PDA

View Full Version : SI playoff prediction/projection

HTown2ATX
11-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Just got the latest SI in the mail, flipping through it at 2nd job.

To the point;

AFC (seeding);
1-Steelers
2-Patriots
3-Texans "A healthy Arian Foster and a fiesty defense under Wade Phillips will push Houston into its first playoffs. (Assist to the injured Peyton Manning)"

So....thanks for the backhanded compliment.

4-Charges
5-Ravens
6-Bills

In the Wild Card round it predicts Bills defeat Houston; Ravens defeat Chargers.

It then predicts the Patriots beat the Packers in the Super Bowl 31-27.

:thinking:

:tiphat:

Lurvinator11
11-02-2011, 07:18 PM
I dont think we lose to the bills at home.

Bold prediction though going with the pats over the pack.

Wonder if they got a tattoo of the super bowl 46 champion patriots? :kitten:

TheDream34
11-02-2011, 07:32 PM
I don't know, I still don't think the bills are legit. Improved, yes certainly, but a playoff team, not yet.

jradMIT
11-02-2011, 07:48 PM
I don't know if the bills are legit either, but I am also very skeptical of the Patriots. If it weren't for the Tom Brady-Bellichick mystique, people might realize they are last in the league in defense, dead last. They have Molden getting meaningful PT for Christsakes. On top of it they really can't run the ball or get to the passer. Pittsburg I think has found the gameplan for beating them clog up the middle of the field and force them to go to their wide receivers other than Welker.

ThaShark316
11-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Sorry, but if we saw BUF in round 1, we'd beat them senseless.

TexansFanatic
11-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Buffalo's not legit?

Beat the crap out of KC
Beat Oakland (Texans lost to them, by the way)
Beat New England
Beat the Eagles
Blanked the Skins

That's at least as solid of a record as the Texans.

DX-TEX
11-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Buffalo's not legit?

Beat the crap out of KC
Beat New England
Beat the Eagles
Blanked the Skins

That means jack squat this season.

ThaJokaa
11-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Buffalo's not legit?

Beat the crap out of KC
Beat New England
Beat the Eagles
Blanked the Skins

Come back after they play a good Defense

TexansFanatic
11-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Awful lot of fan swagger in this thread.

House of Pain
11-02-2011, 09:14 PM

I don't know about you, but I think it's a welcome breath of fresh air

Lucky
11-02-2011, 09:27 PM
This is the 9th week in franchise history that the Texans have stood 2 games over .500. We should act like we've been here before.

Now win versus the Browns and go 3 games over .500...we're talking parade.

http://www.100megsfree3.com/challenger/images/parade.jpg

Vinny
11-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Awful lot of fan swagger in this thread.http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3354/3332737491_2d8621e576.jpg

TexansFanatic
11-02-2011, 09:32 PM
I don't know about you, but I think it's a welcome breath of fresh air

It's certainly nice to be looking forward to January rather than trying to figure out our draft slot and looking forward to April.

I suppose I'm just a little bit amazed at how quickly we've transitioned from that latter mode of thinking to counting our first round playoff victory as set in stone and characterizing other teams with identical records (and more wins against winning teams) as paper tigers.

But no problem. Carry on. :)

Vinny
11-02-2011, 09:34 PM
It's certainly nice to be looking forward to January rather than trying to figure out our draft slot and looking forward to April.

I suppose I'm just a little bit amazed at how quickly we've transitioned from that latter mode of thinking to counting our first round playoff victory as set in stone and characterizing other teams with identical records (and more wins against winning teams) as paper tigers.

But no problem. Carry on. :)I gotta admit I've gotten a sip or two of the kewls aide. I.....can't....resist for some reason. Hell, we look like a good team for a change. There, I said it. :bravo:

TexansFanatic
11-02-2011, 09:40 PM
I gotta admit I've gotten a sip or two of the kewls aide. I.....can't....resist for some reason. Hell, we look like a good team for a change. There, I said it. :bravo:

Haha! Good for you, brother.

I'm ready. I really am. I guess I'll be all in after a victory against the Browns and a 6-3 record. That record will finally get me drunk. :koolaid:

2slik4u
11-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Just got the latest SI in the mail, flipping through it at 2nd job.

To the point;

AFC (seeding);
1-Steelers
2-Patriots
3-Texans "A healthy Arian Foster and a fiesty defense under Wade Phillips will push Houston into its first playoffs. (Assist to the injured Peyton Manning)"

So....thanks for the backhanded compliment.

4-Charges
5-Ravens
6-Bills

In the Wild Card round it predicts Bills defeat Houston; Ravens defeat Chargers.

It then predicts the Patriots beat the Packers in the Super Bowl 31-27.

:thinking:

:tiphat:

I hope to the Man upstairs that we are lucky enough to face the Bills in the first round. We are the better team and we will beat the crap out of them. This I am sure of.

Kimmy
11-03-2011, 09:22 AM
I hope to the Man upstairs that we are lucky enough to face the Bills in the first round. We are the better team and we will beat the crap out of them. This I am sure of.

I just have visions of Oilers/Bills ....

Oh and the perpetual Bills superbowl joke.

Boy
I
Love
Losing
Superbowls

HTown2ATX
11-03-2011, 10:05 AM
I gotta admit I've gotten a sip or two of the kewls aide. I.....can't....resist for some reason. Hell, we look like a good team for a change. There, I said it. :bravo:

I'm with ya man. I've allowed myself a sip here and there lately. I been criticizing them for a while now and it has been refreshing to sip the drank again lol.

I'm not full bore counting W's on the upcoming schedule yet like some fans, but I am getting excited.