a fan. Immediately. I despise Brett Farve

ObsiWan
11-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Two days later Brett Favre reports to Texans practice. He'll be starting against the Jaguars in a little over a week. He says he's in the best shape of his life and everyone politely ignores the spare tire he's added while eating pork rinds and watching football on TV. John Madden has parked the bus outside the Texans practice bubble and refuses to move it.

The Houston Texans are the center of the NFL world for the next 6 weeks. During that time the team goes 1-5 and finishes 8-8 on the year.

Justice writes a blog post about how he knew all along that bringing Brett Favre to Houston was a bad idea.....

:kubepalm:

It wouldn't last that long. Favre, being his old, playful, locker room joker self will pop Cushing with a towel in after the first loss to Jacksonville - during which Favre threw 3 INTs, the last one being a pick-six which costs us the game. Cushing, still being in game day mentality, pulls Favre's head clean off while the rest of the defense holds him down.

The following week's gameday report only states that Favre missed a team meeting and is "on suspension for an indeterminant period". :D

Thorn
11-15-2011, 06:12 PM
From ObsiWan's link quote:

It makes a lot more sense than trusting Matt Leinart.

No, it doesn't. Not in a million years. I'd rather them just bite the bullet and go with Yates before bringing in Farve

michaelm
11-15-2011, 06:15 PM
I would stop being a fan. Immediately. I despise Brett Farve

Nice try, but you're addicted like the rest of us. If you were gonna quit, you'd a quit long before now. :winky:

False Start
11-15-2011, 06:35 PM
To hell with Favre, bring in Kurt Warner.

thunderkyss
11-15-2011, 06:49 PM
So,

Is Bret not coming to Houston?

Texan_Bill
11-15-2011, 06:53 PM
So,

Is Bret not coming to Houston?

You :stirpot: er

Thorn
11-15-2011, 06:54 PM
You :stirpot: er

LOL. The only reason Farvette will come to Houston is to hit a taco stand or two.

Texan_Bill
11-15-2011, 06:56 PM
LOL. The only reason Farvette will come to Houston is to hit a taco stand or two.

Or if Jenn Sterger happens to come to town.

Wolf
11-15-2011, 07:07 PM
he would bring something to the Texans that they have lacked throughout their history and that is..... street cred

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PmvsWE1k-7w/TNKbXDR9UJI/AAAAAAAABpU/WsP9dtqOidA/s1600/blogpic_favre_texting_chicks.jpg

Wolf
11-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Or if Jenn Sterger happens to come to kerrville.

fixed it for you :texanbill:

Kimmy
11-15-2011, 07:09 PM
Nice try, but you're addicted like the rest of us. If you were gonna quit, you'd a quit long before now. :winky:

LOL that would definitely be my breaking point. No doubt!

texanway
11-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Yes, we all know Favre is 42 years old and out of the league for a year. But do you guys think he's still an upgrade from Matt Leinart? Thoughts?

MojoMan
11-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Nope.

HOU-TEX
11-16-2011, 11:49 AM
:vincepalm:

The Pencil Neck
11-16-2011, 11:52 AM
No.

Favre's out of gas. AND, he only runs one offense and he runs it the way he wants to run it. He would be a cancer in the locker room.

Hervoyel
11-16-2011, 12:11 PM
Jeff Garcia would be a better fit if you're gonna go "old timer". He has experience running something very much like what we do and he spent last year playing UFL so he's not quite as out of shape as Favre probably would be.

Señor Stan
11-16-2011, 12:12 PM
I see your Jeff Garcia, and raise you Jake Plummer.

texanway
11-16-2011, 12:20 PM
For Favre, it's a good situation. He's walking right into a title contender with the world's best wide receiver and receiving RB. Why wouldn't he want this? It's more about if the Texans wants him. Only time will tell, I guess...

MistaRed
11-16-2011, 12:25 PM
That's the last thing this team needs is Favre turning the ball over at alarming rates

Vinny
11-16-2011, 12:30 PM
For Favre, it's a good situation. He's walking right into a title contender with the world's best wide receiver and receiving RB. Why wouldn't he want this? It's more about if the Texans wants him. Only time will tell, I guess...
I can't think of a better situation for a middle aged man.

Hervoyel
11-16-2011, 12:32 PM
I'd like to point out that Richard Justice has now written a blog post about what a bad idea it would be to pick up Brett Favre just as I predicted in post #28 of this thread.

Even as we speak an unnamed ESPN reporter is on his way to Brett's house with a 12 pack of beer and a smart phone.....

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/www.ign.com/291/2011/01/So-it-begins-the-great-shitstorm-of-our-time.jpg

GlassHalfFull
11-16-2011, 12:45 PM
I'd like to point out that Richard Justice has now written a blog post about what a bad idea it would be to pick up Brett Favre just as I predicted in post #28 of this thread.

Even as we speak an unnamed ESPN reporter is on his way to Brett's house with a 12 pack of beer and a smart phone.....

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/www.ign.com/291/2011/01/So-it-begins-the-great-shitstorm-of-our-time.jpg

And since we all know that Justice gets all his Texan's column ideas from TexansTalk, guess who I am blaming if all this comes to pass?

:bat:

Kaiser Toro
11-16-2011, 01:16 PM
No! Hell, no! This is shat and is going in the NFL forum.

Hervoyel
11-16-2011, 02:32 PM
No! Hell, no! This is shat and is going in the NFL forum.

:lightning:

Norg
11-16-2011, 05:00 PM
I still think kellen celemins. Would be best is he still with the jets ????

The Pencil Neck
11-16-2011, 09:15 PM
I still think kellen celemins. Would be best is he still with the jets ????

Kellen Clemens is a free agent.

You know... I hate to point this out but... you're on the internet. You can look crap like that up really, really easily.

Craig.
11-16-2011, 10:15 PM

You know... I hate to point this out but... you're on the internet. You can look crap like that up really, really easily.

Even if you google the oddly misspelled name it still takes you right where you need to be.

Kaiser Toro
11-16-2011, 10:50 PM

Even if you google the oddly misspelled name it still takes you right where you need to be.

Y'all have been Norg'd