View Full Version : ESPN Sport Science Arian Foster | Houston Texans

HouSportsWriter
10-27-2011, 08:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGwhefyme4I

Just found this.

Hope y'all like it.:koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid:

El Tejano
10-27-2011, 09:00 AM
Saw that yesterday and, man, all I can think of is how effective Foster is by making himself small by that ability to cut on a dime.

srrono
10-27-2011, 09:02 AM
Nice find

HouSportsWriter
10-27-2011, 09:06 AM
Nice find

Thanks!

gtexan02
10-27-2011, 09:47 AM
That was... awesome!

JGarza #70
10-27-2011, 09:56 AM
Thanks... He recieved good lessons on running...

TejasTom
10-27-2011, 10:00 AM
4g lateral acceleration... Wow!

HouSportsWriter
10-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the feedback!!:clown:

HJam72
10-27-2011, 10:25 AM
Earl Campbell would have just run over all that... :shades:

:jk:, good work, Foster.

DexmanC
10-27-2011, 11:01 AM
Looks like Foster is not likely to blow out a knee by making a cut.
Definitely good to know.

Ryan
10-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Looks like Foster is not likely to blow out a knee by making a cut.
Definitely good to know.

Been worried about that since we got him.

Blake
10-27-2011, 11:13 AM
What a player. Foster truly is poetry in motion.

Brisco_County
10-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Owen Daniels, Wes Welker, Reggie Bush... I can't think of a veteran player with standout cutting ability who has not had knee problems. I'm hoping that Foster is the exception.

TexanSam
10-27-2011, 01:00 PM
Owen Daniels, Wes Welker, Reggie Bush... I can't think of a veteran player with standout cutting ability who has not had knee problems. I'm hoping that Foster is the exception.

Emmitt Smith? Granted, he doesn't play anymore but he was great at cutting back.

Hervoyel
10-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Earl Campbell would have just run over all that... :shades:

:jk:, good work, Foster.

Might have been just kidding but that doesn't make it untrue.

Texn4life
10-27-2011, 03:59 PM

Really? Because I can think of a ton..... There are a lot of really good receivers, running backs, and tight ends in the league who thrive on their ability to cut and come out of breaks who haven't had knee injuries. Owen Daniels isn't a player that immediately comes to mind when I start thinking of guys who are the best at this.

EVOLVIST
10-27-2011, 04:54 PM
How soon we forget, Foster did have a knee problem, playing with a strained or torn meniscus all of last year. He had surgery in the off-season.

EllisUnit
10-27-2011, 05:31 PM
he showcases his poetry whenever he can. i like it, slow rap

TimeKiller
10-28-2011, 07:43 AM
The thing I find interesting is despite Tate and Foster's similar build (Foster listed at 6-1 229, Tate 5-11, 214) they are nothing alike as runners. Tate is more of a banger, get the ball, run the ball, hit somebody before they hit you type of mentality but he's got straight line/40 yard dash/homerun speed to boot. So you either step up to take him down and pay a little yourself or you hesitate to do so and he's by you. Foster, on the other hand, despite being a tad bigger is less of a power runner. By that I mean he's not seeking contact, he avoids it with the cutting ability shown here. His size doesn't betray him through the line and arm tackles though, I don't mean it like that.

I bet Tate wins a 40 yard dash but when Foster cuts and is still at speed where others would take another step to get back in gear....Foster is already running and planning another cut. Special.

And then if you got enough of those guys.....you get Ward comin' in who is absolutely a load to handle haha...embarrassment of riches. If only Slaton was still capable, his 2008 skill set would round out the most complete, most devastatingly awesome stable of RB's ever.

thunderkyss
10-28-2011, 07:53 AM
The thing I find interesting is despite Tate and Foster's similar build (Foster listed at 6-1 229, Tate 5-11, 214) they are nothing alike as runners. Tate is more of a banger, get the ball, run the ball, hit somebody before they hit you type of mentality but he's got straight line/40 yard dash/homerun speed to boot. So you either step up to take him down and pay a little yourself or you hesitate to do so and he's by you. Foster, on the other hand, despite being a tad bigger is less of a power runner. By that I mean he's not seeking contact, he avoids it with the cutting ability shown here. His size doesn't betray him through the line and arm tackles though, I don't mean it like that.

