PDA

View Full Version : LB Corps are being Decimated

srrono
10-30-2011, 03:24 PM
Sharpton now out - Reed got banged up - Mario gone - ryans playn 1 arm 1 leg Texans need some help at LB. I would like the Texans to take a look at Lofa Tatupu

Sharpton: Torn Quad. Having surgery.

McClain_on_NFL John McClain
Texans have lost 2 of top 5 LBs for season: Mario Williams and Darryl Sharpton.

fiasco west
10-30-2011, 03:25 PM
Braman probably gets to play. Seems like whatever they have him do he does it well.

IDEXAN
10-30-2011, 03:26 PM
I heard they carted Sharpton off the field ? That crap sometimes means
season-ending ?

fiasco west
10-30-2011, 03:28 PM
I hope they were just being careful. He didn't seem to look devastated. Most guys have that look on their face like they know they are going to be out for a while.

Maddict5
10-30-2011, 03:29 PM
sharpton looks done for the yr unless he summoned some matty ice into him. we're starting to get in big trouble there

srrono
10-30-2011, 03:31 PM
Last year Lofa Tatupu had a torn pectoral muscle and it ended his season. he is a hustle player i think he would fit in

TheMatrix31
10-30-2011, 03:33 PM
He's officially out for the year. Torn quad.

welsh texan
10-30-2011, 03:34 PM
Sharpton is a quality backup with Ryans still banged up we're in need of someone to step in and be good because Ryans needs spelling at times during the game.

False Start
10-30-2011, 03:35 PM
Yeah, this sucks. He was good depth, and could step in for Demeco and play pretty damn good on 3rd downs.

TheMatrix31
10-30-2011, 03:37 PM
This is nonsense. Ugh. I know people were weary of the Packers comparison, but with Andre, Mario, Manning, Sharpton, Reed, Foster/Tate/Ward....this is really becoming bullshit man.

False Start
10-30-2011, 03:38 PM
This is nonsense. Ugh. I know people were weary of the Packers comparison, but with Andre, Mario, Manning, Sharpton, Reed, Foster/Tate/Ward....this is really becoming bullshit man.

Yep. Its almost like I'm expecting someone to get injured every game.

TheMatrix31
10-30-2011, 03:42 PM
Well, if it ends similarly....I won't care, LOL.

srrono
10-30-2011, 03:44 PM

gary
10-30-2011, 03:45 PM
It is just the NFL. What are you going to do?

ObsiWan
10-30-2011, 03:49 PM
Well, if it ends similarly....I won't care, LOL.

I do.
Don't want to go into December with half our team in the hospital

Doppelganger
10-30-2011, 03:49 PM
It is just the NFL. What are you going to do?

That's why you need quality depth across the board. Next player in mentality.

mariowillshine15
10-30-2011, 03:57 PM

Bramans been a beast on special teams. Hope we get to see what he can do.

MEGA SWATT
10-30-2011, 03:59 PM

yep, like last year's packers.:thisbig:

TimeKiller
10-30-2011, 06:12 PM
Yeah. I didn't see what happened to DS but they're going to have to sign someone else.

Maybe Cheta Ogzougwu lol...

gary
10-30-2011, 06:37 PM
That's why you need quality depth across the board. Next player in mentality.I agree and the HC/GM should be the ones to sign that quality depth.

SteveSlaton20
10-30-2011, 06:40 PM
Braman is OLB.

Tim Dobbins is our next ILB in line. And I'd love to give Lofa Tatupu a chance if he's in shape.

Kaiser Toro
10-30-2011, 06:41 PM

Perhaps the best analysis on the Texans by McClain since 2002. Spot on.

SteveSlaton20
10-30-2011, 06:54 PM
Perhaps the best analysis on the Texans by McClain since 2002. Spot on.

lmao

The Cush
10-30-2011, 10:08 PM
You guys need to check out this..

http://twitter.com/#!/FakeJohnMcClain

They do a great John McClain impression

RagingBull
10-30-2011, 11:19 PM

That one is funny but not as funny as NotJayCutler:

http://twitter.com/#!/NotJayCutler

Naiirb
10-30-2011, 11:31 PM

Omg these are hysterical. I use to loathe reading tweets from McClain during the game cause he often overreacts and would call the offense or defense "pathetic" or "sad" after just 1 drive. Not anymore more hahaha

Some of these had me laughing for awhile. Sooo spot on

Texans up 14-7 and if they can keep Jacksonville scoreless for the next 15 minutes, they could win this game.

The Titans handled the Colts w/ ease today, but a win by the Texans keeps them in the lead for the division. How about that?

Brooks Reed's hair called offsides. 5 yard penalty on Hou. Pathetic

:hurrah::hurrah::hurrah:

Marcus
10-31-2011, 01:06 AM

How is our injury situation different than any other team in the league?

