PDA

View Full Version : Philips Best assistant of first half.

EllisUnit
11-03-2011, 09:31 PM
This is very true IMO. Our offense has been a Time of Possession machine, and this has kept the Defense fresh. And Allows them to give up LESS yards. I love this statment in bold by Philips.

“I think a lot of it’s certainly our offense controlling the ball helps us play good defense,” he said in comments distributed by the team. “We play great defense when we’re watching on the sideline. That’s part of it and I think we’ve played well. We’re starting to improve. Our expectations are always high. All our goals this year were to be in the top 10 in everything. I didn’t think they were unrealistic and maybe they’re not…”

Full story here http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth

HJam72
11-04-2011, 12:03 AM
Wade is the most geniousest coordinating defenser we had ever (seriouserly), but ain't no commentingator...

That's OK. We Win. His short comments are right on.

BlueSteel
11-04-2011, 06:24 AM
Wade is the most geniousest coordinating defenser we had ever (seriouserly), but ain't no commentingator...

That's OK. We Win. His short comments are right on.

He is indeed the most geniousest. :)

Thorn
11-04-2011, 07:41 AM
Without Wade, I suspect this team would be stuck in the same hole it's been in the last five years. How many times have all of us here said if we had a real NFL defense to go with the offense we could make the playoffs?

The defense goes from last to top ten in one year and we have a shot at the playoffs. We were right folks.

Imatexanfan
11-04-2011, 07:58 AM
The fact is we did this with a gimpy DRyans, MW out for the season and KJack starting CB spot...basically the same as last year but switched the scheme with the same personnel...

TejasTom
11-04-2011, 08:16 AM
I thought TexansTalk members were the best assistant coach of the first half.

EllisUnit
11-04-2011, 08:29 AM

:bravo:

TimeKiller
11-04-2011, 08:41 AM
How about Vance Joseph? The DBs have been nothing short of a miracle. What's different about the line up right now? JoJo, but with Manning hurt? It's KJ/Allen, Quin and Nolan. Same jam but with his coaching? They're making plays and not giving plays up at an alarming rate.

How about Reggie Herring? The LBs have been STRONG this year. Mario was dominate, Cushing IS dominate, Reed and Barwin are both making plays as young players...Ryans is playing janitor pretty well, cleaning up the few runs getting by Cush.

How about the DL guy,I can't remember his name but Smith crashed a lot of parties to begin with, Cody is still hustlin and JJ Watt looks pretty good in his initial playing time. Bill Kollar.

Rey
11-04-2011, 09:27 AM
I think Wade is doing what TK has talked about since last year...

He's letting the guys play how they want to play...aggressive.

Frank Bush said he had an attacking defense but he really didn't...He was a read and react guy in wolves clothing.

Most of our defensive guys seem to be more comfortable playing downhill rather than reacting to what the offense is doing. This year instead of being cautious we are attacking offenses and making them adjust to us.

EllisUnit
11-04-2011, 09:36 AM
A lot of it has to do with confidence as well. You can see a kind of swagger in the D that just wasnt there last season.

BigBull17
11-04-2011, 10:51 AM
How about Vance Joseph? The DBs have been nothing short of a miracle. What's different about the line up right now? JoJo, but with Manning hurt? It's KJ/Allen, Quin and Nolan. Same jam but with his coaching? They're making plays and not giving plays up at an alarming rate.

How about Reggie Herring? The LBs have been STRONG this year. Mario was dominate, Cushing IS dominate, Reed and Barwin are both making plays as young players...Ryans is playing janitor pretty well, cleaning up the few runs getting by Cush.

How about the DL guy,I can't remember his name but Smith crashed a lot of parties to begin with, Cody is still hustlin and JJ Watt looks pretty good in his initial playing time. Bill Kollar.

Well, when you teach guys proper technique they actually look good. Shocking. When you have a real scheme that makes people read and TRY to figure out what you are doing, it makes it hard.

Texaninlild
11-04-2011, 11:02 AM
A lot of it has to do with confidence as well. You can see a kind of swagger in the D that just wasnt there last season.

You can see it on every play. I expect them to get a sack, tackle for loss, or at least put a lick on someone. They look like they want to kick the other team's teeth in. It is a nice change. :pissed:

The Pencil Neck
11-04-2011, 09:49 PM

Just a grammar Nazi thing but...

Mario dominated or he was dominant. Cushing dominates or he is dominant. He was "dominate" or he is "dominate" doesn't actually make any sense.

Sorry. Just a pet peeve of mine.

Lucky
11-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Are you trying to debacle this thread?

The Pencil Neck
11-04-2011, 10:17 PM

As a Certified Grammar Nazi, the debacleness of threads are my life.

Señor Stan
11-05-2011, 10:33 AM

It's a mute point.

Señor Stan
11-05-2011, 10:34 AM

ahem...General Managers.

DocBar
11-05-2011, 10:56 AM
As a Certified Grammar Nazi, the debacleness of threads are my life.Keep this up and you'll loose your
certificatedness. :barman:

The Pencil Neck
11-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Keep this up and you'll loose your
certificatedness. :barman:

Muphry's Law. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muphry%27s_law)

:bender:

ObsiWan
11-05-2011, 12:24 PM

Deliciously tacky and quite amusing
I like it.
:)

ObsiWan
11-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Just a grammar Nazi thing but...

Mario dominated or he was dominant. Cushing dominates or he is dominant. He was "dominate" or he is "dominate" doesn't actually make any sense.

You were an English teacher in a previous life, weren't you?
:truck:

The Pencil Neck
11-05-2011, 01:11 PM
You were an English teacher in a previous life, weren't you?
:truck:

I'm a novelist in my spare time.

HJam72
11-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Mostly the hole teem dominant because they are dynomite. :spin:

76Texan
11-07-2011, 01:29 PM
I'm a novelist in my spare time.

For real?

What genre?

HJam72
11-09-2011, 06:45 PM
For real?

What genre?

Pencil.

BigBull17
11-10-2011, 10:16 AM
You know who else deserves alot of credit? Rod Chudzinzki, OC Panthers. He has done a GREAT job of utilizing Cam's strengths and hiding some weaknesses.

Dutchrudder
11-10-2011, 10:33 AM
He's also the best Head-Coach-in-Waiting in the NFL!

:kitten: