PDA

View Full Version : Looking at Tampa Bay

TexanSam
11-07-2011, 12:10 AM
I'm already stoked for next week's game so I figured I'd look into what Tampa's done so far.

They have the 26th ranked rushing defense and give up an average of 132 yards per game.

Their passing D is ranked 27th with a 266 yard average. Their 29th overall in terms of yards per game.

Sets up nicely for another big game by both Foster and Tate.

Their offense is nothing special either. Not bad, just average. 15th in total yards. 11th in passing, 24th in rushing. 24th in scoring though. Josh Freeman has taken a step back this season, with only 8 TDs and 10 INTs.

This looks like a favorable matchup for the Texans.

steelbtexan
11-07-2011, 12:15 AM
McCoy got hurt today.

I fully expect Wade to confuse Freeman and the Texans to get another W.

TexanSam
11-07-2011, 12:19 AM
McCoy got hurt today.

I fully expect Wade to confuse Freeman and the Texans to get another W.

I haven't watched any Tampa games or seen Freeman in action but he's 2nd in the league in fewest sacks with only 9. Gonna have to get some pressure on him.

TheRealJoker
11-07-2011, 12:21 AM
Mccoy is out for the year. Tampa on the road is a tough place to play but we have a more talented team. If we run the ball 30+ times we should win!

Texn4life
11-07-2011, 01:16 AM
Tampa is dealing with some major issues right now. They're banged up on offense and defense so we should be able to handle them pretty easily. They have 2 pretty good corners so I wouldn't expect us to light it up on the outside, but I think OD and Dreesen can have big days. Wouldn't be surprised if Foster and Tate matched their numbers today either. We need to go into the bye week on a positive note.

GP
11-07-2011, 01:23 AM
I hate our team having to face a mobile QB.

We just do NOT handle that sort of QB well, with maybe our effort vs. Vick being ALMOST a petty decent effort.

Garrard found ways to shake the pressure and make big runs at all the key times the Jags needed him to.

Vince Young found ways to make us look silly.

I think Bucky Richardson and even a little bit of Bubby Brister could be trouble for us. The point is that we have just not handled mobile QBs very well.

Freeman is the ONLY threat that concerns me. If Wade can gameplan on him, I think we'll be fine. If we neglect him and act like he's not a threat out there...meaning Wade focused on everything BUT Freeman during the week leading up to the game, then we're screwed. But I expect WP to totally find a way to spy Freeman or create situations that trouble Freeman a lot.

I'm borderline excited about a road game for a change!

TheDream34
11-07-2011, 01:29 AM
Tampa is really not that a good team and they took advantage of the easiest schedule in the NFL last year. The one thing tough is that we must play 4 quarters because Tampa is a great second half team.

Ryan
11-07-2011, 03:02 AM
I hate our team having to face a mobile QB.

We just do NOT handle that sort of QB well, with maybe our effort vs. Vick being ALMOST a petty decent effort.

Garrard found ways to shake the pressure and make big runs at all the key times the Jags needed him to.

Vince Young found ways to make us look silly.

I think Bucky Richardson and even a little bit of Bubby Brister could be trouble for us. The point is that we have just not handled mobile QBs very well.

Freeman is the ONLY threat that concerns me. If Wade can gameplan on him, I think we'll be fine. If we neglect him and act like he's not a threat out there...meaning Wade focused on everything BUT Freeman during the week leading up to the game, then we're screwed. But I expect WP to totally find a way to spy Freeman or create situations that trouble Freeman a lot.

I'm borderline excited about a road game for a change!

In Wade I trust.

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss112/prostock101/KoolWade.jpg

All those moments you mentioned were in our past and we've faced a couple of mobile QBs this year and have done fine with them. (Roethlisberger, McCoy, Campbell) Freeman isn't a guy who will tuck and run very often like a Vick or a VY, but he is someone to look out for. He only has 109 yards rushing this season and is averaging 3.9 YPC in those runs. Schaub has as many rushing TDs as Freeman this season. We will have Cushing or DeMeco keeping an eye out on him most of the game, but he is definitely no homerun threat in the running game.

If you're really wanting to see how we do against a QB that can burn you running the ball, take a look at Cam Newton and the Panthers later this year. Even then i still drink the koolaid and will trust Wade Phillips knowing that he will find ways to shake him up.