Seriously ..... How exactly are we faring worse than other teams in the league. You guys are all into stats. I wanna see some evidence that we are getting more injuries than other teams.

TheMatrix31
10-31-2011, 03:35 AM

Seriously ..... How exactly are we faring worse than other teams in the league. You guys are all into stats. I wanna see some evidence that we are getting more injuries than other teams.

No idea. And I don't really care. All I know is that the injury bug is taking a big fat shit on our team. We havent had our best offensive player in weeks. We lost our best defensive player for the rest of the year, our newly acquired safety for perhaps the rest of the year, perhaps the most underrated player on defense for the year, and our stud running backs have all missed a lot of time.

To be 5-3 right now is a miracle. Straight up. Thank goodness for Wade Phillips.

El Tejano
10-31-2011, 09:10 AM
What about Tim Dobbins? Is he still available?

Blake
10-31-2011, 09:18 AM
What about Tim Dobbins? Is he still available?

Tim Dobbins, a sixth-year veteran, is the Texans' only remaining healthy backup at inside linebacker.

El Tejano
10-31-2011, 09:43 AM
Tim Dobbins, a sixth-year veteran, is the Texans' only remaining healthy backup at inside linebacker.

Everytime I see him, he's doing really good things. If he can come in and make a similiar contribution as Sharpton, we will be okay.

DX-TEX
10-31-2011, 09:49 AM
Isnt Channing Crowder still out there? I know he said he would come back next season but this is a GREAT opportunity.

panamamyers
10-31-2011, 10:17 AM
Is Mister Alexander still on our practice squad?
I know he was injured in training camp.

Dutchrudder
10-31-2011, 10:31 AM
Damnit Rick Smith, why didn't you trade Kareem Jackson for Patrick Willis when you had the chance??? GOSH!

JWarren14
10-31-2011, 10:50 AM

ESPN has a decent list

http://espn.go.com/nfl/injuries

Insideop
10-31-2011, 11:28 AM
ESPN has a decent list

http://espn.go.com/nfl/injuries

This is a good list for players not on IR, but if you want to get the full picture you'd have to go to NFL.com and look at every teams Roster for the players on IR. The Texans will have 9 on IR when Sharpton is added.

Corrosion
10-31-2011, 02:14 PM

Name another team that has lost the calibur of player the Texans have in MW , AJ , Foster , Manning.

Lots of teams have injuries , the lucky teams avoid injuries to key players.

Sure GB lost a ton of player games to injury last year but they lost no one nearly as significant to their team as AJ , MW or Foster.

srrono
10-31-2011, 04:41 PM
Best Free Agents Available - Defense
By Adam Caplan
Last updated:
October 29, 2011 3:14 pm ET

Defensive Tackle
Pat Williams
Tony Brown
Colin Cole
Junior Siavii
Ma'ake Kemoeatu
Jamal Williams
Jovan Haye
Tank Johnson
Marcus Stroud
Gabe Watson
Damione Lewis
Demetric Evans
Nick Hayden
Trey Lewis
Cliff Ryan
Anthony Bryant
Kentwan Balmer
Justin Harrell
Marcus Harrison
John McCargo
Ryan Sims
Jay Alford
Ed Johnson
DeMario Pressley
Travis Johnson
Bryan Robinson
Craig Terrill
Chris Hovan
Tank Tyler
Thomas Johnson
Landon Cohen
Ra’Shon Harris
Kade Weston
Kelly Talavou
Lamar Divens

Defensive End
Antwan Odom
Chauncey Davis
Alex Brown
Jacob Ford
Charles Grant
Everette Brown
Jeremy Jarmon
Robaire Smith
Stylez G. White
Phillip Daniels
Jared DeVries
Trevor Pryce
Jarvis Green
Chris Wilson (OLB in 3-4)
Keyunta Dawson (DT)
Victor Adeyanju
Alex Hall (OLB in 3-4)
Bobby McCray
Jay Richardson
Eric Moore
Marques Douglas
Derreck Robinson
Adrian Awasom
George Selvie
Bryan Smith
Hall Davis

Inside Linebacker
Lofa Tatupu
Keith Bulluck
Akin Ayodele
Eric Barton (WLB in 4-3/ILB in 3-4)
Kawika Mitchell (WLB in 4-3/ILB in 3-4)
Danny Clark (SLB in 4-3)
Matt Wilhelm
H.B. Blades (SLB)
Jordon Dizon
Chase Blackburn
Rod Wilson
Niko Koutouvides
Vinny Ciurciu
Abdul Hodge
Anthony Waters
Lance Laury
Colin Allred
Eric Alexander
Corey Mays
Brandon Moore (SLB)
Rennie Curran
Scott McKillop
Leon Williams

