PDA

View Full Version : Funny breakdown of Rackers Hit

srrono
10-27-2011, 09:12 AM
http://www.battleredblog.com/2011/10/26/2516855/vonta-leach-memorial-ktfo-award-week-7#storyjump

thunderkyss
10-27-2011, 09:25 AM
It's amazing. All those guys are moving... Rackers is the only guy that's a blur. He must have been moving.

Dutchrudder
10-27-2011, 09:45 AM
That was awesome. I love seeing Rackers in there hitting people and taking up blockers. Always fun to watch him, I hope we re-sign him next year.

TejasTom
10-27-2011, 10:02 AM
Looked like a hellfire missle to me.

GP
10-27-2011, 10:08 AM
That, for me, was the game clincher.

When a kicker shoots the gap on a kickoff, and de-cleats the returner, then comes up celebrating like Ray Lewis...you know the opponent is finished.

If we go on a huge run of wins, we might be pointing at that play--as insignificant as we might think it is right now--as perhaps the moment the Texans found swagger and quit their head-hanging, sad sack ways.

Or....we will find ways to totally tank the middle part of the season (again) and be clawing and scratching for the AFC South title with one of the three BAD teams we should easily beat out.

Texans do nothing easy. The Colts win this year (last year's opening game doesn't count because #18 was racing up and down the field, too) and the Titans win this year are the only two times I can remember us having the game won very early on. We need lots more like those two wins.

I want us to 56 people. Make a statement, put fear in opposing defenses, and win the AFC South handily and not by hook or by crook.

The Pencil Neck
10-27-2011, 04:44 PM
I want us to 56 people. Make a statement, put fear in opposing defenses, and win the AFC South handily and not by hook or by crook.

Call me crazy, but I think everyone wants that. Every year. Like clockwork.

Showtime100
10-27-2011, 04:56 PM
Lol, that was fun. I still think and thought this at the time, that one day while Rackers is headhunting the opposing returner will be steaming freely towards the endzone with no kicker to slow him down or stop him.

Still though, that boy got knocked the fugg out. :d:

Rey
10-27-2011, 05:02 PM
Lol, that was fun. I still think and thought this at the time, that one day while Rackers is headhunting the opposing returner will be steaming freely towards the endzone with no kicker to slow him down or stop him.

Still though, that boy got knocked the fugg out. :d:

That's not Rackers' job...

You normaly don't really depend on your kicker to do anything but kick...If he is able to make a tackle or slow a guy down it's a bonus...

On kickoffs everyone doesn't run down the field for the returner...You normally have one guy who hangs back as a safety...

The two inside guys are typically your wedge busters...Not sure how they are doing it now since you really dont have a wedge...But before those guys sole responsibility was to be crash dummies...Everyone else is supposed to avoid blockers to a certain side (either avoid left, or avoid right) and stay in their lanes...

Showtime100
10-27-2011, 05:03 PM
That's not Rackers' job...

You normaly don't really depend on your kicker to do anything but kick...If he is able to make a tackle or slow a guy down it's a bonus...

On kickoffs everyone doesn't run down the field for the returner...You normally have one guy who hangs back as a safety...

The two inside guys are typically your wedge busters...Not sure how they are doing it now since you really dont have a wedge...But before those guys sole responsibility was to be crash dummies...Everyone else is supposed to avoid blockers to a certain side (either avoid left, or avoid right) and stay in their lanes...

BS, the kicker needs to play safety there.

Rey
10-27-2011, 05:04 PM
BS, the kicker needs to play safety there.

LOL...ok

Showtime100
10-27-2011, 05:09 PM
LOL...ok

You want your guy to kick and then literally get out of the way. Nah. You're fired. He can still function as a safety, it's only been that way for years and years. That is, unless the new CBA forbids it, which I wouldn't doubt. :D

BTW, thanks for explaining how kickoffs work. I must have missed that in the 40+ years as a football fan.

Rey
10-27-2011, 05:12 PM
You want your guy to kick and then literally get out of the way. Nah. You're fired. He can still function as a safety, it's only been that way for years and years. That is, unless the new CBA forbids it, which I wouldn't doubt. :D

BTW, thanks for explaining how kickoffs work. I must have missed that in the 40+ years as a football fan.

Just because you watch football doesn't mean you know the ins and outs of how some things work.

Obviously you don't because you think that the kicker is supposed to be the safety.

I offered up an explanation, if you don't want it...fine...Believe what you want to. No Biggie.

Big Lou
10-27-2011, 05:14 PM
"OH NO, Neil Rackas, one of da hardest hittin kickas in da league...."

DexmanC
10-27-2011, 05:18 PM
I noticed Rackers sticking his head in the pile back when he was competing with Kris
Brown last preseason. I think that's what got him the job.

pissknocker
10-27-2011, 10:33 PM
Actually, they just told rackers to chill on all that. They want him to hang back from now on,no tackling unless he's the last player between returner and the endzone. No more rackers big hits.

Showtime100
10-27-2011, 10:33 PM
Just because you watch football doesn't mean you know the ins and outs of how some things work.

Obviously you don't because you think that the kicker is supposed to be the safety.

I offered up an explanation, if you don't want it...fine...Believe what you want to. No Biggie.

Give me a ****in break, Rey.

edo783
10-27-2011, 11:01 PM
Actually, they just told rackers to chill on all that. They want him to hang back from now on,no tackling unless he's the last player between returner and the endzone. No more rackers big hits.

And THAT is the correct thing for him to be doing.

eriadoc
10-27-2011, 11:02 PM

I heard that too. It fires the fans up, demoralizes the opponent, and keeps the ST players on notice that a kicker might show them up, so of course Kubiak has to stop all that.

DexmanC
10-27-2011, 11:03 PM
I heard that too. It fires the fans up, demoralizes the opponent, and keeps the ST players on notice that a kicker might show them up, so of course Kubiak has to stop all that.

....just when we thought Kubiak had grown some STONES.

Showtime100
10-27-2011, 11:04 PM
They want Rackers to play safety? They clearly don't know football, just ask my friend above....lol.

sbalderrama
10-28-2011, 12:29 AM
somehow I feel that when Rackers came over to the sideline and Kubiak saw him there was probably an exchange sorta like this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfkdZ3tXFSs

Joeycharp89
10-28-2011, 09:25 AM
somehow I feel that when Rackers came over to the sideline and Kubiak saw him there was probably an exchange sorta like this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfkdZ3tXFSs

Just watched this movie again the other day. I think it sums up Racker's hit perfectly, lol.

SheTexan
10-28-2011, 08:44 PM
I noticed Rackers sticking his head in the pile back when he was competing with Kris
Brown last preseason. I think that's what got him the job.

BS! Kris Brown never shied away from a tackle! He won the job over KB because Kris was injured!!

headsplint
10-28-2011, 08:55 PM
BS! Kris Brown never shied away from a tackle! He won the job over KB because Kris was injured!!

And missed the hell out of some crucial kicks.

JPPT1974
10-28-2011, 10:03 PM
Well Kubiak took Rackers off KOs in the first place, due to Rackers wanting to make tackles. Well, bet Kubiak kind of wished that he didn't take Rackers off of KOs for the fear of possibly getting hurt or worse.