PDA

View Full Version : Schaub left Tampa in walking boot

Yankee_In_TX
11-13-2011, 04:10 PM
No link, per Rich Lord.

Yankee_In_TX
11-13-2011, 04:11 PM
...and I thought Kubes was FINALLY putting Lienart in with a big lead voluntarily.

srrono
11-13-2011, 04:11 PM
according to 610 Schaub left game in a walking boot

Ryan
11-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Bye week could not have come at a better time.

Yankee_In_TX
11-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Beat you (I think :P)

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86874

Pantherstang84
11-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Ouch. Hopefully it's not serious.

HJam72
11-13-2011, 04:14 PM
This boot is made for walkin'....and it just walked all over you... :bender:

Lurvinator11
11-13-2011, 04:16 PM
apparently he rolled his ankle. He should be good since were going into a bye week

ObsiWan
11-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Two threads on the same exact subject?

TexCanada
11-13-2011, 04:25 PM

Well it is a pretty important topic. I'm thinking about making a third.

HJam72
11-13-2011, 04:33 PM
Thread title: Hey, there's 2 other threads saying!... :)

ObsiWan
11-13-2011, 04:33 PM
Well it is a pretty important topic. I'm thinking about making a third.

If you do, the Mods will
:voodoo:

:D

nero THE zero
11-13-2011, 04:36 PM
...and I thought Kubes was FINALLY putting Lienart in with a big lead voluntarily.

Do we know that this is the case?

It was mentioned by Albert and Gannon that Schaub came out of the pile when he snuck it out of the end zone gimpy. If that is when the injury occurred, he played a significant portion of the game on his ankle.

Further, the defensive series (or play, I should say) before Leinart came in fielded the B team (i.e. Braman, Nading, etc.) and Ward came in exclusively from that point as well.

Unless Kubiak has said it explicitly, I don't think it's safe to assume Leinart came in because of Schaub's ankle.

TexansBull
11-13-2011, 04:49 PM

That really bugs me that Kubiak hasn't put in Leinart when we have a big lead like in the Browns or Titans game. Hopefully this teaches him a lesson and the injury isn't serious.

BlueSteel
11-13-2011, 06:16 PM
The team doctors are not used to The team kicking so much a$$ so they decided to put a walking boot on Schaub just to be safe. ;)

Hervoyel
11-13-2011, 06:26 PM
apparently he rolled his ankle. He should be good since were going into a bye week

Yeah, if he's not ready to go Sunday against the bye I think Leinart can handle it.

Double Lung
11-13-2011, 06:43 PM

Do you have nothing better to do than be a pretend mod and jump on people for doing this?

Sad...

Texan_Bill
11-13-2011, 06:57 PM
MEH!!!

That little Schaub guy that is such a ***** and not very durable will be fine contrary to those quasi-fans that think Schaub is "soft"!

*You know who I'm lookin' at*

ObsiWan
11-13-2011, 09:24 PM
Do you have nothing better to do than be a pretend mod and jump on people for doing this?

Sad...

only if you consider asking a simple question "jumping on" someone....

It was more to bring it to the attention to the mods - who were probably aware of it anyway - so the two threads could be merged.

it's no more "evil" than that.

Relax. You have two whole posts. Get to know the flavor around here before you make assumptions.

EllisUnit
11-13-2011, 09:30 PM
a rolled ankle hurts. but it heals quickly as long as you give it time to heal. i have had many working in the oilfield, and i never got to give mine time to heal but it was 100% better after a week, so schaub will be ok.

Fili
11-13-2011, 09:37 PM
It's just to stabilize his angle so it'll heal faster. Bye week :fans:

ts4texans
11-14-2011, 06:08 AM
Yeah, if he's not ready to go Sunday against the bye I think Leinart can handle it.

i wouldn't get your hopes up lmao.

mussop
11-14-2011, 06:15 AM
Hell let him play in it. It's not like it's going to make him any slower! :bender:

silvrhand
11-14-2011, 08:05 AM
He should have his throwing arm in the sling, can't believe he couldn't get the ball further down the field on the first TD.. Seriously is something wrong with his shoulder/arm this year? I'm thinking he had arm swap surgery with Chad Pennington or something.

CloakNNNdagger
11-14-2011, 08:35 AM
a rolled ankle hurts. but it heals quickly as long as you give it time to heal. i have had many working in the oilfield, and i never got to give mine time to heal but it was 100% better after a week, so schaub will be ok.

The lay term "rolled ankle" sounds very benign, but it simply equates to the medical term "sprained ankle." A sprained ankle covers a wide range of injury, and like other sprains are classified as Grade I, Grade II and Grade III.

Grade 1 sprain:

Slight stretching and some damage to the fibers (fibrils) of the ligament.

Grade 2 sprain:

Partial tearing of the ligament. If the ankle joint is examined and moved in certain ways, abnormal looseness (laxity) of the ankle joint occurs.

Grade 3 sprain:

Complete tear of the ligament. If the examiner pulls or pushes on the ankle joint in certain movements, gross instability occurs.

Each grade carries the potential for different rehab/recovery times.

Your sprains are consistent with the very common Grade I sprains which usually only require 1-2 weeks.

Grade II sprains can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks.

Grade III sprains can take longer and into months.

The thing that is somewhat bothersome in the little information that we have been given thus far is that Schaub is in a boot. Typically, a Grade I is not immobilized at all. It is only supported with taping and range of motion is not blocked with a boot.

The boot is usually utilized only in Grade II and Grade III, where immobilization is temporarily advantageous for anywhere from several days to 2-3 weeks, depending on extent of the injury.

Fortunately, the need for surgery is unusual even for Grade III ankle sprains, and is reserved only for the severest of cases.

False Start
11-14-2011, 09:52 AM
I was wondering why Leinart was in the game at the end. I know it was a blow out, but usually Kubiak plays his starters all he way through no matter what. The bye week should help Schaub, and a lot of the other guys heal up and get ready for the homestretch.

Schaub sure doesnt look happy with Kubiak in this pic though, he has that "crazy eyes" look going on.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6061/8crazyeyeskubes.jpg