Outside Linebacker
Julian Peterson (SLB in 4-3/OLB in 3-4)
Pisa Tiniosamoa (SLB)
Brandon Chillar (SLB in 4-3/ILB in 3-4)
Tully Banta-Cain (SLB in 4-3/OLB in 3-4)
Clint Ingram (WLB/SLB)
Rashad Jeanty (SLB)
Gerris Wilkinson (WLB)
Landon Johnson (WLB)
Kevin Bentley (SLB/MLB)
Sam Williams (SLB)
Jamie Winborn (SLB)
Jyles Tucker (SLB in 4-3/OLB in 3-4)
Jamar Williams (SLB)
Stanley Arnoux (SLB)
Jon Alston (WLB/SLB)
Keith Ellison (WLB/SLB)
Tyjuan Hagler (SLB)
Charlie Anderson (SLB)
Coy Wire (SLB/WLB)
Vernon Golston (DE in 4-3/OLB in 3-4)
Quentin Moses (OLB)
Chris McCoy (SLB)

Safety
Renaldo Hill
Marlin Jackson
Darren Sharper
Lawyer Milloy
Roy Williams
Eugene Wilson (CB)
Chris Horton
Ken Hamlin
C.C. Brown
Aaron Francisco
Michael Lewis
Macho Harris (CB)
Matt Ware
Pierson Prioleau
Donnie Nickey
Tom Nelson
Tyrone Carter
Pat Watkins
Darcel McBath
Antoine Harris
Chris Reis
Marcus Hudson
Nick Sorensen
Darcel McBath
Jamie Silva
Andrew Sandejo
Myron Rolle

Cornerback
Leigh Bodden
Fabian Washington
Randall Gay
Lito Sheppard
Tye Hill
Nate Vasher
Brian Williams
Nathan Jones
Benny Sapp
Eric King
Jonathan Wade
Fred Bennett
Will James
Keiwan Ratliff
Karl Paymah
Trumaine McBride
David Jones
Trevard Lindley
Quincy Butler
Mike Richardson
Coye Francies
Tony Carter
Will Blackmon (KR)
Maurice Leggett
Josh Moore
Brandon Underwood
Robert McClain
Courtney Brown

CloakNNNdagger
10-31-2011, 05:40 PM
Kubiak says that a LB will be signed within 24 hours.

thunderkyss
11-01-2011, 07:33 AM

That was our biggest problem last year. We started experiencing injuries (not nearly as much as this year) & couldn't compensate. Partly coaching ineptitude, partly poor talent pool.

Texn4life
11-01-2011, 07:40 AM
I cannot believe Lofa Tatupu is still unsigned. That guy fell just as hard as VY. Just goes to show you that you're only as good as your last game in this league. Matt Wilhelm played for Wade in San Diego, but I'm not sure if he's even been on a roster the past few years.

Insideop
11-01-2011, 01:17 PM
I cannot believe Lofa Tatupu is still unsigned. That guy fell just as hard as VY. Just goes to show you that you're only as good as your last game in this league. Matt Wilhelm played for Wade in San Diego, but I'm not sure if he's even been on a roster the past few years.

Was he injured or did he just stop playing well? Wasn't he a Probowler before?

Corrosion
11-02-2011, 05:48 PM

Name another team that has lost the calibur of player the Texans have in MW , AJ , Foster , Manning.

Lots of teams have injuries , the lucky teams avoid injuries to key players.

Sure GB lost a ton of player games to injury last year but they lost no one nearly as significant to their team as AJ , MW or Foster.

Bump - I want an answer to my question ....

TheMatrix31
11-02-2011, 06:09 PM
You're not gonna get one.

Marcus
11-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Bump - I want an answer to my question ....

You're not gonna get one.

Wanna bet?

You check all the other message boards of other teams, and you're going to see certain fans cry babying about how their team is faring worse than other teams.

Stop cry babying about the injury situation. How's that for an answer.

Norg
11-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Does this mean we dont make the playoffs and kubes gets another excuse : P

Looks at the steelers 3 of there lbers are hurt and there like 6-2.

80tothezone
11-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Wanna bet?

You check all the other message boards of other teams, and you're going to see certain fans cry babying about how their team is faring worse than other teams.

I think most people talk about OUR injuries because they are to key players and as a reaction to the people on the MB who say we have a garbage team because we lost to the raiders and the ravens. I mean if you were to choose players on the team that, should avoid injury at all costs well they sittin on IR or on sat out several games this season. Not to "cry" about it but to say we playing well considering...

Corrosion
11-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Wanna bet?

No , you didnt give an answer because .... you cant come up with a team who has lost arguably its best player on both sides of the ball.

The are only two team's who have been hit with injuries to players as significant as the Texans is ....
The Raiders who lost their QB and their star RB for a stretch.
And the Dolts .... who lost their QB.

Look how those teams have fared since those injuries ...... 0-fer.

