PDA

View Full Version : Jason LaCanfora tweet regarding Optimus Prime aka #80

ThaShark316
11-03-2011, 03:42 PM
JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
Signs continue to point to Andre Johnson being active for the Texans this weekend. Barring a setback that's the plan.

Don't tease a brother like this, man.

DX-TEX
11-03-2011, 03:43 PM
I give a 42.7% chance of this being accurate.

Double Barrel
11-03-2011, 03:44 PM
I will believe it when I see it. I still think his return will be after the bye week.

Hardcore Texan
11-03-2011, 03:47 PM
I hope he is not out there. Don't get me wrong, I am dying to see him play football, I just don't want him rushed back.

EllisUnit
11-03-2011, 03:50 PM
I hope he is not out there. Don't get me wrong, I am dying to see him play football, I just don't want him rushed back.

Well if he does go out there it will be because he knows he's ready, not because the coaches are rushing him back. so i will be a ease a little.

Rey
I think he will play...

ThaShark316
Agreed with the majority here.

I want him back healthy.

Dutchrudder
11-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Yeah, let the Browns gameplan for Andre, which will free up the run game for Foster... Even when AJ's out, he's still feared.

badboy
11-03-2011, 03:52 PM
If activated I hope he remains on sidelines until absolutely needed to win. Give him all time he needs.

Kthx
11-03-2011, 03:53 PM
I would say suit him up and let him play the second half of the game if he needs to as long as he is feeling no pain at all. Even without the explosiveness at 100% it would open up the field for our other receivers and open up the box for Foster/Tate a tad. I would say be on the safe side and let him come back after the bye though, we will need him for the playoffs more than we will need him for non-division games.

Gah, previous posters beat me to it.

Vinny
11-03-2011, 03:54 PM
based on what? the propaganda of the talking comrade heads? hope? A nice guess? I hope they don't eff up his injury by bringing him back too soon.

fiasco west
11-03-2011, 03:59 PM
Not sure what signs he's talking about. He's missed practice for two days. Although I know Andre's been with the team forever and could miss a week of practice and still go but still, him missing practice and Kubes saying it'll be a game time decision makes me think he's out for another week.

TheDream34
11-03-2011, 04:29 PM
It would be nice to have Andre back considering Cleveland has the number 2 ranked pass defense.

steelbtexan
11-03-2011, 04:35 PM
See my post in the other Andre thread.

If he plays it would be the worst decision of Garys tenure and that takes some real ignorace to be the worst.

Kthx
11-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Yeah but they have played so far:

SF - Smith ranked 31st in Passing O
Seattle - Jackson ranked 26th in Passing O
Oakland - Campbell ranked 25th in Passing O
Tennessee - Hasselbeck ranked 14th in Passing O
Miami - Henne ranked 27th in Passing O
Colts - Collins ranked 19th in Passing 0
Cinci - Gradkowski ranked 22nd in Passing O

They are playing really really bad passing teams, so those numbers are a bit skewed.

Texas T
11-03-2011, 05:03 PM
See my post in the other Andre thread.

If he plays it would be the worst decision of Garys tenure and that takes some real ignorace to be the worst.

If 'Dre plays it's because HE feels like HE'S ready.

So, if he's out there I'm sure it will be good. That being said I don't expect him to play and, I'm okay with that.

Pantherstang84
11-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Let me see if I understand...

1. AJ works out on Monday.
2. Shows up Wednesday gimpy. Does not practice.
3. Shows up today. Does not practice. Works with trainers.
4. La Canfora tweets AJ will probably play on Sunday.

Let's play the old Sesame Street game...

One of these things is not like the others. One of these things just isn't the same...

Playoffs
11-03-2011, 06:20 PM
tweet regarding Optimus Prime aka #80.
Let's not saddle Andre with any Deion Sanders sounding nicknames.

