PDA

View Full Version : What player(s) you focusing on vs Jags?

badboy
10-25-2011, 09:30 PM
I'm going with Schaub again and also Reed.

badboy
10-25-2011, 09:31 PM
Guess title should have read "which" player not what. sigh.

80tothezone
10-25-2011, 10:41 PM
foster, the ol, jj, and nolan

Shaft75
10-25-2011, 11:00 PM
The red ones FO sho

TexansFanatic
10-25-2011, 11:02 PM
I'm focusing on Maurice Jones-Drew and I hope the Texans are also.

Ryan
10-25-2011, 11:31 PM
Always the O-Line. If we lose up front we usually lose the game.

Allstar
10-25-2011, 11:49 PM
I'm hoping #80

TheRealJoker
10-26-2011, 07:22 AM
MJD vs Cushing

Blake
10-26-2011, 07:56 AM
I will be focusing on our front 7 run defense. I also will be looking for them to go after the ball. After MJD's 3 fumble night, we really need to make him focus on securing the rock.

thunderkyss
10-26-2011, 08:26 AM
At reliant, I always watch the DBs & receivers. Can't really see that part of the game on TV.

Corrosion
10-26-2011, 12:20 PM
Texans front seven Vs MJD and the Jaq's OL. They were able to run the ball right up the middle against the Ravens who are the NFL's best rushing defense.

Texans recievers Vs Jaq's secondary who had a hell of a game against Baltimore last week.

thunderkyss
10-26-2011, 12:32 PM
Texans front seven Vs MJD and the Jaq's OL. They were able to run the ball right up the middle against the Ravens who are the NFL's best rushing defense.

They were able to gain 3.5 ypc on 30 carries against a team that had trouble scoring.

If we can put a 17 point lead on Jacksonville, they'll stop running the ball.

Vinnie
10-26-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm hoping #80

And #86, according to a recent retweet by Mrs. Stradley:

Stephanie Stradley
Praise be RT @TexansVoice Kubiak: Andre Johnson practiced today. Went the whole way... still day to day process. James Casey took full load

HOU-TEX
10-26-2011, 01:36 PM
The long-snappers.....:hides:

badboy
10-26-2011, 01:43 PM
The long-snappers.....:hides:You're going to focus on only 3 plays? ( I hope)

HOU-TEX
10-26-2011, 01:46 PM
You're going to focus on only 3 plays? ( I hope)

Hopefully a lot more than that, considering the same snapper snaps for KOs, extra points and FGs

Rey
10-26-2011, 01:49 PM
Hopefully a lot more than that, considering the same snapper snaps for KOs, extra points and FGs

LOL....:heart:

TejasTom
10-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Neil Rackers on kick coverage!

speedfreek
10-26-2011, 11:27 PM
casey took a full load? hopefully he at least cleaned it up!

ewww..

TJ

TimeKiller
10-27-2011, 07:25 AM
casey took a full load? hopefully he at least cleaned it up!

ewww..

TJ

Worst. Post. Ever.:clap:

Rey
10-27-2011, 08:25 AM
I have said I was going to focus on certain players but I kinda just see what I see...

Some players are a lot easier to focus on and other players you may want to go back and take a second look at.

drunkcookie
10-27-2011, 08:30 AM
Defensively i'll still be focussing on Ryans when he's in, and Nolan now of course... But i must say i'm more interested in the game-plan for this one... Does Wade get nuts with it?

Offensively i'm looking at the line, Wade Smith mostly... And of course the game-plan... Kubiak, for all the grief we give him, should have been given the game ball last week...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

drunkcookie
10-27-2011, 08:39 AM
Kubiak, for all the grief we give him, should have been given the game ball last week...

Correction: Brian Cushing should have ripped the game ball in half, giving one half to Foster and the other to Kubiak.. maybe removing the laces and splitting it amongst the defense...

thunderkyss
10-27-2011, 09:08 AM
And of course the game-plan... Kubiak, for all the grief we give him, should have been given the game ball last week...

The game plan was no different (I don't think) than any of our other games. The players were just able to execute, that is all. All our other games would have gone the same way had a few people made a few plays.

I do agree with your speculation of Wade Smith. If he has a good game, we'll have a good game. If he's getting abused, we're going to have a long day.

drunkcookie
10-27-2011, 09:43 AM
The game plan was no different (I don't think) than any of our other games. The players were just able to execute, that is all. All our other games would have gone the same way had a few people made a few plays.

I'll respectfully disagree here..

The first two drives looked like what we did in Baltimore, so i'll give that to you, but after that the play-caling changed...

It's as if the game-plan early was to get the basic offense going... Didn't work on the first drive but seeing the D held, they tried going with it one more time... Didn't work the second time but the D still held... Instead of being stubborn and staying with that basic offense, they went about things differently... I don't remember that many play action boots in the two previous games combined... They also lined the TEs outside a lot more often, trying to spread the box/delete a player from it..

It's funny, because after the Baltimore game i said that i was 'almost' serious about them running that play action boot every other play or so (in other words, more than once or twice a game)..seems that Kub and the offensive staff weren't stubborn here, and used it a lot more...

I'm not saying they went 180 on the game plan or anything, they were just able to identify what could work really well and i'm sure it was in the game-plan... a plan-B if you will... Hats off for that...

heymak
10-27-2011, 09:54 AM
I'm focusing on Maurice Jones-Drew and I hope the Texans are also.

Got to go with this. Seems MJD does well against us for some reason.

badboy
10-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Hopefully a lot more than that, considering the same snapper snaps for KOs, extra points and FGsI was thinking punts of course. Red faced now.

Corrosion
10-28-2011, 04:06 AM
I'll respectfully disagree here..

The first two drives looked like what we did in Baltimore, so i'll give that to you, but after that the play-caling changed...

It's as if the game-plan early was to get the basic offense going... Didn't work on the first drive but seeing the D held, they tried going with it one more time... Didn't work the second time but the D still held... Instead of being stubborn and staying with that basic offense, they went about things differently... I don't remember that many play action boots in the two previous games combined... They also lined the TEs outside a lot more often, trying to spread the box/delete a player from it..

It's funny, because after the Baltimore game i said that i was 'almost' serious about them running that play action boot every other play or so (in other words, more than once or twice a game)..seems that Kub and the offensive staff weren't stubborn here, and used it a lot more...

I'm not saying they went 180 on the game plan or anything, they were just able to identify what could work really well and i'm sure it was in the game-plan... a plan-B if you will... Hats off for that...

I have to agree with TK .... the plays on the first two drives were not much different from the rest , after Foster broke loose on 3rd down and long .... the tides turned. It boiled down to a guy making a bleeping play. It boiled down to the offense executing their assignments in the running game which made possible the big plays -

The 78 yard pass to Foster and the 34 yarder to OD were both off the same play action set .... the only difference being the guy who leaked out of the blocking scheme ..... both being wide open.
They run the ball out of that exact same set and if they do it effectively .... the defense has to honor run first which you see the results of.

Foster dropped two passes in the first half of the Baltimore game while .... wide open .... both of which could have changed the course of the game ... Vickers one in the Raiders game that should have been the game winner ..... from the same scheme.

Make a damn play. Its all about execution ....

Rey
10-28-2011, 09:34 AM
Make a damn play. Its all about execution ....

I agree...

That said, playcalling can put your team at an advantage or disadvantage...You can take mediocre/less talented players and have great coaching and great playcalling and make some noise.

I'm not saying that you were dismissing the play calling aspect, but bad playcalling can really screw a team....trust me...

thunderkyss
10-28-2011, 09:56 AM
I agree...

That said, playcalling can put your team at an advantage or disadvantage...You can take mediocre/less talented players and have great coaching and great playcalling and make some noise.

I'm not saying that you were dismissing the play calling aspect, but bad playcalling can really screw a team....trust me...

My original statement (the one he was referring to) actually said the game plan was the same, which is a little different from play-calling.

The actual play-calls are going to change depending on the situation, 2&9 as opposed to 2&1. Heck, if Foster would have caught a couple of those passes & "made a play" we might have seen a lot more of those type plays. As it were, we were in 3rd & long way too many times against the Baltimore defense...... what are you going to do?

Rey
10-28-2011, 10:49 AM
My original statement (the one he was referring to) actually said the game plan was the same

How can we possibly know this?

All we have to go on is what plays are called.

Gameplanning has to do with attacking specific weaknesses of your opponent. Or protecting against certain strengths.

Maybe I am not reading what you are saying right though...

Mr teX
10-28-2011, 11:18 AM
Reed & Barwin. If ever there was a game for these two to show something, this is it. Gabbert flinches at any & everything that comes close to him. If these 2 are being as disruptive as mussop & dalemurphy claim...Gabbert should be flinching alot if not on his back.

drunkcookie
10-28-2011, 11:46 AM
I think we all may be right here..in my view the ingrediants were all the same, but the amounts, approach and technique were just different... Eggs, bacon, tomato, onion and bacon can help in making an omelet. But if tweaked can make huevos rancheros (am i hungry? Yes i am!)...

Sure, players actually stepping up and making plays helped, but i'd argue they were put in damn good situations to do so... Play action boot being used more and the TEs outside more, along with the players playing their asses off created a masacre..

just my take, not saying i'm right, or i would have DISrespectfully disagreed ha... I just saw everyone from the top down do an awesome job last week, which is why i hinted at splitting the game-ball...

badboy
10-28-2011, 12:07 PM
Reed & Barwin. If ever there was a game for these two to show something, this is it. Gabbert flinches at any & everything that comes close to him. If these 2 are being as disruptive as mussop & dalemurphy claim...Gabbert should be flinching alot if not on his back.
i agree and think we might have some INTs off sloppy passes by Mr. Gabby.

mootini
10-28-2011, 02:09 PM
i agree and think we might have some INTs off sloppy passes by Mr. Gabby.

One thing Gabby hasn't done is throw picks. I see him playing well this week vs Texans. You guys also need to watch Jason Hill, he's been playing a lot better lately. I hope Marcedes can finally stop dropping passes and TD's, he's dropped 4 TD's this year! :kitten:

The Pencil Neck
10-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Got to go with this. Seems MJD does well against us for some reason.

MJD does well against a lot of teams. And the reason is because he's a good football player.

Mr teX
10-28-2011, 03:30 PM
he'll be afforded any and all opportunities to do well if the gameplan against us is anything like that against everyone else......give the ball to MJD 7896706 times.

badboy
10-28-2011, 04:15 PM
One thing Gabby hasn't done is throw picks. I see him playing well this week vs Texans. You guys also need to watch Jason Hill, he's been playing a lot better lately. I hope Marcedes can finally stop dropping passes and TD's, he's dropped 4 TD's this year! :kitten:

48 % completion averaging 5.66 yds is not too impressive. True he as been intercepted only twice but snicker comeon.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13987/blaine-gabbert

Instant Conner is gonna get to you. (referencing Instant Karma by the Beatles)

thunderkyss
10-28-2011, 04:41 PM
MJD does well against a lot of teams. And the reason is because he's a good football player.

That & Del Rio does a good job of staying committed to the run (mainly because he has nothing else).

thunderkyss
10-28-2011, 05:03 PM
48 % completion averaging 5.66 yds is not too impressive. True he as been intercepted only twice but snicker comeon.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13987/blaine-gabbert

Instant Conner is gonna get to you. (referencing Instant Karma by the Beatles)

I think it will be interesting to watch Gabbert's numbers regardless. Stats are for losers & all that, but it will allow us to gauge our pass defense.

QB Rating vs Houston -- Season Avg

Kerry Collins 82.3 vs 65.9
Chad Henne ; 56.2 vs 79
Drew Brees ; 99.6 vs 104.6
Ben Rothlisb; 61.2 vs 95.3
Jason Campb; 67.6 vs 84.2
Joe Flacco . ; 78.5 vs 76.2
Matt Hasselb; 38.8 vs 87.7

Overall, our pass defense looks to be for real. Even though

Demeco isn't 100%
We lost Mario
Kj "sucks"