PDA

View Full Version : On a scale of 1-10 how strongly do you feel about. . .

Rey
11-14-2011, 08:22 PM
The texans being 10-3

Ok, so we made it to 7-3. I said 7-3 would look nice but damn it feels good. It feels good to have a lot of meaningful football to play in the last six games.

I'm stepping it up a bit from the 7-3 thread (we were 5-3 at the time). This time I'm asking if we will win 3 in a row bringing the total to about two months without having experienced the agony of defeat.

10-3

EllisUnit
11-14-2011, 08:25 PM
The texans being 10-3

Ok, so we made it to 7-3. I said 7-3 would look nice but damn it feels good. It feels good to have a lot of meaningful football to play in the last six games.

I'm stepping it up a bit from the 7-3 thread (we were 5-3 at the time). This time I'm asking if we will win 3 in a row bringing the total to about two months without having experienced the agony of defeat.

i am a gigantic homer, i think everyone knows that. The only way we win 7 in a row to reach 10-3 is if either Leinart or Yates can step in and the coaches dont have to limit the playbook.

BSofA04
11-14-2011, 08:29 PM
4. Don't think it will happen but if our running game continues to dominate and our defense plays the way they've been playing, there is a chance! Just not a very good one.

Hervoyel
11-14-2011, 08:34 PM
I believe the Jacksonville game just became almost a given that we win. The entire team will step up, rally around Leinart, and he'll have two weeks to get ready. The focus will be intense from everyone else and all he'll have to do is keep the thing on the road. I think he'll surprise a lot of people but some of it will be an illusion.

The next game against Atlanta he'll really struggle in and we'll need some breaks to win there.

Finally the Cincinnati game I think we will win because they're in the process of running the Baltimore/Pittsburgh "gauntlet" right now. We could not catch them at a better time.

Most likely 2-1 but maybe, if we get some breaks we can go 3-0 here. I'd say it's a firm 4.5 or so. We almost have a 50% chance of pulling it off.

Rey
11-14-2011, 08:58 PM
I'm surprised I am at the high end. I went 7.

I don't think there will be a detrimental drop off at qb and I think our d willjust improve from here out. The stars are aligned for Leinart. Really he couldn't have come in to a better situation. Bye week, jags Mathis out, jags suck, aj will be back, running game, good oline, receiving targets, great play design, easy throws, good defense. . .

I think we keep it rolling. That said, credit to the opponents and I could see one or two of those teams having good performances from big time players. But I am on the more positive side that it can happen. Not for sure positive, but I think we have a good shot to do it.

76Texan
11-14-2011, 10:26 PM
I don't know how I feel.
I guess I'm going to just take one game at a time!

Norg
11-14-2011, 10:35 PM
At this point IDK what going to happen the NFL is so crazy on any given sunday u could lose there is a chance we can go 0-3 or heck 3-0

knowing the Qurky NFL we go 1-2

we lose our two raod games and beat ATL at home only cause road games are tough LOL ...and it might take 3 games for lienart to get in the grove after that i think we go on a winning streak

Txn_in_Oki
11-14-2011, 10:37 PM
I'll take a wishy-washy 6.

I think he can make the throws but the pressure and mistakes may get to him.

badboy
11-15-2011, 09:51 PM
I'll take a wishy-washy 6.

I think he can make the throws but the pressure and mistakes may get to him.Gary has to keep the playbook simple. No scripted plays. handoffs and short, accurate passes but run the ball. We have 3 power backs. Use them. Defense? Unleash the Kracken!

Norg
11-15-2011, 11:53 PM
over time Kubes needs to play to Lienart strengths hes younger

He can run faster then schaub and prob has a stronger arm so play up to that dont take away the deep ball IMO keep that apart of your game esp when they got 8 in the box and we run it so well

HJam72
11-16-2011, 09:33 AM
Wildcat with Cushing! :fans:

:kubepalm:

MistaRed
11-16-2011, 09:38 AM
I'll go with 8. The only game that concerns me is the Atlanta game and that's at home. Crowd will be in full force and Atlanta is not consistent enough to scare me. 10-3 here we come....

michaelm
11-16-2011, 09:40 AM
over time Kubes needs to play to Lienart strengths hes younger

He can run faster then schaub and prob has a stronger arm so play up to that dont take away the deep ball IMO keep that apart of your game esp when they got 8 in the box and we run it so well

I'm the exact opposite when it comes to whether or not Leinart should be asked to throw deep.
If I'm coach, I say, Matt I want you to break from the huddle, look at the defense and tell them to their faces that the first play will be a play action deep pass.
Then I want you to throw a play action deep pass to Jacoby Jones.
AJ will draw the double team underneath, and Jacoby will have single coverage deep. That's the way the play is schemed, and that's the way it will happen. Go Deep.
After you do that, you can tell them anything you want at the line of scrimmage. It'll give them something to think about all game long.

