PDA

View Full Version : D.Brown Getting Dirty

srrono
11-01-2011, 11:47 AM
http://www.bigshow790.com/pages/BigShow.html?article=9334359

Mr. White
11-01-2011, 12:01 PM
Just listened to Wex's explanation.

A Jags player is pulling on Duane Brown's arm. Duane pulls away from him and ends up hitting Sessions in the gut.

More whining by the Jags.

Ole Miss Texan
11-01-2011, 12:09 PM

A Jags player is pulling on Duane Brown's arm. Duane pulls away from him and ends up hitting Sessions in the gut.

I don't know, kinda looks like a punch from that video.

GlassHalfFull
11-01-2011, 12:13 PM

I had to look several times, it does look like a punch. However, once I started seeing the other player on Brown's arm and the way Brown reacted when he came up, I can certainly use my homer glasses and buy into Brown's story.

I can also see how Jag fans would prefer to use their teal glasses and see what they want to see.

gtexan02
11-01-2011, 12:19 PM
He's got pads on, whats the problem?

thunderkyss
11-01-2011, 12:20 PM

Good....

The Cush
11-01-2011, 12:25 PM
He's got pads on, whats the problem?

They lost

False Start
11-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Looked like some UFC stuff.....ITS ALLLLL OVER! :aggressive:

michaelm
11-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Personally, I think it was a punch, but I think it's interesting the way the clip is edited.
It looks like they intentionally didn't show what happened directly prior to Brown hitting him.
My guess is that he might be reacting to something that Sessions just did to him.

eriadoc
11-01-2011, 01:00 PM
It was a punch IMO, and that's OK. A punch is pretty minor crap in the grand scheme of what goes on in a football game. A punch to the gut isn't even in the same ballpark as deliberately putting your elbow into a player's ribs as you fly into them. No one's getting injured from a punch to the gut.

House of Pain
11-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Dear Jax,

u mad?

Signed,
24-14 Texans

False Start
11-01-2011, 01:21 PM
Personally, I think it was a punch, but I think it's interesting the way the clip is edited.
It looks like they intentionally didn't show what happened directly prior to Brown hitting him.
My guess is that he might be reacting to something that Sessions just did to him.

I thought about that too. For all we know, Sessions could have grabbed his (Brown's) junk before the punch, lol.

TexansFanatic
11-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Haha! That was a punch to the gut.

Works for me!

thunderkyss
11-01-2011, 01:31 PM
It was a punch IMO, and that's OK. A punch is pretty minor crap in the grand scheme of what goes on in a football game. A punch to the gut isn't even in the same ballpark as deliberately putting your elbow into a player's ribs as you fly into them. No one's getting injured from a punch to the gut.

I'm watching the video & reading your post..... & I'm thinking, "Damn... Brown is a big man, I wouldn't consider a punch to the gut by that behemouth 'minor crap'"

Then I go look up his stats on ESPN.com & I see he's my size... I usually don't "see" myself next to "normal" people.

HOUFan
11-01-2011, 04:58 PM

The first time you see it, it does look like a punch but after looking at it several times Duane is just trying to get his arm released by the other jaguars player that was grabbing onto it. I think he does follow thru with the release of his arm and that hits the stomach of the downed Jag. Looks way worse than what it really is...IMO

Texan_Bill
11-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Pansies!! That wasn't a punch...

This was a punch!

http://nextround.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/johnson-finnegan.gif

Besides that, I can remember those pansies taking shots on Texans receivers and returners a few years back.

Who has complained about the Texans? Oakland and Jax
Who hasn't complained? Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

'Nuff said.

mridge01
11-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Who cares. Personally I'm glad the Texans are getting publicity around the league for physical fortitude of some kind, dirty or no.

Ole Miss Texan
11-01-2011, 05:30 PM
I'd still like to see a longer video of this. It looks to me the Jags defender has his hand on the outside of Brown's arm/shoulder... I don't see any of him "lifting" or "pulling" Brown's arm, which if it slipped would cause DB's arm to go flying forward due to the two pulling in opposite directions.

I think this is a case for SportsScience!! :bender:

Showtime100
11-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Pansies!! That wasn't a punch...

This was a punch!

http://nextround.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/johnson-finnegan.gif

Besides that, I can remember those pansies taking shots on Texans receivers and returners a few years back.

Who has complained about the Texans? Oakland and Jax
Who hasn't complained? Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

'Nuff said.

THANK YOU. I've seen harder punches at a church dance.

Texan_Bill
11-01-2011, 05:46 PM
THANK YOU. I've seen harder punches at a church dance.

Actually Duane was asked about it this, this morning on 1560 the Game and he said that Jaguar pushed him in the back as he was getting up. He threw his arm to catch his balance. If you watch again, pay close attention to the Jagoff behind D Brown.

michaelm
11-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Actually Duane was asked about it this, this morning on 1560 the Game and he said that Jaguar pushed him in the back as he was getting up. He threw his arm to catch his balance. If you watch again, pay close attention to the Jagoff behind D Brown.

That's the PC thing for D Brown to say, but it looks like a punch to me, and my homer eyes think it looks like a retaliation-type punch.

Texan_Bill
11-01-2011, 06:05 PM
That's the PC thing for D Brown to say, but it looks like a punch to me, and my homer eyes think it looks like a retaliation-type punch.

Dude, if that was a punch D Brown better find a new line of work. One that might entail becoming, say a designer? A florist? :lol:

Scooter
11-01-2011, 06:06 PM
if he was going to throw a punch he wouldnt be getting up, he'd be throwing a punch. i'm with duane's explanation, it looked like he was getting up and got pushed back down - and put his arm out to catch himself. he probably did add a little extra in retaliation, but the jags can blame their own for that particular outcome.

Hervoyel
11-01-2011, 06:12 PM

Yeah, he punched him. Without context it's impossible to be able to say for certain what that punch means but it was definitely a punch.

And most everyone here is right. It wasn't much of a punch. Just a little tap to let the guy know Brown was paying attention I suspect.

Errant Hothy
11-01-2011, 06:30 PM
PK's take on this over at ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/30111/browns-defense-worse-than-punch

Guess you can't guess the spin of this before reading it.

Texan_Bill
11-01-2011, 06:32 PM
PK's take on this over at ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/30111/browns-defense-worse-than-punch

Cuase you can't guess the spin of this before reading it.

PK is douche! Always has been, always will be. Let him know as much on twitter.

Dutchrudder
11-01-2011, 06:43 PM
I hate seeing stuff like this from the Texans, I expect it from teams like the Jets, but not the Texans. I know it's football and all, but throwing a punch during a game is just asinine as it can get you kicked out and hurt the team. Do you really want to lose our LT for the rest of the game because he wanted to jab a guy after giving up a fumble? I don't. Make your statement with your play, crap like this is petty and stupid. I hope he gets fined because we all know Kubiak won't do anything about this. If Brown got ejected for that, he could have cost us the game. Stupid stupid stupid.

Texan_Bill
11-01-2011, 06:51 PM
If he would've thrown a punch, the guy with the black and white stripes standing relatively close would've thrown some laundry.

It's one of thems there optical delusions.

Ole Miss Texan
I hate seeing stuff like this from the Texans, I expect it from teams like the Jets, but not the Texans. I know it's football and all, but throwing a punch during a game is just asinine as it can get you kicked out and hurt the team. Do you really want to lose our LT for the rest of the game because he wanted to jab a guy after giving up a fumble? I don't. Make your statement with your play, crap like this is petty and stupid. I hope he gets fined because we all know Kubiak won't do anything about this. If Brown got ejected for that, he could have cost us the game. Stupid stupid stupid.

