PDA

View Full Version : Week 13: Possible SNF flex game for Texans

Maddict5
11-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Week 13 SNF game is supposed to be Pats-Colts. With the Colts 'lucking' like they couldnt beat a college team this nvm a team like the Pats, not to mention their 62-7 pounding on SNF afew weeks ago, I think its quite likely that game is going to get flexed.

Jets @ Redskins (CBS) and Packers @ Giants (FOX) have both been protected by their respective networks so a the replacement game can't be either of those

That leaves only two real possibilities for flexed games (i.e. games between two winning teams):

Detroit (6-2) @ New Orleans (6-3)

OR

Falcons (5-3) @ Texans (6-3)

just something to possibly look forward to :hurrah:

BIG TORO
11-08-2011, 12:18 PM
When would they make a decision on this?

brakos82
11-08-2011, 12:21 PM
When would they make a decision on this?

Tuesday after week 11 I do believe.

ThaJokaa
11-08-2011, 12:22 PM
It'll be Lions n Saints if a game gets flexed..

MistaRed
11-08-2011, 12:24 PM

What makes you so sure?

TexanSam
11-08-2011, 12:38 PM
I doubt the NY Giants vs Cowboys game will be flexed, but maybe there's a possibility if the Cowboys aren't in the running for anything? We play the Bengals that week (week 14).

Heath Shuler
11-08-2011, 12:39 PM
cin @ pit?

b0ng
11-08-2011, 12:43 PM
What makes you so sure?

Playoff implications. Lions will probably be fighting for a WC spot, and conference record may come into play.

Shaft75
11-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Plus... There is a compelling story line.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84460&highlight=falcons

Maddict5
11-08-2011, 12:50 PM
cin @ pit?

woops missed that one... but i doubt they flex it because the steelers are playing the next thurs nite so its a short enough week at that nvm cutting another 8 hrs rest off it

Lady.Gaga.3000
11-08-2011, 12:53 PM

I will bet on this too. THE bottom line is ratings, which equals $$$$$. Detroit's success this season is a national headline and New Orleans is a big national team now. Drew Brees is a national name.

I would LOVE the Texans to be on national TV, but if I was in the board room I would bank on Detroit/New Orleans bringing in more ratings. The only reason to choose the AFC game over the NFC game is the fact that the Texans do not have a national game besides that lame Thursday nighter.

Counting the regular primetime games (Sunday and Monday night), there are only THREE scheduled AFC vs. NFC games: DAL @ NYJ, IND @ NO, and PIT @ SF. There's a reason they do not put many AFC/NFC games in primetime.

Average people: "Who the hell is Matt Schaub?"

Maddict5
11-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Average people: "Who the hell is Matt Schaub?"

im not saying you're wrong but they're just as likely to be clueless about matt stafford. i dont see that being that big of a factor tbh. they want a good game. well we def gave them that last time we were on national tv

b0ng
11-08-2011, 01:30 PM
It begins

Jason La Canfora
We have been spared from further Primetime Painter: Colts/Pats no longer Week 13 Sunday Night Game.

Vinny
11-08-2011, 01:30 PM
http://nflcommunications.com/2011/11/08/week-11-flex-scheduling/ week 11 has been settled. I think we won't know who the sub teams for week 13 till week 11

BIG TORO
11-08-2011, 01:35 PM
You would think an AFC/NFC match up would make more sense because it would bring in viewers from both sides!?

Dutchrudder
11-08-2011, 01:46 PM
It certainly would be cool to get the Sunday night game, but I think the Lions/Saints is more compelling for the national audience.

b0ng
11-08-2011, 01:47 PM
You would think an AFC/NFC match up would make more sense because it would bring in viewers from both sides!?

Less playoff implications. While overall W/L record is important for playoff seeding, the Saints and the Lions could be competing for a WC slot against each other (Lions are almost certain to be 2nd in the NFCN). Isn't there an AFCN match-up too? Like Cincy/Pitt?

Lurvinator11
11-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Well if detroit has fallen apart by week 13, which could happen, they could put us in. But I would probably go with Detroit @ New Orleans as well. Unless if there is some sort of rule saying a team can only have x amount of prime time appearences. I doubt thats the case though.

MistaRed
11-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Playoff implications. Lions will probably be fighting for a WC spot, and conference record may come into play.

That makes sense. While it would be nice to see us on a national stage during the season, we'll get plenty of exposure during the playoffs so I'm not too down about it.

fiasco west
11-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Well if detroit has fallen apart by week 13, which could happen, they could put us in. But I would probably go with Detroit @ New Orleans as well. Unless if there is some sort of rule saying a team can only have x amount of prime time appearences. I doubt thats the case though.

...and now I am hoping the Lions drop some games.

But according to these rules (http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/flexible) then it won't be us.

Will probably be the Packers vs Giants.

Maddict5
11-08-2011, 03:26 PM

But according to these rules (http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/flexible) then it won't be us.

nope wont be that one v....... btw what the hell were cbs thinking protecting jets-skins over steelers-cincy??

..and i dont see anything in those rules that would exclude our game from flexing??

Jets @ Redskins (CBS) and Packers @ Giants (FOX) have both been protected by their respective networks so a the replacement game can't be either of those

b0ng
11-08-2011, 03:26 PM

That game is protected by Fox from being flexed.

JCTexan
11-08-2011, 03:27 PM

What in the rules says it couldn't be the Houston game?

gtexan02
11-08-2011, 03:30 PM
edit

JCTexan
11-08-2011, 03:31 PM
Considering the fact that Houston doesn't really have a prime-time game and both teams are playoff caliber I could definitely see it happening.

fiasco west
11-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Well I was thinking the afternoon thing and our games start at noon...well for us any way. Thought it meant that none of the early games could be picked.

Guess it could be us, if both teams continue to roll it will be a hard game to ignore.

JCTexan
11-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Well I was thinking the afternoon thing and our games start at noon...well for us any way. Thought it meant that none of the early games could be picked.

Guess it could be us, if both teams continue to roll it will be a hard game to ignore.

No. It means a Saturday, Thursday or Monday game can't be flexed.

drunkcookie
11-08-2011, 10:44 PM
really torn on this one... me and the girlfriend just scored six tix for that game so I'd love to be at a prime-time game... then again, I have to work the next morning and with an almost two hour drive home (not counting post-game traffic), that's gunna make Monday morning suck a little more than it already does (add to it less time to recover from a possible loss)... Either way I'll be there, no matter the time...

Also, I do see Detroit and New Orleans getting the game over Houston and Atlanta (but maybe not by a long shot, could be close between the three or whatever games to chose from)... Detroit is one of the biggest stories in the NFL this year, and New Orleans has been a media darling ever since Katrina... Add to it the whole NFC wildcard chase, and The D/NO could be the no-brainer choice for the network...

Lurvinator11
11-08-2011, 11:38 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7208261/nfl-flexes-indianapolis-colts-new-england-patriots-prime-time-week-13

Well the flex is official, we will know by November 22nd if our texans will be on primetime.

houstonspartan
11-09-2011, 12:55 AM
No way we get flexed over Detroit and New Orleans. No way. Everyone will be wanting to see Detroit and New Orleans.

ObsiWan
11-09-2011, 01:43 AM
No way we get flexed over Detroit and New Orleans. No way. Everyone will be wanting to see Detroit and New Orleans.

If there was a line on which game would be moved, I'd bet this one too. As others have said, Nawlins is nationally known (thanks to their post-Katrina championship) and Detroit is one of this year's worst-to-near first Cinderella stories.

Playoff implications appeal to the real fans and the background stories will bring in the casual fans. Those spell big ratings and an easy time for the hype machine.

TexanBacker93
11-09-2011, 07:01 AM

I think teams are limited to 5 appearances with 1 team getting 6 spots. I think the Saints have 4 scheduled right now.

TexanBacker93
11-09-2011, 07:02 AM
really torn on this one... me and the girlfriend just scored six tix for that game so I'd love to be at a prime-time game... then again, I have to work the next morning and with an almost two hour drive home (not counting post-game traffic), that's gunna make Monday morning suck a little more than it already does (add to it less time to recover from a possible loss)... Either way I'll be there, no matter the time...

You should lose those tickets just for thinking this.

Lucky
11-09-2011, 07:34 AM
Everyone will be wanting to see Detroit and New Orleans.
I wanna see it. I'd rather go to the game at noon, and be back home to watch these offensive fireworks. I know that it would help Texans fans who are out of the area see the game. But for me, I'd rather keep it at noon. A MNF game would be different, as you could just leave work early a do a little tailgating.

IDEXAN
11-09-2011, 07:46 AM
If the Texans could get Warren Moon and his Run & Shoot Receivers to play,
we might get the Houston-ATL game, otherwise forget it. Trust me I know, the Texans following outside of Houston is sparsely represented and I don't think ATLs popularity ever got back remotely close to the old Vick days ?

drunkcookie
11-09-2011, 12:45 PM
You should lose those tickets just for thinking this.

I know, right? But i won't lose them, and will be there losing my voice just the same... Doesn't it just make you sick?

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

b0ng
11-09-2011, 12:50 PM
I'll be at that game, and I hope it gets flexed because I love being at a game that I know every die hard football fan in the US is probably watching.

thunderkyss
11-09-2011, 03:05 PM
What makes you so sure?

Saints won the Super Bowl a few years back & the Lions are the Darlings right now. If they keep winning (well, if they get back to winning) that'll be the flex game for sure.

SheTexan
11-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Leave us alone!!! We don't light up the TV screen when we're on National TV anyway, so please DON'T jink us now! I'm fine with the noon game, and would LOVE to see Detroit kick some NO butts!!! We'll get the National media attention when we deserve it!!! PLAYOFFS!!

fiasco west
11-09-2011, 04:21 PM
If the Texans could get Warren Moon and his Run & Shoot Receivers to play,
we might get the Houston-ATL game, otherwise forget it. Trust me I know, the Texans following outside of Houston is sparsely represented and I don't think ATLs popularity ever got back remotely close to the old Vick days ?

This is true about Atlanta. They are the NFC version of Houston. They did great last year and the media didn't really care. They really have no darling players for the media to yap about.