PDA

View Full Version : Texans cut Trindon Holliday

srrono
10-25-2011, 05:10 PM
espn_afcsouth Paul Kuharsky
#Texans cut returner/WR Trindon Holliday, sign S/returner Quintin Demps.

XI CMURDER IX
10-25-2011, 05:11 PM
Well that was short lived, at least he fielded the ball good! Then ran backwards and lost some yards.

Corrosion
10-25-2011, 05:15 PM
Wonder who returns punts and kicks now .... Andersen ? Keo ? McCain ?!

Ndevine7
10-25-2011, 05:17 PM

Mcmanis on kickoff and Jones on punts supposedly

srrono
10-25-2011, 05:17 PM

NickScurfield Nick Scurfield
Texans' kick returners are now CB Sherrick McManis (kickoffs) & Jacoby Jones (punts). Demps a backup at both spots

Double Barrel
10-25-2011, 05:18 PM
My son is going to be bummed. Not because Holliday is any good, but he liked the fact that he was only 5'5" tall. :D

srrono
10-25-2011, 05:20 PM
My son is going to be bummed. Not because Holliday is any good, but he liked the fact that he was only 5'5" tall. :D

i know the texans can be sneaky and have trindon hide in another players helmet. Ultimate trick play!

AnthonyE
10-25-2011, 05:21 PM

So did I. As a short person (only 5'4") I liked having someone of comparable height on my favorite NFL team. Was rooting for the little guy. Inspiration to short people everywhere, I daresay.

Double Barrel
10-25-2011, 05:23 PM
So did I. As a short person (only 5'4") I liked having someone of comparable height on my favorite NFL team. Was rooting for the little guy. Inspiration to short people everywhere, I daresay.

He was wondering how tall MJD was last night during MNF, so I told him to look on the internets. Turns out Holliday is the shortest player in the NFL.

I was rooting for him, too. We daydreamed that maybe the Texans could have the shortest and tallest in a couple of years (my oldest son is 6'10", RT at SFA).

But it was not meant to be.

AnthonyE
10-25-2011, 05:33 PM
He was wondering how tall MJD was last night during MNF, so I told him to look on the internets. Turns out Holliday is the shortest player in the NFL.

I was rooting for him, too. We daydreamed that maybe the Texans could have the shortest and tallest in a couple of years (my oldest son is 6'10", RT at SFA).

I'll hope we'll have the tallest, then! If I ever meet your son I think I may break my neck just trying to make eye contact.

He's not too bummed about 45-10 is he? :shades:

Double Barrel
10-25-2011, 05:42 PM
I'll hope we'll have the tallest, then! If I ever meet your son I think I may break my neck just trying to make eye contact.

He's not too bummed about 45-10 is he? :shades:

yeah, this season has been a disaster. He got hurt (MCL) before the Piney Woods game at Reliant and hasn't played since. He's hoping for a return in November, but only time will tell.

He's a bit tall for an NFL lineman, but he's got a lot of heart. This was his first injury. Not severe, and that's the only wear and tear on his body. He just wants an invite to the combine in 2013 to get a shot.

DX-TEX
10-25-2011, 05:50 PM
A sign that Dre is coming back this week perhaps?

gtexan02
10-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Here today, gone tomorrow. Then here again the day after, then gone again?

This is confusing

TimeKiller
10-25-2011, 06:17 PM
Dang. Slap in the face to Holliday. How did Keo make it through this one?

Demps. :shrug: It is what it is. We finally have quality starters but of course, bad depth. Would've liked to see McMannis get a shot, heard some junk about Brandon Harris getting an opportunity at S, Keo proved he needs a LOT of work and Nolan...well HE'S STARTING NOW.

Barber was the ST/no real game guy that Keo has seemingly replaced. I mean what do you say? At least it's not John Busing?

Safety, #2 CB and WR have made themselves draft priorities in my view.

Rey
10-25-2011, 06:18 PM
yeah, this season has been a disaster. He got hurt (MCL) before the Piney Woods game at Reliant and hasn't played since. He's hoping for a return in November, but only time will tell.

He's a bit tall for an NFL lineman, but he's got a lot of heart. This was his first injury. Not severe, and that's the only wear and tear on his body. He just wants an invite to the combine in 2013 to get a shot.

Your son is pretty good....

I don't know all the players he is going against and I haven't really focused solely on him, but from what I have seen he is far from a liability.

thunderkyss
10-25-2011, 06:23 PM

We don't have anyone on our team named Anderson do we?

I hope not.

EllisUnit
10-25-2011, 08:02 PM

ewwwww i bet that SHSU pounding was tough ;) JK. Thats cool though i watched that game on TV

CloakNNNdagger
10-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Dang. Slap in the face to Holliday. How did Keo make it through this one?

We'll probably be asking ourselves the same question next season.:mcnugget:

Brisco_County
10-25-2011, 08:24 PM
I wonder when we're going to call him again. He's becoming the Texans' booty call for punt returners.

Texan_Bill
10-25-2011, 08:53 PM
espn_afcsouth Paul Kuharsky
#Texans cut returner/WR Trindon Holliday, sign S/returner Quintin Demps.

I stay away from Paul Kuharsky. While he does report things as they happen, he is also a Tinnbred hack. He's made way too many snide and snarky remarks about everyone not Tennessee. I'm not gonna go into specifics, but they're well documented on Twitter. There are plenty of other better sources where you can get the same info...

That said, I still follow this fool or tool (not sure which) on Twitter, so shame on me! FML!!

:facepalm: Bill!

TimeKiller
10-26-2011, 08:47 AM
We'll probably be asking ourselves the same question next season.:mcnugget:

Ha...you called it Doc. There's always been serious love in this organization for guys who can't contribute a fart outside of special teams. Keo, Barber, Molden....

Rey
10-26-2011, 09:26 AM
Limited opprotunities on special teams hurt Trindon....

We're going against another strong leg kicker this week so it makes sense to bring up someone who can contribute in regular sets

HOU-TEX
10-26-2011, 09:53 AM
Not much room for the 'one trick pony' anymore. Especially with the new kickoff rule.

GP
10-26-2011, 10:39 AM

Didn't SFA play in Reliant on the Saturday before the Raiders game at Reliant?

My wife and I stayed at Hilton Garden Inn and the SFA band members were staying in the Hilton, too.