PDA

View Full Version : At least AJ is coming back!

XI CMURDER IX
11-15-2011, 08:09 AM
That is something to look forward to right? We can see more of this!

http://i41.tinypic.com/30047rb.jpg

:kitten:

NitroGSXR
11-15-2011, 08:13 AM
We don't know that he is coming back yet.

HJam72
11-15-2011, 08:22 AM
I'm really more concerned about what percentage he is coming back at. :kitten:

I like this scenario: 5 dump-offs to Foster:

FOSTER:

5 receptions, 400 yds. receiving, 5 TDs.

LEINART:

9 for 13, 421 yds. passing, 5 TDs., 0 Ints.

Kaiser Toro
11-15-2011, 08:30 AM
Part of Texan fans frustration with this franchise is their handling of injuries - messaging, diagnosis, etc.

I have no expectation for AJ to be back, and do not believe a word that comes out of the Texans PR machine in relation to injuries.

Playoffs
11-15-2011, 08:35 AM
Perhaps, but defenses won't have to worry about the deep ball.

The field is smaller now.

HJam72
11-15-2011, 09:16 AM
Part of Texan fans frustration with this franchise is their handling of injuries - messaging, diagnosis, etc.

I have no expectation for AJ to be back, and do not believe a word that comes out of the Texans PR machine in relation to injuries.

Based on "their handling of injuries..." I can only presume that Matt Schaub has been DEAD for at least 48 hours and we will hear about the funeral in about 18 months.

thunderkyss
11-15-2011, 09:19 AM

I think this is the way to go. Even if we here that Andre participated fully in practice next week, with everything else that happened, it's better to count him out until he shows up on Sunday.

For me, the loss of Schaub is huge. I don't want to put Andre coming back on the plate, because I don't think I'd be able to handle another "setback"

I'm running low on Rum & GP ain't sharing that primo weed he's got a hold of.

El Tejano
11-15-2011, 09:44 AM
Honestly, this is where we need Andre the most. It's time for him to come in and be that player who has excelled no matter who the QB is. Andre is the heart and soul of this team and if we ever needed him to step up and show that leadership, now is the time. A stellar performance by him, will make the entire league take notice and our running game can continue to do it's damage.

Corrosion
11-15-2011, 09:46 AM
AJ cant throw himself the ball ..... :hankpalm:

BigBull17
11-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Knowing 80, I don't think there is anything that keeps him off the field when we need him most.

ThaJokaa
11-15-2011, 10:43 AM
If he wanted to I bet he could...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZsL_Jjx_E8

jaayteetx
11-15-2011, 10:59 AM
Perhaps, but defenses won't have to worry about the deep ball.

The field is smaller now.

Leinart can throw the deep ball, the knock on him coming out of college was his ability to throw the deep out.

Dutchrudder
11-15-2011, 11:10 AM
That is something to look forward to right? We can see more of this!

http://i41.tinypic.com/30047rb.jpg

AJ does not deserve to be in such a crappy movie.

Neg rep :mad:

HJam72
11-15-2011, 02:02 PM

Don't bet against that, LOL.

It's Andre Freaking Johnson; he could throw the ball the "wrong" way around the world, run, and go catch it in the end-zone. :fans:

PS-AJ doesn't like to risk killing drone planes with this maneuver, but a man's gotta do...

sometexansfan
11-15-2011, 04:18 PM

AJ did just fine with Mr. Mittens throwing him the ball, I think Leinart is an upgrade over that.

Playoffs
11-15-2011, 04:40 PM
Leinart can throw the deep ball, the knock on him coming out of college was his ability to throw the deep out.

Predraft:
Matt Leinart
Ht/Wt:05-Jun/217 lbs
Position: QB
School: USC
Class: SR

Won the Heisman Trophy 2004 but chose to return for his senior year. Threw for 3450 yards and 27 touchdowns this past season. Shows great leadership ability and is a proven winner. Draws Tom Brady comparisons. Wants the ball in his hands in big situations. Reads defenses well and makes smart decisions. Good throwing mechanics and gives his receivers a chance to catch the ball. Is not a threat to run the ball or throw the deep pass. Has had shoulder and elbow [surguries] in the past.

8/2008:
ESPNís Chris Mortensen, as well as the Associated Press, have reported that a source with the Arizona Cardinals has told them that Kurt Warner will be named the starting quarterback for the season opener.

In other words: Matt Leinart is being benched.

The source said Leinart's training-camp performance has been uneven, and the Cardinals are concerned about his arm strength and consistency.

texanway
11-18-2011, 01:51 PM
that pic is classic!

paycheck71
11-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Having read about the nature of AJ's procedure in other threads , I can't imagine that he will be 100% when he comes back. Some of the explosiveness may be gone until he gets that tendon reattached in the offseason.

TexansFanatic
11-18-2011, 02:41 PM
part of texan fans frustration with this franchise is their handling of injuries - messaging, diagnosis, etc.

I have no expectation for aj to be back, and do not believe a word that comes out of the texans pr machine in relation to injuries.

^^^^^this^^^^^

TexansFanatic
11-18-2011, 02:46 PM

Just give him a JUGS machine.

Actions speak louder than words. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZsL_Jjx_E8)

HJam72
11-18-2011, 04:37 PM

Hey, if that thing could do hand-offs too, we could use it! :cow:

ObsiWan
11-19-2011, 04:43 PM

I miss those commercials