I agree. Brown will have to answer for this though, for sure. The O-linemen have an ongoing thing amongst themselves that if any of them gets singled out, said player has to pay a fine. Their thinking is that they're a single unit and should not be identified individually. If you do something like holding, or personal foul, or get called out publicly.... you pay the fine. Certainly that isn't going to be a huge wallet killer for Brown but the point is that it isn't just going to go unnoticed. I also think Kubiak or Benton will definitely have a talk with him since this has become so apparent. Like you said, it could have had a huge impact on this game... or future games.

Big Lou
It was cross between a shove and a punch. If the Glitter Kitty was standing it would have been a shove. Players push down on players getting up all the time, Brown just had further to go. Was it called for, not really, but it happens 50 times a game every weekend. This isn't exactly a Zapruder Film, if you went in to the NFL Films vault, I sure I could find just as many Jags doing something along the same lines last Sunday.

Hey Jags STFU, you suck this year, accept it, Houston has suffered through it for years. Bieng little whiney b*tches doesn't make it any easier to live with. You can still root for the Los Angeles Jaguars in a couple of years.

Whats the Jacksonville mascot? A Jaguar you say, nope it's a tarp.......

Naiirb
11-01-2011, 06:52 PM
AJ says: I WILL END YOU!

Off topic but after seeing your sig it makes me really miss Leach. I love how after throwing up the TD signal he runs to #25 from the Cardinals and stares him down haha

Showtime100
11-01-2011, 06:54 PM

You need to watch the replay before casting your stones, Dutch, all due respect. No way that was a punch, especially a punch with intentions behind it. If is was, I'm taking his lunch money tomorrow.

TheMatrix31
11-01-2011, 08:49 PM
That's bitchmade by Brown. Doesn't matter. Can't do that. Jacksoffville guy was holding him back and he may have just been trying to shake him off...but I dunno.

Endcoachment
11-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Honestly the punch looks weak, kind of like the punch you give a friend for whooping your ass in a video game. Dude had a good pick up, and duane was dissapointed in his effort but kind of giving the guy a punch like 'damnit man! but good play anyway'. Real PUNCHES go THROUGH someone. Duane never followed through with the punch, you can tell by the way he snaps his fist back up, kind of like a friendly judo chop. If he was angry his fist would have stayed through the players abdomen without snapping back.

Another anology would be karate. When you 1uped your opponent and have the final strike, they do a fake punch to signify that they have won. Furthermore if it was a real punch the guy wouldnt have gotten up. Folks in the NFL get prissy over shoves, what makes you guys think this was a real punch? If it was the guy wouldnt have been a good sport about it.

Texaninlild
11-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Session didn't really react like it was a punch. Session just hopped up and went on.

D Brown got into it with the guy who pushed him but that was edited out.

buddyboy
11-01-2011, 11:32 PM
One of the comments mentioned that the "punch" was with his left hand. Brown is right handed.

What I saw was Brown getting up, a Jags defender grabbing at Brown's arm, and Brown doing the "get the ******* off of me" arm movement. Which looks like a punch when it connects with someone at your feet.

TejasTom
11-01-2011, 11:38 PM
kinda looks like a punch from that video.

Looks like a love tap to me.

Dutchrudder
11-02-2011, 12:04 AM
You need to watch the replay before casting your stones, Dutch, all due respect. No way that was a punch, especially a punch with intentions behind it. If is was, I'm taking his lunch money tomorrow.

I can see the Jax guy clearly grabbing his left arm, but even if it was just a breakaway move from the guy holding his arm, the movement doesn't match the description. Easily could have been a personal foul, possibly an ejection if the refs were looking to issue one. It looks like an intentional jab to me.

JWarren14
11-02-2011, 12:19 AM
Just watched the full play on NFL Replay, calling it a punch is pretty out of context.

Schaub gets tackled, fumbles, Duane Brown goes to make the tackle on the return, makes the tackle, is getting up and then #69 reaches to pull him up by his left arm, when Duane pulls away he comes down on Session.