:splits:

eriadoc
11-16-2011, 10:07 AM
I think either the Bengals or the Falcons is a loss. I don't think it should be, but I think it will be. Still, I think 11-5 is extremely realistic, and really not too far out to say 12-4. If they would have won against the Saints or Ravens, I'd feel better about those two games right now.

Buffi2
11-16-2011, 10:18 AM
I went with 6 in hopes that the defense will be a huge help against Atlanta. If we can roll on and not panic, we should win Jacksonville and Cincinnati.

I worry about Kubiak over studying the whole thing as that is what he does. He has been fairly good this year and I sincerely hope this doesn't throw him back into old habits.

Buffi2
11-16-2011, 10:20 AM
I'm the exact opposite when it comes to whether or not Leinart should be asked to throw deep.
If I'm coach, I say, Matt I want you to break from the huddle, look at the defense and tell them to their faces that the first play will be a play action deep pass.
Then I want you to throw a play action deep pass to Jacoby Jones.
AJ will draw the double team underneath, and Jacoby will have single coverage deep. That's the way the play is schemed, and that's the way it will happen. Go Deep.
After you do that, you can tell them anything you want at the line of scrimmage. It'll give them something to think about all game long.

:splits:

I agree if Leinart has the skills to do it - that would set the tempo for the entire game.

BullNation4Life
11-16-2011, 10:30 AM
i am a gigantic homer, i think everyone knows that. The only way we win 7 in a row to reach 10-3 is if either Leinart or Yates can step in and the coaches dont have to limit the playbook.

They shouldn't have to limit the playbook. Leinart has been taking snaps in practice with the first team so he is probably doing the same roll outs/boot legs that Schaub has been doing, only been doing it left handed.

I think OD also said they have been catching passes from Leinart all year so should be a huge transition for the backs and WRs either...

Vinny
11-16-2011, 11:20 AM
The Texans are better than all of those teams. Defense. Defense is why they are better than all of those teams. The front-7 play is dynamite and Phillips knows how to coach man coverage. I don't know if anyone remembers me questioning the techniques coached by Gibbs (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64399&highlight=Gibbs+technique&page=2), but I linked the thread if you are interested. Coach Phillips has the team playing sound fundamentals unlike those defensive coaches that are now known as the FOG. Friends of Gary. This version of the Texans will be 10-3. Book it Dano.

Seņor Stan
11-16-2011, 11:32 AM
I'm at a 7.62 level of confidence.

I really think the train keeps rollin'. I am not buying the whole putting more guys in the box to stop the run. Teams are already doing that and they still can't stop it. In Tampa everyone in the building knew the Texans were going to run, and they continued to do it at will.

Rey
11-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Gary has to keep the playbook simple. No scripted plays. handoffs and short, accurate passes but run the ball. We have 3 power backs. Use them. Defense? Unleash the Kracken!

They are not getting rid of the opening script because Leinart is the QB now.

Hervoyel
11-16-2011, 11:42 AM
The Texans are better than all of those teams. Defense. Defense is why they are better than all of those teams. The front-7 play is dynamite and Phillips knows how to coach man coverage. I don't know if anyone remembers me questioning the techniques coached by Gibbs (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64399&highlight=Gibbs+technique&page=2), but I linked the thread if you are interested. Coach Phillips has the team playing sound fundamentals unlike those defensive coaches that are now known as the FOG. Friends of Gary. This version of the Texans will be 10-3. Book it Dano.

You know, after the initial shock of this I was thinking we go 2-1 over the next three games. I saw a united effort at Jacksonville, an odd home loss to Atlanta, and then a great road win against an overrated Bengals team.

Now I'm starting to think we're going to be ok and I'd like to change my vote here to 3-0 on this stretch. I'm feeling confident that Leinart is going to be good and as you pointed out our defense is really the difference maker.

The Texans can do this! 10-3 here we come!

Rey
11-16-2011, 11:45 AM
The Texans are better than all of those teams. Defense. Defense is why they are better than all of those teams. The front-7 play is dynamite and Phillips knows how to coach man coverage. I don't know if anyone remembers me questioning the techniques coached by Gibbs (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64399&highlight=Gibbs+technique&page=2), but I linked the thread if you are interested. Coach Phillips has the team playing sound fundamentals unlike those defensive coaches that are now known as the FOG. Friends of Gary. This version of the Texans will be 10-3...Book it Dano.

Wow Vinny...

That's pretty high confidence coming from you...

Edit: And now Herv has changed his vote....

:KoolAid:

Vinny
11-16-2011, 11:51 AM
You know, after the initial shock of this I was thinking we go 2-1 over the next three games. I saw a united effort at Jacksonville, an odd home loss to Atlanta, and then a great road win against an overrated Bengals team.

Now I'm starting to think we're going to be ok and I'd like to change my vote here to 3-0 on this stretch. I'm feeling confident that Leinart is going to be good and as you pointed out our defense is really the difference maker.

The Texans can do this! 10-3 here we come!

The V-tea is better than the mythological kewl aide. The Falcons aren't a good road team and when we go to Cincy our defense will put All Pro Joseph on rookie wonder A.J. Green, give Dalton multiple looks and keep the Bengal offense to two FG's and a TD. The Jags? They have a miserable offense and a good but not outstanding defense...They will be no match for a top 5 defense and Andre, Foster, Tate and the O-line. Leinart will just throw 15 -20 times and call it a day.

Vinny
11-16-2011, 12:02 PM
Wow Vinny...

That's pretty high confidence coming from you...

Edit: And now Herv has changed his vote....

:KoolAid: This team reminds me of the 49er team that beat Dallas in the playoffs then went on their historic little run of playoff appearances and titles. Everyone expected Dallas to dispatch the 49ers back then. The 49ers were mediocre for so long then bam, all of a sudden they go from a team nobody talked about to a Super Bowl team...just like that. Seemingly out of nowhere they changed their entire National perception almost overnight. The local fans would probably argue otherwise, but Nationally, there was a sudden switch of what most people around the Nation thought of that franchise.

Now, I don't compare the players, qb's or coaches, just how the Nation perceives this team. Nobody really thinks we can do anything but fold our tents so nobody (Nationally) really puts any stock in us (yet) despite what they see on the field and on paper (for the most part). I think we are in the midst of blowing up our National perception and forming a new identity like the caterpillar forming a chrysalis, transforming into something beautiful. We are no longer the caterpillar.

thunderkyss
11-16-2011, 12:04 PM
The Texans are better than all of those teams. Defense. Defense is why they are better than all of those teams.

The Jags have a top 5 defense, so do the Bengals. I know we're #1 right now, but those aren't gimmie defenses.

The Falcons have a top 5 rushing defense.

I don't think the next three games are in the bag, write it down, we're gonna win them.

I've got to see Lienart myself before I can determine what kind of drop off it's going to be. But more than just Lienart, I'm worried about our OL. Jacksonville is going to overload the line & dare Lienart to beat them.

While I like our chances, those two big boys in the middle gave us trouble vs Tampa & their edge rushers made Eric & Duane earn their money.

Jacksonville is going to be ready to play. After the way we embarrassed them at Reliant, I bet they'll play their Super Bowl Sunday after next.

I still think we finish 11-5 or better, justs don't know how we're going to do it.

Rey
11-16-2011, 12:07 PM
This team reminds me of the 49er team that beat Dallas in the playoffs then went on their historic little run of playoff appearances and titles. Everyone expected Dallas to dispatch the 49ers back then. The 49ers were mediocre for so long then bam, all of a sudden they go from a team nobody talked about to a Super Bowl team...just like that. Seemingly out of nowhere they changed their entire National perception almost overnight. The local fans would probably argue otherwise, but Nationally, there was a sudden switch of what most people around the Nation thought of that franchise.

Now, I don't compare the players, qb's or coaches, just how the Nation perceives this team. Nobody really thinks we can do anything but fold our tents so nobody (Nationally) really puts any stock in us (yet) despite what they see on the field and on paper (for the most part). I think we are in the midst of blowing up our National perception and forming a new identity like the caterpillar forming a chrysalis, transforming into something beautiful. We are no longer the caterpillar.

Yeah...I think so too...

I voted 7 the day of the Schaub news, but now that I've had time to think about it and read some other perspectives I think I am closer to an 8.5-9.5.

This is a good team and the teams that we will be facing don't really scare me. Leinart is the wild card for the rest of the season though.

Norg
11-16-2011, 12:10 PM
now lookin at it

not to sure in terms of this part of the sechudle these 3 games are much tougher then the last 3

@jags vs ATL @Cincy

VS CAR @indy vs Ten

if we can win 2 of the top 3 and win all the rest we are lookin a tnumber 1 seed

if we go 1-2 and then win all the rest maybe looking at a wildcard game

at this point with schaub going down i just wanna get into the playoff healthy ....... and if resting some starters the last two games means that so be it

Vinny
11-16-2011, 12:15 PM
The Jags have a top 5 defense, so do the Bengals. I know we're #1 right now, but those aren't gimmie defenses.

The Falcons have a top 5 rushing defense.

