PDA

View Full Version : Smacking Saturday's Bum

Yankee_In_TX
11-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Has there ever been an explanation as to how the Colts are not false starting on every offensive snap? They mention it about once a broadcast for the Colts, but never exlpain how it is legal.

IMO a lineman swinging his arm prior to the snap is a false start? Am I wrong?

infantrycak
11-01-2011, 11:59 AM
The Texans raised this issue officially with the league. They got a non-answer of essentially "what they are doing is legal, we aren't going to call it" without an explanation of how it doesn't violate the rules because it certainly appears to. I think the refs have just decided to let Indy play that way and will only call "conventional" stepping back false starts on them with some sort of half-assed rationalization that Manning is entertaining to watch.

Frankly I would like to see the Texans or some other team force the refs hands by doing exactly the same thing and seeing if they draw a flag. If they don't, cool at least the refs are being consistent. If not, take the fine and make a public comparison.

Yankee_In_TX
11-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Frankly I would like to see the Texans or some other team force the refs hands by doing exactly the same thing and seeing if they draw a flag. If they don't, cool at least the refs are being consistent. If not, take the fine and make a public comparison.

I think someone needs to call the Coach Kubiak radio show the Monday before the Colts game and raise that issue.

We would either get at least a free penatly OR be able to call shenanigans on the NFL officials.

Runner
11-01-2011, 05:18 PM
I often wondered what would happen if a d-lineman hit the o-lineman the first three or four times they did it. Would they just keep calling penalties on the defense? The guys are moving; make the refs call something.