ObsiWan
11-03-2011, 07:13 PM

I happen to like the Optimus Prime nick.
:foottap:

Texan_Bill
11-03-2011, 07:32 PM
Signs continue to point to Andre Johnson being active for the Texans this weekend. Barring a setback that's the plan.

Totally against it. Sit 'em.

headsplint
11-03-2011, 07:41 PM

Yeah...where did the nick come from? With CJ in Detroit having the Megatron nickname, this is just a dumb afterthought, and kinda sad.

Kthx
11-03-2011, 07:43 PM
That is part of the joke, Optimus Prime is a bit higher in rank and general badassery than Megatron is. It's just saying hes better as a player.

kcdoubleeagle
11-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Count me as a vote firmly against that nickname. Thanks!:fingergun:

headsplint
11-03-2011, 07:54 PM
That is part of the joke, Optimus Prime is a bit higher in rank and general badassery than Megatron is. It's just saying hes better as a player.

I love AJ, but Calvin Johnson is in beast mode. I would hold off on the one uppance...

Texan_Bill
11-03-2011, 08:01 PM
I love AJ, but Calvin Johnson is in beast mode. I would hold off on the one uppance...

Dre aka Optimus Prime is still > than CJ aka Megatron!!

Cortland Innegan's ass-whoopin' is proof!

TexanSam
11-03-2011, 08:02 PM

Yep. Nothing wrong with having the 2nd best WR in football. Calvin Johnson has surpassed him this year. Dude is just sick.

headsplint
11-03-2011, 08:04 PM

Never a doubt he delivers a mean beat down, but you can't deny fact. Well you can, but you would be wrong. I do understand wanting him to be better, he just hasn't been.

Texan_Bill
11-03-2011, 08:06 PM
Never a doubt he delivers a mean beat down, but you can't deny fact. Well you can, but you would be wrong. I do understand wanting him to be better, he just hasn't been.

BS... He aka Dre had a few years with HWSNBN!!! /Argument

IBleedTexans
11-03-2011, 08:14 PM

Rep!!!!! There's no way you could compare having , David Carr to Mathew Stafford. CJ is being spoiled right now

thunderkyss
11-03-2011, 08:22 PM
If it is even possible that we may need Andre for the Tampa Bay game i'd like to see him on the field Sunday so he can see what its like in a real game situation. A couple of decoy routes a quarter, not really pushing it & see how it goes. If there's anything unusual; tugging, thightening, swelling, pain... then he won't play @Tampa.

If he's good, then we'll push him @Tampa & see how far we can go.

EllisUnit
11-03-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm sorry but I would take AJ over CJ anyday of the week. You look at what AJ has done in his career, with the talent he had around him for so many years. A Healthy AJ can still easily lead the league in receiving yards.

Texan_Bill
11-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Rep!!!!! There's no way you could compare having , David Carr to Mathew Stafford. CJ is being spoiled right now

Neg. Rep.... You said HWSNBN's name!! :D

headsplint
11-04-2011, 06:35 AM

I agree over the course of their careers, I would easily go with AJ. I'm just talking as of late.

Regardless, the nickname sucks.

Texn4life
11-04-2011, 06:43 AM
I agree over the course of their careers, I would easily go with AJ. I'm just talking as of late.

It does suck..... Why would we want to make a spin-off of Calvin Johnson's nickname when Andre is the original? We can do much better than that.

Imatexanfan
11-04-2011, 06:50 AM
I don't understand risking him playing like this, wait till after the bye week when we play the 2nd half of our AFC South foes and go from there...too much of a risk, just like when Kubes thought Foster was ready earlier this season...:kubepalm:

Thorn
11-04-2011, 07:01 AM
Hold the AJ, mayo on 5 please.

Blake
11-04-2011, 07:10 AM

It must be so easy to have a job like this. What is he even basing this off of? Kubiak? AJ's waiter last night?

Script 1: All signs point to AJ being active barring setback.

Script 2: All signs point to AJ being inactive barring any changes.

Blake
11-04-2011, 07:12 AM
I give a 42.7% chance of this being accurate.

