PDA

View Full Version : Ryans & Brandon Harris info

badboy
10-25-2011, 02:45 PM
Can't find way to link to Oct 25th Houston Chronicle but on page 5 section C under Texans Summary: Ryans shut out gary discussed Achilles rupture, elbow discomfort and a 'little hammy issue' which we all knew. He goes on to say he, Kubiak had seen some comment from people wondewring, rep-wise what's going on. "We played a team (Titans) that had us in dime(coverage). Our defense was on field for I think 58 plays, and 40 of them were in dime." Ryans does not play dime. Cushing doesn't leave field". I think we knew that probably but first I've seen Gary talk about it.

In John McClain's article on safety, see link http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/With-Nolan-a-starter-Texans-begin-auditions-for-2234492.php

Positives for Harris

Fans have been wondering when Harris was going to contribute, considering how high he was drafted.

"We've been crowded at corner, so that's made it tough on him," Kubiak said about Harris not getting more playing time. "He hasn't done anything wrong. He's done some good things.

"He's a bright player, understands schemes and understands what's going on.

"We think Wade and Vance can catch him up real quick. We're going to take a look and give him an opportunity and work with him over the course of this week.

"We're going to see how things go this week, watch those guys work, and decide where we move from there. We'll see who can handle it the best."

I remember a post that Gary said cornerback position was crowded but not much else. I apologise if this was posted and I missed. I have been puzzled about Harris not getting any plays.

XI CMURDER IX
10-25-2011, 03:15 PM
Can't find way to link to Oct 25th Houston Chronicle but on page 5 section C under Texans Summary: Ryans shut out gary discussed Achilles rupture, elbow discomfort and a 'little hammy issue' which we all knew. He goes on to say he, Kubiak had seen some comment from people wondewring, rep-wise what's going on. "We played a team (Titans) that had us in dime(coverage). Our defense was on field for I think 58 plays, and 40 of them were in dime." Ryans does not play dime. Cushing doesn't leave field". I think we knew that probably but first I've seen Gary talk about it.

In John McClain's article on safety, see link http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/With-Nolan-a-starter-Texans-begin-auditions-for-2234492.php

Positives for Harris

Fans have been wondering when Harris was going to contribute, considering how high he was drafted.

"We've been crowded at corner, so that's made it tough on him," Kubiak said about Harris not getting more playing time. "He hasn't done anything wrong. He's done some good things.

"We think Wade and Vance can catch him up real quick. We're going to take a look and give him an opportunity and work with him over the course of this week.

"We're going to see how things go this week, watch those guys work, and decide where we move from there. We'll see who can handle it the best."

I remember a post that Gary said cornerback position was crowded but not much else. I apologise if this was posted and I missed. I have been puzzled about Harris not getting any plays.

I think he is trying to keep the secondary rookie free this year. Kareem Jackson might as well be a rookie though.

BullNation4Life
10-25-2011, 03:17 PM

Positives for Harris

The bold was in response to Gary saying on his radio show that Harris will be playing some Safety now that they are depleted....

TimeKiller
10-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Is it just me or do people seem upset over Ryans' playing time?

badboy
10-25-2011, 03:33 PM
Is it just me or do people seem upset over Ryans' playing time?I think fans see players on field and think they are 100% even if fans know player is still recovering. If a starter is off field as much as Ryans was against 10C, fans want to know why.

Hardcore Texan
10-25-2011, 03:43 PM

Positives for Harris

:ok:

Corrosion
10-25-2011, 11:55 PM
I think fans see players on field and think they are 100% even if fans know player is still recovering. If a starter is off field as much as Ryans was against 10C, fans want to know why.

Ryans was only on the field for 17 snaps Vs the Tits according to Gary ..... Mainly due to the Tits playing from behind and them being in nickle & dime packages the vast majority of the game.

Cushing is the only LBer on the field in those situations due to his athletic ability - being able to both rush the passer and cover RB's.

As for when they are on the field together - The majority of that time , Cushing is playing downhill either rushing the passer or playing the run. Ryans has more coverage responsibility in those situations thus he's not filling up the stat sheet and fans dont notice his performance because its not documented. Just look at the lack of production from the Tit's TE's / RB's while they were in their base defense and you'll see Ryans is doing his job well.

Allstar
10-26-2011, 12:01 AM
I'm 100% fine with keeping rookies out of the defensive backfield for the foreseeable future.

welsh texan
10-26-2011, 10:46 AM
Its good to hear that they're happy with Harris in practice. I think guys like Jackson and McCain are getting their chance to improve with some real coaching which is the right thing to do, and Brandon just has to wait his turn, hopefully that will make him better when he does finally see the field.

As for Ryans, he's done well so far and I can only see his fitness improving as time passes, and then we'll see good play return to great play hopefully.