PDA

View Full Version : Player you'll watch Texans vs Bucs

badboy
11-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Jacoby Jones for me.

HouSportsWriter
11-12-2011, 10:04 PM
For me its Rackers! Man i been having a strange dream, for the past three nights. It always ended with the game on the line ,and down by three, but Rackers missed a 30 yard game winning field goal wide right...

Please do not let this happen!

gary
11-12-2011, 10:12 PM
Jacoby Jones too. I hope he continues his good play even when AJ returns they are going to need him.

badboy
11-12-2011, 10:17 PM
Jacoby Jones too. I hope he continues his good play even when AJ returns they are going to need him.I think in the 5 games AJ has been out JJ has caught 11 passes for 199yds.

Texan_Bill
11-12-2011, 10:25 PM
Nah.... No player in particular....... It boils down down to our running game v. their 26th ranked defense against the run...

Fili
11-13-2011, 12:57 AM
Vickers. I want to see how much he has improved.

MEGA SWATT
11-13-2011, 01:09 AM
Cushing. Man that guy is crazy. :splits:

Carr Bombed
11-13-2011, 01:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32KAqii4lrk

He gets better every week, teams are going to regret letting him slip as far as they did.

b0ng
11-13-2011, 01:23 AM
I'll be watching Reed and Cushing.

Showtime100
11-13-2011, 01:54 AM
I'll be watching Reed and Cushing.

I was going to say Reed. I believe in this guy. I think he will show yet more improvement this week. Cushing has sold me. As I said in another thread, no more Cushing pregnancy jokes out of me.

On a different note I'll see Kareem fall down soon enough.

Corrosion
11-13-2011, 02:09 AM
Texans pass rush Vs Josh Freeman .... They gotta get him on the ground , not just knock him around.

aussie_texan
11-13-2011, 02:34 AM
nolan demps and kj for me. should be a harder test for them this week then the previous games

hradhak
11-13-2011, 08:15 AM
Texans pass rush Vs Josh Freeman .... They gotta get him on the ground , not just knock him around.

This. Freeman seems like the wild card with the Bucks. He can be boom or bust. And with our pass rush he's gonna get flushed out of the pocket. If we can't bring him down he can move out of the pocket and make plays.

ts4texans
11-13-2011, 08:22 AM
definitely tate, foster, jacoby and watt.

thunderkyss
11-13-2011, 08:28 AM
Jacoby Jones for me.

Me too. Jacoby Jones & Aquib Talib.

I think Jacoby has been playing out of his mind. I haven't seen a CB in the league stay with him all year. Just hope we can get the ball to him.

I'd also like to see how younger more athletic LBs keep Freeman pinned in the pocket.

ts4texans
11-13-2011, 08:33 AM
I guess i'l be watching kareem jackson too. i don't know how i feel about him starting at corner but we'll see..

thunderkyss
11-13-2011, 08:36 AM
I think in the 5 games AJ has been out JJ has caught 11 passes for 199yds.

I don't think his stats indicate how well he's been playing.

hradhak
11-13-2011, 08:41 AM

I'd agree. These last few games have been all about the rushing attack. We haven't need significant contributions from the air attack to really win out. I'm fine with that. JJ has been running good routes. He's below his average from last year of 3.5 catches per game (he's at 2 per game this year), but we haven't really need him to catch as many. My guess is that when we play better teams like Atlanta we'll need to be throwing the ball more and that's the best time to really evaluate how well he's doing.

solutiondown
11-13-2011, 10:04 AM
Just about anyone on the offensive line. I'm always excited about watching any part of the team truly excel, and the trenches have been a heck of lot of fun to watch this year. The matchup should - hopefully - cater to the strength, and I expect to see fireworks from the big guys.

EDIT: Will definitely be watching Cushing too - for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that he becomes the scariest man in the world when blood starts gushing down his face.

Sideline
11-13-2011, 12:35 PM
Personally, I think the secondary could be in for a big day but that all starts by watching what the pass rush can do. If we can keep Freeman in the pocket and force him to pass he really telegraphs his throws so our defensive backs could capitalize on this.

ts4texans
11-13-2011, 12:38 PM
brandon harris anyone?

76Texan
11-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Looks like McMannis is inactive for this game.
We may see Brandon Harris (or we may not) on the defense.
He's in on ST, at any rate.

b0ng
11-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Watt is having a pretty good game.

Jones is killing it.

b0ng
11-13-2011, 02:51 PM
Clarification: Brooks Reed is now killing it.

badboy
11-13-2011, 06:41 PM
So I pick Jacoby and he only gets two receptions. One did go a ways though....

Corrosion
11-13-2011, 07:17 PM
This. Freeman seems like the wild card with the Bucks. He can be boom or bust. And with our pass rush he's gonna get flushed out of the pocket. If we can't bring him down he can move out of the pocket and make plays.

He got loose a couple times and made plays with his feet ..... but since he couldnt hit the broad side of a barn with a sawed off shotgun from 3 feet away today .... It didnt matter.

JJ's played well in absence of AJ .... the thing that has stood out to me is his blocking , both in the run game and down field in the pass game.

thunderkyss
11-13-2011, 07:30 PM
JJ's played well in absence of AJ .... the thing that has stood out to me is his blocking , both in the run game and down field in the pass game.

Kubiak/Schaub is doing a great job of spreading the ball around. Matt threw the ball 15 times, 11 completions to 5 different recievers.

On the big play to start the game, Schaub said Jj was his second option.

Corrosion
11-13-2011, 09:48 PM
Kubiak/Schaub is doing a great job of spreading the ball around. Matt threw the ball 15 times, 11 completions to 5 different recievers.

On the big play to start the game, Schaub said Jj was his second option.

Kubiak's scheme and play design is getting these recievers wide the bleep open ..... Seems like every game we see a guy with no one within 10 yards of him at least once.
I dont see how a defense can lose track of a guy like that in the NFL. Hell , we've seen a defense lose track of AJ in the past ..... How does that happen ?!
They are making defenses look stupid at times.

43 hand offs to Foster , Tate and Ward .... 15 passes for 11 completions and you put up 37 .... nice day at the office for a QB.

The running game .... Cant say enough about it. They pick up chunks of yards even when everyone in the building knows they are going to run it. Thats the mark of a great running game.

The defense didnt make history today by holding the Bucs below 175 total but they had a hell of a day .... Reed and Barwin had a hell of a day as did Watt ....

What the hell has come over Kareem Jackson all the sudden makin plays.

ObsiWan
11-13-2011, 10:19 PM

That's like finding a $100 bill on the ground... you don't ask where it came from or whose it is. Just grin to yourself, put it in your pocket, and keep on steppin'
:D

Texaninlild
11-13-2011, 10:28 PM
Kubiak's scheme and play design is getting these recievers wide the bleep open ..... Seems like every game we see a guy with no one within 10 yards of him at least once.
I dont see how a defense can lose track of a guy like that in the NFL. Hell , we've seen a defense lose track of AJ in the past ..... How does that happen ?!

43 hand offs to Foster , Tate and Ward .... 15 passes for 11 completions and you put up 37 .... nice day at the office for a QB.

The running game .... Cant say enough about it. They pick up chunks of yards even when everyone in the building knows they are going to run it. Thats the mark of a great running game.

The defense didnt make history today by holding the Bucs below 175 total but they had a hell of a day .... Reed and Barwin had a hell of a day as did Watt ....

Kubes seems to have learned you do not need to force what is not there just to find balance in the offense. Chuck it on play-action a few times in the first half and those 9 in the box will soften up for the second half. We run all over their as*es in the second half because teams are tired and they do not where the ball is going.

We have WMD's...don't tell GWB!

Showtime100
11-14-2011, 05:53 AM
I was going to say Reed. I believe in this guy. I think he will show yet more improvement this week. Cushing has sold me. As I said in another thread, no more Cushing pregnancy jokes out of me.

On a different note I'll see Kareem fall down soon enough.

Yeah

GlassHalfFull
11-14-2011, 06:31 AM

To be fair, it must be mentioned that wasn't a very large number yesterday. :kitten: