PDA

View Full Version : Four Texans get midseason All-Pro recognition

srrono
11-11-2011, 05:58 PM
http://blog.houstontexans.com/2011/11/11/four-texans-get-midseason-all-pro-recognition/

Several Texans players received recognition on the various midseason All-Pro teams that came out in the last week or so.

Here’s a list, as picked by some of the more notable outlets:

C Chris Myers (John Clayton, Pete Prisco, Pro Football Focus)
RT Eric Winston (John Clayton, Peter King, Pro Football Focus)
ILB Brian Cushing (John Clayton, Pete Prisco)
CB Johnathan Joseph (Peter King)

Clayton, a senior writer for ESPN.com, picked Texans defensive end J.J. Watt as his midway defensive rookie of the year. He tabbed Texans running back Ben Tate as his most underrated player.

Clayton also listed Texans defensive coordinator Wade Phillips as his assistant coach of the year. That sentiment was echoed by Gregg Rosenthal of NBC Sports and ProFootballTalk, who named Phillips his Coordinator of the Year. Rosenthal also gave mention to Cushing (ranking him second in the Reborn Player category), the Texans’ defense (fourth in Most Underrated Group) and Watt (fourth in Defensive Rookie of the Year.

thunderkyss
11-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Woo-hoo!

Thorn
11-12-2011, 07:11 AM
Clayton also listed Texans defensive coordinator Wade Phillips as his assistant coach of the year. That sentiment was echoed by Gregg Rosenthal of NBC Sports and ProFootballTalk, who named Phillips his Coordinator of the Year.

Son of Bum arrives just in the nick of time to save the franchise from itself.

IDEXAN
11-12-2011, 08:30 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823ef799/article
Once and for all, I have no doubts that Michael Lombardi really does dislike the Texans. He named none to his midseason all-pro team, which I can live with, but it's who he named instead especially to the OLine that upsets me.
His center is the Jets Mangold, who is a tremendous center but he's been injured much of this year. And his tackles are Jake Long & Jason Peters, 2 guys from a couple teams that have like 3 or 4 wins total for their teams.
Duane Brown at OT and Chris Myers at center are both far better and more obvious choices than those 2.

thunderkyss
11-12-2011, 09:48 AM
His center is the Jets Mangold...
And his tackles are Jake Long & Jason Peters...

Duane Brown at OT and Chris Myers at center are both far better and more obvious choices than those 2.

I don't know about better or obvious. Sounds a little biased since they are both Texans & you are a Texans' fan posting on a Texans' board.

In truth, I think it is impossible to identify who was the "best" there are too many players, with too many strengths & weaknesses in too many different situations. All that needs to be taken into account & each "voter" is going to take them into account differently.

I don't know what kind of process is used to select All-Pro players, but as long as it is somewhat of a consensus in the end, I think it would be better than these "individual" lists.

Sideline
11-12-2011, 10:25 AM
Had he not spent time injured you could probably add Foster to that list.

Great to see some of our boys getting recognition though.

thunderkyss
11-12-2011, 10:47 AM
Great to see some of our boys getting recognition though.

You do know the All-pro list is determined by guys we've wrote off as mediots right?

ObsiWan
11-12-2011, 06:09 PM
You do know the All-pro list is determined by guys we've wrote off as mediots right?

some of them are blessed with much more idiotness than the others. Now I ain't *cough*Lombardi*cough* callin' no names....
:spot: