PDA

View Full Version : Checking in: the 2011 First-Rounders JJ WATT

srrono
10-27-2011, 09:29 AM
Von Miller is Beasting full list of 1st rounders follow link
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/10/27/checking-in-the-2011-first-rounders/

11. J.J. Watt, DE, Houston Texans

Grade: +4.6 Snaps: 344

Possibly Interesting Stat: His 18 combined sacks, hits and hurries are the fifth-most of any 3-4 defensive end.

Observations: Watt and his high motor made an instant impact with a five-pressure game against the Colts, but he has struggled to replicate that performance. Interestingly, the Texans have cut down on his playing time after he played 85% of the Texans’ snaps in the opening three games (he’s down to 68.4% in the last three). The result seems to be more consistent performances, showing up big against Oakland in the run game, and picking up a sack and two pressures against Tennessee

El Tejano
10-27-2011, 10:03 AM
If they include the batted down passes and blocked FG, then he looks alot better too.

thunderkyss
10-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Von Miller is Beasting full list of 1st rounders follow link
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/10/27/checking-in-the-2011-first-rounders/

11. J.J. Watt, DE, Houston Texans

Grade: +4.6 Snaps: 344

Possibly Interesting Stat: His 18 combined sacks, hits and hurries are the fifth-most of any 3-4 defensive end.

Observations: Watt and his high motor made an instant impact with a five-pressure game against the Colts, but he has struggled to replicate that performance. Interestingly, the Texans have cut down on his playing time after he played 85% of the Texans’ snaps in the opening three games (he’s down to 68.4% in the last three). The result seems to be more consistent performances, showing up big against Oakland in the run game, and picking up a sack and two pressures against Tennessee

I guess that flies against my assumption that we haven't seen as much from him since Mario went down.

BigBull17
10-27-2011, 12:12 PM
Too many snaps on the Dline is bad. Better to play 70% of snaps at 100% than 85% at 85%.

Crushing56
10-27-2011, 12:31 PM
I thought he had been kind of invisible since the Indianapolis game.

eriadoc
10-27-2011, 01:05 PM
I guess that flies against my assumption that we haven't seen as much from him since Mario went down.

Steady against the run doesn't get the sort of attention that sacks, hurries, batted balls, and blocked FGs get. This team held McFadden to a very low rushing total, and Watt was a big part of that. And a 3-4 DE doesn't have the luxury of trying to blast into the backfield all the time. They have to hold their ground, seal the edge, and sometimes just be a clog in the running lane.

beerlover
10-27-2011, 01:31 PM
demonstrates how difficult it is to grade CB's & project them to next level in whatever scheme/supporting cast.

QB position will continue to be over drafted.

OT is about the safest bet to hit a solid starter.

Why use a first round pick on a RB?

:kitten:

b0ng
10-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Why use a first round pick on a RB?

:kitten:
LaDanian Tomlinson. Adrian Peterson.

TimeKiller
10-28-2011, 12:07 PM
He's a rookie. Don't forget....

He plays a dirty work position too. Nobody reffered to LDE as the "superstar" position before the season when they were trying to explain the change or anything about Mario.

I say he's been good so far, not great but solid. It seems like a few plays a game, here and there he comes up with a play or two. Not dominating anyone though, YET! I think the pick was a good one, all told.