I bet Tate wins a 40 yard dash but when Foster cuts and is still at speed where others would take another step to get back in gear....Foster is already running and planning another cut. Special.

And then if you got enough of those guys.....you get Ward comin' in who is absolutely a load to handle haha...embarrassment of riches. If only Slaton was still capable, his 2008 skill set would round out the most complete, most devastatingly awesome stable of RB's ever.

& I like Foster, but our head coach has to see the differences in these guys & be able to tell when one is being more effective than the other.

That Ravens game, should have been Ben Tate banging in there during the first half, wearing that defense down. Then bring Foster in to finish them off.

We should really (imo) have a few two back sets, with both Foster & Tate in the backfield at the same time. We can still throw & run from a pro set, we can run either left or right, we can run screens to either side, we can leak Foster out of the backfield, keep Ben in to protect.

Then you add the flexability of Dressen & OD.... unstoppable.

TejasTom
10-28-2011, 08:01 AM
& I like Foster, but our head coach has to see the differences in these guys & be able to tell when one is being more effective than the other.

That Ravens game, should have been Ben Tate banging in there during the first half, wearing that defense down. Then bring Foster in to finish them off.

We should really (imo) have a few two back sets, with both Foster & Tate in the backfield at the same time. We can still throw & run from a pro set, we can run either left or right, we can run screens to either side, we can leak Foster out of the backfield, keep Ben in to protect.

Great assessment. We have a two back set we have used a few times in the shotgun but it has been with Casey or Daniels as the second back. When I saw it, I wondered why not Tate as second back.

TimeKiller
10-28-2011, 11:29 AM

Yeah. I just don't think it would've mattered too much who was running, they filled their gaps pretty well and didn't allow cutback lanes to open. Nice in theory though, using Tate to jab open the holes and Foster to blow it up.

I agree with the idea but when they designed the offense coming into the season Tate was a bit of an unknown, especially with his hammy issue. The ONLY reason you would bring out two RBs is if they are....well....as effective as they have been. My point is, it's not like they knew Tate was THIS good, so why design specific packages around him and Foster? Especially while trying to incorporate Casey into the backfield. Seems like a lot to ask but definitely something to look at the next time they set up the playbook. Maybe even a fullhouse package with Casey/Vickers leading for one or the other. THAT to me has a world of potential. OD/AJ keeping defenses back and then having to deal with the OL and their scheme AND THEN having to deal with Casey AND Vickers coming downhill AND THEN having to deal with the nifty, shifty running of Foster. Deadly I tell you.

beerlover
10-28-2011, 11:37 AM
a healthy Tate now seems worthy of his second round selection & should be paid as such, while Foster went undrafted he is playing like a first round pick & not being paid like one. could be just me but @ some point Texans need to address his value properly & promptly.

ThaJokaa
10-28-2011, 01:49 PM
do a wild cat i-formation, casey qb, arian n tate. triple option play

Air Canada
10-29-2011, 01:45 AM

Sounds more like.... Someone has been having a little too much fun on Madden. :shades:

fiasco west
10-29-2011, 04:59 AM
Yeah. I just don't think it would've mattered too much who was running, they filled their gaps pretty well and didn't allow cutback lanes to open. Nice in theory though, using Tate to jab open the holes and Foster to blow it up.

Tate had 9 rushes for 41 yards, a average of 4.6 ypc. He should have had a lot more carries IMO that game. I don't see why they don't split time.

You give the defense a different look with Tate and Foster splitting time
You give the other rest and lower the chance of injury to both
They are both good enough to do it

Just that Tate was a top rusher in the NFL while he was running. He hasn't really slowed down from that production. Simply got hurt and is now only getting around 10 touches a game.