PDA

View Full Version : Another Reason for Mario Haters to Hate him

srrono
11-01-2011, 09:42 AM
AnnaMegan Anna-Megan Raley
Mario Williams will be with Mayor Annise Parker today. He's donating 3 Camaros to HPD's Traffic Enforcement Dept "to blitz speeders". Uh-oh.

Now every time you get a ticket , you can blame Mario lol.

Turns out that it was 5 Chevrolet Camaros.

chicagotexan2
11-01-2011, 09:45 AM
well if the Camaros are anything like Mario they'll only be working about half the time and when they are working they'll rarely hustle.

Norg
11-01-2011, 09:48 AM
the only reason why i dont see us keeping him is i think we need a OLB who can drop into coverge has well has pass rush

Kthx
11-01-2011, 10:16 AM
He met with Parker and is giving cops more cars to play tax collector in instead of actually protecting the public, Not just one reason, two more reasons.

Ole Miss Texan
11-01-2011, 10:35 AM
LOL, I think it's great of him. He did this last year too - I think he donated like 6 camaros to the Houston Police Department.

Better than HPD and/or us the taxpayer having to pay for new cars!

robroy72
11-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if his green lambo got pulled over by one of them? :D

thunderkyss
11-01-2011, 11:14 AM
the only reason why i dont see us keeping him is i think we need a OLB who can drop into coverge has well has pass rush

Even though Wade says differently?

Think Shawn Merriman in San Diego & Demarcus Ware in Dallas.

Neither dropped into coverage very often.

CMIII doesn't drop into coverage often...... they basically play the "wide 9" like Babin in Philly.

Calling them Line Backers isn't technically correct as they are pass rushers more than anything. Just like he was as a 4-3 DE.

The Cush
11-01-2011, 11:24 AM

I don't know why people believe this. Wade's defense is basically a 4-3 maybe even more of a 5-2. The OLB's are almost always coming, but the position Mario plays he comes 95% of the time. That's by scheme not by player skill. Before Wade even got to install his D he said Ware dropped back on 5% of the time when he was with Dallas and said Mario would be playing the same role. If you even look at traditional 3-4's, there is a primary rush OLB that comes almost every time while also having very limited coverage skills. Tamba Hali, Terrell Suggs, James Harrison, Cameron Wake, Brian Orakpo, etc. Those guys are some of the best players in the league because they can get after the QB, you don't have to disguise if they are coming or not because they are that much of a force

srrono
11-01-2011, 04:03 PM

Playoffs
11-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Good on Mario.

Looking forward to having him back next year.

Showtime100
11-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Who was hating on Mario to begin with?

mridge01
11-01-2011, 04:12 PM
That is good on Mario. This story reminds of the time he stupidly posted a video of himself driving 100 mph on a NC freeway with his girl screaming in the passenger seat. Guess he's grown out of that phase in life.
I actually met Mario through a friend who is an HPD officer. Little known fact that Mario volunteers his time to going on police rides and is some sort of honorary officer. Guess he'll have a little more time to volunteer now. Anyway, he deserves credit for his work in this area.

Texan_Bill
11-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Who was hating on Mario to begin with?

I don't think it was as much "hate" as it was "Mario sucks"!! But man, there sure was plenty of it.

Showtime100
11-01-2011, 04:20 PM
I don't think it was as much "hate" as it was "Mario sucks"!! But man, there sure was plenty of it.

Thank you Bill. :) I knew before the season he had his detractors and I assume that's what you are talking about. Thanks.

"Haters" is a bit strong. More like worried, somewhat frustrated fans, but not haters...lol.

rush2112mn
11-01-2011, 04:35 PM
AnnaMegan Anna-Megan Raley
Mario Williams will be with Mayor Annise Parker today. He's donating 3 Camaros to HPD's Traffic Enforcement Dept "to blitz speeders". Uh-oh.

Now every time you get a ticket , you can blame Mario lol.

Yeah.....thats kinda funny that Mario donating Camaros to speed enforcement.....

I remember when they had a video of him driving his lambo in North Carolina over 100 mph...and you could hear a women screaming her head off in his car....

I wonder if anyone remembers that youtube video....besides me......

Big Lou
11-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Mario just donated those cars so the next time he gets pulled over in his Lambo he can tell the cop to give him the keys back to his (Mario's) Camaro if the cop writes the ticket.

TexanSam
11-01-2011, 06:00 PM

:toropalm:

Kthx
11-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Mario going to be a cop huh.. I can just see the reality show offers pouring in.

NYPDeep Steel Blue
Sacknet
Hawaii 9-0

2BCF
11-02-2011, 02:15 AM
Wouldn't the officers be better served with some bullet-proof/resistant glass or door armor?

That's the route I would've gone...and kept it private.

thunderkyss
11-02-2011, 07:39 AM
I'll definitely be upset with Mario if I get pulled over by HPD in a camaro......

:mad:

Dutchrudder
11-02-2011, 09:21 AM
Does this mean I can tackle the cop if he pulls me over?

ChampionTexan
11-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Does this mean I can tackle the cop if he pulls me over?

Only if you are unblocked, or single-teamed by a TE or RB.

2BCF
11-02-2011, 05:02 PM
I'll definitely be upset with Mario if I get pulled over by HPD in a camaro......

:mad:

Yep, some balance is needed.

All season ticket holders should be sent a Valentine One radar detector. :)

TexansBull
11-02-2011, 06:13 PM
That is good on Mario. This story reminds of the time he stupidly posted a video of himself driving 100 mph on a NC freeway with his girl screaming in the passenger seat. Guess he's grown out of that phase in life.
I actually met Mario through a friend who is an HPD officer. Little known fact that Mario volunteers his time to going on police rides and is some sort of honorary officer. Guess he'll have a little more time to volunteer now. Anyway, he deserves credit for his work in this area.

I agree he deserves credit for what he does. And that's cool that he does the police rides. The guy needs more face time in the community and become more involved, or get more publicity for what he does in the community as cornerstone franchise players should. Sometimes it seems he hasn't fully embraced houston because he doesn't get that face time. For example, you hear about Schaub all the time - maybe because he is the QB. Andre says he wants to retire here. And Arian I am sure is going to love houston for the chance he got here. But the last cornerstone player of our team just doesn't seem to get the same press as the others or seem to give off that vibe he wants to be here. Maybe its just me or I never hear about him doing stuff around here. Maybe he's coming around. Maybe there was/is uncertainty or bad feelings between him and the front office/coaches. Either way, hopefully he will be our second hall of famer to retire with us and becomes more involved here or starts to get his name out there more for what he does.

Playoffs
11-02-2011, 06:49 PM
I want one ... !

http://i52.tinypic.com/19xtoo.jpg

badboy
11-03-2011, 07:34 PM
http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2011/11/mario-williams-donates-sports-cars-to-hpd/

Donates 5 Chevy Camaros to Houston Police Deparetment. Way to go Mario!

badboy
11-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Well I guess I should have read this thread. Never guessed by the title it was about Mario donating.I read all thread titles here , non sports and NFL before posting. Hah.

mridge01
11-03-2011, 10:00 PM
I want one ... !

http://i52.tinypic.com/19xtoo.jpg

Dude, use a crop feature. Lot's of unnecessary space showing in that photo.

KA4Texan
11-03-2011, 10:57 PM
well if the Camaros are anything like Mario they'll only be working about half the time and when they are working they'll rarely hustle.

I think you have Mario confused with ANYTHING made by Ford. (I still have to respect them for turning down the bailout though)

NICE!!! but ugh, I hate those invisa-cops.