67% of all statistics are made up.

thunderkyss
11-04-2011, 07:14 AM

Which is why it doesn't bother me that they are saying CJ is the best right now.

AJ was "named" the best receiver in the league when Ocho Cinco, Larry Fitzgerald, & Randy Moss was in the league & doing their thing. Each of those guys have had single seasons that were better than Andre's. But over the course of his career, Andre is clearly the best.

Cj may have a better season & might be the "best" receiver this year but he has yet to put up a career that matches Andre's, so we'll see.

thunderkyss
11-04-2011, 07:15 AM
I don't understand risking him playing like this, wait till after the bye week when we play the 2nd half of our AFC South foes and go from there...too much of a risk, just like when Kubes thought Foster was ready earlier this season...:kubepalm:

What's the risk?

This isn't a regular "hamstring" injury, there is nothing to "reaggravate" the tendon was completely cut, not reattached. It's not like he can tear it again.

TimeKiller
11-04-2011, 07:44 AM
Um....

"Rainmaker"

Thanks.

steelbtexan
11-04-2011, 09:00 AM

Last yr CJ had Shaun Hill/Drew Stafford for about 13 games. Ewww.....

Love AJ, I just hope he takes his time and recovers fully in time for the playoffs.

HOU-TEX
11-04-2011, 09:19 AM
I love me some AJ!

BUT, CJ has had 3 of his 5 season's with double digit TDs. Two of those season's were without Stafford. AJ has had 0 double digit TD seasons in 9 years.

AJ has him beat in average receptions and yards, but what get's players into the HOF? TDs, yards and W's.

In the end, they're both freaks athletically and I wouldn't ***** if I had either. However, CJ will likely have to better career at the rate things are going.

CloakNNNdagger
11-04-2011, 10:17 AM
What's the risk?

This isn't a regular "hamstring" injury, there is nothing to "reaggravate" the tendon was completely cut, not reattached. It's not like he can tear it again.

If the released semitendinosus muscle which is located between the other 2 hamstring muscles, is not completely healed, it can affect the function and "coordination" of these other 2 muscles........and injury can occur to them. Furthermore, any compensation by other muscles and/or joints for the functional abnormalities that it may cause can result in injury to those other muscles and/or joints. Adequate healing is important no matter what surgical procedure was performed.

BIG TORO
11-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Kubiak reporting he will be out sunday against the Browns.

Source was the official Texans Tweeter.

ThaShark316
11-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Dre is out. Thread done.

GP
11-04-2011, 12:59 PM
I saw NFLN last night when Canfora was on a video chat saying to the NFLN audience that Dre was playing Sunday "barring a setback."

I literally chuckled out loud when he said that.

Double Barrel
11-04-2011, 04:31 PM

http://www.sonicvoodoo.com/knock-knock-pee.gif

headsplint
11-04-2011, 06:51 PM
http://www.sonicvoodoo.com/knock-knock-pee.gif

Irrelevant. I was talking about game ability. But thanks for trying.

CloakNNNdagger
11-04-2011, 06:54 PM
What's the risk?

If the released semitendinosus muscle which is located between the other 2 hamstring muscles, is not completely healed, it can affect the function and "coordination" of these other 2 muscles........and injury can occur to them. Furthermore, any compensation by other muscles and/or joints for the functional abnormalities that it may cause can result in injury to those other muscles and/or joints. Adequate healing is important no matter what surgical procedure was performed.

From ESPN:

SETBACK: Andre Johnson to remain sidelined (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7189726/andre-johnson-houston-texans-ruled-sunday-vs-cleveland-browns)

HOUSTON -- Houston Texans star receiver Andre Johnson will sit out Sunday's game against Cleveland as he continues to nurse a right hamstring injury.

Johnson, who will miss his fifth straight game, was injured in the Texans' 17-10 win over Pittsburgh in Week 4. He developed soreness after a hard workout on Monday that raised concern.

