PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville on 27 November

euro-Texan
11-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Anyone else going? I live in GA, but I'm in the jax tv market so I go every year if for no other reason than fear of a blackout.

euro-Texan
11-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Anyone else going? I live in GA, but I'm in the jax tv market so I go every year if for no other reason than fear of a blackout.

I got lowers (4-together) for $35 on stubhub. Getting Jags tix under face value isn't terribly hard, but there are a lot of good seats out there cheap.

hobie
11-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Being a few days after Thanksgiving, I doubt there will be many from the Houston area making that trip.

Texan_Bill
11-07-2011, 10:43 PM
Being a few days after Thanksgiving, I doubt there will be many from the Houston area making that trip.

That said, if JAX offered free sausage, Hobie :hobie: would be there!!

:hobie:

TheDream34
11-08-2011, 12:18 AM
I can't wait till we smash these crybaby mother****ers. I hope we run all over Terrance Knighton fat ass.

hobie
11-08-2011, 08:14 AM
That said, if JAX offered free sausage, Hobie :hobie: would be there!!

:hobie:

Now T_B, I thought we had a deal that you don't tell anyone about our secret, and I wouldn't either.... :secret:

Dr2bKay
11-08-2011, 10:58 AM
I am on the fence about going, but I will probably be there.

SheTexan
11-12-2011, 09:29 AM
I'm thinking about it, just gotta make arrangements to be off work on Monday. I refuse to fly there.

jaayteetx
11-12-2011, 10:54 AM
I'm thinking about it, just gotta make arrangements to be off work on Monday. I refuse to fly there.

Why the refusal to fly?

SheTexan
11-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Why the refusal to fly?

Close enough to drive, and I HATE flying!! I'll do it if I have to, but, I have to drug myself up. I traveled by myself to Indy and Buffalo and was such a basket case it took me an entire day to recover, both ways. The flight from Cleveland into Buffalo was so bad it took everything in me, and the fact that I didn't have time, to keep from renting a car and driving back to Texas. I simply hate it!

euro-Texan
11-14-2011, 02:13 PM
When I was stationed in San Antonio, my wife and I would drive over to Houston for home game a couple of times a year. When we got stationed in Spain, I would pick the holiday (thanksgiving or christmas) with back to back home games for my vacations home. Now we're in South GA, about an hour out of Jax and I get one game a year with only a short drive, but i'm still forced to fly back to houston for two more games each season. If you tell your Dr. you have a flying phobia, you can get an rx for a couple of pills to calm you down.

Dr2bKay
11-18-2011, 11:26 AM
Gma,

Did you decide if you were going?

I decided that I will be there :-). Just reserved my hotel and looking for tickets now.

IDEXAN
11-19-2011, 09:25 AM
Close enough to drive, and I HATE flying!! I'll do it if I have to, but, I have to drug myself up. I traveled by myself to Indy and Buffalo and was such a basket case it took me an entire day to recover, both ways. The flight from Cleveland into Buffalo was so bad it took everything in me, and the fact that I didn't have time, to keep from renting a car and driving back to Texas. I simply hate it!
I use to really have problems flying and needed to get "well-lubed" before boarding a flight. Anyway I kinda worked thru it to the point where I actually enjoy flying these days.
But I wanted to commend you for your determination to support the Texans even if it includes traveling to their games by way of a mode of transportation that you really despise and even fear. You are a true Texan fan SheTexan !

HealingBullets
11-19-2011, 05:47 PM
I am going over because I think it may be our finest moment....At least I hope so...I will be in the front row at the fifty behind the Texan bench...I really would like to see our guys kick pot roast's ass

Dr2bKay
11-21-2011, 09:47 AM
I am going over because I think it may be our finest moment....At least I hope so...I will be in the front row at the fifty behind the Texan bench...I really would like to see our guys kick pot roast's ass

I'll see you at the game...

euro-Texan
11-22-2011, 10:02 AM
I hope there is a good Texans fan-base showing at the game. Jax is a Navy town so there is usually a good amount of displaced Texans such as myself who show up. Last year and again this year, the Taxans/Jags game will be the Jacksonville "Salute to the Armed Forces" game. Last year there were quite a few fans at the game who were for neither team in their own hometeam jerseys just there to see an NFL game. In my section most of them were rooting against the home-team. In the end, that hail mary crushed my soul and I don't remember much after that. In fact, for the last three years, that empty stadium has been my "factory of saddness." Here's hoping for a better outcome.

euro-Texan
11-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Wow! The Texans represented today. There must have been 1000 people sporting Texans jerseys in jax today.