We know that score isnt right. Does ESPN even get score right ? haha

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/47870/wrap-up-raiders-38-broncos-24

TEBOOoOooooOOOooOoW!!!!!

All he does is win

EllisUnit
11-06-2011, 09:16 PM
TEBOOoOooooOOOooOoW!!!!!

All he does is win

yeah he still had a bad game, i swear he is one of the worst passers in the nfl. Special teams and Willis M won them this game.

brakos82
11-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Whoops, thought someone dug up a :hobie: thread.

paycheck71
11-06-2011, 09:30 PM
We know that score isnt right. Does ESPN even get score right ? haha

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/47870/wrap-up-raiders-38-broncos-24

Yesterday, they had a score update running at the bottom of the screen having Texas Tech beating Texas. I got mad for a second that I missed an epic comeback because I had stopped watching that game when it looked like it was out of hand. Obviously, espn just didn't know what they were doing...

kiwitexansfan
11-06-2011, 10:20 PM
That post has some grammar errors to.

Do websites even employ spell checkers/editors?

BullNation4Life
11-07-2011, 04:23 PM
yeah he still had a bad game, i swear he is one of the worst passers in the nfl. Special teams and Willis M won them this game.

Haters hate....

If this was VY everybody would be hanging from his sack right now...

kid wins, don't matter how pretty or ugly it is, a W is a W...

Special teams and Willis M helped win this game, Tebow also helped with his 2 TDs. that was a team rallying around someone they believe in and they shined...

gtexan02
11-07-2011, 04:57 PM
300 rush yards against the Raiders. Man
Tebow + McGahee are looking like a pretty intense rushing duo

ChampionTexan
11-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Haters hate....

Special teams and Willis M helped win this game, Tebow also helped with his 2 TDs. that was a team rallying around someone they believe in and they shined...

Huh?

You've been around this board long enough to know that because of geography and division ties, if this was VY, the reaction would be far more extreme (primarily negative) than that generated by Tebow.

Tebow and VY have many similarities - Tebow is just more national, whereas VY was mostly a regional thing.

thunderkyss
11-07-2011, 05:12 PM
300 rush yards against the Raiders. Man
Tebow + McGahee are looking like a pretty intense rushing duo

Tebow may not be an NFL QB (other than name that is) & he may never be an NFL QB, but the kid is talented.

He appears to have leadership qualities & that will to win. If you were an NFL offensive coordinator, do you think you could design an offense with the talent you have there to score 20 points?

With that said, I never would have drafted him in the first round, I never would have signed him as a QB, if he truly grades out as bad as they say he does (I don't know, I don't pay attention to that part of the game).

But if I'm "stuck" with him & I don't want to play Orton, I don't want to play Quin... I find a way to win with this guy if I'm going to say he's my starting QB.

If I'm going to bench Orton, & ignore Quin, I'll find a way to put points on the board with this kid, period. If I can't do that, I was not qualified to make the decision to put him on the field.

El Tejano
11-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Haters hate....

Very True.

bah007
11-07-2011, 05:46 PM
How come every time they win it is 100% entirely because of him and every time they lose it is 100% entirely because of him?

Do people actually realize that there are other people on the team?

BullNation4Life
11-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Huh?

You've been around this board long enough to know that because of geography and division ties, if this was VY, the reaction would be far more extreme (primarily negative) than that generated by Tebow.

Tebow and VY have many similarities - Tebow is just more national, whereas VY was mostly a regional thing.

Really? I am quite sure I could find some old posts from years past, from Texans fans, that would state, and I quote" VY may not be able to throw the ball BUT ALL HE DOES IS WIN..."

Oh and VY was National too, remember the Madden cover and write in to the Pro Bowl?

All I am saying is all Tebow wanted was a chance to prove himself. Just like Mario Williams wanted in 06, just like Aaron Rodgers wanted when he went damn near dead last in the first round when he was projected top 5. So why dog a kid that has good morals (that we know of) strong faith and just wants to succeed where so many want him to fail? I mean folks were ready to put Vick back on a pedestal, after serving time in prison for a despicable act, but want to bury Tebow because he has God on his side? WTF?

I am not a Tebow fan, I wish no ill will on the kid and he never played for any of my teams so I have no reason to cheer for him but, the more I read about how everybody is hating on him for stupid reason, the more I find myself hoping he will shut folks up... Nothing like seeing a hater or "realist" as they call themselves nowadays, eat a nice fat crow sandwich...

Makes no damn sense to me and never will...

BullNation4Life
11-08-2011, 11:10 AM
How come every time they win it is 100% entirely because of him and every time they lose it is 100% entirely because of him?

As someone famous once said...

Some men(and women), just want to watch the world burn....

Vinny
11-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Well, add me to the list of people who got Tebow'd. This was my third strike in the survivor league. I should have known better, but I thought the Oakland defense would not fall apart like a tissue and their special teams would not give away the game.

As soon as I saw the last part of that game I started grumbling that I got Tebow'd. All I could do at that moment was to strike the pose.

infantrycak
11-08-2011, 11:23 AM
So why dog a kid that has good morals (that we know of) strong faith and just wants to succeed where so many want him to fail? I mean folks were ready to put Vick back on a pedestal, after serving time in prison for a despicable act, but want to bury Tebow because he has God on his side? WTF?

So people are supposed to ignore his 46.4% completion rate because he is Christian?

Vinny
11-08-2011, 11:41 AM
So people are supposed to ignore his 46.4% completion rate because he is Christian? These are the same people who think the world is 6000 years old though.

Dutchrudder
11-08-2011, 11:42 AM
So people are supposed to ignore his 46.4% completion rate because he is Christian?

But he's the chosen one!

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/142371678-bb2b5f20300f44cba0603eb8b92da548.4c5e9c40-full-300x232.jpg

Meanwhile, about 12 other QBs in the league face similar scrutiny, but Tebow talk gets blown out of proportion.

sakebomb
11-08-2011, 01:57 PM

Signed,

Peyton Manning

Playoffs
11-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Coach Hue is suddenly on thin ice ... benching DHB & Kevin Boss was just stupid, imo.

thunderkyss
11-08-2011, 02:58 PM

I think this is the biggest part of the problem. Some think the only thing people have against Tebow is that he is a Christian.

Where most people don't even consider it. Either he can play, or he can't.

His religious affiliation is secondary.

BullNation4Life
11-08-2011, 04:23 PM

He has only played 6 games and 97 attempts. Besides we all know that stat is overrated. Hell David Carr led the NFL in completion percentage in what 2006 or 07 because he dumped the ball off tot he RB all the time. Question is, is he puttin up W's or L's?

Besides that has nothing to do with being Christian, however other players mocking Tebow about his religion, that has hater written all over it. Don't see other defensive players mocking running backs that kneel after touchdowns when they tackle them for a loss, do you? So why this kid?

BullNation4Life
11-08-2011, 04:29 PM
I think this is the biggest part of the problem. Some think the only thing people have against Tebow is that he is a Christian.

Where most people don't even consider it. Either he can play, or he can't.

His religious affiliation is secondary.

and yet they are mocked in public view. This isn't about his religion, this is about haters hating on someone because he is different. Hell it is a song as old as time, if you are different in this world, if you are not the cookie cutter of what people expect you to be, your an outcast and branded a loser before you are even given the chance to prove yourself.

Tebow does what he has to to win. Did it in college, and has found a little success in the NFL. He is bucking the system because his "mechanics" are not that of Manning, Brady, Rodgers etc so he gets bashed. Kid has heart and a will to want to get better, so how can you dog a kid that is saying, I want to get better and play in this league if it means changing everything I know about throwing a football. It is asinine if you ask me....

Same thing happened to Mario Williams in 06, got ridiculed before he ever stepped onto the field and once he got a couple of years and coaching in him, he is one of the best DE in the game.

Just don't get it sometimes...

infantrycak
11-08-2011, 04:56 PM
He has only played 6 games and 97 attempts. Besides we all know that stat is overrated. Hell David Carr led the NFL in completion percentage in what 2006 or 07 because he dumped the ball off tot he RB all the time.

I love when folks go with the anti-stat attack. It isn't overrated to say 68.3% completions at 6.3 ypa is better than 46.4% completions at 5.5 ypa and none of it has to do with religion. He is also taking way too many sacks. As you point out only 97 attempts and 15 sacks. Schaub has 15 sacks on 277 attempts.

So some players mocked him because he puts his religion out there more than well anyone else in the NFL. Doesn't somehow shield him from criticism on his play which almost got him benched. Criticism which for the most part comes from fellow Christians by the way. Heck, odds are the players who mocked him are Christians.

thunderkyss
11-08-2011, 05:53 PM
and yet they are mocked in public view.

Funny, you'd think a Christian wouldn't expect anything less.

This isn't about his religion, this is about haters hating on someone because he is different. Hell it is a song as old as time, if you are different in this world, if you are not the cookie cutter of what people expect you to be, your an outcast and branded a loser before you are even given the chance to prove yourself.

I'm sorry.

Whatever those mean boys did to you back then, or whatever they are doing to you right now, I'm sorry.

Tebow does what he has to to win. Did it in college, and has found a little success in the NFL. He is bucking the system because his "mechanics" are not that of Manning, Brady, Rodgers etc so he gets bashed. Kid has heart and a will to want to get better, so how can you dog a kid that is saying, I want to get better and play in this league if it means changing everything I know about throwing a football. It is asinine if you ask me....

I want him to win. I'm a fan. I'm not going to make any excuses for him though. He's got talent, he's tough, & he has the will & all the other intangibles. Florida changed their offense so Tebow could be successful & if Tebow was successful, Florida was successful.

If I'm Denver, I'd try to find a way to make Tebow successful. Sporano was able to do it in Miami & shocked the NFL. For a little while. Tebow still has to learn this game (it's not the NCAA hundreds of athletes, winners, aren't able to translate their game to the NFL every year) Tebow has to grow, that offense would have to grow if Tebow is going to be successful.

Because the people who play like Tebow (RBs) don't last much more than 3 years & that isn't going to work for a QB.

Same thing happened to Mario Williams in 06, got ridiculed before he ever stepped onto the field and once he got a couple of years and coaching in him, he is one of the best DE in the game.

Just don't get it sometimes...

And Mario's supporters were saying, "Look at his strength, here & here. Look at the speed he showed there, & there... Watch how he sets the edge on this play, or against that team. The kids got talent, no doubt about it, but he's got to learn how to play at this level."

They didn't cry, "He's a nice guy & a Christian."

bah007
11-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Signed,

Peyton Manning

That name has no place in a thread about Tebow, no matter how much you like the kid.

mariowillshine15
11-08-2011, 07:34 PM
I was watching NFL Live last night with Tim Hasselbeck and Merril Hoge.

They were naming their players of the week and Tim went with Tebow. Hoge afterwards said "Picking a kicker would've been better."

Hoge has been Tebows biggest critic and it isnt even from an analytic standpoint just plain hating on him.

I brought this up because I just don't understand why people seem to want him to fail.

Will he ever be a good QB? Who knows he has alot of work to make that happen.

But no one should be rooting against him.

BullNation4Life
11-09-2011, 08:44 AM
I love when folks go with the anti-stat attack. It isn't overrated to say 68.3% completions at 6.3 ypa is better than 46.4% completions at 5.5 ypa and none of it has to do with religion. He is also taking way too many sacks. As you point out only 97 attempts and 15 sacks. Schaub has 15 sacks on 277 attempts.

So some players mocked him because he puts his religion out there more than well anyone else in the NFL. Doesn't somehow shield him from criticism on his play which almost got him benched. Criticism which for the most part comes from fellow Christians by the way. Heck, odds are the players who mocked him are Christians.

And that is plain sad. And again, so see those same "Christians" mocking other players who show their religion publicly? Again why this kid?

I understand the stat, problem is, Tebow hasn't had enough attempts to accurately support that stat. I'd be curious to know what other QBs completion percentage was 6 games into their career. I know Tebow has had more starts but this is the first legit chance he has had as a starter.

gtexan02
11-09-2011, 09:33 AM
Heres what bothers me regarding Tebow and his religion:

In the NFL, every player has the ability to control his own destiny (so to speak) with regards to their image. Football, unlike baseball or basketball, allows players the ability to remain somewhat anonymous. Under all that padding it can be difficult to differentiate players.

Tebow has chosen to be known for his religion. Religious imagery on his face in college, religious commercials, religious poses, etc. Thats what he has chosen.

There are many, many, many other players who are just as and probably more religious than Tebow. Troy Polamalu, for example, prays before every game and after every big play. Publically. But because he isn't "in your face" about it, no one even mentions it.

Remember David Robinson? He was an ordained minister. No one ever gave him grief about it.

I'd be shocked if there was an anti-Christian sentiment in the NFL. I'd wager that the vast, vast majority of NFL fans are Christians. Its just when someone chooses to use it the way Tebow does, people start to wonder whether he's doing it on purpose for the reaction.

Dutchrudder
11-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Tebow puts himself out there and is just asking to be crucified by the media.

gtexan02
11-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Tebow puts himself out there and is just asking to be crucified by the media.

http://images.memegenerator.net/images/160x/19494.jpg

BullNation4Life
11-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Heres what bothers me regarding Tebow and his religion:

In the NFL, every player has the ability to control his own destiny (so to speak) with regards to their image. Football, unlike baseball or basketball, allows players the ability to remain somewhat anonymous. Under all that padding it can be difficult to differentiate players.

Tebow has chosen to be known for his religion. Religious imagery on his face in college, religious commercials, religious poses, etc. Thats what he has chosen.

There are many, many, many other players who are just as and probably more religious than Tebow. Troy Polamalu, for example, prays before every game and after every big play. Publically. But because he isn't "in your face" about it, no one even mentions it.

Remember David Robinson? He was an ordained minister. No one ever gave him grief about it.

I'd be shocked if there was an anti-Christian sentiment in the NFL. I'd wager that the vast, vast majority of NFL fans are Christians. Its just when someone chooses to use it the way Tebow does, people start to wonder whether he's doing it on purpose for the reaction.

Now wait I recall Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders being very "out there" in the media about their religious beliefs, thanking their savior Jesus Christ first and foremost before an interview. If ANYBODY should have wondered if a player was using religion for purpose of reaction, it would have been Michael Irvin, yet I never heard any kind of backlash. Reggie White back in the day, a preacher no less, and making sure everybody knew he was a man of God, yet never once saw a player mock him after a play, nor Sanders nor Irvin. I have seen religious commercials from them as well.

So again, why is it ok for those players to express their belief but this kid gets it handed to him?

infantrycak
11-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Now wait I recall Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders being very "out there" in the media about their religious beliefs, thanking their savior Jesus Christ first and foremost before an interview. If ANYBODY should have wondered if a player was using religion for purpose of reaction, it would have been Michael Irvin, yet I never heard any kind of backlash. Reggie White back in the day, a preacher no less, and making sure everybody knew he was a man of God, yet never once saw a player mock him after a play, nor Sanders nor Irvin. I have seen religious commercials from them as well.

So again, why is it ok for those players to express their belief but this kid gets it handed to him?

Michael Irwin = hall of famer
Reggie White = hall of famer
Deion Sanders = hall of famer

Tim Tebow = may be about to get benched

You really can't see that the difference is quality of play?

And PS - none of the guys you mentioned made religion as much of their in game performance.

BullNation4Life
11-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Michael Irwin = hall of famer
Reggie White = hall of famer
Deion Sanders = hall of famer

Tim Tebow = may be about to get benched

You really can't see that the difference is quality of play?

And PS - none of the guys you mentioned made religion as much of their in game performance.

So basically it's a double standard. Never mind that Tebow is now getting the chance to show if he can be an NFL QB, he isn't an instant Hall of Famer so that is ok to make fun of his religious belief on national TV. Hmmm oook?

PSS, I totally disagree, Everyone of those guys mentioned made religion as much as their game performance. Have you not ever heard them on those behind the NFL clips. Reggie White would shout at the O-line " THE WARRIOR OF GOD IS COMING FOR YOU" They absolutely made it apart of their game performance, do they not give all credit to God and Jesus after their performance?

Tebow does it after a win and is mocked the next week? But I guess that comes with not being an instant Hall of Fame player...

infantrycak
11-09-2011, 02:35 PM
So basically it's a double standard. Never mind that Tebow is now getting the chance to show if he can be an NFL QB, he isn't an instant Hall of Famer so that is ok to make fun of his religious belief on national TV. Hmmm oook?

No the point is all you are looking at is his religion. His play sucks so far. You are perceiving his criticism comes from his religion rather than just sucking. Blaine Gabbert is getting plenty of negative press as well. Getting more comes with winning the Heisman AND with being a running QB.

PSS, I totally disagree, Everyone of those guys mentioned made religion as much as their game performance. Have you not ever heard them on those behind the NFL clips. Reggie White would shout at the O-line " THE WARRIOR OF GOD IS COMING FOR YOU" They absolutely made it apart of their game performance, do they not give all credit to God and Jesus after their performance?

I won't claim to know everything White did but I grew up a Cowboys fan and Deion and Michael did nothing even close to what Tebow does.

Lot's of players come down and pray in the south end zone after warm ups before each games. Haven't seen any negative feedback on them.

Tebow does it after a win and is mocked the next week? But I guess that comes with not being an instant Hall of Fame player...

It isn't just after a win and it isn't just now. He has made a very public statement for years as mentioned with his eye tape, etc. Dude has put it out there more than anyone. I don't care. More power to Tebow. My only point is it doesn't shield you from criticism and he deserves criticism for his play. Having said that, yes in a country of 300 mil people I am sure there are some who view his expression of his religion as over the top. There are jerks in any large crowd. But at the end of the day, so far he isn't performing on the field as a starting NFL QB.

The Pencil Neck
11-10-2011, 07:34 PM
What surprises me about Tebow is how many players hate him. How many ex-players (especially QBs) hate him.

I thought Kordell Stewart was going to have an aneurism talking about Tebow. He said that Tebow was a slap in the face to QBs like him. I thought that was strange because I thought Tebow WAS Kordell Stewart.

Personally, I don't care if Tebow is successful or fails. Coming out of college, I didn't think he had what it took to be a QB and I definitely didn't think he was worth a first round draft choice.

On the religion side (and I'm not a Christian): I think most NFL players are Christian and I think quite a few of them are very devout about it. But what separates Tebow from them to me is that his devoutness looks smug and smarmy and holier-than-thou. He's over-the-top with his religious displays and how he chooses to show he's religious.

Those are the religious people I always suspect of faking it. I think a lot of people feel the same way and are very turned off by that.

But I could be wrong.