"We kind of had a little setback," Johnson said.

Johnson sat out practice all this week, though he stretched and ran on a separate field Friday. Houston coach Gary Kubiak said Johnson is "very close," but added, "Obviously, he's not ready to go yet."

Johnson met with doctors and plans to test the injury in another workout next Monday.

"Just have to keep working hard and stay positive," Johnson said. "At the same time, even though I was sore for a few days, I still think we're headed in the right direction."

The Texans (5-3) are 2-2 without Johnson this season. Kubiak would not speculate on Johnson's availability for the Texans' game at Tampa Bay on Nov. 13.

Johnson acknowledged that he expected to be fully healed by now. He underwent a minor procedure after he was hurt, and was back at practice last week leading up to Sunday's victory over Jacksonville.

"Just like everybody else, I wish this process would be a lot faster than what it's been," he said.

He was relieved that the "setback" occurred on Monday, rather than later in the week.

"If it wouldn't have happened Monday, then it probably could've happened on Wednesday in practice," Johnson said. "Eventually, I was going to find out, whether it was Monday or Wednesday or whenever I ran. It happened on Monday. I sat down for a few days and just did all the treatment. I didn't start back running until (Friday), and the day went pretty good.

"We're just going to keep working, and hopefully, it'll get better sooner than later."

Johnson, a five-time Pro Bowl selection, was Houston's leading receiver through the first four games, with 25 catches for 352 yards and two touchdowns. He wants to be careful now not to return to action too soon.

"If I can't go out and be myself, then there's no reason for me to be out there," Johnson said. "It doesn't help the team. This isn't about me, this is about the team. If I can't go out and help the team, then I'm not going to be out on the field."

The Texans have their bye week after playing the Buccaneers in Week 10. Johnson says he has no target date in mind for his return.

"At first, I just felt like I'd just miss a couple of games and I'd be back out there," he said. "It just all depends on how your body responds. Right now, I really can't set a date."

Brisco_County
11-04-2011, 08:42 PM

Do you think the team's medical staff is aware of this? It seems that if they were, they wouldn't have mentioned a four week timeframe from the beginning.

CloakNNNdagger
11-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Do you think the team's medical staff is aware of this? It seems that if they were, they wouldn't have mentioned a four week timeframe from the beginning.

I'm sorry, Brisco. But I can't explain where the original 3 week time frame came from, in that this time frame would equate to only a moderate muscle strain, and the limited literature on this type of surgery would lead one to conclude a very much longer reasonable length of time. Fans have come to see AJ as somewhat of a "Superman." And it appears that the coaching and medical staff have tried to treat him as such when it comes to injuries. However, if you carefully think about the course of his past injuries, there have been consistent miscalculations as to when he would return. And when he did return early for the type of injury he sustained, it was evident that his performance was compromised. That's because, in our eyes he may be a "Superman," but in the big picture, the body needs adequate TIME to recover and this is usually still determined solely by a HUMAN TIME CLOCK.

thunderkyss
11-05-2011, 08:56 AM
didn't Andre have 2 procedures?

One with the cleaning of the scar tissue & the enriched blood

Then a second where they found that wasn't working & went ahead & completely cut the tendon ?

I thought the original 3 weeks was in response to the first procedure.

CloakNNNdagger
11-05-2011, 10:07 AM
didn't Andre have 2 procedures?

One with the cleaning of the scar tissue & the enriched blood

Then a second where they found that wasn't working & went ahead & completely cut the tendon ?

I thought the original 3 weeks was in response to the first procedure.

After initial reports of the platelet enriched plasma injections having been performed, it was later found not to have been part of the treatment in this particular injury of his (it was, as you may remember, in his past high ankle sprain). It would have had no effect on the original prognosis presented.

ObsiWan
11-05-2011, 11:37 AM
It does suck..... Why would we want to make a spin-off of Calvin Johnson's nickname when Andre is the original? We can do much better than that.

I'm listening. What's your suggestion..?