I don't think the next three games are in the bag, write it down, we're gonna win them.

I've got to see Lienart myself before I can determine what kind of drop off it's going to be. But more than just Lienart, I'm worried about our OL. Jacksonville is going to overload the line & dare Lienart to beat them.

While I like our chances, those two big boys in the middle gave us trouble vs Tampa & their edge rushers made Eric & Duane earn their money.

Jacksonville is going to be ready to play. After the way we embarrassed them at Reliant, I bet they'll play their Super Bowl Sunday after next.

I still think we finish 11-5 or better, justs don't know how we're going to do it. Bengals just lost their best CB Leon Hall. He is out for the season. I watched the Steelers convert just about every single 3rd and long they had vs the Bengals. They are thinking about using pacman jones to replace him...that's lol talk where I come from. They have a good unit, but they aren't that impressive when you watch them. The Falcons have a decent rushing defense but their pass defense isn't so good, plus they are not a good road team. They really struggle vs good teams on the road. This just in...but we are now a good team.

If Jville is playing their SB against us, I have bad news for them. They start Gabbert and their wr's blow. They have too much suck on offense to beat this team.

[/QUOTE]

thunderkyss
11-16-2011, 12:22 PM
at this point with schaub going down i just wanna get into the playoff healthy ....... and if resting some starters the last two games means that so be it

The Titans are 5-4. They'll need 3 losses before Week 16 before we can think about "resting" players.

@Atlanta (must watch game for all of us)
Tampa
@Buffalo
New Orleans
@Indy
Jax
@Houston

That may be a possibility.

welsh texan
11-16-2011, 03:31 PM
The Titans go into a really tough part of their schedule now, I think ATL on the road for them is a much tougher prospect than our home game against them.

Tampa aren't as bad as we made them look at the weekend. I trully believe they are in the same range as the Titans.

Then @ Buffalo although Buffalo have slid a bit I'm sure they can be a real threat to the Tits.

And we've seen for ourselves what NO can do, and we really made them work for it up until our D got tired late in the game, what they'll do to the Titans is anyones guess.

I find it hard to see the Titans doing any better than 2-2 over that stretch, and tbh I'd say that would be a good return for them.

That would put them at 7-6, although I really want to believe they could end up 6-7 when that bit of the schedule is done.

We would only need to go 2-1 over our 3 game run and that would make the division a virtual certainty. 9-4 vs 7-6 with Indy left to play.

ObsiWan
11-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Gary has to keep the playbook simple. No scripted plays. handoffs and short, accurate passes but run the ball. We have 3 power backs. Use them. Defense? Unleash the Kracken!

Actually after reading this

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/s...-steelers-game (http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/story/_/id/7241276/nfl-look-making-remaking-houston-texans-gameplan-week-4-pittsburgh-steelers-game)

(thank you gtexan02!)
I feel much better about the script. A helluva lot of work goes into building that thing. And they go over it with the QBs - including why the plays on the script are there and why they should work - during the Monday QB meeting. It's a long read, but very good. There's also some insight into how Wade crafts his defensive game plan too.

I'd rep gtexan again if I could.

The Pencil Neck
11-17-2011, 12:36 AM

We are one of the most efficient teams in the league at scoring on our opening drives and you want to scrap the script? Really?

The Pencil Neck
11-17-2011, 12:39 AM
If we get through these three games without a loss... we could run the freaking table.

The thing is... we could do it. I won't be surprised if we do it.

But I expect to lose at least one and possibly two of these games. So I put a 6. We can do it but with the vagaries of life in the NFL, I'm not absotively sure about it.

infantrycak
11-17-2011, 10:09 AM
We are one of the most efficient teams in the league at scoring on our opening drives and you want to scrap the script? Really?

Most people don't even understand what coaches refer to as scripted plays. They think it is "the ninth play will be X" no matter the situation rather than "on the first 3rd and 5 we will do X."

Rey
12-08-2011, 12:27 PM
How strongly are you feeling right about now? This thread was made before Schaub got hurt...

Still feeling the same about our chances?

I think I voted 7 when we made this three weeks ago....

Of course we've won a few games since then, but I'd probably go up to an 8.7. If we can get past Cincy unscathed I think we'll do it...

ziggy29
12-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Of course we've won a few games since then, but I'd probably go up to an 8.7. If we can get past Cincy unscathed I think we'll do it...

Since the OP was asking about our chances of going 10-3, I'm thinking that being 9-3 now, if we can get past Cincy I'd feel 100% about our chances of 10-3...

Rey
12-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Since the OP was asking about our chances of going 10-3, I'm thinking that being 9-3 now, if we can get past Cincy I'd feel 100% about our chances of 10-3...

:handshake::gun::spit: