PDA

View Full Version : According to ESPN writer:

XI CMURDER IX
11-04-2011, 11:09 AM
There is six other receivers better than Andre Johnson.

Calving Johnson
Greg Jennings
Mike Wallace
Steve Smith
Hakeem Nicks
Wes Welker

Welker remains one spot up on Andre Johnson. The Texans receiver is a little like McFadden, in my eyes; I think he'll play this week, and when he plays he should be mighty good, but it's not a given he plays every week.

I don't have a problem with the list, as long as we are talking about stats this year, but he doesn't specify on that. The last part though I kind of question. He has had a significant injury the past two years, and missed some playing time. However, I can't remember him ever missing a game over something little.

Texn4life
11-04-2011, 11:15 AM
There is six other receivers better than Andre Johnson.

Calving Johnson
Greg Jennings
Mike Wallace
Steve Smith
Hakeem Nicks
Wes Welker

I don't have a problem with the list, as long as we are talking about stats this year, but he doesn't specify on that. The last part though I kind of question. He has had a significant injury the past two years, and missed some playing time. However, I can't remember him ever missing a game over something little.

What ***** writer compared him to McFadden?!?! Andre has made history where McFadden is just now trying to break through in the league. If you want to knock him for the last couple of years then fine, but Andre played through injury all year last year before the team decided to shut him down. It wasn't his decision to sit out. I just don't see the comparison there.

HTown2ATX
11-04-2011, 11:22 AM
:lol:

:shakeweight:

Dutchrudder
11-04-2011, 11:38 AM
No Fitz? Just cause Kolb is crap doesn't mean Fitz isn't a great WR.

Also, Mike Wallace? Really? He catches like 2 balls a game, and 1 of them is usually for 80 yards after beating some coverage. He's not that special as a complete WR, just a burner. Would gladly take every other receiver on that list over him.

nero THE zero
11-04-2011, 11:50 AM

Also, Mike Wallace? Really? He catches like 2 balls a game, and 1 of them is usually for 80 yards after beating some coverage. He's not that special as a complete WR, just a burner. Would gladly take every other receiver on that list over him.

Aside from Johnson and Nicks the entire list is smallish WR who make a living on their speed.

The writer obviously has a preference.

Shaft75
11-04-2011, 11:52 AM
Is this a fantasy football list?

Showtime100
11-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Link please?

Kthx
11-04-2011, 11:56 AM

Wallace is what JJ is supposed to be, I would take Wallace if we had a healthy Andre to go along side him and cut JJ next season.

TheRealJoker
11-04-2011, 12:07 PM
Aside from Johnson and Nicks the entire list is smallish WR who make a living on their speed.

The writer obviously has a preference.

Megatron is tiny?

Texn4life
11-04-2011, 12:09 PM
Megatron is tiny?

Megatron's last name is Johnson...... I think that's who he's talking about.

Dutchrudder
11-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Wallace is what JJ is supposed to be, I would take Wallace if we had a healthy Andre to go along side him and cut JJ next season.

Well duh, I would like to have him on the team. I'm saying he's not as valuable as other WRs listed. His game is easily shut down with good pressure on Big Ben, which is what happened when he played us.

Rey
11-04-2011, 12:12 PM
Is this another fantasy list?

XI CMURDER IX
11-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Is this a fantasy football list?

It says in the article that this is both a fantasy list and a list that he would go by in the game itself. I think he is leaning more towards the fantasy list though. It is hard to tell because all he does is just list the top QBs, RBs, WRs, and so on. I sure hope this is a fantasy list though. The only thing that makes me doubt that is AJ being 7 on the fantasy list doesn't make sense right now, since he has been injured. It is kind of like he wants it to be a fantasy list, but then says that it could be used for the real game.

Link please?

It is an ESPN Insider article.

Is this another fantasy list?

See my first response.

jtexas
11-04-2011, 12:29 PM
It's an opinion list. This isn't based on historical production or comparing player skills, its based on what offense and receiver are hot through week 8. Andre can't be while on the bench.

Hardcore Texan
11-04-2011, 12:43 PM
I don't really consider AJ injury prone and totally disagree with the McFadden comparison.

AJ's injury history off the top of my head.
2011: current problem
2010: high ankle sprain, played through it mostly while the team was in contention. I don't recall him missing any games?
2007 or so?: When he tore his PCL or MCL and missed 4-6 weeks.

I am missing more injuries?

I'd consider the one in 07 signficant along with the one this season.

TheMatrix31
11-04-2011, 01:41 PM
This is what makes sports fans STUPID.

The general public sees lists like this and thinks "oh, well, this has gotta be true, I mean a guy on ESPN is saying it!" so they believe it too.

And that's how stupidity spreads.

Yankee_In_TX
11-04-2011, 01:50 PM

...and prior to this year when was the last time Steve Smith had good stats? Lame list in general (not just because of Dre).

Not being able to read the article - if this is a week 9 receiver list, I can't disagree. If it is season or in general, I heartily disagree.

nero THE zero
11-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Megatron's last name is Johnson...... I think that's who he's talking about.

He is the only person on the list with the last name Johnson.

Corrosion
11-04-2011, 04:57 PM
My top 5 WR's in the NFL -

Calvin Johnson
Andre Johnson
Wes Welker
Steve Smith
Larry Fitz

Its this group .... then everybody else in no specific order.

Double Barrel
11-04-2011, 05:02 PM
'eh, AJ's peers voted him tops for the NFLN's Top 100 show. I'd take their collective opinions over unnamed ESPN writer.

http://hbfs.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/the-stupid-it-burns-small.jpg?w=300&h=341