I don't see any intent on a punch, nobody on the Jags team was any bit angry in the heat of the moment, there were 2 refs in the vicinity with no flag thrown or any separation or anything. I would think if Duane had an intent to punch Session he wouldn't have turned around so quick to get at #69.

It's clear that Duane was already on his way to his feet when #69 came over and was pulling him up, he shrugged him off and accidentally made contact with Sessions.

Whole thing is getting overblown

dream_team
11-02-2011, 02:47 AM
The video looks worse than it actually is. The best telling sign is that Session didn't retaliate at all! Who would get punched in the gut, and just get back up as if nothing happened?

thunderkyss
11-02-2011, 04:07 AM
The video looks worse than it actually is. The best telling sign is that Session didn't retaliate at all! Who would get punched in the gut, and just get back up as if nothing happened?

a Jagbeyach!!

TimeKiller
11-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Yeah, I buy the "I got pushed" thing.

Because as a 6'4'' 320 pound MAN.....if he threw a punch there wouldn't be ANY question about it.

Crushing56
11-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Hmmm... you know what. After watching the play again, it does seem like he was just maintaining his balance. Because watch how while his momentum is going forward when Session is on the ground, his left foot is off the ground. THEN the so-called punch is thrown. If you're gonna throw a punch on the ground, why the heck would you just raise one of your feet off the ground for no reason.

The Pencil Neck
11-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Guys... come on. Just watch the replay of the ridiculous fumble and lateral. At the end of the play Duane very clearly punches him in the chest.
I actually like that we have a mean streak now. As long as we aren't taking off people's helmets and hitting them with brass knuckles, I'm okay with us sending messages to our divisional rivals that we're not here to mess around.
But I think Duane needs to hit the punching bag a little bit. Session got up way too soon haha

It doesn't look like that to me at all.

It looked to me like Duane was there, a jag ran up and touched him, Duane lost his balance and started to fall, he put his left hand down to catch himself.

No punch.

Ole Miss Texan
11-02-2011, 05:09 PM
The difference of opinion on this amazes me.

Showtime100
11-02-2011, 05:18 PM
If there were anything to this, as in it looks like a punch, I think ESPN and/or NFLN would find time to talk about it. As it is I've seen nothing from either network. Same thing goes for the whole "Texans are dirty" thing. The stories simply don't have legs outside of Jacksonville.

The Pencil Neck
11-02-2011, 05:20 PM
If there were anything to this, as in it looks like a punch, I think ESPN and/or NFLN would find time to talk about it. As it is I've seen nothing from either network. Same thing goes for the whole "Texans are dirty" thing. The stories simply don't have legs outside of Jacksonville.

Goodell is so hesitant to fine someone... oh, wait, no he isn't. If there was something serious here, there would have been fines.

Showtime100
11-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Goodell is so hesitant to fine someone... oh, wait, no he isn't. If there was something serious here, there would have been fines.

No kidding about that. That's the best proof of all there's nothing to this whole thing. :bravo:

Rey
11-02-2011, 05:31 PM

I have not looked at the film of it, but based on this along I'm more inclined to believe that it was nothing.

NitroGSXR
11-02-2011, 05:59 PM
What I want to know is who was doing the Haynesworth dance. My money's on Duane Brown.

Love it.

srrono
11-03-2011, 03:49 PM
DuaneBrown76 Duane Brown
by HoustonTexans
Appreciate all the fans' support! This bs talk won't phase me none. We takin care of business this week and that's that! #GoTexans
12 minutes ago

ChampionTexan
01-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Per Mark Berman on Twitter:

NFL says Texans off. Tackle Duane Brown did not throw a punch at Jaguars LB Clint Session on Oct. 30 and rescinded the $7500 fine assessed.

LINK (https://twitter.com/#!/MarkBermanFox26/status/153963030479257600)

The Pencil Neck
01-03-2012, 02:48 PM
Per Mark Berman on Twitter:

LINK (https://twitter.com/#!/MarkBermanFox26/status/153963030479257600)

Did anyone post this over on the Jags forums?