I wasnt crying about the injury situation , just asking you a question since you were asking for evidence we had more injuries. I was making the point that its not about the sheer volume but the quality of the players lost to injury ..... Kinda like the GB team who won last years SB , they lost a lot of players but no one significant.

The Texans have held it together for the most part since losing MW , AJ and Manning ..... they have a reasonable amount of talent available to take up the slack .... tho the TE's have been the guy's to pick it up in place of AJ rather than JJ his replacement (Tho he did have a decent game against the Jags).

Naiirb
11-02-2011, 09:41 PM
The are only two team's who have been hit with injuries to players as significant as the Texans is ....
The Raiders who lost their QB and their star RB for a stretch.
And the Dolts .... who lost their QB.

Look how those teams have fared since those injuries ...... 0-fer.

I would add the Chiefs to that list. Losing Eric Berry and Jamal Charles who are significant players for both sides of that team hurts.

But i do agree the Texans have have been hit hardest in the league.

steelbtexan
11-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Peyton Manning is the Colts franchise.

Steelers lost for the season or a few games.

Their LT, LG, Mendenhal, Ward

Aaron Smith, Harrison, Hampton, Farrior

Marcus
11-03-2011, 12:14 AM
I would add the Chiefs to that list. Losing Eric Berry and Jamal Charles who are significant players for both sides of that team hurts.

I DON'T agree with that, because I'm being objective about it. Ask a Steelers fan if he thinks the Texans are faring worse than his team? Or a Colts fan, or a Chiefs fan.

We are still playing well because our major injuries, unlike other teams, are not happening on the defensive or offensive lines, and it's the battle upfront, in the trenches, that separates the winning teams and the losing teams.

And guess what? The season isn't even half over. More people are going to get hurt. And we're probably going to have more players get lost for the season. That's the NFL.

Naiirb
11-03-2011, 01:51 AM
I DON'T agree with that, because I'm being objective about it. Ask a Steelers fan if he thinks the Texans are faring worse than his team? Or a Colts fan, or a Chiefs fan.

Ok you can make an argument on all the teams listed. But If you stop trying to play the non homer card you'll realize that our team has been one of the harder hit teams in the league by injuries. Losing Andre and Mario who have been our best players on their respective side of the ball, our starting Safety in Manning, basically all of our running backs to start the season, and now Sharpton who has been playing significant time behind DeMeco have/is going to be significant down the road.

We are still playing well because our major injuries, unlike other teams, are not happening on the defensive or offensive lines, and it's the battle upfront, in the trenches, that separates the winning teams and the losing teams.

So i guess Mario and the impact he creates dosent count here? Im sure Cowboys and Vikings fans would agree if they lost Ware or Allen it would be no big deal compared to all the other teams losing players. :rolleyes:

And guess what? The season isn't even half over. More people are going to get hurt. And we're probably going to have more players get lost for the season. That's the NFL.

The season is half over for us, we've played 8 games. And how can you seriously say we're probably going to lose more players? I can just as easily say we wont lose anymore players. Pretty dumb statement.

thunderkyss
11-03-2011, 02:50 AM

Jamal Charles, definitely as he was their offense. Eric Berry? Though he is one of their better defenders, I don't know that he "defines" that defense. I don't know who does...

At the same time, our success on defense (we're not just getting by, we're pretty damn good on defense) shows that Mario does not define our defense as he has in the past.

fiffy...

thunderkyss
11-03-2011, 02:55 AM
Steelers lost for the season or a few games.

Their LT, LG, Mendenhal, Ward

Aaron Smith, Harrison, Hampton, Farrior

Most of those guys are role players. We got no credit when we lost DBrown for four games, didn't we lose Brisiel for a couple? Ward is what their 2nd/3rd receiver? I know he plays bigger than that, but that shows what kind of talent they have at WR.

The Steelers are just flat out a better franchise. But to be comparable to what we lost, in a lot of people's mind, they have to lose Rothlisberger (which they did last year & it was impressive they still won), Harrison & Palamalu (except we don't have a player comparable to Palamalu).

Corrosion
11-03-2011, 04:13 AM
Most of those guys are role players. We got no credit when we lost DBrown for four games, didn't we lose Brisiel for a couple? Ward is what their 2nd/3rd receiver? I know he plays bigger than that, but that shows what kind of talent they have at WR.

The Steelers are just flat out a better franchise. But to be comparable to what we lost, in a lot of people's mind, they have to lose Rothlisberger (which they did last year & it was impressive they still won), Harrison & Palamalu (except we don't have a player comparable to Palamalu).

This is what Im getting at - No one has really lost the calibur of player that the Texans have .... and for the Steelers , when they were playing for all the marbles , they had those guys pn the field.

Every team has lost someone .... but name another thats lost two Pro Bowlers , arguably their best players on either side of the ball ..... and continued to put up W's.

But hey , they are still putting up W's .... thats all I give a damn about.